HOW TO BLOCK SOMEONE ON LINKEDIN IN 2024
Learn how to block someone on Linkedin in 2024. Fast and easy steps and instructions. Stop harassing, unwanted posts and comments from a LinkedIn member.
Brought to you by Mau, a Senior LinkedIn marketing specialist at eDigital.
You may also want to know how to block a company on Linkedin
HOW TO BLOCK SOMEONE ON LINKEDIN IN 2024
Some of the top weirdos are – right now – looking at your LinkedIn profile and I know how you feel.
- Ex-partners, ex-lovers, ex-gf who cheated on you.
- Randoms you “scarily” dated
- Your former boss – you never agreed with – who now wants to be your LinkedIn friend.
- Sales reps who don’t leave you alone
- Bad people pretending to behave nicely
You want your profile to essentially disappear from all those familiar “strangers”.
But before I show you how to block someone on Linkedin, let me tell you something you have probably been turning a blind eye to…
LinkedIn is not helping your business
- If you are lucky, your organic LinkedIn posts are reaching an average of 2% of your followers. That’s crazy! This is a massive issue affecting thousands of professionals on Linkedin.
- You have been trying hard to build an audience on Linkedin that you do not even own.
- You cannot transfer your hard-earned LinkedIn followers to your own CRM or another platform.
- Your customer acquisition costs from LinkedIn ads are through the roof.
I can offer you tailored marketing strategy training that will help you:
- Lower customer acquisition costs.
- Minimise dependency on paid media.
- Build a marketing engine with marketing assets and channels you fully own.
- Craft the best digital marketing plan and social media strategy that boosts sales and customer lifetime value.
? Hot read > The best Linkedin cover image ideas and examples
BLOCKING A LINKEDIN USER – STEPS
Yes, you can block someone on Linkedin by following the below steps:
- Visit her/his LinkedIn profile page
- Click on the “More…” button
- Click on the “Report/block” option
- Choose from the three options presented:
- Block the person. You will no longer be connected (if you were before), or have endorsements and recommendations from this person. You will also no longer see any suggestions to interact with each other on Linkedin.
- Report the LinkedIn profile. Choose one of the 11 reasons presented.
- Report a photo. You can only report his/her profile photo or profile background photo (also called Header photo)
- Viola! You have successfully blocked someone on Linkedin.
✪ Expert note: LinkedIn has not built a way to block all employees – from a specific company – from contacting you. The issue has been sent already to the LinkedIn product team and it may be released very soon.
⚡️ Trending > How to block a company on Linkedin
Blocking LinkedIn members can help stop unwanted or harassing messages, connection requests, or comments from individuals who are inappropriate, spammy or irrelevant to your LinkedIn professional network.
It’s important to use the LinkedIn blocking feature carefully and only when necessary.
The LinkedIn team encourages professional networking, so blocking should typically be reserved for instances where communication is unwanted, inappropriate, or potentially harmful to your experience on LinkedIn.
Need support or training to boost your leads and sales? Contact us today!
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing campaigns and help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you fully own. The training will stir up your team’s thinking and bring new ideas to activate new conversion paths and effectively boost customer lifetime value.
HOW TO BLOCK SOMEONE ON LINKEDIN
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants helping marketers like you lower customer acquisition costs and paid media dependency through custom training and strategy sessions. Mau‘s popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates are used by thousands of marketers.