HOW TO MAKE A VIDEO GO VIRAL – BEST TIPS & EXAMPLES
Find below the best tips on how to make a video go viral with millions of views. Most popular Youtube, Instagram and Tiktok viral video examples. Brought to you by MAU. Digital Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
HOW TO MAKE A VIDEO GO VIRAL – THE BEST TIPS & EXAMPLES
Find below some of Top Instagram, Tiktok and Youtube video creator tips to make your own video go viral.
WHAT MAKES PEOPLE SHARE A VIDEO?
You can produce a video and make it more shareable and more viral by using the below 9 human psychology motivators. There are more, but these give you a good starting point. If you want to do more research, track down writings on the subject by Freud, Maslow, McClelland, Murray, Costa & McCrae, and Erhard.
- Simple fun. videos that can easily make you laugh will always be welcome and shared by millions of viewers.
- Novelty. Openness to experience. People who are driven by seeking novelty will share videos that offer a new view of an unfamiliar activity or concept.
- Validation. When people share a video online, some do it to get an ” I am a good/smart citizen” boost or to show off they are worthy. When sharing a video they want to feel positive about themselves and their place in the world.
- Voyeurism. Voyeurism is a powerful motivation in why people share a video. Whether it is schadenfreude, vicarious pleasure or just access to something you cannot see or experience, people will love to create, share or consume these type of videos.
- Status. Some videos go viral just for the mere fact of people trying to associate themselves with other high-status people or brands.
- Identity Projection. We want to be able to show who we are and be vindicated in our identity.
- Being Helpful. People are compelled to share videos that they find useful because they want to be perceived as helpful and nurturing to their friends or family. It feels good to be looked at as someone who is competent and knows what she is doing.
- Safety. Fear is embedded in the most primal part of people’s psychology. If people sense danger, their brains have evolved to pay attention. When something terrible is happening, people want to record it and share it with the world so they can know about it and if appropriate, protect themselves.
- Order. Videos that show extreme personality types related to order are likely to go viral. Highly organised and efficient or those who are naturally messier.
CAT LAWYER FUNNY ZOOM VIDEO GOES VIRAL – 10 MILLION VIEWS – FEB 2021
CAT VS LOBSTER – 323 MILLION VIEWS
COMPETITIVE SLAPPING IN RUSSIA
The 14 million views video is age-restricted so I cannot be embedded here. You can watch the video on Youtube.
DANNY MACASKILL ROOFTOP BMX RIDING
With 105 Million views, this GoPro and Redbull sponsored video went viral in a fraction of hours.
HEARING HEARTBEAT – 220 MILLION VIEWS
NUSRET GOKCE CHEF (Also known as SALT BAE) OTTOMAN STEAK INSTAGRAM VIRAL VIDEO – 16 MILLION VIEWS
Nusret Goksce is probably one of the top 10 most followed chefs on Instagram with more than 33 million followers. He came to stardom when he published his famous 2017 “Ottoman Steak”36-second video on Instagram, reaching more than 16 million views. The Ottoman steak is a mustard-marinated bone-in ribeye retailing for USD$130.
The key for his viral video success:
- Make something uniquely simple. It was not about the steak. It was about his theatrical “salt sprinkle” performance over the steak piece.
- Twitter discovery. Twitter discovered the video and ran with it. The next day, Bruno Mars tweeted a picture of Salt Bae with the caption “Annndddd I’m out,” and a meme was born. Within 48 hours, the Instagram viral video post had 2.4 million views. To date, the viral video has amassed 16+ million views.
- Make the experience more accessible. Barely a year after the video went viral, Gokce went on a crazy frenzy and opened more than a dozen restaurants around the world.
- Get celebrities in. The names of those who have eaten at his restaurants include Drake, Leonardo DiCaprio and DJ Khaled to Odell Beckham Jr. and P Diddy.
- Get media interest. Salt Bae has been featured in dozens of articles and late-night television shows.
- Become part of the culture. In, Melbourne, Australia, there is even a mural of him — Gokce is pictured, frozen mid-salt, in his cobra-style pose.
In Jan 2021, The Turkish Ministry for Culture and Tourism announced restauranteur Salt Bae will be part of a new public relations campaign.
“BEACH AZ BRO” YOUTUBE VIRAL VIDEO – 8 MILLION VIEWS
Nicholas Boshier – Creator of Beached az bro! (Beached Whale), Trent from Punchy & Bondi Hipsters – Viral and popular Youtube videos.
NICK’S TIPS FOR VIRAL VIDEO…
- You never know what’s gonna hit but some key elements normally work: needs to be easy to watch, short version, colourful colours, able to watch on your iPhone.
- Needs to be sharable (make something that people want to share – advocacy). Give it away – Free.
- Youtube is hungry for cool and unique content and they are very supportive with new content creation ideas.
- Youtube can also help your content to be a partner with specific brands.
- Do not wait for perfection. Create and launch quick, if something bites then you build around it. Create simple stuff – do not complicate it.
- Visit, watch and use all the tips given on Youtube’s Creators Academy
- You need to have a constant desire to push stuff out.
- Be willing to suck up, to be bad and learn from mistakes. Next time you will do it better.
- The idea got created with $16 dollars and coffee. Very simple creation.
- Whether you are a creator or not, you have access to a massive audience via Youtube.
- Cafe Press allowed them to sell Promotional staff including a Beached az bro g-string!
- Supre approached them and they wanted to do a Beached az t-shirt and as soon as they started selling t-shirt via Supre the Beach az concept worked and sold thousands of t-shirts.
- Then, ABC (Australian tv channel) came in and wanted to expand the concept with some TV series (episodes).
THE MAGIC OF A KISS- JASON SILVA
GARY TURK YOUTUBE VIRAL VIDEO – LOOKUP – 62 MILLION VIEWS
Need digital marketing support or training? Contact us below ⬇
This article was brought to you by…
Mau is a Senior Digital Marketing Specialist with 15+ years helping clients solve their digital marketing challenges. Award-winning professional, Mau is a certified Facebook, SEO, Google Ads Consultant & industry speaker. Mau trains marketers via Strategy Workshops & Training Sessions inc his popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates. Subscribe to Mau’s e-newsletter connect on LinkedIn Instagram Facebook
eDigital – Australia’s “Digital Marketing” Destination