AUSTRALIA’S 59 MOST POPULAR LOYALTY PROGRAMS BY MEMBERS IN 2024
Find below Australia’s 59 most popular loyalty programs by members in 2024. Find some of the best of Australia’s largest loyalty cards, loyalty programs’ details and phone numbers.
Brought to you by Mau, a Senior Loyalty program specialist at eDigital.
AUSTRALIA’S 59 LARGEST LOYALTY PROGRAMS & CARDS BY MEMBERS IN 2024
You are not alone!
Some of our best virtual assistants have discovered consumers love loyalty programs to get access to experiences money cannot buy while saving money using exclusive member discounts.
And, whether your customer service has not been that great or your brand is yet to meet your marketing objectives, optimising your rewards/loyalty program for your customers is a great way to increase brand preference and trust which ultimately will boost leads, sales, profits and brand equity.
eDigital newsletter > Join 5k+ subscribers and get proven successful marketing strategies and tips!
CONSUMERS LOVE LOYALTY PROGRAMS
Whether you are using the 4 p’s of the marketing mix model or another marketing strategy framework; rewards/loyalty programs are a powerful tool for the modern marketer as they will become part of your promotion strategy to increase sales and boost customer purchase frequency.
And from the customer point of view, there are a few fundamental reasons why people love loyalty/rewards programs:
- Make them feel they are saving money:
- Get the best and exclusive discounts and deals they would not get otherwise
- Get early access to sales.
- Get free shipping
- Make them feel they are special
- Get VIP or premium service.
- Receive exclusive gifts because of their total transaction value during the year.
For example, I recently completed two months on the ultimate driving Brisbane to Cairns road trip visiting top stops and I had the opportunity to use some of the few rewards programs I am a member of.
So before I started the epic road trip I made sure I had all the “rewards/loyalty” apps on my phone ready to be used as much as I could and save money, making the overall cost of my travel adventure less expensive.
One factor to keep in mind is that getting a VIP experience – early access and personalised recommendations – has become significantly more important according to a recent survey by Yotpo, a Loyalty and Rewards program company.
THE EVOLUTION OF LOYALTY PROGRAMS
Loyalty programs have evolved way beyond paper stamp cards giving you a free coffee every 10th purchase.
One example is shoe retailer Foot Locker’s program, FLX, which allows particularly big-spending members to exchange loyalty points for guaranteed spots in line to bag the latest releases before anyone else. Customers can also convert points into donations to charity. According to the Foot Locker, Q2 2021 Earnings Call, FLX has more than 25 million members, who spend 75% more than non-members with the retailer.
Not every business is as large as Foot Locker, of course. But being smaller doesn’t mean companies can’t offer similar schemes to their most loyal patrons.
This year, small businesses innovating in the loyalty and rewards space saw a big boost in investment.
According to CB Insights, State of Retail Tech Report Q2 ’21, funding to businesses that help broker loyalty programs increased nearly 60% in the second quarter of 2021 to $413 million, while the number of deals rose by 25%.
And it’s not just those who are funding businesses who have noticed the importance of loyalty programs and rewards. Those running them have, too. The number of mentions of ‘loyalty’, ‘reward’ and ‘personalised’ by executives in earnings calls remains high.
As to where the investment is going, there are now services that can build personalised programs using artificial intelligence (AI).
Loyalty platform Punchh (bought in April 2021 at a valuation of $500 million) is just one of many businesses professing to boost customer engagement through AI and the analysis of a huge range of data, from customers’ prior purchases to what kinds of messages they respond to.
⚡️ Trending > The top 25 most-followed Australians on TikTok
AUSTRALIA’S 59 LARGEST LOYALTY PROGRAMS & LOYALTY CARDS BY MEMBERS IN 2024
The below list includes some of Australia’s most popular loyalty/rewards programs and loyalty cards by members.
AIRLINE / TRAVEL LOYALTY PROGRAMS
Accor hotels offer its “All” Loyalty program. From luxurious to economical hotels, with over 3,960 hotels and 34 brands in 110 countries, the ALL loyalty program is designed to offer exclusive benefits and services to its members.
Accor Australia’s customer service number is: +61 2 8278 4189
Marketers are using > The best social media strategy template
Choose BP Points to redeem for dollars off at BP – 500 points give
you $5 off! Or use your points for David Jones eGift Cards.
BP Rewards Australia’s phone number is 1300 277 392 from Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm AEST
- Fast reservations and pickups. Just quote your Fastbreak number and your reservation and car will be ready.
- Fast Returns. Put the keys in the rental wallet, note the mileage and remaining fuel and drop it off.
- Fast Receipts. All receipts are found in your profile when you log into your Fastbreak account.
- Free additional drivers to share the drive with you, exclusive offers and discounts just for Fastbreak members
- Earn Qantas Points on eligible rentals.
Budget Australia Fastbrack loyalty phone number is: 1800 150 278
You will also like > The top 10 social media marketing trends right now
CLUB JETSTAR – FREQUENT FLYER PROGRAM
Club Jetstar is one of Australia’s most popular loyalty programs. Key benefits include:
- Member-only fares. Enjoy exclusive discounts on selected Starter and Business Class fares
- Partner offers. Great deals from our partners, tailored just for Club Jetstar members
- 20% off bags and seats. Discounts on bags and seat selection every time you fly
- Share the benefits. Discounts for you and up to 4 others when you book together
- Club Jetstar members can join the Qantas Frequent Flyer program for free, saving AUD$99.50
Jetstar loyalty card phone number: 131 538
Emirates award-winning frequent flyer programme costs nothing to join and will change the way you see the world forever. It’s simpler than ever before to apply and begin collecting more Miles more quickly in even more ways. Membership gives you the chance to earn and spend Miles with Emirates and Flydubai, as well as with their wide selection of partners.
Emirates skyward loyalty program phone number is:
HOTELS.COM REWARDS PROGRAM
Members can book 10 nights and get one night free. You choose how you collect 10 nights. Whether it’s a single stay or multiple trips, 10 nights add up fast. Collect nights at over 500,000 properties around the world. The value of your reward night is the average price of the 10 nights you collect. Redeem your reward* nights anytime. There are no blackout dates or restrictions. Redeem your reward nights at over 500,000 properties anytime, anywhere. From major hotel chains and beach resorts to boutiques, villas and apartments, all types of properties are included.
Hotels.com Australia Rewards program phone number is +61 02 8066 2606
Popular read > The world’s best 10 referral programs – list
- Earn points whether you’re booking a stay, dining, or relaxing at the spa.
- Enjoy offers, rewards and experiences.
- Earn and burn points with their airline, mobility, financial or ticketing partners.
The Marriot Bonvoy loyalty program offers you low rates, free in-room wi-fi and easy mobile check-ins. Whatever your travel style, the Marriot Bonvoy offers an extraordinary portfolio of 30 luxurious retreats and hotels around the globe.
Marriott is hiring TikTok creators for its Bonvoy rewards program called TikTok Travel Tribe: A group of travel influencers posting fun short-form videos including @camsoutravel (France), @Katlego_masupa (South Africa), @bennetbehnke (Germany) and @travellingtuesdays (UK). These travel influencers on TikTok will help Marriot get more members to their rewards program by posting fun travel videos with some of the top 15 most popular travel hashtags on TikTok.
P&O CRUISES – PENINSULAR PROGRAM
I am not a real fan of cruise ships as they tend to waste a lot of food. Some cabins do not even offer windows and you are literally wasting your holiday time on a moving shopping mall. But if you love P&O Cruises, it is ok, members of the P&O Cruises Peninsular Club benefit from an additional 5% discount on selected cruises.
QANTAS FREQUENT FLYER
With the Qantas Frequent Flyer loyalty program, you can earn Qantas points in many different ways, not only travel. Whether it’s shopping, dining out, using a credit card, or travelling, They have got hundreds of partners to choose from. There are also many ways to use your Qantas points for flights, upgrades, hotel stays, car hire, gourmet food and wine, and products from their Qantas Shopping Rewards Store. Members can also earn great “Status” services: the more you fly, the quicker you will move from Bronze to Platinum One, and the faster you’ll enjoy benefits like priority boarding and Status-only lounge access.
Qantas Frequent Flyer loyalty card and vaccine reward program phone number: 131 131
REX BUSINESS FLYER
Rex is a regional Australian airline that offers a popular loyalty rewards program. You can earn points on Rex flights booked and flown. Earn two (2) Reward Flights (exclusive of taxes and charges) for every eighteen flights flown.
THRIFTY BLUE CHIP
- Faster bookings. A dedicated Blue Chip hotline, 1300 365 564, for fast bookings or book a rental car online with your Blue Chip number and last name.
- Priority counters. Jump the queue and get on the road faster.
- Express pickup. Go straight to the car. Available at Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide Airports. Thrifty will have your name in lights directing you to your rental with all the paperwork on the front seat.
- Exclusive offers. Access exclusive promotions, prize draws and incentives.
- Rewards for loyalty. The more you rent, the more benefits you receive.
- Corporate Affiliation. If your company rents with Thrifty, then Thrifty will apply your rates to be attached to your member profile.
VIRGIN AUSTRALIA VELOCITY
Virgin Australia loyalty program invites members to earn points through travel, petrol and certain bills. Quite a complex loyalty program is not easy to understand. Plus the status credit is only valid for 12 months.
If I was a customer I would say to Virgin Australia:
“Do not make me think, make it easy to use the reward points, please”.
Virgin Australia Velocity card phone number: 131 875
WORLD OF HYATT
- Save up to 10% with Member Rate.
- Enjoy exclusive member-only offers
- Earn points quickly on stays, dining, spa services and FIND experiences.
- Use points for free nights with no blackout dates at Hyatt hotels.
- Enjoy a free night award after staying at 5 different Hyatt brands
“CRM specialists, Customer Retention executives and loyalty managers who can optimise large volumes of customer segments’ data to increase sales are in high demand by our clients. Loyalty program strategy, usage of customer retention tools, transforming customer purchase data into insights and integrating customer loyalty software into a marketing toolkit are the most sought-after skills in loyalty marketing”
BANKING LOYALTY PROGRAMS
CBA AWARDS CREDIT CARDS
The largest credit card rewards program of any bank in Australia. Members can earn bonus points when they make purchases with their Awards credit card at one of their partners. No expiry on points earned. Redeem exclusively in-store at Myer and Flight Centre, or choose from over 1,000 items on the Awards site – including Gift Cards, electronics, appliances and cashback. Members can use CBA’s online platform: NetBank or the CommBank app to check or redeem points.
CBA Awards loyalty card phone number: 131 661
BEAUTY/MEDICAL LOYALTY PROGRAMS
Regular cosmetics and skincare products discounts, free services after 5 visits, a birthday freebie and more.
PRICELINE SISTER CLUB
Their “Sister Club” earn points and get vouchers, a gift on your birthday and some exclusive discounts.
Strawberrynet offers promotions and discounts on skincare products, haircare, makeup and perfumes. You get a cash bonus when you sign up too.
GROCERIES / DEPARTMENT STORES LOYALTY PROGRAMS
ONE PASS (CLUB CATCH)
$40/year. Not free. Free shipping on Club Catch products when you purchase eligible products with no minimum spend – simply look for the ‘Club Catch Free Shipping’ logo on thousands of products across the site. Exclusive weekly deals & savings.
COLES FLYBUYS LOYALTY PROGRAM
Coles’ Flybuys is one of Australia’s most popular loyalty programs with 8+ million members. You can collect points to convert into cash or shop with their catalogue. You also get coupons mailed to you and special offers emailed to you. You can collect points from shopping, special offers and certain credit cards. Coles Flybuys phone number: 13 11 16
Monthly specials, free shipping over $50 and other discounts.
Dan Murphy’s loyalty card phone number 1300 723 388 no longer answers enquiries. You need to their online chat on their website.
Join David Jones Rewards and receive access to exclusive offers, events, rewards and a birthday gift. Plus, each month you’ll have the chance to win one of five David Jones gift cards worth $1,000 each. Every purchase gives you an entry into the draw, just remember to scan your membership barcode in-store or log in to your account when shopping online.
HOWARDS STORAGE WORLD
Free $10 when you join plus for every $200 spent.
IGA supermarkets in Australia offer exclusive offers to save money when buying your groceries. IGA loyalty card phone number: +61 2 9741 3000. IGA Rewards loyalty program includes:
- Member Specials. Save on great member deals at your IGA every day!
- Automatic entry. Automatic entry into prize draws at your IGA.
- Travel Deals. Fantastic Member-only exclusive travel deals.
- Personalised offers. Your personalised offers are emailed weekly.
Exclusive offers, events and discounts in-store. Ikea Australia loyalty card phone numbers:
VIC/TAS 03 8523 2154
ACT/NSW 02 8020 6641
QLD/NT 07 3380 6800
SA 08 8234 3333
WA 08 8234 3944
MYER ONE PROGRAM
Earn points when you shop to convert to cash to use on your shopping later. Myer rewards loyalty card phone number no longer answers calls.
Earn money on certain purchases to use on future shopping trips. Woolworth’s everyday rewards phone number: 1300 10 1234
FASHION/CLOTHING LOYALTY PROGRAMS
The Athlete’s Foot – MyFit Rewards. Receive 1 point for every dollar spent. Reach 300 points and earn a $30 voucher. Enjoy first access to VIP sales, promotions and events.
Bonds – 20% off all purchases.
BrasNThings – special discounts.
Country Road – depending on how much you spend you get birthday vouchers, anniversary vouchers, discounts and more.
Kathmandu Summit Club: 2.2 million members
HOBBIES/ENTERTAINMENT LOYALTY PROGRAMS
Event Cinemas – see 6 movies, get one free!
Hoyts – costs $12 for a free movie ticket instantly, discounts each week, earn free movies and more.
Most views today > How to create an employee Influencer program
RESTAURANTS / FOOD / TAKEAWAY LOYALTY PROGRAMS
- Boost Juice – 11th juice is free, free juice on your birthday, exclusive offers.
- Gong Cha tea stores. Buy ten drinks and get one for free.
- Grill’d Relish. Download the latest version of the Grill’d app and click on the Relish section to access great promotions.
- Hardrock Cafe – Birthday freebie and other offers.
- Ikea – Ikea Family offers lots of discounts plus a free small cake for members on their birthday.
- Jamaica Blue – Free slice of cake on your birthday plus get discounts.
- KFC Rewards Arcade: A Finger Lickin’ Good Loyalty Programme.
- McDonald’s Promos and Rewards. Download the latest version of the Maccas app and click on the “Rewards and Deals” section to access great promotions.
- Nandos – Gives you a whole meal on your birthday plus perks as you collect points. You have to pick up a card in-store and then activate it online.
- Noodle Box – $10 for noodles on your birthday and 10% of whatever you spend is turned into noodle dollars to convert to meals.
- Oporto – Enjoy a meal on them for your birthday, get a $5 voucher when you register plus collect points for more offers.
- Red Rooster – A free meal on your birthday and $5 voucher when you register and other rewards.
- Spudbar – Gives you a free spud on your birthday plus every 11th spud is free.
- Starbucks – Welcome offers, freebies and a free birthday drink.
- Sumo Salad – Free salad on your birthday, $5 off your next salad when you join and earn points to get free salads.
- The Coffee Club – It costs $25 a year. The perks are buying one get one free hot drink every day, 10% off Monday to Wednesday plus a free drink when you sign up and on your birthday.
- The Pancake Parlour – Free pancake for Victorians.
- Wok it Up – 1 point for every $1 spent to put towards free noodles plus a free noodle box on your birthday.
- Zambrero – loyalty card you pick up in-store and get your 10th bowl, burrito or nachos free.
Popular read > The most popular takeaway food in Australia
TELCO / TELECOMMUNICATIONS /MOBILE / INTERNET LOYALTY PROGRAMS
FOXTEL FIRST PROGRAM
Are there still people wasting their money with Foxtel?
Trying to catch up with Netflix, Foxtel launched what they call “Foxtel First program”.
Nothing new, nothing amazing, just another free loyalty program trying to convey that you will watch movies first and be the first to access events and experiences as if you would not expect that anyway as a paying customer.
From 30th April 2021, Optus perks retired.
The new home for HOYTS discounted tickets is through My Optus app.
Once you’re in the app, tap on Offers and scroll to the bottom of the page. Scroll across and you should see the HOYTS banner at the end.
Optus customer service phone number: 133 937
TOYS AND CHILDREN’S LOYALTY PROGRAMS
Toys’R’Us exclusive events, discounts and even a birthday freebie.
Marketers are reading > This year’s top 10 graphic design trends
OTHER AUSTRALIA’S POPULAR LOYALTY PROGRAMS
Bunnings PowePass Receive a range of exclusive offers, benefits, services and support that will save you time and money to help you get your job done. You’ll have access to dedicated sales support, receive updates and information, invitations to Trade Events as well as customised pricing and special offers on the widest range of products from any Bunnings store or Trade Centre. Download the PowerPass app, and access self-checkout, e-receipts, product finder and the ability to create job lists for quicker and easier shopping.
Dusk Rewards – costs $10 to join for 2 years and gives you 10% off full-priced items and 5% off discounted items, 50% off shipping and exclusive rewards.
SpotLight – $10 welcome voucher. $10 off on your birthday and other discounts are sent to you.
SuperCheap Auto Club Plus
Subscribing to the Supercheap loyalty card costs $5 and you get $10 store credit instantly plus other discounts and receipt free warranty which is great for car tools, car batteries etc.
- Check out some interesting insights from the “For Love or Money 2019“ research study taking the pulse on customer loyalty and loyalty programs in Australia by The Point of Loyalty.
Need training on how to boost your leads and sales online and increase conversions? Contact us today!
eDigital specialises in creating successful digital marketing campaigns for.
We can conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise:
- Loyalty program strategy
- Content monetisation opportunities
- Google Ads (Search, Display and re-marketing)
- Social media campaigns (Instagram ads, TikTok ads, etc)
- Consumer contests/competitions
- Content strategies including articles, stories and eye-catching visuals
- Influencer partnerships to amplify your campaigns, offers and promotions
We can also train your team on how to optimise your marketing with the latest trends, tools, tips and best practices.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital’s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing campaigns and help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you fully own. The training will stir up your team’s thinking and bring new ideas to activate new conversion paths and effectively boost customer lifetime value.
AUSTRALIA’S MOST POPULAR LOYALTY PROGRAMS AND CARDS IN 2024 – LIST
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants. Mau can help you lower customer acquisition costs and paid media dependency through custom training and strategy sessions. Mau‘s popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates are used by top marketers.