THE BEST GENERATION YEARS CHART & NAMES LIST
Find below the best generation years chart & names list. The best generation years diagram you can download and create your own.
Brought to you by Mau, a Senior Digital Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
Popular read > The top-secret ideas to marketing to youth in Australia
THE BEST GENERATION YEARS CHART & NAMES LIST
The generation years and names you are about to find in the chart below refer to Western social generations defined as a birth demographic cohort (in social science) of all of the people born during a specific period of time.
These generations are widely used in popular culture, marketing and advertising; and they have been the basis for sociological analysis.
Marketers are also reading > Gen Alpha years
⚡️ Most views today > The most followed Australians on Youtube – list
Serious analysis of generations began in the nineteenth century, emerging from an increasing awareness of the possibility of permanent social change and the idea of youthful rebellion against the established social order.
Some analysts believe that a generation is one of the fundamental social categories in a society, while others view its importance as being overshadowed by other factors including class, gender, race, and education, among others.
Trending today > The top 10 social media trends right now
Marketers love the idea of customer segmentation by generation cohort, however, some people who are part of a generation not being marketed are surely buying and consuming products and services; making the process of customer segmentation by generation a limited tool.
WANT TO EDIT THIS TEMPLATE AND MAKE YOUR CHART?
Yes, get immediate access to this “Generations & Born Years“ chart template on Canva.
HOW TO GET THIS GRAPH TEMPLATE
- Complete payment on Paypal.
- Once payment is completed, click on the “Return to merchant” link to be taken to a confirmation page where you will find the link to this premium chart template on Canva.com
- Any questions, you can always contact us.
Marketers are reading > What is after Gen Z?
GENERATION NAMES LIST AND YEARS
- Lost generation (1883-1900)
- Greatest generation (1901- 1927)
- Silent generation (Born 1928-1945)
- Boomers (Born 1946-1964)
- Gen X (Born 1965-80)
- Millennials – also known as Gen Y (Born 1981-1996)
- Gen Z (Born 1997-2010) The top 10 Gen Z characteristics
- Alpha (Born 2011-2025) So, what is after Gen Alpha?
Marketers who view this chart are also checking the “Best social media channels by age” chart which provides a great indication of the social media user’s ages per platform including TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitch and Linkedin.
⭐️ You will also like > Marketing to Australia’s youth
Popular this month > The top 10 TikTok Marketing trends for this year
Marketers have been using generational marketing for decades. Generational marketing is when the target audience is segmented and targeted by generation, which is determined by the year in which the target audience was born. New marketers who are not familiar with all the different names and years for each generation will find this chart useful.
eDigital can help you conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise successful marketing campaigns that generate leads and sales for your brand.
The services we offer include:
- Strategic planning for social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Online advertising management and optimisation (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing).
- Marketing training: social media training and digital marketing training.
- SEO strategy and execution. Including content development (articles, stories, eye-catching and SEO-optimised visuals).
- Celebrity and influencer marketing campaign strategy.
- Brand development. Logo creation, brand personality development and design of marketing materials.
- Consumer contests/competitions/giveaways.
- Email marketing. Dip sequence design and deployment.
- Conversion rate optimisation. Also called “path to purchase” optimisation.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing, help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you own, stir your team’s thinking, bring new ideas for new conversion paths and boost customer lifetime value.
THE BEST GENERATION YEARS CHART & NAMES
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants and facilitator of eDigital‘s best marketing strategy training and best social media training. Top marketers use Mau’s popular Digital Marketing Plan and Social Media Plan templates.