THE BEST 37 INFLUENCER MARKETING PLATFORMS 2021 LIST
Find the best Influencer marketing platforms list 2021. Boost your sales and leads with these companies offering influencer marketing software used by hundreds of top marketers and business owners. Curated by Mau, a Senior Digital Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
INFLUENCER MARKETING DURING COVID TIMES
We can’t think of a time in our life that there’s been more business volatility. The current pandemic made marketing and sales forecasting quite challenging. As we look forward to the rest of the year, it’s hard for most marketers and business owners to define what’s coming.
Marketing and sales are riding in a choppy ocean and figuring out how to navigate it and what they want to commit in the short and medium term.
Having the above in mind, there are some key aspects to notice within Influencer marketing this year:
- A shift to different product categories and price brackets.
- When people’s routines have been so disrupted, it is key to inspire people with real stories. Your product/service should be part of the toolset your Ambassadors (Influencers) tell their stories of overcoming struggles or finding new novel ways for enjoying life.
- This means influencers should not talk about your product, they should be sharing real inspiring stories. Your product is only a tool they use within the story.
- Influencers have had to be really nimble to their partners’ needs/challenges and focus on building long-term relationships with brands, not sure how things will play out. This has resulted in more influencers offering affordable rates and offers.
- An increase in “escapism” maintains Influencers’ content popular. As people spend more time at home, they want ways of “escapism“ which is one of the main reasons people follow social media influencers anyway. Influencers have not stopped entertaining their audiences and providing relief from unpleasant current realities and challenges. Therefore, investments in Influencer Marketing continue to increase.
- The “Lipstick effect” is helping Influencers who decided to partner with “low-price” luxury product providers, offering them a silver lining during the crisis. The theory of the “lipstick effect” is the idea that cheaper products are bought during the pandemic because low-price luxuries continue to be in demand during a period of economic instability. High-end luxury brands, on the other hand, are not as popular at the moment.
You can also read our article: Low-Cost Influencer Marketing Platforms
WHY INFLUENCER MARKETING NOW!
At some point in the last few years, you’ve probably asked yourself, “should we be doing influencer marketing?” Whether at the level of Kim Kardashian or the local super-connector, influencers can expand your brand reach with the right audiences. How can you discover that influencer that will best represent your brand and connect with your audience? Or what’s needed to run a full influencer campaign and get successful results? Don’t miss the opportunity to step up your influencer marketing game. Find the perfect influencer marketing platform to substantially increase your reach and grow your business on social media.
The influencer marketing industry is expected to be worth 14 billion in 2021 according to Influencer Marketing Hub, this means influencers with great communities and followers will continue to be able to monetise their reach.
Shopping behaviours have changed so dramatically and in such disrupting ways over the last decade that not even the top marketers or business owners with the best digital marketing strategies are safe of this brutal transition. The rules to secure brand awareness, share of voice, brand recall and loyalty have totally changed and new innovative methods such as Influencer Marketing are popping up pretty much everywhere.
Influencer marketing can be effective when properly managed! It was reported by Adweek that marketers who implemented an Influencer Marketing program received $6.85 in earned media value for every $1.00 of paid media. Three industries performed above the $6.85 average, consumer packaged goods and food generated $11.33 per $1.00 spent, and retail and apparel generated $10.48.
Influencer marketing campaigns effectiveness is directly related to selecting the right influencers for your brand. Your influencers need to be the right match, with the right size following and have the right demographic and psychographic audience that matches your brand’s most valuable customer segments. If you’re careful with who you select, you’ll be blowing past your ROI goals so fast that it will be easy to sustain your influencer marketing spend.
🔥 Trending > How much do influencers charge?
The number of influencer marketing platforms we have been discovering have more than double in the last year and the marketing professionals with skills to implement successful Influencer Marketing campaigns are in high demand with – no surprise – New York being the most popular place demanding professional Influencer Marketers.
Reviewing some of the best influencer marketing platforms is surely a task you, other business owners and many marketers will explore and complete during 2019 and this article is here to help you in that initial stage of handpicking some potential options.
The Influencer Marketing and Social Influencer Networks as a whole is vastly unregulated, which ultimately causes many challenges to marketers looking to run Social Influencer Marketing Campaigns.
There is no global agreed benchmark of:
- Who actually can be officially considered as an influencer
- How “Influence” should be measured. Influencer platforms measuring “influence” differently
- How “influential” actually an influencer is
- How much money influencers should be paid? as different platforms offer different chargers
- Standard guarantees that a particular influencer collaboration or campaign will actually be successful.
Added to this, marketers are just starting to understand the power of influencer marketing and what’s involved in running a campaign from start to finish.
Find below not only the Top Best influencer marketing platforms but also some top tips when implementing your influencer marketing campaigns and strategies for dealing with the challenges of influencer marketing so you run a successful Influencer marketing campaign.
Get ready and brief an influencer with this best Influencer Brief Template
WHAT’S AN INFLUENCER MARKETING PLATFORM?
An Influencer Marketing Platform (also called: Social Influencer Network) is an online tool or software via app or web browser that allows you to search, contact, negotiate, manage, communicate with the influencers; measure, optimise campaigns and present results. Each platform has different pricing options allowing you to choose the best for your needs and budget. Some influencer platforms allow you to use the tool for free for a limited time period while others charge a monthly fee.
WHY ARE BRANDS DOING INFLUENCER COLLABORATIONS?
There are many key reasons marketers use influencer marketing. Some of the top ones are:
- Influencers will make their own content to promote your brand. No need to pay for expensive photoshoots and/or models.
- When brands keep repeating the same ideas or quotes on social media, they can sound trite/cliché. You can stay ahead by letting influencers bring originality to your key audiences.
- Influencers’ audiences are already dialled in. As a marketer, you can trust your message will be heard and felt by the intended influencers’ fans.
TOP BENEFITS OF USING AN INFLUENCER MARKETING PLATFORM
Influencers are more than a new generation of celebrities – they are visual creators, curators, writers, producers and distributors of content to a large and already engaged audience. Social Media Influencers are this generation’s storytellers, telling product stories in a way that no one else can. Their audience trusts them and looks to them for inspiration and advice on the newest products, brands and services.
When it comes to purchasing products and discovering trends, consumers’ most trusted sources have become creators, not traditional celebrities or brands.
Some of the key benefits of using an influencer platform are:
- You can find influencers and add them to a targeted list of bookmarked profiles and contact them all from one dashboard
- Filter your influencer search by location, audience size, platform type, topic and to find the perfect fit for your campaign
- Easy access to your influencers social channels, their bio and a selection of their content so you can get an idea of what type of content they post
- The platforms take hours out of influencer discovery and research and make it easy to track and manage collaborations, so you can keep your campaigns organised in one single dashboard.
- A great Influencer platform will help you define how much you should pay an influencer, what you are actually going to be charged and what deliverables will be received.
WHAT SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS GET MOST OF THE INFLUENCER MARKETING BUDGETS?
Did you see above what I saw?
Yeah, Tiktok is not even considered in some of the Influencer Marketing reports. And that’s exactly where the opportunity is if you believe some of your prime prospects or most “profitable” customers are already consuming hours of TikTok content.
No surprise brands such as WW (Former WeightWatchers) are using Tiktok influencers to reach couch potatoes.
Why influencer marketing will explode this year – Your boss will be surprised with these stats.
WHAT TO LOOK AT WHEN CHOOSING AN INFLUENCER PLATFORM OR A SOCIAL INFLUENCER NETWORK?
An Influencer marketing strategy requires more than simply finding influencers, and you want to have the right tools in place to create a robust and successful program. Below are some of the top Influencer marketing platform features you want to be able to access as you execute your influencer marketing programs:
- The ability to discover and search for influencers and tools to niche down your influencer list. What tools and metrics the platform offers to discover and filter out influencers so you get a great sample to use for your campaign.
- Easy contract, payment negotiations and payment facilitation. How does the platform set prices for each influencer? Do they have an algorithm in place to set the price in relation to their influence rank? or any o their method? How easy and fast is it to negotiate deals with all your selected influencers and make correspondent payments?
- Workflow and project management tools for working with influencers. What tools the platform offers for project management and communication with each influencer.
- ROI Measurement, Analytics, metrics, tracking, and reporting. What type of results can be guaranteed: sales? the number of visits to advertisers’ websites? the number of mentions? has brand recognition lifted? recall lift? the number of views on the influencer branded content? increase in e-newsletter subscriptions? or grow the brand social following to XXX numbers? What tools, metrics (aggregated reach, audience engagement, influencer audience data, engagement to a topic, contribution to the overall brand conversation, sentiment, share of voice, top content, affinity to the brand). Do the platform offer visually friendly dashboards that present your campaign results and offer you insights you can then apply for the next influencer campaigns? Does the influencer platform offer an app to see real-time results?
- Influencer Engagement Rates. If you’re a marketer, the #1 thing you should be focusing on is finding influencers with a high engagement rate. 79% of businesses rank engagement as the most important factor when evaluating who is an ideal influencer. It’s not just about audience size. It is great to use an Influencer Platform that tells you how high a potential influencer engagement is before making a deal. The influencer’s audience needs to be engaged—that is, their fans regularly spend time liking and commenting on their posts. Genuine positive comments (not just emojis or generic phrases) are, of course, a more valuable signal of a strong social following than likes alone. If an influencer has 1 million followers but only averages 1,000 likes or comments per post or video, their engagement rate is 0.1%, which is not great. Your ideal partner should have an engagement rate of at least 0.8%. Be mindful that engagement rates tend to be lower the more followers an account has.
- The Right Fit. What type of content do they post? What do they love to talk about? How will your content make them appear to their audience? You – the marketer – will have a valuable partnership when all parties win: brand, influencer, audience.
- Influencers quality control. Does the platform accept anyone with a big number of followers even if those accounts are just copying popular content or does the platform focus on high-quality creative content from authentic creators?
- Briefing mechanism. How is the briefing process and how easy is it to ensure your selected influencers present work against the brief? Does the platform offer ways or tools to inspire their influencers to deliver high-quality work? Does the tool send auto-responses to influencers who submitted content to be reviewed?
- Ability to target by “lifestyle” and not only industry-specific targeting. Influencers have become much more diverse in terms of the topics they cover. This gives you, as a marketer, a much wider pool to choose from. You need to get creative with your targeting. It’s about lifestyle matching, not industry-specific matching. Smart marketers have discovered that by targeting less obvious influencers, they’re able to tap into audiences who are less inundated with competitive products. Think of HP working with fashion bloggers. HP photo printing products resonate with that group because that demographic likes taking photos and their tech product had way less competition because these fashion bloggers don’t typically review tech products. If you decide to go this more creative route and work with influencers who are outside of your direct vertical, ensure you use lifestyle and demographic targeting to enjoy a killer influencer marketing campaign.
- Managing content copyrights or licensee fees. Does the platform help you have clear licensee fees or copyrights agreements with your influencers? More and more influencers are working to ensure they’re compensated fairly for their content—not just upfront with what they share with their audience, but the value they create after the fact, too. So if an influencer made a post on their account promoting your brand, you may have to pay a licensing fee to reuse their content on your own social media account. If the influencer you’re targeting typically charges a licensing fee, it may be possible to work out a deal that gives your brand ownership or unlimited use of the content.
Planning out these details usually comes during the negotiation and contracting phase, but it’s important to be aware of it ahead of time.
- Productivity. And finally, does the influencer platform really reduce the time it takes to do all of the above?
Get ready and brief an influencer with this best Influencer Brief Template
THE BEST 37 INFLUENCER MARKETING PLATFORMS 2021 LIST
Most are global platforms with few Australian based. (A to Z order). AR=Alexa ranking on Jan 2021.
Based in Santa Barbara, California, USA and now part of Impact (Since Aug 2020), Activate helps you reach 130k+ influencers in different categories including blogs, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube. You can filter by demographic, reach, engagement audience or campaign goal. You can monitor and track real-time activity and measure ROI on the analytics dashboard. Get reports by channel, influencer, readership demographic. You can work with influencers yourself or have their team of experts help manage your campaign. Influencer communication and content approval all happen on the platform. Influencers create content according to your campaign guidelines. Review and approve all content before influencers post. AR: 9.9k
Select an Influencer Marketing platform with a diverse, opt-in, influencer community spanning every field, from sneaker heads, to street style trendsetters, and paleo diet gurus. Direct access to 1st party data should then inform how the company selects influencers and builds for high-performing partnerships. To succeed with influencers, one must truly understand their niche, grassroots capabilities, and be able to work with a broad pool of relevant influencers to support any campaign. Giordano Bruno Contestabile, CEO – Bloglovin’
Located in Seattle, Wahington, USA; Amazon Influencers is a unique program that allows creators to build a storefront of their favourite products on Amazon. Share your store with your audience and make a percentage of every sale that occurs from your trusted network across all of your social channels. We work closely with Amazon to ensure great influencers like you get expedited access to the program.
How is this different from Amazon Associates? The Amazon Influencer Program is an extension to the existing online Associate’s program for social media influencers. With the Influencer Program, you get your own page on Amazon with a URL to showcase the products you recommend to your followers. This gives you an additional way to direct traffic to Amazon, which is especially useful where hyperlinking isn’t possible (e.g. Instagram captions or video content).
ASPIRE IQ 🇺🇸
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA; AspireIQ (Formerly called revfluence) is a marketing platform that empowers brands and creators to connect and collaborate with each other. AspireIQ software platform helps over 200 leading companies build brand ambassador networks that drive millions of new customers. AR: 12.4k. Key features:
- Customised Influencer Communities. Machine learning on over 500,000 influencers based on demographics, content quality and audience to customise the right influencers for your campaign.
- Sophisticated Discovery Engine. Browse influencers by industry, content, location and audience analysis and search our database of 500,000 influencers based on any keyword to match any niche.
- Invite with a Single Click. Say goodbye to writing tons of cold emails! Now you can send hundreds of invites out in minutes.
- Organise & Track with Our Customised CRM. Ditch your excel spreadsheet & email lists! Build an ambassador network of 10 or 1000 powerful influencers by leveraging our CRM built specifically for influencer collaboration. AspireIQ can automate: responding & negotiating proposal, setting guidelines & reminders, product shipment tracking, content review, tracking posts.
- A Beautiful Dashboard to Measure Your ROI. Visualise campaign results and post-by-post level metrics to share with your clients.
Based in New York City, United States; Booking Agent Info helps you get Accurate Celebrity Contact Info: Up-to-Date Email and Phone Numbers for the official agents, managers and publicists of celebrities worldwide. AR: 45.4k
Located in Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom, brandwatch is an influencer marketing platform and database that collects insights surrounding customer word-of-mouth. Brandwatch software identifies the next market opportunities by observing millions of conversations every day as they happen globally. Through gaining customer insights, Brandwatch helps marketers drive product innovation by gathering hidden opinions and identifying product threats as they arise. Brandwatch also allows you to identify social media influencers by topic. The organisation currently offers three products that aid the consumer analyst process: Brandwatch Analytics, The Vizia Platform and Brandwatch Audiences. To run a trial and see the power of this software, try the demo. Clients: Walmart, ASOS, Unilever, eBay, IKEA Microsoft, Pepsico. AR: 7.1k
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA; Collective (formerly called Shopsense) helps you connect with influencers and brands, especially in the fashion marketing and lifestyle industries. Collective offers ’emoticodes’, helping influencers monetise their Snapchat stories. Clients: Sephora, H&M, FOREVER21, TOPSHOP, NORDSTROM, Asos. AR: 38.5k
Launched in June 2018, Facebook Brand Collabs Manager is Facebook’s influencer marketplace that helps brands and creators find, learn more about and connect with each other. As a marketer, the tool lets you:
You can set an audience match to see the percentage of each creator’s audience that matches yours.
You can choose any creator or group of creators and find others with similar audiences.
You can explore customised lists of creators based on your past branded content partners, creators who like your Facebook business page and more.
You can email creators and start a conversation about collaborating.
As a content creator you can:
- Create branded content posts, tag partners and share with them for review in a single step. Advertisers can then boost posts to extend their reach and target your audience in ads without any extra back and forth.
If you’re a brand, sponsor, advertiser or marketer interested in gaining access, Facebook Page admins can apply here.
Located in Tortola, British Virgin Island, USA; FanCentro is a private pay-to-view profile feed tool that allows models and influencers to monetize their fan base through premium, private social media accounts and private FanCentro content feed and messaging platforms. FanCentro connects you, the models and influencers of the social media world, with admiring and passionate fans. FanCentro’s easy-to-use account management dashboard allows you to manage your members easily and efficiently. Sign up to FanCentro today and start monetising your popularity with your Snapchat, Instagram, and FanCentro Feed. AR: 48k.
How it works. With FanCentro you’ll be monetizing your fan base in no time. All you need to do is create an account, spend a few minutes setting up your FanCentro profile, and send your FanCentro profile link to your fan base. When your profile attracts your fans, they can sign up to be a member of a premium social media accounts or your private FanCentro feed. After you add your fans to your private accounts, they will have one-on-one access to you and your most intimate moments, as long as they remain a paying customer. FanCentro provides you with all of the tools necessary to successfully monetize your fan base on Snapchat, Instagram, and FanCentro Feed.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, USA; Find your Influence is one of the leading Influencer Marketing Software Platforms helping marketers connect with high-value influencers. FYI has completed more than 10,000 campaigns for over 500 brands, ultimately driving 3 billion impressions across blogs, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Vine and Pinterest. You can assign your entire campaign budget, pick the influencers at the price point you want to pay, and manage your campaign from start to finish all through a centralised dashboard. AR:28k
Located in New York City, USA; Fohr is a self-serve platform that allows you to run influencer marketing campaigns. It lets you find influencers (over 50,000 of them), get verified analytics, and find out if they have fake followers. It gives you their emails, phone numbers. It can tell you detailed demographic information about their followers, like where they are from, and how much money they make. It lets you pull reports, do competitor research, and find stats on a hashtag, brand name, or interest. It lets you make lists of influencers and export those to a .csv or PDF. Fohr calculates the EMV (earned media value) of the coverage your brand receives from influencers. AR:61k
Based in Sacramento, California, United States; Grin gives marketers a better way to reach out, build relationships, and ultimately create more love for their brands through influencers. Grin does just that by helping marketers and business owners automate, scale and track their influencer campaigns on one beautiful, easy-to-use dashboard. AR:10k
GROUP HIGH 🇺🇸
Located in Boulder, Colorado, USA; GroupHigh helps you find bloggers and social media influencers, research and review websites, measure content and the results of influencer marketing and blogger outreach. Search over 15 million blogger profiles and identify influencers. The heart of GroupHigh is their blogger index, complete with easy to digest content overviews, contact information and reach metrics. Marketers can pull lists of content creators by niche topic expertise and funnelling them down by social presence, total reach and location. AR:88k
Located in Boulder, Colorado in The United States of America, influence.co gives you a complete platform to run your influencer marketing campaign from start to finish. With the largest database of authorized influencer profiles, tools to help you reach out or accept applications and the ability to run reports on your influencers’ content performance, influence.co has your back at every step. Best of all, you can use the platform for free. Get started with a business page today. AR:10k. Key features:
- Discover. Discover influencers across all major social media platforms that fit your campaign. Search by location, category, age, gender, follower count, and previous collaborations.
- Analyse and Organise. Understand an influencer’s complete social reach across all networks, engagement rates and examples of previous collaborations. Download their media kits and see the cost to work with them. Save your favourite influencers to lists where you can compare their most vital statistics.
- Contact. Contact influencers one by one or in bulk using lists you have built. Track which influencers you’ve reached out to.
All influencer marketing companies state how many influencers they have. What these numbers actual mean varies highly. Ask platforms if their influencers build their own profiles or if the data is “scraped”. You will see a big difference in data quality, freshness and influencer responsiveness if the company has a real relationship with the influencer. Niel Robertson, CEO, influence.co
Based in Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, Denmark; Influencer Marketing Hub gets you up to speed on the most effective way to market yourself online. Learn how influencers can help you reach bigger audiences using tools to manage campaigns. They cover all the basics, and then dug down even deeper, to provide you with everything you need to launch successful Influencer campaigns and attract new customers. AR:9k.
Headquartered in New York, USA, Influenster is one of the world’s most popular sources for product reviews. Discover new products, read trending news, watch tutorials, and shop and share your favourite products. Brands can stream Influenster reviews to their websites. Brands can also activate on the Influenster platform to run hyper-targeted marketing programs and connect with enthusiastic, trendsetting consumers who will become vocal brand champions. Brand managers can also access their brand’s reviews for free at any time through our Review Management Suite. They are a New York City-based micro-influencer network startup founded by Aydin Acar and Elizabeth Scherle. AR: 12k. Key Features:
- Access: you can read organic reviews about your brand and respond on the Review Management Suite.
- Drive: design a program that will put your product or message in the hands of engaged, passionate influencers who will help tell your story. Three ways brands activate influensters to create content:
- Sampling: send a hyper-targeted list of members of your products in the mail (or an incentive to go in-store and shop them) and are encouraged to create content about your brand.
- Digital: reach thousands–or millions!–of members with your digital message or offer; incentivize them to go in-store and create content with our highly gamified app and prizing
- In-store: drive members in-store with geo-tagging, or utilize the Influenster scanner feature which brings reviews in store
- Stream: Reviews can be syndicated in real-time via Bazaarvoice or PowerReviews for use on your site and retailer sites like Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, and Macy’s.
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Influitive is driving the shift from company-centric marketing to advocate marketing with our advocacy platform and a team of advocate marketing experts. Influitive’s AdvocateHub helps you develop long-term relationships with advocates and influencers eager to give you testimonials, product feedback, referrals. By offering a personalized experience to each advocate, AdvocateHub makes discovering your biggest advocates easy and motivates them to speak on your behalf. AR: 74k
Located in Scottsdale, Arizona, USA; Intellifluence offers 85,000+ creators waiting to partner with you. Design public offers that qualified candidates can apply to while you simultaneously find and pitch additional creators using Intellifluence discover tool. AR: 14k
Headquartered in Winter Park, Florida, USA, Publicly traded in Nasdaq, Izea is an Influencer Marketing software for both marketers and agencies that automates multi-type influencer and content marketing programs. The platform efficiently scales the activation of influencers by managing the workflow from discovery to payment. When you use their influencer marketing services their team will also help strategize, execute and optimize your campaign. AR: 17k.
As influencer marketing has become a more meaningful component of the marketing mix, brands and agencies are looking to build private influencer networks with exclusive access and offers. Private networks enable marketers to create a segmented network with special permissions, while simultaneously gaining access to the entire network of social media connections. Curation tools, list management and administrative features are also important for marketers to distribute different opportunities to those inside and outside their network, all within the same platform. You want to remove frustrating bottlenecks in the workflow between all parties, making transactions more efficient and saving everyone time and money – Ted Murphy, Founder and CEO of IZEA
Based in Haifa, Hefa, Israel; Klear offers 500+ million influencer profiles, 60k categories and 5 years worth of historical data, meet the most sophisticated influencer search engine: Klear. Easily find influencers in any category and location in the world across Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and Blogs. Klear allows businesses to create and monitor effective social media campaigns with the help of top influencers in their sectors. Brands can meet and take the help of a professional influencer for the promotion of a particular campaign or product. Klear also provides a complete analysis of influence marketing to allow brands to measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. AR: 25k.
Located in San Francisco, California, USA; Linqia is one of the leaders in influencer marketing programs. Linqia’s Influencer tool is one of the easiest ways to inspire action with your key audiences through authentic, influencer-generated content. Linqia’s performance pricing model means marketers only pay for consumers who have developed an emotional connection with their brands and have taken action as a result. Linqia identifies the best performing content and enables marketers to amplify it through social and native advertising, reaching “look-alike” consumers with content that has been proven to deliver results. Founded in 2012, Linqia works with over 200 leading national brands including Black & Decker, Epson, Gerber, Herdez, JP Morgan Chase, Kimberly-Clark, Mezzeta, NBC, Nestle, Purina, Samsung, Unilever, Viacom and Walmart. Check out Linqia’s latest State of Influencer Marketing Report. AR: 75k.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA, NeoReach is a self-service influencer marketing platform where agencies and influencers can manage their own relationships with brands while paying no commission. Currently, NeoReach has a basis of 3M+ influencers to connect with brands and market campaigns. Additionally, NeoReach’s software also offers Influencer Analytics, Exportable Reports, API Integrations and a Client Portal to make it easier for both brands and influencers to maximise reach through building brand loyalty. Featured on: The Wall Street Journal, Adweek, Business Insider, Reuters. AR: 75k. Key features:
- Search & Analyse. Find exactly who you need, when you need them. Utilise Neorich network of influencers or import your own. Target influencers and their audience by specific keywords, demographics, interests, location, and that are just the starts.
- Workflow Automation. Manage your influencer relationships, contact information, notes, contacts, and historical influencer campaign data. Use our battle-tested workflow to coordinate each step of your campaign fulfilment process.
- Measurement. Automatically verify influencer reach, brand alignment, and targeted message delivery, all while measuring real-time influencer post-performance. Then export reports when you’re ready to share your results.
- Real support. In-house influencer experts and certified partners can provide professional services right alongside our software. Neorich operates across platforms and industry verticals and leverages a partner network to set you up with a team that will select optimal influencers and streamline campaign management.
Based in Ashland, Massachusetts, United States; Ninja Outreach is a blogger outreach software CRM perfect for influencer marketing. Allows you to empower your PR team to find and outreach to bloggers. AR: 30k.
Located in Paris, Ile-de-France, France; Octoly helps you get authentic reviews at scale. Reach a unique community of 10,000+ influencers with over 1 billion collective subscribers. AR: 100k. Key features:
- GIFTING MADE EASY. In today’s social world, it’s imperative to leverage unbiased reviews to drive sales. Octoly allows you to do this by gifting products at scale—so that trust and authenticity between your brand and the influencer community remain at the forefront.
#PAID 🇨🇦 🇺🇸
#paid is a New York and Toronto, Canada-based influencer marketing platform helping small and large Fortune 500 brands like Phillips Hue, EverlyWell, Unilever, and Sephora. With #paid, marketers scale their marketing efforts and reach new audiences with influencer-generated content that is more relatable to their customers. With artificial intelligence, machine learning, you can finally create influencer-generated content at scale. AR: 41k. Top key features:
- Smart software. Intelligent matching & pricing algorithms, automation, and comprehensive analytics. Bring science and data into your collaboration process to stretch your budget and maximise ROI.
- Automated workflow. Leverage our automation and artificial intelligence to scale your influencer marketing programs. Manage rosters, approve content, and measure results efficiently.
- Machine learning. Our algorithms get better with every Influencer collaboration you run; developing insights and smart recommendations along the way. So every collaboration gets better than the one before.
- Optimisation. Extensive data points fuel our platform’s ability to forecast the performance of your campaign, optimize mid-campaign, and analyze your programs once they’re done with insightful takeaways.
- Audience targeting. Maximise the impact of your content by promoting top posts and extend its reach by having our team manage a dedicated portion of your campaign budget to ensure the right eyes notice your content.
Based in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania, United States; pitchbox is a link building, influencer outreach and content promotion platform for agencies, publishers, and brands. With Pitchbox you can find bloggers, publishers, and influencers in record time. With multiple prospecting profiles and intuitive keyword search, Pitchbox allows you to find influencers in your niche in a matter of seconds. Integration with top SEO providers, such as Moz, Majestic, Ahrefs, and LRT ensure that you only pull back the most authoritative publishers. AR: 54k.
Located in San Francisco, California, USA, Pixlee helps you find, partner, and measure social influencer marketing relationships to increase brand awareness and increase sales. Use the high-quality influencer content and its assets to improve your Commerce conversion rates. AR: 35k. Key Features:
- Influencer Discovery. Discover and grow the power of your brand Influencers across social media. Pixlee’s Social CRM gives brands an easy to use set of tools for discovering influencers and brand advocates. You can find your most engaged customer advocating on behalf of your brand across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Look across social media for the people engaging with your brand that have the highest reach and influence.
- Influencer WatchList. You will be able to identify people that are relevant to your brand and audience but have not engaged with your brand directly yet. This tool will help you create new influencers’ watchlists and convert potential influencers into brand advocates.
- Influencer Management and Measure Hub. Pixlee offers a centralised platform for Influencer Marketing. You can get rid of manual spreadsheets and messy inboxes for managing influencers. Pixlee influencers hub will help you organize, track, and manage a network of social influencers and brand ambassadors. You will be able to monitor and track the business ROI impact and success of your Influencer program.
- One to One Messaging tool. Pixlee platform offers a way to reach out and connect with key customers through Pixlee’s Message Center so you can maintain a regular cadence with top customers and help create more 1:1 relationships with your most important customers.
- Influencers Content Collection and Curation. Pixlee’s Social CRM also collects the content and high performing content Influencers create about your brand.
- Influencer Campaigns and Galleries. Pixlee influencer platform allows you to use high performing influencer content across Social, eCommerce sites, and email, to inspire shoppers to engage and purchase. Pixlee will help you make influencer content shoppable and publish across your top marketing channels (websites, e-newsletters, etc). The idea is to extend the life of your investment into Influencer Marketing by using their content in more channels.
- Infinite Fresh authentic content. The content your influencer create will outperform other stock and professional creative. It is an authentic and scalable way to get more fresh content for all marketing channels.
- Measure Influencers Marketing Campaigns. Connect influencer marketing campaigns to actual sales and track the performance of different influencers and their content.
POPULAR PAYS 🇺🇸
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, USA; PopularPays is a platform that connects brands with stories to tell and the content creators who’ll help them tell it. AR: 77k. Key features:
- Reliability. PopularPays go beyond a creator’s feed to show marketers their history with Popular Pays. (Popular Pays have the largest databank of Gig ratings out there). Every creator application comes with their bio, a portfolio of their work, and a rating to show their professional history, and how well they deliver on-brief photos & captions.
- Demographic Data. For large-scale campaigns, we can provide wrap reports with info on the audience that your campaign reached: age, gender, income, marital status, location, language, occupation, interests, brand affinities, #tags used; we’ve got the deets you want.
- Direct Access to Creators. Pop Pays puts communication in your hand as you are the best to tell your brand’s story. You can offer direct creative feedback for your campaign as it progresses, and message creators directly with our in-app chat. No more email threads, spreadsheets, and lost links.
- Large Creator Network. Whether you want creators with global reach or an expert voice with a niche following, Pop Pays has creators to fit any goal. With over 4.34 billion combined followers across all social networks, our network of over 8,000 creators is ready to apply for your campaign.
Popular Pays is a marketplace where brands and creators meet to create content worth sharing. They’ve built an iOS & web app (for creators), and a web dashboard for brands that enables direct communication & delivers powerful statistics. Awards: “Best Influencer Marketing Platform,” by Digiday Signal Awards 2016.
REWARD STYLE 🇺🇸 ⚡️ POPULAR ⚡️
Based in Dallas, Texas, USA; rewardStyle influencers have exclusive access to an innovative ecosystem of monetisation tools, a global network of 4,500+ retail partners, and tailored growth services; all designed to power the monetisation of your content. rewardStyle mobile app and desktop tools enable influencers to create, distribute, and track content across channels, delivering a streamlined monetisation solution. With rewardStyle’s LIKEtoKNOW.it technology, influencers generate mobile-first content that’s immediately shoppable, even within closed platforms like Instagram and Snapchat, providing the highest earning opportunity. AR: 7k.
Located in Portland, Oregon, USA; Shoutcart is a marketplace for buying shoutouts. Though some of the prices can be cheap, it’s also a fairly open platform, so be sure to carefully assess any influencers you want to work with. Prices start as low as $15 with basic stats for each creator and a score to help you gauge the legitimacy of their audience. Shoutouts can be purchased for posts where you supply the creative, with the option to pay more to also get a link in the influencer’s bio for a limited time. You can also place orders for Instagram stories with a link. With Instagram stories, you are able to place a Call to Action in your story, and get audiences to click (swipe up) and visit your landing page directly from your story! AR: 26k.
Shoutcart also offers Influencer packages which are lists of influencers available to promote your campaigns with one simple order. There is a wealth of data available about these Shoutcart packages, that is otherwise not available across Shoutcart, such as engagement rates, likes per photo, etc.
TikTok influencers can be found on ShoutCart since January 2020. TikTok represents a strong ROI opportunity because influencer marketing is in the early stages of this platform. TikTok influencer campaigns are a great opportunity for marketers as the platform is not saturated with advertisers yet. TikTok will be a strong advertising channel from 2021 onwards.
Headquartered in Singapore, StarNgage is an influencer marketing service provider that solely focuses all marketing efforts towards Instagram. With over 18,000 and still growing influencers from 132 countries, StarNgage allows brands to partner with key influencers to customise, manage and launch powerful marketing campaigns on Instagram. StarNgage matches the right influencers to the right brand through matching commonalities in brand values like interests, attitudes and industry. StarNgage works with different influencers, some with less than a few thousand followers, other with hundred of thousands. AR: 22k.
Based in Mountain View, California, USA; tapinfluence is an organisation that has sprouted from the realisation that smartphone technology has empowered influencers to achieve feats that were never before thought imaginable. In recognising the production of an influencer economy, tapinfluence created its influencer marketing network to change the way consumers buy things forever. tapinfluence understands the importance of maximising marketing ROI. Tapinfluence determines the pricing based on categorising their three targeted customers: influencers, enterprises and agencies. Clients: Betty Crocker, Volvo, Target, SEIKO, Macy’s. M7M’s, LEGO, Hallmark, Coca Cola and Canon. AR: 102k.
Located in Sydney, Australia; The Right Fit matches the right talent with the right job. Find the perfect influencer or celebrity at The Right Fit. You can list the kind of influencer you need, when and where you need them, and select if you’d like to set your own budget or receive quotes. They have a wide range of influencers, models, actors, photographers. You can also invite your favourites to apply with a personal invite message. You’ll receive a daily alert of all new applicants for your job. View their photos, videos, social media profiles, reviews and experiences. You can then shortlist your favourites, chat with candidates and book your selected talent at the rate you have agreed with them. All your contracts and public liability insurance are all automatically covered seamlessly on each booking, at no additional cost. AR: 69k.
THE SHELF 🇺🇸
Headquartered in New York, USA; The Shelf helps you find new influencers for your campaign and make the first connection. But the most exciting thing? It has a database of more than 155,000 influencers in the “lifestyle” niche alone. Once you’ve decided how you want your campaign to look, The Shelf makes it incredibly simple to get influencers on board. You can also see which influencers have had repeat customers working with them, which is a nice way to figure out their success rate. AR: 109k.
Seek out a data-driven Influencer platform that will strategically allow you to find the right mix of influencers that match your brand, embody the shopping habits of your customers, and therefore match the audiences of the influencers you choose to work with. Also a platform that will streamline the messy process of campaign management from start to finish. Sabrina Fenster, Marketing Manager – The Shelf
Based in San Francisco, California, USA; traackr helps you identify influences and brand matches according to statistical analysis and personality similarities. Clients: L’Oréal, Cartier, Forbes, SAP, Intel, Michelin, Melia hotels. AR: 69k.
Located in Melbourne, Australia, TRIBE is an Influencer marketplace where brands can send campaign briefs and content ideas to influencers to respond to. For brands, TRIBE charges a 20% commission on any post they purchase; free for influencers. AR: 51k.
Headquartered in New York, USA; Upfluence helps brands tell their story with powerful influencer & content marketing technology. Upfluence Software is an all-in-one SaaS that allows brands to identify and contact their influencers at scale. Additional features such as campaign management, reporting tools and a payment processing platform simplify influencer interactions so brands can focus on their marketing goals. Upfluence Software is currently used by 100+ clients worldwide. Since 2013, Upfluence has successfully positioned itself in key industries (Luxury, High-Tech, PCG…) and plays a central role in ensuring the success of its customers including Microsoft, EDF, Paypal or Victorinox. AR: 29k.
When choosing an Influencer platform, scalability should always be a deal-breaker. If you can’t leverage campaigns more efficiently, what’s the point? Dozens of targeted micro-influencers produce the highest engagement but this level of influencer discovery and mobilisation requires advanced scaling technology – Nicholas Miachon, CMO Upfluence.
VIRAL NATION 🇨🇦
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Viral Nation is a global influencer marketing and talent agency. Their influencer talent agency represents top social media influencers on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook Twitter Snapchat & Musical.ly. They leverage our “600 million” reach (and growing) to pair social media creators with top brands. Viral Nation also offers Influencer Talent representation services that include full-service management and representation for the world’s top social media influencers via their extensive experience, strategic partnership, and alliances. AR: 120k.
WHAT TYPE OF MARKETING CAMPAIGNS YOU CAN USE AN INFLUENCER FOR
Influencers are great information providers when you want to get a message out to the masses quickly.
- Introducing a new brand
- Shifting brand sentiment after a challenging issue
- Offering a third-party voice who can offer a comparison with your top closed competitors
- Retargeting an old product that you want to give it a boost.
- Distributing information about a sale – promoting a sale end period: discount codes, deals, offers.
- Rewarding brand ambassadors with unique experiences with a top influencer
TIPS FOR MEASURING INFLUENCE
A good way to find out whether an influencer actually has influence over their audience and their purchasing decisions is to look at:
- Their average engagement and
- Engagement to a topic.
This will help clarify whether their fans are actively engaged in their content, which is the first step in understanding whether they actually have influence.
An example: To calculate an average engagement rate on Instagram to determine what percentage of an influencer’s followers are actively engaged with their content, you can use the following formula:
- Engagement rate percentage = (Sum of total likes and comments for the 20 most recent Instagram posts) divided by (20) divided by (total number of followers) time by (100).
The industry average is 2-5%, so if their engagement rate is in that bracket, or ideally above it, then you are on your way to understanding whether the influencer actually has influence over their audience.
THE FOUR KEY ELEMENTS FOR BREAKING THE INFLUENCER MARKETING CODE
Give them creative control. It does not mean letting them go wild with your product. Instead, you can have creative workshops with them ensuring both your brand position and their creative ideas matches nicely.
See the whole picture of opportunities. not only to get them to publish single sponsored posts or make them one of your affiliates. They can also be a long-term ambassador or even getting them involved as content producers with your internal marketing team.
Treat them as Professional Content Creators. They create content as their primary source of income and being an influencer is their primary job. Therefore, many influencers (particularly the top tier ones) will charge a fee for their time and effort if you want a dedicated post exclusively about your brand. Be understanding if/when they decline your collaboration opportunity if there is no exchange of payment or other forms of compensation.
Be personal AND offer them the best experience with your brand. When contacting them, adding a personal touch helps you stand out, appear more approachable and genuine, and they can see that you’ve made the effort to really consider the opportunity and whether they would be a good fit. It is about relationship building. Always be polite, understanding and helpful when finding mutual benefits. Be courteous when following up and offer them as much support and resources as possible. Offer the best experience to the influencer. If you are sending product samples and they arrive late, or with defects (stains, others) on them or in the wrong size, the influencer will have a bad first impression. Ensure the influencer receives all the product samples and support at the right time, the right way and top quality.
NOT TO DO’s
- Control their creativity. Being too restricting and enforce control over influencers’ content, can have a negative effect on your relationship and on the campaign as a whole. Influencers are popular among their followers because of their personal content style, aesthetic and tone of voice, so they are familiar with what works best to communicate a message with their audience. If the content they produce about your brand is dictated rather than their creativity, their audience will notice, engagement will drop and their credibility and authenticity suffers, which ultimately has an impact on your brand as content appears as blatant advertorial rather than editorial. Influencers are popular because they are great at creating content that interests and excites their particular audience.
- Never be demanding or take advantage of them.
- Don’t Be Pushy Being rude or pushy to an influencer will not make them want to support your brand, no matter how much $ you are paying them.
- Be conscious of their time. Realise that for them to review a product, photograph a product and post about a product can take some time, so continually harassing them could negatively impact their review of your brand. Influencers often have a lot of collaborations on the go at any one time, so keep this in mind when you approach them.
- Contacting them via generic emails without prior research. Review the influencer and her/his platforms before you reach out to them: what they post about, their real name and ensure your brand, product or service is a good fit.
- Presenting Vague and Confusing Briefs. Be clear with what you want and expect from the influencer and make sure they understand exactly what you are offering. Whether it is gifting for social media exposure or payment for a blog post, make sure you are clear with your intentions and expectations.
Hope these best practices of working with influencers, help you work with them in a much more streamlined way and help you make a successful Influencer campaign.
THE BIGGEST CHALLENGES MANAGING INFLUENCER MARKETING CAMPAIGNS
THE 3 “EARLY WARNING” SIGNS FOR CHANGING YOUR INFLUENCER MARKETING STRATEGY
- Not sure about the Return on Investment. Proper measurement (metrics) will need to be in place so you can actively monitor your influencer program ROI.
- Social Media backlash. Your influencer personality, voice and tone do not reflect the values of your brand. You will need to re-shape your influencer program immediately.
- The best fit influencers are hard to reach and co-operate. You will need to make the tough decision of not extending contracts and allowing emerging influencers to work with you who will be willing to put the time and effort required to successfully collaborate with your brand.
TOOLS TO SEARCH AND FIND INFLUENCERS
- BuzzStream Influencers tool – you type a keyword and BuzzStream will give you top influencers. Most of them seem to be from Twitter though.
- Followerwonk Search Twitter bios to find who has a great following base – they might be also influencers on other platforms i.e. Facebook, Youtube and Instagram.
Influencer campaigns can give your brand a quick boost, as long as you do it right. It’s unlikely that one endorsement from one influencer will transform your brand into a household name overnight. An influencer campaign shouldn’t be your entire marketing strategy, you’ll also need to think long-term, which means content marketing, email campaigns and SEO. But when it comes to creating a buzz around your brand that you can use to gain new fans and new customers, influencer campaigns can offer a huge and quick return on your investment.
Learn “How to make an Employee Influencer Marketing Program” and get influencing success internally from your own employees.
Last note: Is your marketing not bringing the sales you want? Would you like to stop wasting your money on ads not performing? Find how you can increase your sales with our eCom boost program!
BEST INFLUENCER MARKETING COMPANIES LIST
was brought to you by…
Mau is has been meowing digital marketing for 16+ years. A certified Facebook, Google Ads, SEO specialist and keynote speaker; Mau also offers marketing strategy support & digital marketing training. Mau‘s Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates are used by hundreds of marketers. Subscribe to Mau’s newsletter or connect on Linkedin Instagram or Facebook