THE BEST 10 FASHION MARKETING CAMPAIGN IDEAS FOR 2024
Find below the best 10 fashion marketing campaign ideas for 2024.
Boost your sales and grow your fashion business with these top best fashion marketing tips, campaign ideas and recommendations.
Brought to you by Mau, a Senior Fashion Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
THE BEST 10 FASHION MARKETING CAMPAIGN IDEAS FOR 2024
Fashion is all about inspiring creativity, celebrating self-expression, and bringing joy into everyday life and so is marketing.
That’s why people love to share their fashion styles on social media, making digital marketing a perfect fit for fashion brands.
Both user-generated and branded content on social media give fashion shoppers a playground of new ideas to try on. Social media – especially Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest – have become fashion display windows where the thrill of discovery never ends, and where new looks can go viral in a heartbeat. From high-fashion looks to low-effort loungewear, social media is where fashion trends are being born.
Fashionistas are flocking to social media to fuel their creativity, and this trendsetting crowd is finding inspiration with every scroll.
Read on to learn how to connect with fashion buyers through vibrant content that tells your brand’s story—and gives fashion lovers exactly what they’re searching for.
⚡️Popular read > The best influencer marketing brief template
THE BEST 10 FASHION MARKETING IDEAS FOR 2023
10. BUILD YOUR MARKETING ENGINE THROUGH UGC
User-generated content does not come easy and part of your job as a marketer is to incentivise UGC through creative marketing campaigns that bring a “money can’t buy” benefit to its intended target audience.
Below is an example of the fashion brand Burberry that launched the “Art of trench” campaign to incentivise its customers to share their look with their iconic coat.
The Burberry “Art of the Trench” campaign (2009), shows everyday people wearing Burberry trench coats. The campaign picked up thousands of images and more than 100 mentions across media sites.
- Just promoting a standard UGC hero campaign is not enough.
- UGC campaigns need a strong PR element. It should surprise and inspire your key audience. If possible, your UGC campaign should bring an experience never imagined (surprise element)
- The customer experience should be easy to document by fans and fed a well-thought-out content strategy.
9. Understand fashion influencers and buyers
Fashion influencers have distinctive attitudes and interests, and they’re right on the cutting edge of style. They stay up to date with the latest fashion trends and are always excited to try new products that fit and enhance their lifestyles.
Playful and expressive, their entertainment and social media habits reflect an inclination toward all things digital. Mobile is their go-to medium and digital is their primary channel for information. Compared to the average fashion buyer, fashion influencers are more likely to use social media to research products or find things to buy.
And no matter where on the planet these fashion-stylish shoppers call home, their purchase behaviour is driven by similar motivations:
- Speed and convenience: Fashion influencers don’t like to wait around when it comes to online shopping. They want it and they want it now. Easy-to-find buy buttons and live chat for support will give users the instant gratification that they crave.
- Exclusive content and services: Trendy fashion influencers love to feel like they’re on the VIP list, with insider access that sets them apart. Exclusive perks create a sense of specialness that spills over from purchases into brand loyalty. Exclusive content is among the top three purchase drivers for them.
- Always-on presence: Maintaining an always-on strategy to communicate with digital natives is the secret to winning their hearts. Fashion moves fast and style never stops evolving. The most beloved brands are always ready to provide new inspiration whenever a fashion influencer picks up their phone. With a combination of organic content and paid media, you can connect with the in-crowd continuously.
Discovery drives purchase behaviour on social media, where fashion shoppers find a constant stream of fun try-on videos, shopping hauls, novel challenges, and the latest trends.
Fashion brands can foster a new level of love with meaningful content on social media, their websites, email marketing, events and digital marketing campaigns. From videos by creators to spontaneous posts by your fans, social media can make your message resonate with the larger fashion shopping community.
Whether the content is focused on a product or an experience, it will make the greatest impact when it’s relatable, engaging, inspiring—and most of all, entertaining.
Fashion buyers look for:
- Transparency. Your brand should express the human self, not a cold, faceless shopfront, but a team of real people sharing laughs, advice, looks, or workplace hijinks.
- Similar values. fashion buyers like to support brands that share their outlook on life, so let your purpose shine through.
- Incentives. From special discounts to exclusive extras, giving users extra motivation to engage with your brand can yield big results.
- Inspiration. fashion buyers love it when brands put their personality and creativity on display in a way that’s helpful, enlightening, and entertaining.
- Convenience. What’s the price? What’s the promo? fashion buyers want to be able to find this information easily and understand it at a glance.
- Genuine partnerships. Authentic collaborations with fashion influencers and creators feel effortless and natural—they just make sense.
Trending > This year’s best 10 men’s cargo pants styles
8. ⭐️ Must-haves & customer reviews
Reveal the reasons why they just can’t live without your product. Some of the world’s most popular luxury fashion brands use this marketing tactic.
7. Unboxing & hauls
Shoppers flaunt their recent purchases and spark Christmas morning-style excitement for everybody who watches the video.
6. Deals & promos
Users share their smartest tips for stretching your fashion budget—and looking good doing it.
Before you decide on your next fashion marketing campaign, let me tell you something you have probably been turning a blind eye to…
Social media is not helping your fashion business
- Your organic social media posts are reaching an average of 5% of your followers. This is a massive issue affecting thousands of marketers.
- You have been trying hard to build audiences on social media that you do not own.
- You cannot transfer your hard-earned social media followers to your CRM.
- Your customer acquisition costs from social media ads are through the roof.
I can offer you the best marketing strategy training that will help you:
- Lower customer acquisition costs.
- Minimise dependency on paid media.
- Build a marketing engine with marketing assets and channels you fully own.
- Craft the best digital marketing plan and social media strategy that boosts sales and customer lifetime value.
5. Product styling
Demonstrate the different ways to wear or use a product while adding personal style.
Experience-focused videos highlight the diverse experiences behind your brand, from game-inspired shopping challenges to makeovers and behind-the-scenes action.
4. Outfit transformations and styling
This genre of videos shows how to turn basic clothing items into unique, customised looks with accessories, cute pairings, plus the right shoes, makeup, and hair.
Marketers are reading > The top 10 graphic design trends righ now
3. ♻️ #ThriftChallenge
Share clever ways to upcycle products, find new ways to use them, or DIY them into something else entirely. They may show you how to turn a tee shirt into a tank top or how to create a pair of shorts from a hoodie.
Trending > This year’s best 10 men’s cargo pants styles
Two fashion customers switch multiple outfits, often with funny and ill-fitting results due to their different body sizes or genders. But sometimes the opposite is true: The clothes look great on both fashion influencers despite their physical differences—or maybe the swappers look so similar that they could be siblings. As with everything, variety rules and creativity is king.
✔️Marketers are using > The best fashion hashtags for TikTok
One example of several popular outfit transition challenges is when the user tosses a shoe up in the air or spins it on the ground and then transitions to catch the shoe on their foot wearing a different outfit or look. Endlessly satisfying to watch when synced to the right music, this challenge exploded in 2020 and continues to inspire.
This last trend also celebrates more the process (journey) over the result: rather than just showing off picture-perfect looks, the right fashion influencers love to contrast the way they looked beforehand and the steps they took to get ready, highlighting the effort and skill that went into their transformation.
You will like > The top 10 social media marketing trends
THE THRILL OF DISCOVERY
Some of the latest social media formats on Instagram or TikTok are suited for fashion lovers who are searching for the freshest styles.
Your website and social media posts should make it easy for your brand to give fashion buyers what they want: convenience, exclusive content, and an always-on presence for right-now inspiration.
The same creativity and flair that fuels your fashion brand can make big waves in your marketing, where every piece of content, image or video has the potential to go viral. When it comes to content, the right fit can connect you with the global community of stylish shoppers browsing online and generate a whole new audience for your brand.
“Inspire creativity. Your fashion brand should inspire buyers to create their unique style”
FASHION BRANDS’ CURRENT CHALLENGES PERCEIVED BY CUSTOMERS
- Materials: Some of these brands may use cheaper synthetic materials that are harmful to the skin and body.
- Fairtrade: Using suppliers who do not pay fairly to their workers.
- Disposal: Using materials that cannot be recycled or upcycled or are difficult to give a new life once they become old.
- Setting unhealthy beauty standards. Paying top salaries to anorexic runway models who may also be suffering from eating disorders.
⚡️ Trending today > The most popular Instagram fashion hashtags
A quick question: Is your marketing bringing sales and profit for your business?
You can start a successful marketing strategy with clear and defined objectives that will make you grow your business.
A well-crafted marketing strategy will:
✔︎ Free up valuable time for you
✔︎ Make you produce far less but better quality marketing campaign content
✔︎ It will increase sales, profit and brand equity
If you believe you have a creative, passionate and curious mind and are seriously ready to grow your business, I invite you to craft a successful marketing strategy today!
I guarantee you will never go back to the same old way you were doing marketing.
Need fashion marketing training for your team? Contact us today.
Marketing is important in the fashion industry because it helps brands connect with their target customers. Effective marketing helps fashion brands reach their sales and growth targets while giving marketers and fashion brand owners a better competitive advantage.
Fashion marketing plays an important role in popularising fashion brands and labels. If done right, fashion marketing is the key to the success of fashion brands and fashion design houses.
Fashion marketers are reading > The best fashion hashtags for Instagram
eDigital can help you conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise successful digital marketing campaigns that generate leads and sales for your brand.
Our digital marketing services include:
- Strategic planning for social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Online advertising management and optimisation (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing).
- Marketing training: social media training and digital marketing training.
- SEO strategy and execution. Including content development (articles, stories, eye-catching and SEO-optimised visuals).
- Celebrity and influencer marketing campaign strategy.
- Brand development. Logo creation, brand personality development and design of marketing materials.
- Consumer contests/competitions/giveaways.
- Email marketing. Dip sequence design and deployment.
- Conversion rate optimisation. It is also called “path to purchase” optimisation.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing, help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you own, stir your team’s thinking, bring new ideas for new conversion paths and boost customer lifetime value.
THE BEST FASHION MARKETING CAMPAIGN IDEAS
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants offering the best marketing strategy training and the best social media training. Top marketers use Mau’s popular Digital Marketing Plan and Social Media Plan templates.