THE NEW OPTIMAL YOUTUBE CHANNEL HEADER PHOTO SIZE 2021
Find the best & most optimal header/cover image size for a Youtube channel home page. Get the exact image pixels to optimise for all devices. Written by Mau, Senior Youtube marketing specialist and training facilitator at eDigital.
THE NEW OPTIMAL YOUTUBE CHANNEL HEADER/COVER PHOTO SIZE 2021
If you have taken some of the best Youtube Marketing Courses you will know what image size you use for your Youtube channel header/cover.
Your image must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum image dimension: 2048 x 1152 px
- An aspect ratio of 16:9.
- At the minimum dimension, the safe area for text and logos: 1235 x 338 px. Larger images may get cropped.
- File size: 6 MB or smaller.
Some of Australia’s Most Popular Youtube Channels follow the above specs for their Youtube Channel header/cover image.
How to resize images
You can use your computer’s image editor or an online image resizer to resize the images. For example, you can use Preview on an Apple computer or Microsoft Photos on Windows
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR NEW OPTIMAL YOUTUBE COVER PHOTO SIZE
- On a computer, sign in to your YouTube account.
- In the top-right menu, select My Channel.
- New channel art: Near the top of the screen, click Add channel art.
- Existing channel art: Hover your cursor over the existing banner until you see the edit icon . Click the icon and select Edit channel art.
- Upload an image or photo from your computer or saved photos. You can also click the Gallery tab to choose an image from the YouTube photo library.
- You’ll see a preview of how the art will appear across different devices. To make changes, select Adjust the crop.
- Click Select.
Popular Youtube articles:
- Best Youtube Marketing Guides
- Best Youtube Marketing Tools
- How to download Youtube videos
- How to make Youtube influencer collaborations
Final tip: Are your marketing campaigns not bringing the sales you want? Would you like to stop wasting your money on ads not performing? Find how you can boost your sales today!
This article was brought to you by…
Mau is a Senior Digital Marketing Specialist with 15+ years helping clients solve their digital marketing challenges. Mau is a certified Facebook & Adwords Professional, Certified SEO Consultant and industry speaker. Mau trains marketers via Strategy Workshops & Training Sessions inc his popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates. Subscribe to Mau’s e-newsletter connect on LinkedIn Instagram Facebook