THE TOP 10 LUXURY HIGH FASHION BRANDS IN THE WORLD 2024 – LIST
Find below the world’s top 10 luxury high fashion brands in 2024 – list. The best-selling & most popular global top designer high fashion companies & haute couture brands.
Brought to you by Mau, a Senior Digital Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
THE WORLD’S TOP 10 LUXURY HIGH FASHION BRANDS IN 2024 – LIST
I already know something about you:
You love “haute couture” fashion brands!
But before you start watching this exclusive “The world’s top 10 luxury fashion brands” – list, let me tell you something you probably have been turning a blind eye to…
Social media is not helping your business
- All social media platforms are “money extraction” machines. Their business model is made to make money from you.
- Their algorithms have been deliberately designed to lower your organic reach so you have to pay for ads to reach your followers. That’s why only 5% of your followers may see your posts (If you are lucky!)
- You keep trying to build audiences on social media platforms you will never own.
- You cannot transfer your hard-earned social media followers to your CRM.
- Your customer acquisition costs from social media ads are through the roof.
I can offer you the best marketing strategy training that will help you:
- Lower customer acquisition costs.
- Minimise dependency on paid media.
- Build a marketing engine with marketing assets and channels you fully own.
- Craft the best digital marketing plan and social media strategy that boosts sales and customer lifetime value.
THE WORLD’S TOP 10 HAUTE COUTURE BRANDS
Grandparents are good people who – sometimes – behave badly.
But this time, your lovely grandma surely told you that you should value what people do, not what they wear.
You did not listen and you are right now, right here, ready to find out what the World’s most popular high fashion brands are.
People pay ridiculous prices to wear “Haute Couture” fashion brands to keep up with the Joneses but surely you know it is all just fashion marketing and profits.
The most unique pieces from luxury fashion designers are not commercially available. These secret high fashion designers work exclusively with celebrities and may have just a handful of clientele.
Once you find the most unique high fashion designer you love, you will keep it secret.
Because you want to wear unique handcrafted pieces no one gets access to it.
Below are the World’s top 10 popular luxury fashion brands running global fashion marketing campaigns to keep the profits up and shareholders happy.
10. Emporio Armani
20+ million people on Instagram follow Emporio Armani
Founded in 1975 by Giorgio Armani in Milan, Italy – after learning the craft at Nino Cerruti atelier – Armani designs, manufactures and sells luxury high fashion and lifestyle products. It offers apparel, accessories, eyewear, watches, jewellery, home interiors, fragrances, cosmetics and skin care products under a range of brand names: Giorgio Armani, Emporio Armani, Armani Beauty and A/X Armani Exchange.
Canadian singer Shawn Mendes was one of Emporio Armani’s ambassadors for their watch collection between 2017 and 2021.
21+ million people on Instagram follow Fendi.
Founded by Adele and Edoardo Fendi in Rome in 1925, over the years Fendi has emerged as a Maison renowned for its craftsmanship and innovation deeply linked to its Roman roots. Today, Fendi is synonymous with tradition, experimentation and daring creativity.
⚡️ Most read today > How to write the best creative photography brief
8. Calvin Klein
25+ million people on Instagram follow Clavin Klein.
Calvin Klein is an American fashion house and a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive aesthetic. Undestanding Gen Z characteristics, Clavin Klein has positioned itself as one of the most popular underwear brands in the world.
30+ million people on Instagram follow Versace.
Founded in 1978 by Gianni Versace in Milan, Italy; Versace is one of the World’s most popular luxury fashion brands in Italy.
Popular Versace models: Naomi Campbell, Kendall Jenner, Gigi & Bella Hadid, Binx Walton, Sora Choi, Hailey Baldwin, Emily Ratajkowski, Adut Akech, Anok Yai, Aylah Peterson, Daein Moon, David Trulík, Evelina Lauren, Grace Hartzel, Irina Shayk, Khadim Sock, Loic Namigandet, Lucas Barski, Martin Burian, Mica Argañaraz, Mona Tougaard, Nacho Penín, Precious Lee, Rebecca Leigh Longendyke, Rianne Van Rompaey, Sebastian Klimes, Simone Bricchi, Sora Choi and Vittoria Ceretti.
In Milan, Versace combined its brand name with Fendi at the Sep 21 Milan Fashion Week to create a unique “Fendance” show.
Going through the roof > How to completely stop drinking alcohol!
HIGH FASHION BRANDS CURRENT CHALLENGES
- Materials: Use of synthetic materials that are harmful to the skin and body. Unwillingness to use more expensive natural organic fabrics that are harmless and break down in the soil. Opportunity to use cotton that biodegrades. The microbes and worms will love it too.
- Fairtrade: Using suppliers who do not pay fairly to their workers.
- Disposal: Using materials that cannot be recycled or upcycled or hard to give them another life.
- Setting unhealthy beauty standards. Paying exorbitant salaries to anorexic scantily-clad supermodels who may also be suffering from eating disorders.
- Proof of Authenticity. In April 2021, LVMH, Prada Group and Richemont joined forces to create the Aura Blockchain Consortium to make it possible for consumers to access the product history and proof of authenticity of luxury goods—from sourcing to sales and second-hand markets. In September 2021, OTB joined. The idea of this consortium is to set standards for the luxury industry relating to innovation, transparency, and blockchain technology.
Fashion creators are reading > The best fashion hashtags for Tiktok
6. Dolce & Gabbana
30+ million people on Instagram follow Dolce & Gabbana
Dolce & Gabbana is one of the most famous Italian fashion houses in the world. Dolce & Gabanna auctioned an NFT collection called: “Dress for a Dream” inspired by Venetian art on the UNXD marketplace.
Exclusive > How to completely stop drinking alcohol!
33+ million people on Instagram follow Prada.
Founded in 1913 by Mario Prada in Milan, Italy. Prada is one of the world’s leading luxury high fashion brands offering clothes, apparel, luggage and luxury goods manufactured with the finest artisanal techniques, using exquisite materials. The Prada brand is an elegant shopping destination for the most prestigious Italian and European customers. Its innovative approach is inspired by its unconventional observation of society which allows Prada to anticipate – and often influence – fashion and style trends. the Prada brand offers men’s and women’s leather goods, clothing and footwear, combining contemporary, innovative and sophisticated design with the uniqueness of handcrafted products. Prada also operates in the eyewear and fragrance sector.
“Fashion is choice. Create your unique style. Do not let fashion marketing campaigns decide what person you are. You can upcycle pieces of clothing no longer used, buy second hand, wear your creations”
In 2019, The Prada Group entered a three-year collaboration with Startupbootcamp, the largest European network of accelerators helping fashion startups scale up internationally. This collaboration led to the launch of a global innovation centre in Milan, Fashion Tech—dedicated to the fashion industry where each year the ten most innovative startups are selected to receive support in building world-class products, services, and businesses. The aim is to find innovative solutions that address fashion market challenges in the supply chain, marketing and retail.
THE HIGH FASHION MARKET RESALE INDUSTRY IS ON THE RISE
Top resale online marketplaces for luxury fashion and high fashion are popular. According to CNBC, resale shopping is set to be worth more than $33+ billion at the end of 2021 and is on track to top $64 billion by 2024.
Ibid wrote that hundreds of thousands of new fashion items are listed every day on platforms such as Depop often snapped up in seconds by its 30 million+ users, spread across more than 150 countries. And according to Depop, 90% of active users are under the age of 26.
Treet is another online marketplace helping brands set up their resale sites. Treet gained $2.8 million in a seed funding round in May 2021, taking a 10% cut from any sale.
Reflaunt, which allows shoppers to resell their old purchases on the original brand’s website, offers a similar service, but off-platform, and is supported by the likes of fashion label Balenciaga.
Other large, pre-existing companies are pivoting to resale too or building their fashion resale arms.
Rent the Runway, which previously allowed its users to hire high-fashion items for a short time, is now entering the luxury high-fashion resale space too.
4. Christian Dior
45+ million people on Instagram follow Christian Dior.
Founded in 1946 by fashion designer Christian Dior in Paris France; the Dior brand sells luxurious fashion apparel and accessories including high-end leather goods, haute couture clothes, jewellery, perfumes, shoes and skincare. Dior is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH).
The popular Israeli-American actress, Natalie Portman wore a Dior’s gown and cape for the 2020 Oscars Awards ceremony. The cape was embroidered with all of the female film directors’ names who weren’t nominated for #Oscars in 2020. The gown and cape required 600 hours of workmanship by Dior ateliers according to Bazaar magazine.
⭐️ Most read today > How to write the best creative photography brief
52+ million people on Instagram follow Gucci.
Gucci is an Italian brand owned by the French Kering group. Founded in 1921, in Milan, Italy; Gucci is one of the oldest Italian fashion brands. Gucci started out as a luggage maker, producing luxury travel goods as well as equestrian equipment. Today, Gucci sells luxurious fashion apparel and high-end leather goods, as well as premium knitwear, eyewear, watches, jewellery, silk goods, shoes, handbags, beauty and skincare products. Gucci is well known for its distinctive “Double-G” monogram, as well as the iconic Gucci stripe, consisting of two green stripes interrupted by a single red bar.
Some of the world’s best creative fashion designers have worked for the Gucci brand including Tom Ford, Frida Giannini and Alessandro Michele. Gucci is owned and managed by the French luxury holding company: Kering which also owns and manages other top luxury fashion brands including Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, Ulysse Nardin and Girard-Perregaux.
For its Fall 2021 collection, Gucci partnered with the art auction house Christie’s on an NFT video called Aria, which sold in June 2021. In October 2020, the sustainable collection “Off the Grid” was featured in the latest The Sims game.
In March 2023, Gucci secured a partnership with web3 company: Yuga Labs (The parent company of the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT collection and the metaverse world: Otherside).
Would people be able to buy Gucci products on the Otherside metaverse world? We do not know yet.
Hot read > The best fashion hashtags for Instagram
55+ million people on Instagram follow Louis Vuitton.
Owned by LVMH Group. Founded in 1854 by French fashion designer Louis Vuitton in Paris, France; Louis Vuitton is the world’s most valuable luxury brand and is a division of the French LVMH group. The Louis Vuitton brand sells leather goods, handbags, trunks, shoes, watches, jewellery, fragrances, accessories, beauty and skincare products. The brand is well-recognised for its LV monogram. Some of the world’s most popular celebrities and influencers serve as brand ambassadors for Louis Vuitton including Léa Seydoux (French actress), Alicia Vikander (Swedish actress), Korean boy music band: BTS, Emma Stone (American actress), Sophie Turner (English actress), Liu Yifei (Chinese-American actress, singer, model) and Naomi Osaka (tennis player).
In 2019, Louis Vuitton partnered with Riot Games, the creators of the game League of Legends. An exclusive travel case for the Cup Trophy and other digital assets was designed by Nicolas Ghesquiére (Fashion designer and creative director). This was followed by a real capsule collection inspired by League of Legends.
The LVMH Innovation Award1 is open to startup companies established within the past five years, valued less than US$100 million, have no more than 50 employees, and whose solutions are relevant to LVMH. The finalists present their projects during the Viva Technology show in Paris and a jury of experts appoints the winner. The winning startup is rewarded with a partnership and support from LVMH brands. Since the launch of the initiative in 2017, startups that have won the LVMH Innovation Award are Heuritech (deep learning), Oyst (e-commerce solution), VeChain (blockchain), Kronos Care (post-purchase solution), 3D Look (trial experience), Crobox (customer behaviour analysis), and Bambuser (live stream shopping).
Following some of the top TikTok Marketing trends, the Louis Vuitton brand enjoys a healthy following on TikTok helping them plant the seeds for future success.
59+ million people on Instagram follow Chanel.
Founded in 1910 by couturière Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel in Paris, France; Chanel is a privately held company owned by Alain and Gerard Wertheimer, grandsons of Pierre Wertheimer, who was an early business partner of Coco Chanel. Chanel sells high-fashion clothes, luxurious fragrances, handbags, watches beauty and skincare products. Chanel is famous for its “little black dress”, the Chanel No. 5 perfume and the Chanel Suit.
Chanel has also been active in the field of startup collaborations. In 2018 it invested in Farfetch—an online fashion retail unicorn to ‘augment’ its boutiques and enhance the in-store experience. Chanel also partnered with the Finnish startup Sulapac, a producer of bio-plastics and bio-packaging to develop a sustainable biobased cap for the fragrance Les Eaux de Chanel.
Chanel acquired a minority stake in the Boston-based startup: Evolved by Nature to develop sustainable silk. Their trademarked “Activated Silk“ is derived from silkworm cocoons, which can be used in fabrics, cosmetics, and medical products.
Next >The world’s top 11 to 20 luxury high fashion brands – List
Is your marketing generating sales and profit for your business?
You can start a successful marketing strategy with clear and defined objectives that will make you grow your business.
A well-crafted marketing strategy will:
✔︎ Free up valuable time for you
✔︎ Make you produce far less but better quality marketing content
✔︎ It will increase sales, profit and brand equity
If you believe you have a creative, passionate and curious mind and you are seriously ready to grow your business, I invite you to craft a successful marketing strategy today!
I guarantee you will never go back to the same old way you were doing marketing.
Do you require social media training for you or your team? Contact us today.
PLACES TO BUY LUXURY HIGH FASHION AT HALF PRICES
- Vinted is an online clothing and home goods marketplace. Vinted has some 45 million users (May 2021) who upload their items of clothes or home goods to sell or buy those uploaded by others. Users pay no fees for listing, but Vinted takes a “buyer protection” rate that is either between 3% and 8% of the cost of an item, or a direct cut (in the UK – between £0.03 and £0.08), depending on the value of the good. Vinted has operations across 13 markets — France, Germany, Belgium, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the UK and the USA.
- Depop is an online marketplace (web & app) to buy and sell unique fashion, Similar to Poshmark, Depop has 30+ million registered users in more than 150 countries. You can discover and celebrate your style on your terms, and feel good about your fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of fashion clothing, accessories and garments.
- Poshmark. A popular online marketplace for both cheap and luxury second-hand high fashion.
ORGANISATIONS HELPING WITH CLOTHING WASTE
- WornUp makes new things from old clothing. They up-cycle non-wearable uniforms and production offcuts and turn them into new things helping reduce textiles in a landfill.
⭐️ Trending today > The most popular fashion hashtags for Instagram
Professionally crafted Fashion Marketing strategies can make a luxury brand seem more expensive and attractive to consumers, which can help drive sales. Luxury branding and associations with top leaders in an industry also help high fashion companies stand out from their competitors and create preference, trust and a more memorable consumer experience.
Next >The world’s top 20 luxury high fashion brands – list
eDigital can help you conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise successful fashion marketing campaigns that generate leads and sales for your brand.
Our digital marketing services include:
- Strategic planning for social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Online advertising management and optimisation (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing).
- Marketing training: social media training and digital marketing training.
- SEO strategy and execution. Including content development (articles, stories, eye-catching and SEO-optimised visuals).
- Celebrity and influencer marketing campaign strategy.
- Brand development. Logo creation, brand personality development and design of marketing materials.
- Consumer contests/competitions/giveaways.
- Email marketing. Dip sequence design and deployment.
- Conversion rate optimisation. It is also called “path to purchase” optimisation.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing, help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you own, stir your team’s thinking, bring new ideas for new conversion paths and boost customer lifetime value.
WORLD’S TOP 10 LUXURY HIGH FASHION BRANDS 2024 – LIST
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants offering the best marketing strategy training and the best social media training. Top marketers use Mau’s popular Digital Marketing Plan and Social Media Plan templates.