THE NEW OPTIMAL LINKEDIN POST IMAGE SIZE FOR 2024
Find the best, most optimal, up-to-date image size for the perfect Linkedin post in 2024. The ideal photo pixel size guide when posting on your Linkedin personal profile. Upload the most optimal image size when posting on your Linkedin personal profile and avoid Linkedin automatically cropping your image.
Brought to you by Mau, a Senior Linkedin marketing specialist at eDigital.
THE BEST LINKEDIN POST IMAGE SIZE FOR 2024
Before you find the best image size for your next Linkedin post in 2024, let me tell you something you have probably been turning a blind eye to…
Linkedin is not helping your business
- If you are lucky, your organic Linkedin posts are reaching an average of 5% of your followers. That’s crazy! This is a massive issue affecting thousands of professionals on Linkedin.
- You have been trying hard to build an audience on Linkedin that you do not even own.
- You cannot transfer your hard-earned Linkedin followers to your own CRM or another platform.
- Your customer acquisition costs from Linkedin ads are through the roof.
I can offer you marketing strategy training that will help you:
- Lower customer acquisition costs.
- Minimise dependency on paid media.
- Build a marketing engine with marketing assets and channels you fully own.
- Craft the best digital marketing plan and social media strategy that boosts sales and customer lifetime value.
THE TOP REASONS FOR PUBLISHING THE BEST IMAGE SIZE ON LINKEDIN
Linkedin reaches a total of 950+ million Linkedin members worldwide, making it one of the most popular social networks. But are you using the most optimal image size when posting on your Linkedin personal profile in 2024?
Posting on Linkedin with the right photo size is extremely powerful if you need to reach out, promote and network with professionals in a specific industry. We believe the new optimal Linkedin post image size should get as much attention as it deserves.
You want to maximise the amount of space your image takes from users’ Linkedin feed and at the same time ensure the image is good quality on a desktop, tablet or the Linkedin mobile phone app.
With these objectives in mind, the most optimal image sizes for Linkedin individual profile posts/updates are:
FOR DESKTOP VIEWS
The best Linkedin post image size for desktop views is 552 x 368 pixels.
Any image with an aspect ratio of 3:2 should work as long as the minimum width is 552 pixels. For example, a 1104 x 736 pixels image is totally fine.
This horizontal/landscape image size will be the best for people watching your Linkedin post from their desktop computers.
FOR MOBILE PHONE VIEWS
The best Linkedin post image size for mobile phone views is 552 x 672 pixels.
This vertical/portrait size will get you maximum real estate exposure when your connections are reading your Linkedin posts from their mobile phones.
Uploading the most optimal image sizes for your Linkedin posts becomes particularly important for promotions you sent out on key dates such as Valentine’s Day, Bicycle Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Black Friday, End of the Year campaigns, January sales, Earth Day, Refugee Day, etc. As people will get bombarded and distracted with hundreds of Linkedin marketing messages during these celebrations, you should ensure your Linkedin posts are presented with the right image size.
RECOMMENDED IMAGE SIZE FOR LINKEDIN POST – HORIZONTAL
As noted before, a horizontal image will also fit fine, however, it will not get as much real estate as the vertical optimal image size noted above.
See below a horizontal image I shared with my Linkedin connections. The below image was 1104 x 736 pixels.
Expert tip: if website traffic is important to you and you have already uploaded the image on your website, you may want to create a text post on Linkedin that takes the reader to your page on your website.
This way you ensure Google indexes all images exclusively found on your website, rather than being found on a Linkedin post.
For example, I do not upload images on my Linkedin personal profile, instead, I create text posts that take the reader to specific articles on my website, making sure the only single source of my images for Google is found on my website – not on social media sites I do not control or I cannot monetise.
Popular articles this week
- The best image size for a company post on Linkedin
- The best Linkedin article header image size
- The best Linkedin profile cover image ideas
- The new Linkedin video ad size specifications
How important is it to add images to your posts on LinkedIn?
You may attract a different audience or a wider audience if you add images to your LinkedIn posts. The most optimal image size on a Linkedin post can help you highlight your authority or offer your audience another way to get to know your organisation and brands much better.
eDigital can conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise:
- Online Ads (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing)
- Consumer contests/competitions
- Digital marketing and social media strategy training
- Brand development. Logo creation and marketing materials design
- Influencer partnerships to amplify your campaigns, offers and promotions
- Content strategies including articles, stories and eye-catching visuals
We can also train your team on how to optimise your Linkedin marketing with the latest trends, tools, tips and best practices.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital’s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing campaigns and help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you fully own. The training will stir up your team’s thinking and bring new ideas to activate new conversion paths and effectively boost customer lifetime value.
THE BEST IMAGE SIZE FOR LINKEDIN POSTS IN 2024
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants. Mau can help you lower customer acquisition costs and paid media dependency through custom training and strategy sessions. Mau‘s popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates are used by top marketers.