HOW TO MAKE MONEY ON YOUTUBE IN 2024
Find below our top tips and best practices on how to make money on YouTube in 2024.
Written by Mau, a Senior Youtube Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
Marketers are using > The most optimal YouTube channel header image size
HOW TO MAKE MONEY WITH A YOUTUBE CHANNEL IN 2024
If you are a Youtube video user like me and always wondered how these Gen Y kids are changing the rules of marketing including new video optimisation and amplification techniques (See the above “10 million views” Youtube example) and how they are making tons of money by publishing great videos on their Youtube channels.
Wendy Huang (aka Wendy) one of the most followed Australians on Youtube shared her secret tips on how she has earned money with her YouTube channel which has more than 100k loyal subscribers on her Youtube channel.
Popular today > This year’s top 10 social media marketing trends
EARN MONEY WITH YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL IN 2024
- Understand and execute Youtube Video Marketing Growth Cycle: Concept and Content > Consistency > Community > Contest > Collaboration.
- In the Concept stage for your YouTube channel, you need to own a niche and stick to it. In Wendy’s case, she sticks to her “makeup” stories. She suggested thinking about a specific topic. Think about the way you choose a TV program. Develop an authentic “persona” that your tribe would follow.
- Build a consistent schedule for YouTube videos. Same day and at the same time. Wendy’s suggested that you follow your top industry bloggers and see what days and times they publish, you will learn some interesting insights from that exercise.
- Frequency is also important, Wendy suggested having a video at least once a week. The most optimal YouTube video length that has worked for Wendy has been 5 minutes or shorter.
Most viewed today > The top Australian females on Youtube
- YouTube is the second-largest search engine in Australia. Great opportunities for companies to engage audiences. Youtube Stats: 1 billion users. 6 billion hours of video is being watched per month. 40% of traffic is mobile.
- Instagram will help you amplify your video blog if your product is visual. Instagram Stats: 150 million users. 70% of users log in daily. Over 16 billion photos were shared. Mayfair is the most popular filter.
- Not all social media channels are suitable for your marketing. With limited time and resources, you will need to choose wisely what social media channels to use.
- Wendy also mentioned it is important to read about the YouTube algorithm. YouTube wants to know there is consistency and that you are looking after your viewers in the long term.
- YouTube can even promote your channel if they find it consistent and relevant. YouTube might promote your videos alongside others at the end of other videos.
- The YouTube watch time indicator is really important. This indicator is not public and allows YouTube to know what channels tend to stick people more on YouTube videos than other channels. Be careful when publishing text links to external sites as linking out of your videos might be reduced and will not benefit your channel.
- Stick to what works: experiment with different content and continue with what works.
- Basic video tools: Windows Moviemaker (simple to use), any digital camera with video function. AfterEffects (Adobe).
- Templates: Create a great intro and a great ending. Theme songs and colour palettes are important.
- Use tags when publishing videos as they will give you extra traffic. When creating tags ensure you are using industry-related keywords that match your video content. Popular tags for Wendy’s content are: “Get ready with me” (1.9 million videos using this tag); “Boyfriend tag” (288k videos using this tag), “Room tour” (1.6 million videos using this tag), “Draw my life” (1.5 million videos using this tag), “50 Facts about me” (254k videos using this tag).
- When creating descriptions on Instagram invite people to tag others who would love to see your photos. Inspiration quotes work well as people love to tag others into them.
- Check out the most followed Australians on YouTube to get some video content ideas.
You will be surprised > The most followed Australians on Youtube
Not sure what to sell? The top fastest-growing industries list
Is your social media working? > Write the best social media strategy plan with this premium template
You will also like > The best video editing software, apps and tools
Marketers are reading > The top 10 graphic design trends right now
- Read my takeaways and learnings from Nick, the creator of the “Beach Az Bro” viral video. One of Australia’s most popular viral videos. Nick’s presentation was held in Sydney Australia.
Trending > How to make a video go viral
eDigital can help you conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise successful marketing campaigns that generate leads and sales for your brand.
The services we offer include:
- Strategic planning for social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Online advertising management and optimisation (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing).
- Marketing training: social media training and digital marketing training.
- SEO strategy and execution. Including content development (articles, stories, eye-catching and SEO-optimised visuals).
- Celebrity and influencer marketing campaign strategy.
- Brand development. Logo creation, brand personality development and design of marketing materials.
- Consumer contests/competitions/giveaways.
- Email marketing. Dip sequence design and deployment.
- Conversion rate optimisation. Also called “path to purchase” optimisation.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Hundreds of marketers have supported us with their generous donations. Donate today! or join 5k+ marketers receiving our e-newsletter.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing, help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you own, stir your team’s thinking, bring new ideas for new conversion paths and boost customer lifetime value.