FACEBOOK ADS TARGETING OPTIONS – LIST 2017
Did you know there are over 600 Facebook advertising targeting options? Your are a facebook advertiser and want a “print” friendly version of all these Facebook Targeting Options? Easy! Find below:
- The complete full list 2017 Facebook Audience Targeting Options
- Latest updates and changes to this list.
- Print friendly version handy for your marketing team or agency team.
Save time & get your Facebook Predefined Advertising Audience Options List (Google sheets version – print friendly)
THE LIST – WHAT YOU GET
✔︎ The most up-to-date list of all 600+ Facebook advertising targeting options
✔︎ All options listed in the same order as in the Facebook Ad Platform
✔︎ Google Sheet print friendly version
✔︎ Ready to be edited as you wish and ready to be used for real time collaboration with teams and clients.
✔︎ 18 Printed friendly pages (Please see sample of page 1 below)
✔︎ A thumbs up from us! Your purchase goes into our editorial budget to keep creating useful content.
FREE EXTRA BONUS – ONLY THIS WEEK!
+ ✅ 👉 FREE SNAPCHAT AD TARGETING OPTIONS valued at $24.99. This is the most updated list available AND it is free for you!
GETTING THE LIST IS FAST, SECURE AND EASY!
- Go to Paypal checkout and pay. It’s fast, secure and easy!
- Paypal will redirect you to our payment confirmation page where you will find the link to the list located on Google Sheets.
- Easy make a copy of the list! 🙂
- You can always contact us if you have any questions or issues.
Thank you! We have actually printed it so it is easy for our agency team to discuss the options with our clients. Kelly
Example of page 1 printed friendly version below
LATEST CHANGES ON FACEBOOK ADVERTISING TARGETING OPTIONS
WHAT HAS BEEN REMOVED
- Deleted Expectant parents ( from parenting section )
- Deleted Retail ( from work section )
- Deleted Temporary and seasonal ( from work section )
- Deleted Unity Plug-in ( from Digital Activities )
- Deleted Expats Egypt, Pakistan AND Turkey ( from Expats )
- Deleted Google Nexus 7, 10 ( from all mobile Devices )
- Deleted Galaxy Alpha, Champ, Galaxy Ace, Galaxy Ace 2, Mini, Note, Note II, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Pocket Duos, Galaxy Pocket Plus, Galaxy S Advance, Galaxy S Duos, Galaxy S II, Galaxy Y Duos ( from all mobile Devices )
- Deleted Asus, Fonepad, MeMO Pad, Transformer Pad ( from all mobile Devices )
- DeletedBlackBerry Bold 9700, Curve 8520, Curve 9220, Curve 9320, Optimus L3, Optimus L5, Optimus L7 ( from all mobile Devices )
- Deleted Lava ( from all mobile Devices )
- Deleted Nokia 2700 Classic 5130 XpressMusic Asha, Asha 200, Asha 302, Asha 305, Asha 311, C1-01, C3, Lumia 1020, Lumia 1320, Lumia 1520, Lumia 520, Lumia 620, Lumia 630, Lumia 720, Lumia 900, Lumia 920, X2-01 ( from all mobile Devices )
- Deleted XOLO ( from all mobile Devices )
- Deleted Sony Xperia M, Xperia P, Xperia S, Xperia SL, Xperia SP, Xperia T, Xperia U, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z2, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR ( from all mobile Devices )
- 2G (US), 2G (US) ( from Network Connection )
- Deleted Baseball 2015, College Football (US), Cricket Enthusiasts, Professional Football (US), Rugby (2015) ( from Seasonal events )
- Deleted Currently travelling, Used travel app (1 month) AND Used travel app (2 weeks) ( from Behaviours >Travel )
- Deleted Financial>Income AU 100.000 to 149.999, AU 150.000+ AU 40.000 to 59.999, AU 60.000 to 79.999 AU 80.000 to 99.999
- Deleted Financial>Net worth, It included Above average affluence, Average affluence, High affluence, Very High Affluence
- Deleted Financial>Home> Home Ownership: Home Ownership (AU): Home Owners Mortgaged Renters
- Deleted Financial>Home> Home Type Home Value (AU): $1,000,000 – $1,499,999, $150,000 – $249,999, $250,000 – $349,999 $350,000 – $499,999 $500,000 – $749,999 $750,000 – $999,999 Over $1,500,000
- Deleted Financial (AU) Insurance Building Insurance Home Insurance Motor Insurance Private Health Insurance
- Deleted Financial > Investments Investment Type Investment Property
- Deleted “Plays 0 out of 7 days”, “Plays 1 out of 7 days”, “Plays 2 out of 7 days”,”Plays 3 out of 7 days”,”Plays 4 out of 7 days”,”Plays 5 out of 7 days”,”Plays 6 out of 7 days”, “Plays 7 out of 7 days” (From Canvas Gaming – Average Engagement section)
WHAT HAS CHANGED / REPLACED
- Expats (Philippines) to Expats (the Philippines)
- Ethnic Affinity (US) to Multicultural Affinity (US)
- (A) Affinity for High Value Goods – India from More Categories> Facebook categories to Consumer Classification
- Fast Food from More Categories>Facebook categories to Interest>Food and Drink
WHAT IS NEW
- New – Consumer Classification > (A+B) Affinity for Mid-High Value Goods – Brazil
- New – Consumer Classification > (5,6,7) Affinity for Mid Value Goods – South Africa
- New – Consumer Classification > (8,9,10) Affinity for High Value Goods – South Africa
- New – Expats (Belgium, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Finland, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Latvia, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zimbabwe, the Netherlands, Estonian)
- New – iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Gionee devices, Galaxy Note 5, 7, Galaxy S7, (from All mobile Devices)
CODING ERRORS FOUND
- Primary OS Windows 10 ( From operating system used) has been added as a separate line item
- Photo uploaders (Typo error on description: Users who have uploaded photos on Facebook in that last month)
- Expats (Estonian) – typo error. Correct: Estonia.
Finally someone has taken the time to create a printed friendly version. Thank you. it is been great to be able to review all options and also make notes on the options that are generating the best ROI. Chris
ABOUT FACEBOOK DETAILED TARGETING OPTIONS
Detailed targeting is a targeting option available in the “Audience” section of ad set creation that allows you to refine the group of people Facebook will show your ads to. You can do this with additional demographic information, interests and behaviors.
These detailed targeting options may be based on:
- What people share on their timelines
- Apps they use
- Ads they click
- Pages they engage with
- Activities people engage in on and off Facebook related to things like their device usage, purchase behaviors or intents and travel preferences
- Demographics like age, gender and location
- The mobile device they use and the speed of their network connection
HOW TO USE FACEBOOK DETAILED TARGETING OPTIONS
The “Detailed Targeting” sub-section of ad set creation offers 2 general actions:
- Include people
- Exclude people
Once you select at least one option for one of these, another option will be opened: Narrow Audience.
If you add an option to that field, you’ll be able to Narrow Further. The following sections will explain how these actions work.
“Or” targeting versus “and” targeting
If you add criteria to the “Include people” or “Exclude people” fields, your audience will include or exclude people who meet at least one of the criterion – not all of them.
Say you include people who:
Are interested in cooking
A person who likes cooking but doesn’t own a home and/or isn’t a parent would be in the audience. It might be useful to think of this as “‘or’ targeting” since the audience would be made up of people who are homeowners or who like cooking or who are parents.
If you want to include or exclude only people who meet all of your criteria, you can use the audience narrowing actions. Here’s how you would do that using the same criteria from our example:
Click Narrow Audience
Include people interested in cooking
Click Narrow Further
This audience will only include people who own a home and are interested in cooking and have children.
Combining “and” and “or” targeting
You can think of “Include/Exclude” > “Narrow Audience” > “Narrow Further” as targeting tiers. You can add multiple criteria to each tier to give yourself some flexibility, since only one parameter from each will be required for inclusion/exclusion.
To continue our example: You’ve got an audience with homeowners at the “Include/Exclude” tier, people interested in cooking at the “Narrow Audience” tier and parents in the “Narrow Further” tier.
Note: You can have multiple “Narrow Further” tiers that have the same relationship between them as the one between the “Include/Exclude” and “Narrow Audience” tiers, they just won’t have a different name.
You could add people who are vegetarians to “Include/Exclude” and people who are interested in gardening to “Narrow Audience.” This would leave you with the following set up:
Include/Exclude: Homeowners or vegetarians
Narrow Audience: People interested in cooking or gardening
Narrow Further: Parents
One criteria from each tier must be met for inclusion/exclusion. So a vegetarian interested in gardening who is a parent would be in the audience, but a homeowner interested in cooking who isn’t a parent would not be.
Important: When narrowing your audience, be careful to not make it too specific. Doing so can lead to an audience that’s too small to be effective. Keep in mind that within any target audience you create, Facebook will automatically try to find the people likely to get you the result you told Facebook to optimise for in ad set creation. Because of this, you don’t have to worry about refining too much. Monitor the “Audience Definition” panel to the right of your audience creation options. If the indicator needle is in the red section of the dial, make your audience broader.
COMPLETE FULL LIST FACEBOOK AUDIENCE TARGETING OPTIONS
WAS WRITTEN BY…
Mauricio Escobar is the Global Head of Digital Marketing Strategy at eDigital 🏆 One of Australia’s Top 10 Most Visited Marketing Websites. Mauricio is Sydney based Top Linkedin Australian Marketing Influencer (over 5k connections) who trains marketing and agency teams with Best Digital Marketing Practice via Strategy Workshops, Campaign Management, templates & Training Sessions. Mauricio enjoys photography & teaching Digital Marketing. Certified Facebook/Adwords Digital Marketer – Social Media Specialist – Sydney SEO Consultant – StartUp Investor – International Speaker. Contact Mauricio or follow him on Instagram – Facebook. Subscribed to his e-newsletter
NOW YOUR TURN!
Share your opinion or your best tip below 😀 ⇓