THE TOP 20 LUXURY HIGH FASHION BRANDS IN THE WORLD 2024 LIST
Find below the latest top 20 luxury high fashion brands in the world in 2024. The best-selling & most popular global top designer fashion companies & haute couture brands.
By Mau, a Senior Fashion Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
THE TOP 20 LUXURY HIGH FASHION BRANDS IN THE WORLD 2024 LIST
I already know something about you:
You love “haute couture” fashion brands!
But before you start watching this exclusive “The world’s top 10 luxury fashion brands” – list, let me tell you something you probably have been turning a blind eye to…
Social media is not helping your business
- All social media platforms are “money extraction” machines. Their business model is made to make money from you.
- Their algorithms have been deliberately designed to lower your organic reach so you have to pay for ads to reach your followers. That’s why only 5% of your followers may see your posts (If you are lucky!)
- You keep trying to build audiences on social media platforms you will never own.
- You cannot transfer your hard-earned social media followers to your CRM.
- Your customer acquisition costs from social media ads are through the roof.
I can offer you the best marketing strategy training that will help you:
- Lower customer acquisition costs.
- Minimise dependency on paid media.
- Build a marketing engine with marketing assets and channels you fully own.
- Craft the best digital marketing plan and social media strategy that boosts sales and customer lifetime value.
THE WORLD’S TOP 20 HAUTE COUTURE BRANDS
Grandparents are good people who – sometimes – misbehave.
But this time, your lovely grandma surely told you that you should value what people do, not what they wear.
You did not listen and you are right now, right here, ready to find out what the World’s top 20 most popular high fashion brands are.
People pay ridiculous prices to wear “Haute Couture” fashion brands to keep up with the Joneses but surely you know it is all just fashion marketing and profits.
The most unique pieces from luxury fashion designers are not commercially available. These secret high fashion designers work exclusively with multi-billionaires and top celebrities and may have just a handful of clientele.
Once you find the most unique high fashion designer you love, you will keep it secret.
Why? Because you want to wear unique handcrafted pieces no one gets access to it.
Below are the World’s top 20 popular luxury fashion brands running global fashion marketing campaigns to keep the profits up and shareholders happy.
20. Saint Laurent
12+ million people on Instagram follow Saint Laurent.
Founded in 1961 by Yves Henri Donat Mathieu-Saint Laurent in Paris, France; Saint Laurent sells high-fashion apparel and accessories.
Owned by the Kering Group, some of the most popular YSL products include clothing, shirts, skirts, pants, perfumes, makeup and skincare products, bags, belts, jewellery, glasses, and accessories for men and women.
In 2022, Kering (parent company) confirmed its Saint Laurent brand stopped using fur in its products.
Other brands from the Kering group such as Brioni, Gucci and Balenciaga will also stop using animal fur material.
This marks a new era for what is considered “luxury” to now include what is socially responsible, sustainable, ethical and innovative and offers an example to the rest of the fashion industry to move away from an outdated idea of luxury.
Fashion creators are reading > The best fashion hashtags for Tiktok
19. Alexander McQueen
13+ million people on Instagram follow Alexander McQueen
Alexander McQueen is a British luxury fashion house founded by designer Alexander McQueen in 1992. Its current creative director is Sarah Burton. Jun Ji-Hyun is Alexander McQueen’s most notable brand ambassador.
You will love the diversity of models used on the below show in a unique location. Naomi Campbell closes it to perfection.
Marketers are using > The best influencer marketing brief – template
13+ million people on Instagram follow Hermès
Founded in 1837 by Thierry Hermès in Paris, France, Hermès manufactures and sells luxury fashion goods. It specialises in leather goods and saddlery (accounting for around half of the revenue); clothes and accessories; silk and textiles and other products such as perfumes, watches, jewellery, and home furnishings. Hermès operates via a network of 200+ exclusive stores and retail shops around the world. The Hermès brand is best known for its Birkin and Kelly bags.
In 2021, Hermès announced a new edition of its classic 1997 Victoria travel bag made using lab-grown mycelium developed by the California startup MycoWorks. The new material is called Sylvania and is a hybrid of nature and biotechnology, a new generation of biotech materials made by combining agricultural waste and mycelium.
Exclusive > The top ethical issues in Marketing
13+ million people on Instagram follow Bvlgari
Bvlgari (aka Bulgari) is an Italian luxury brand known for its luxury jewellery, watches, fragrances, accessories, and leather goods. Bulgari list of global ambassadors includes Julian Moore, Zendaya, Lisa Manoban, Rachel Weiz, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Liu Wen and Anne Hathaway.
⚡️Trending today > The best fashion hashtags for Instagram
Tip: A good practice when putting together the best social media brief when hiring a new agency; includes asking them to research the social media activities performed by your top 2 or top 3 fashion competitors.
14+ million people on Instagram follow Balenciaga
Owned by the Kering group, Balenciaga is one of the world’s most popular French haute couture brands.
An outcome of Kering’s partnership with Fashion for Good and its investments in startups focused on the intersection of fashion and sustainability is Balenciaga’s October 2020 collection, which included 90% recycled, upcycled, or certified-sustainable materials.
“Fashion is choice. Create your unique style. Do not let fashion marketing campaigns decide what person you are. You can upcycle pieces of clothing no longer used, buy second hand, wear your creations”
Exclusive > The top ethical issues in Marketing
15. Tommy Hilfiger
14+ million people on Instagram follow Tommy Hilfiger.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the most famous American luxury fashion brands. One of the most interesting things about Tommy Hilfiger is that they are manufacturing sneakers made partly from Frumat, a cellulose-based material extracted from apple skin and core waste.
Popular today > The best fashion hashtags for TikTok
14. Ralph Lauren
15+ million people on Instagram follow Ralph Lauren
Founded in 1967 by fashion designer Ralph Rueben Lifshitz in New York City; Ralph Lauren is one of the most iconic American high fashion brands. Runway show models include Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid, Grace Elizabeth Harry Cabe, Adut Akesh, Feretta Radic. Ralph Lauren’s marketing campaigns’ singers include Janelle Monáe and others.
The controversial Ghanaian American fashion designer, Virgil Abloh famously bought some Ralph Lauren flannel shirts for $40 each and simply screen printed the word ‘Pyrex‘ and the number 23 on them, before selling them for $550 each.
You will also like > How to write the best video production brief + template
In October 2022, Ralph Lauren received criticism by the wife of the Mexican President posted a photo on Instagram accusing the fashion brand of plagiarism of indigenous Mexican designs.
Did you know: It was just until the year 2021 that the Australian Fashion Week had its first indigenous runway. Better late than never, I guess.
13. Maison Valentino
18+ million people on Instagram follow Maison Valentino
Valentino is one of the most famous Italian luxury fashion brands.
An interesting fact about the Valentino brand is the work they have been doing with Animal Crossing.
Animal Crossing is currently one of the most successful video games, and one in which buying clothes is one of the favourite activities of its characters. The popularity of the game persuaded Valentino to recreate 20 looks from the SS20 and PreFall 20/21 collections to be worn exclusively by the game’s avatars.
Marketers are reading > The best fashion marketing campaign ideas
THE HIGH FASHION MARKET RESALE INDUSTRY IS ON THE RISE
Top resale online marketplaces for high fashion and luxury fashion are popular. According to CNBC, resale shopping is set to be worth more than $33+ billion at the end of 2021 and is on track to top $64 billion by 2024.
Ibid wrote that hundreds of thousands of new fashion items are listed every day on platforms such as Depop often snapped up in seconds by its 30 million+ users, spread across more than 150 countries. And according to Depop, 90% of active users are under the age of 26.
Treet is another online marketplace helping brands set up their resale sites. Treet gained $2.8 million in a seed funding round in May 2021, taking a 10% cut from any sale.
Reflaunt, which allows shoppers to resell their old purchases on the original brand’s website, offers a similar service, but off-platform, and is supported by the likes of fashion label Balenciaga.
Other large, pre-existing companies are pivoting to resale too or building their fashion resale arms.
Rent the Runway, which previously allowed its users to hire high-fashion items for a short time, is now entering the luxury high-fashion resale space too.
12. Michael Kors
19+ million people on Instagram follow Michael Kors.
Michael Kors is one of the most popular American fashion brands.
You will also like > The top 10 graphic design trends right now
HIGH FASHION BRANDS CURRENT CHALLENGES
- Materials: Use of synthetic materials that are harmful to the skin and body. Unwillingness to use more expensive natural organic fabrics that are harmless and break down in the soil. Opportunity to use cotton that biodegrades. The microbes and worms will love it too.
- Fairtrade: Using suppliers who do not pay fairly to their workers.
- Disposal: Using materials that cannot be recycled or upcycled or are very hard to give another life.
- Setting unhealthy beauty standards. Paying exorbitant salaries to anorexic scantily-clad supermodels who may also be suffering from eating disorders.
- Proof of Authenticity. In April 2021, LVMH, Prada Group and Richemont joined forces to create the Aura Blockchain Consortium to make it possible for consumers to access the product history and proof of authenticity of luxury goods—from sourcing to sales and second-hand markets. In September 2021, OTB joined. The idea of this consortium is to set standards for the luxury industry relating to innovation, transparency, and blockchain technology.
20+ million people on Instagram follow
Burberry is one of the most popular British luxury fashion brands in the world. Burberry designed outfits for the Honor of Kings characters (one of the most popular video games in China). The new skins developed for the game, and available only for Chinese players, feature Burberry’s signature trench coat and tartan.
Is your marketing generating sales and profit for your business
You can start a successful marketing strategy with clear and defined objectives that will make you grow your business.
A well-crafted marketing strategy will:
✔︎ Free up valuable time for you
✔︎ Make you produce far less but better quality marketing campaign content
✔︎ It will increase sales, profit and brand equity
If you believe you have a creative, passionate and curious mind and you are seriously ready to grow your business, I invite you to craft a successful marketing strategy today!
I guarantee you will never return to the same way you were doing fashion marketing.
Need social media marketing training? Contact us today.
PLACES TO BUY LUXURY HIGH FASHION AT HALF PRICES
- Vinted is an online clothing and home goods marketplace. Vinted has some 45 million users (May 2021) who upload their items of clothes or home goods to sell or buy those uploaded by others. Users pay no fees for listing, but Vinted takes a “buyer protection” rate that is either between 3% and 8% of the cost of an item, or a direct cut (in the UK – between £0.03 and £0.08), depending on the value of the good. Vinted has operations across 13 markets — France, Germany, Belgium, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the UK and the USA.
- Depop is an online marketplace (web & app) to buy and sell unique fashion, Similar to Poshmark, Depop has 30+ million registered users in more than 150 countries. You can discover and celebrate your style on your terms, and feel good about your fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of fashion clothing, accessories and garments.
- Poshmark. Online marketplace for both cheap and luxury second-hand high fashion.
ORGANISATIONS HELPING WITH CLOTHING WASTE
- WornUp makes new things from old clothing. They up-cycle non-wearable uniforms and production offcuts and turn them into new things helping reduce textiles in a landfill.
⭐️ Trending today > The most popular fashion hashtags for Instagram
Professionally crafted Fashion Marketing strategies can make a luxury brand seem more expensive and attractive to consumers, which can help drive sales. Luxury branding and associations with top leaders in an industry also help high fashion companies stand out from their competitors and create preference, trust and a more memorable consumer experience.
eDigital can help you conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise successful digital marketing campaigns that generate leads and sales for your brand.
Our digital marketing services include:
- Strategic planning for social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Online advertising management and optimisation (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing).
- Marketing training: social media training and digital marketing training.
- SEO strategy and execution. Including content development (articles, stories, eye-catching and SEO-optimised visuals).
- Celebrity and influencer marketing campaign strategy.
- Brand development. Logo creation, brand personality development and design of marketing materials.
- Consumer contests/competitions/giveaways.
- Email marketing. Dip sequence design and deployment.
- Conversion rate optimisation. It is also called “path to purchase” optimisation.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing, help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you own, stir your team’s thinking, bring new ideas for new conversion paths and boost customer lifetime value.
WORLD’S TOP 20 HAUTE COUTURE FASHION BRANDS 2024 LIST
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants offering the best marketing strategy training and the best social media training. Top marketers use Mau’s popular Digital Marketing Plan and Social Media Plan templates.