THE BEST 12 LINKEDIN PERSONAL PROFILE COVER IMAGE IDEAS & STYLES
Need some ideas for your Linkedin profile cover/header image? Find the best Linkedin profile cover photo (header image) ideas, styles & examples to get inspired and start your powerhouse personal brand on Linkedin!
⚡️ Tip: Do not stop with your Linkedin cover image, also optimise for the most optimal Linkedin profile picture size
BEFORE DECIDING ON YOUR NEW LINKEDIN COVER PHOTO
Before you check the below best Linkedin profile cover image ideas and examples, let me tell you something you probably have been turning a blind eye to…
Linkedin is not helping your business
- Linkedin is a “money extraction” machine. Their business model is to make money from you.
- The Linkedin algorithm has been deliberately designed to lower your organic reach so you have to pay for ads to reach your followers. That’s why only 5% of your followers may see your posts (If you are lucky!)
- You keep trying to build an audience on Linkedin you will never own.
- You cannot transfer your hard-earned Linkedin followers to your CRM.
- Your customer acquisition costs from Linkedin ads are through the roof.
I can offer you the best marketing strategy training that will help you:
- Lower customer acquisition costs.
- Minimise dependency on paid media.
- Build a marketing engine with marketing assets and channels you fully own.
- Craft the best digital marketing plan and social media strategy that boosts sales and customer lifetime value.
THE BEST 12 LINKEDIN PERSONAL PROFILE COVER / HEADER IMAGE IDEAS, STYLES & EXAMPLES
Whether you are part of the young Gen Alpha with a junior role or a baby boomer with a C-level position (See generations’ years & names chart) you will need to have an impactful Linkedin profile header/cover image and get people to read your Linkedin profile and contact you. Even some of the most popular Australians with the most followers on Instagram are using Linkedin to raise their professional profiles.
Different Linkedin header image styles are being used and you will have to judge which Linkedin cover image style type might suit your needs.
Click on the titles or images below to see more examples for each image style.
Design your Linkedin cover image for a specific audience you want to connect with. For example:
- The key audience for job seekers is recruiters and/or HR managers.
- The key audience for business development managers (BDMs) is procurement managers or C-level executives.
- The key audience for not-for-profit founders is potential sponsors.
Popular this month > The new Linkedin video ad size specifications
Your Linkedin header image should offer clues about:
- Your skills
- Your personality
- Your passion
- Your style
Marketers who read this article also read > The top 10 Gen Z characteristics
Linkedin profile background images with your team can be a great idea, showing you lead and care for your team, only if you genuinely do so and have consent from the people appearing on the image.
⭐️ Popular read > The best cover image size for a Linkedin article
You will enjoy reading > This year’s top 10 TikTok Marketing trends
Add people to your Linkedin network in your next meeting or conference > How to discover Linkedin users nearby
⚡️Trending today > The top 10 social media analytics tools
You will enjoy reading > The best Linkedin cover photo size
Have you applied for a job through Linkedin and still waiting to hear from the recruiter? Check out the best follow-up message examples to a recruiter on Linkedin after applying for a job.
Marketers are reading > The best 10 Linkedin company pages.
⭐️ Exclusive > The top 10 Pinterest marketing trends
DON’T FORGET TO ALSO UPDATE YOUR LINKEDIN COMPANY COVER PHOTO
Use Linkedin company cover photo to promote specific events such as Valentine’s Day, Bicycle Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Black Friday, End of the Year campaigns, January sales, Earth Day, Refugee Day, etc.
Below is an example of Godiva’s Linkedin company page cover image ready for Valentine’s Day celebrations.
People are also reading > How to remove an employee from a Linkedin company page
Most views today > The new optimal Linkedin post image size
Professionals on Linkedin visit your profile for many different reasons. This means you do not necessarily have to publish a “skill” related Linkedin cover image or photo.
A Linkedin cover photo for a sales representative may want to convey values such as “trust” or “support”.
A CEO may choose to show she/he lives and breathes his/her company with a Linkedin cover image that includes the company logo or offices.
Trending > The top 10 most popular companies on Linkedin.
Expert tip: You do not have to stick to the same Linkedin header image for life, not even for the whole year! You can alternatively use this valuable space for a campaign or a key professional event/milestone you have achieved or aiming to achieve.
Popular this month > How to write a social media brief
2. THE “TRANSFORMATIONAL COACH” STYLE
Do you help people transform into better versions of themselves? Lee Davy uses his Linkedin header image to promote his program about how to stop drinking alcohol completely.
Just updated > The top 25 most popular Australian women on Youtube
Editor’s pick > The new optimal Linkedin profile cover photo size
Your Linkedin profile’s background cover image is your opportunity to create a positive first impression that matters. Having a solid Linkedin profile header photo is one way to increase your visibility and open up more professional opportunities. Your Linkedin background banner photo should reinforce who you are and visually support what you are communicating on your Linkedin profile. The photo or image should communicate your values, skills and professional identity or highlight social proof or achievements.
eDigital can help you conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise successful Linkedin advertising campaigns that generate leads and sales for your brand.
Our digital marketing services include:
- Strategic planning for social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Online advertising management and optimisation (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing).
- Marketing training: social media training and digital marketing training.
- SEO strategy and execution. Including content development (articles, stories, eye-catching and SEO-optimised visuals).
- Celebrity and influencer marketing campaign strategy.
- Brand development. Logo creation, brand personality development and design of marketing materials.
- Consumer contests/competitions/giveaways.
- Email marketing. Dip sequence design and deployment.
- Conversion rate optimisation. It is also called “path to purchase” optimisation.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing, help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you own, stir your team’s thinking, bring new ideas for new conversion paths and boost customer lifetime value.
THE BEST LINKEDIN PROFILE COVER/HEADER IMAGE IDEAS & EXAMPLES
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants offering the best marketing strategy training and the best social media training. Top marketers use Mau’s popular Digital Marketing Plan and Social Media Plan templates.