THE TOP 20 MOST POPULAR FREE APPS IN AUSTRALIA 2024 – LIST
Find below the top 20 most popular apps in Australia 2024. The most downloaded free apps in Australia in 2024. The most used free Android and IOS apps in Australia ranking list.
Brought to you by Mau, a Senior Digital Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
THE TOP 20 MOST POPULAR FREE APPS IN AUSTRALIA 2024 – LIST
THE MOST DOWNLOADED FREE APPS IN AUSTRALIA 2024
App owners are also reading > The top 10 paid IOS apps in Australia.
20. Everyday Rewards by Woolworths
The EveryDay Rewards app is part of one of the most popular loyalty programs in Australia. Owned by Woolworths (a big supermarket chain in Australia), the app allows members to collect and view their rewards points when they make purchases at Woolworths supermarkets, BWS (Bootle shops), Big W (Department stores) or Caltex (fuel stations).
19. Australia Post
The Australia Post app allows Australians to track parcels, manage deliveries on the go and pay bills if they want to. The app also makes it easy for Australians to find Australian Post offices, opening and delivery hours (including Sundays) and street posting boxes.
The Zoom app usage skyrocketed due to the past year’s lockdowns as people needed an easy way to communicate for work and with friends. Australians use the Zoom app for team video chat and video meetings.
The Disney+ app is one of the most popular movie apps in Australia. The Disney+ app gives Australians movies for any mood from movie producers such as Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star.
Australians can watch the latest Disney movie releases, originals, throwbacks and classics through the app.
Disney’s GroupWatch feature is popular among subscribers in Australia.
The Spotify app is one of the most popular music apps in Australia. The Spotify app is used by Australians to find and listen to music and podcasts on their mobile phones and tablets.
Popular this month > The best apps, tools and bots for free & real Instagram followers
15. Uber Eats
Uber Eats is one of the most used food delivery apps in Australia as it can deliver delicious food easily. Through the Uber Eats app, Australias get the food they want from their preferred restaurants.
14. Google Maps
Google Maps is the most downloaded app in Australia for navigation. The Google Maps app allows Australians to find places easier and faster than other apps or physical maps. Australians enjoy real-time GPS navigation, traffic and public transport info and business locations including supermarkets, pharmacies, hospitals, fuel stations and other important places.
The Gmail app is used by Australians who want real-time notifications when they get an email. With the Gmail app, Australians can make Gmail the default email app on their iOS device. The Gmail app also offers integrations with Google Chat, Google Spaces, Google Calendar and video calling through Google Meet.
Australians use the Netflix app to watch some of the most talked about shows, series, documentaries and movies. With the Netflix app, Australians can watch while they are travelling, commuting or just taking a break.
Marketers are also reading > The top 10 most popular paid IOS apps in Australia.
The Facebook app is not as popular as it used to be but continues to be one of the most downloaded apps in Australia. Australians are now using Facebook especially to follow and participate in niche groups and follow news and updates from brands and local government agencies. The Facebook app is also popular to find and follow local events in Australia.
Australians are realising their content on Facebook is seen by just an average of 1% of their Facebook friends. they are moving to other social media platforms such as YouTube and TikTok.
You will also like > The best live-selling software and apps
The YouTube app is surely one of the most downloaded apps in Australia and also in the world. Australians use the YouTube app to see what the world is watching, from the hottest music videos to what’s popular in gaming, fashion, beauty, news, travel, fitness, food, art, learning and more. Australians subscribe to YouTube channels run by creators (Youtubers) or brands. You can also create your own YouTube channel and upload your videos and be seen and followed by anyone on YouTube.
YouTube also offers two other apps: The YouTube Music app and the YouTube Kids app.
The WhatsApp messenger app offers group video calls, voice calls and text messaging. Due to privacy issues, Australias are using other messaging apps such as Signal, Telegram or Viber.
Instagram is one of the most downloaded social media apps in the world. Millions of Australians use Instagram to share stories of what they are up to or see what’s new from other people and brands from all around the world. Australians add photos and videos or stories that disappear after 24 hours.
However, Australians are realising their content on Instagram is seen by an average of 1% of their followers, making them use other platforms such as YouTube and TikTok.
7. Messenger by Meta
Facebook messenger app offers group video calls, voice calls and text messaging. Due to privacy issues, Australias are using other messaging apps such as Signal, Telegram or Viber.
You should also check out > The top 10 most downloaded paid IOS apps in Australia.
6. Express Plus Medicare
Medicare is the public free health system in Australia. The Express Plus Medicare app makes it easier for Australians to get things done with Medicare. Popularly used to submit Medicare claims, enrol a new baby into Medicare, update bank account details and contact information and many other tasks.
⭐️ Marketers are using > The best free Instagram analytics apps
5. Google Wallet
Google Wallet gives you fast, secure access to your everyday essentials. Tap to pay where Google Pay is accepted, board a flight, go to a movie, and more – all with just your phone.
Creators are reading > This year’s top graphic design trends
It is not surprising, myGovID is the most popular app in Australia. The myGovID app is used as the mobile entrance point to many different Australian Government services for Australian citizens and residents.
✔︎ Marketers are using > How to write a winning App Development Brief and template
TikTok is one of the world’s most popular social media video platforms. The TikTok app allows Australians to post their everyday life videos or go live and be watched by anyone on the platform.
According to a report by We Are Social and Hootsuite, the TikTok app is the most downloaded mobile entertainment app among Australians, ranking third on the overall download chart, only behind Service Victoria and Service NSW.
⚡️ Most views today > The best photo editing apps
2. Service NSW
New South Wales (NSW) is one of the 7 major states in Australia. The Service NSW app is the best way to get things done with the NSW Government.
Marketers are reading > The top 25 most popular Australian women on Youtube – ranking list.
1. Service Victoria
Victoria is one of the 7 major states in Australia. The Service Victoria app is the best way to get things done with the Victorian Government.
eDigital newsletter > Join 5k+ subscribers and get proven successful marketing strategies and tips!
Next read > The top 10 paid IOS apps in Australia.
OTHER POPULAR APPS IN AUSTRALIA
- CapCut. Owned by Chinese company ByteDance, is a video-editing application tailored for TikTok. Similar to its Chinese domestic version – Jianying – CapCut provides personalised video editing for TikTok, such as adding features including filters, subtitles, sound effects and video transition effects. CapCut has surpassed 500 million downloads on Google Pay. As of the end of April, this app ranked fifth in total downloads through the Apple App Store Australia, while its sister app, TikTok, held the top position.
- Temu. Another one of the most popular apps in Australia at the moment is Temu. After Temu’s Super Bowl advertisement in February, the Google Search Index of this shopping app skyrocketed on the same day. Temu is owned by the Chinese e-commerce giant, Pinduoduo, which was founded in 2015. In China, Pinduoduo made a strong entry into the e-commerce market that had been dominated by Alibaba for over a decade. In 2020, with over 730 million monthly active users – that is 30 times the population of Australia – Pinduoduo surpassed Alibaba’s Taobao and became the most widely used shopping app in China. Temu offers clothing and electronic devices to garden supplies and car decorations – with a focus on low prices and global shipping. In April 2023, Temu has quickly taken the top place in the app ranking in both the Google Play and Apple App stores in Australia. According to market intelligence company, Sensor Tower, in April, Temu attracted 10 million downloads worldwide in the space of just one month. In the United States, Temu has surpassed Amazon and Walmart to become the most popular shopping app in less than a year since its launch.
Marketers are reading > This year’s top social media marketing trends
- Shein. Shein is another shopping app that has gained a significant market share in Australia. Established in Nanjing, China, Shein experienced rapid expansion in Guangzhou before it relocated to Singapore in 2022. Shein relies on third-party suppliers from China for a small number of products and determines whether to repeat production based on sales performance. This coincides with the typical model of ‘fast fashion’, with only six per cent of inventory remaining in stock for more than 90 days. In 2022, Shein recorded 200 million global downloads, making it the most downloaded-shopping app of the year. It usually appears in the top 10 shopping apps’ ranking list in Australia.
Popular read today > The best video editing apps for Instagram
SOCIAL MEDIA IS NOT HELPING APP MARKETERS
- Organic posts are reaching an average of 5% of your followers. This is a massive issue affecting thousands of marketers.
- Marketers keep trying so hard to build audiences on social media platforms they do not own.
- Marketers cannot transfer their hard-earned followers to their CRM.
- Customer acquisition costs from social media ads are through the roof.
I offer you the best marketing strategy training that will show your team how to:
- Lower customer acquisition costs.
- Minimise dependency on paid media.
- Build a marketing engine with marketing assets and channels you fully own.
- Craft the best digital marketing plan and social media strategy that boosts sales and customer lifetime value.
Trending today > The most popular fitness apps
THE TOP 20 MOST DOWNLOADED IOS FREE GAMES APPS IN AUSTRALIA 2024
19. Draw Climber
18. BitLife – Life Simulator
17. Park Master
15. 8 Ball Pool
14. Cube Surfer!
13. Mario Kart Tour
12. Ink Inc. – Tattoo Drawing
11. Magic Tiles 3: Piano Game
⚡️ Trending > The most popular Fitness apps – list
9. Tangle Master 3D
8. Roblox. Roblox is also one of the top 25 trending hashtags on TikTok right now
7. Brain Test: Tricky Puzzles
6. Genshin Impact, an Action Role-Playing Game (ARPG) developed by Chinese company miHoYo, or Ho Yoverse, the global publishing subsidiary, has gained a considerable share of the internet market.
Popular read today > The best video editing apps
5. Woodturning 3D
4. Call of Duty: Mobile
3. Brain Out
2. Subway Surfers
1. Among Us!
You can find the top apps by country on Appfigures.com, then click on the “top apps” section.
Some of the above most downloaded free apps in Australia can offer marketers insights into what’s popular down under. But if you are an app owner or a marketer looking to promote your app in Australia you will need to build your marketing engine with assets and channels you fully own so you do not rely on app stores to be the only way you generate app downloads.
Next read > The top 10 paid IOS apps in Australia.
Need training on how best to promote your brand? Contact us today!
eDigital can help you conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise successful digital marketing campaigns that generate leads and sales for your brand.
Our digital marketing services include:
- Strategic planning for social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Online advertising management and optimisation (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing).
- Marketing training: social media training and digital marketing training.
- SEO strategy and execution. Including content development (articles, stories, eye-catching and SEO-optimised visuals).
- Celebrity and influencer marketing campaign strategy.
- Brand development. Logo creation, brand personality development and design of marketing materials.
- Consumer contests/competitions/giveaways.
- Email marketing. Dip sequence design and deployment.
- Conversion rate optimisation. It is also called “path to purchase” optimisation.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing, help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you own, stir your team’s thinking, bring new ideas for new conversion paths and boost customer lifetime value.
THE MOST POPULAR APPS IN AUSTRALIA
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants offering the best marketing strategy training and the best social media training. Top marketers use Mau’s popular Digital Marketing Plan and Social Media Plan templates.