THE BEST TIME TO POST ON INSTAGRAM IN 2024
Find the best days & times to post on Instagram in 2024. Best posting time for likes. Get more followers for your business by posting at the most optimal time. The top posting days and times tips from top social media experts.
Brought to you by Mau, a Senior Instagram Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
Trending today > The best time to post on TikTok
The below findings and insights will help you post at the best time on Instagram, increase the likelihood of engagement (likes, comments, shares) and get new followers.
THE BEST TIME TO POST ON INSTAGRAM FOR 2024
Before you find the best time to post on Instagram, let me tell you something you probably have been turning a blind eye to…
Instagram is not helping your business
- Instagram is a “money extraction” machine. Their business model is made to make money from you.
- The Instagram algorithm has been deliberately designed to lower your organic reach so you have to pay for ads to reach your followers. That’s why only 2% of your followers may see your posts (If you are lucky!)
- You keep trying to build an audience on Instagram you will never own.
- You cannot transfer your hard-earned Instagram followers to your CRM.
- Your customer acquisition costs from Instagram ads are through the roof.
I can offer you marketing strategy training that will help you:
- Lower customer acquisition costs.
- Minimise dependency on paid media.
- Build a marketing engine with marketing assets and channels you fully own.
- Craft the best digital marketing plan and social media strategy that boosts sales and customer lifetime value.
What is the most optimal time to post on Instagram in 2024?
THE BEST TIME TO POST ON INSTAGRAM IN 2024
Anna Sonnenberg from Agora Pulse suggests Wednesday is the best day to post on Instagram, and late morning between 10 and 11 a.m, is the ideal time to schedule your posts. However, you don’t have to limit your Instagram posts to Wednesday mornings only. Instagram engagement tends to remain high from Tuesday through Thursday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Popular read > The best post-scheduling tools for Instagram
- When your greatest number of followers are active on the platform (find it on Instagram Insights)
- When your brand is most relevant for your most valuable customer segments.
These two data points will give you an idea of your optimal posting times, which you can then test and refine.
If you post at random times you won’t get much engagement. You should post at the time your followers and audiences are more likely to be active. You don’t want your content to go unnoticed. Generally, during the day a lot of engagement seems to be happening. But to know for sure you have to dig deeper and research. You can do this by creating multiple content pieces and posting them at different times of the day.
A starting point would be to post during the daytime between 12 to 3 pm. Studies have found that a lot of engagement happens during this period.
What is the best time to post on Instagram?
According to Falcon, the best time for posting on Instagram is 11 am to 1 pm and 5 pm.
Your best bet on Instagram is to plan around people’s workdays. Users scroll through images, videos and stories on the platform for bits of bite-sized content they can engage with during the moments they’re not at work such as lunchtime or right after work when commuting back home or heading to the gym or just chilling at home before heading out for dinner. Runner-up: 2 AM – There’s little competition from other brands and a lot of late-night Instagram scrolling going on.
You will also like > The top 25 most-followed Aussies on Instagram
Hopper has analysed tens of millions of posts made by accounts across 70+ countries and found out the best time to post on Instagram depends on the day:
- Monday to Friday
- 7am – 9am (morning commute)
12 pm – 2 pm (lunch hours)
5 pm – 6 pm (end of the workday)
9pm – 11pm (bedtime scrolling)
- 7am – 9am (morning commute)
- Saturday & Sunday
- 9 am – 11 am
- 2pm – 5pm
The best time to post on Instagram is different for each industry.
- Education: Thursday 4 pm to 5 pm
- Food & Alcohol: Friday at 12 pm
- Media & Entertainment: Tuesdays to Thursdays from 12 pm to 3 pm
- Non-profit: Tuesday at 4 pm or 10 am
- Non-retail eCommerce: Thursday at 9 pm or 4 pm
- Personal care, beauty and skincare: Friday and Thursday at 1, 2, or 3 pm
- Pharma & Healthcare: Wednesday and Sunday at 9 am
- Professional services: Friday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at 9 am or 10 am
- Retail: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 12 pm
- Technology: Monday and Tuesday at 2 pm
- Travel and Tourism: Friday from 9 am to 1 pm
Later analysed 35 million Instagram posts and found that the best time to post on Instagram, in general, is 6 AM your local time. The best times to post on Instagram per day are:
- Monday: 5 AM
- Tuesday: 6 AM
- Wednesday: 6 AM
- Thursday: 5 AM
- Friday: 6 AM
- Saturday: 6 AM
- Sunday: 6 AM
⭐️ Popular read > The best time to post on TikTok
Instagram engagement is fairly steady, with slight increases on Monday and decreases on Sunday. Overall, though, any day of the week is good. According to Neil Patel, who noted that weekday engagement was fairly similar, the same could be said for time of day. Most Instagram users engage with Instagram content more during off-work hours than during the workday.
The only thing that matters for Instagram is consistency in posting. Changing frequency, mainly from the higher side to a lower one can make things difficult for you and you will start losing followers and engagement per post. Therefore, if you are planning to use Instagram to carry out marketing and advertising campaigns, we would suggest you select a number that you can do justice to and be consistent.
Sendible “Smart Posts” feature has the benefit you can simply queue your messages to publish at the same time throughout the week without having to worry about when the best time is for posting.
Fran Saraco, a writer for the Shopify blog suggests that you should post when your followers are the most active. If you click on the Instagram Audience tab in your Insights and scroll all the way down, you’ll see a small section showing you when your followers are online. You can view this information by day of the week or by the hour. You’ll want to test out specific posting times to see what actually works best for you. Maybe posting right before a big surge of activity will work best for your account, or maybe you’ll find that it’s better to post right after a surge starts.
Business owners are reading > The best 10 graphic design trends for this year
Social Media contest tool ShortStack follows HubSpot’s advice on the best time to post on Instagram is between 10 AM and 3 PM CDT. The level of engagement you get can change dramatically depending on what day of the week you post. The best days to post on Instagram are Wednesday throughout the day, but particularly around 11 AM, and Friday from 10 AM to 11 AM.
Popular this week > The world’s top 25 most-followed sports athletes on Instagram
Social Pilot recommends the best time to post on Instagram is between 6 am and 11 am (PST).
Elizabeth Arens from Sprout Social suggests the below posting times for Instagram:
- Best times to post on Instagram: Tuesday 11 a.m.- 2 p.m., Monday through Friday 11 a.m.
- Best day: Tuesday
- Worst day: Sunday
Kristen Dahlin, the Content Marketing Manager and her team at Tailwind analysed 1.8 million posts during 3 months to determine the best (and worst!) times to post on Instagram.
According to Tailwind’s data, the best time to post on Instagram for engagement globally is 6 AM UTC. This is peak time for both likes and comments!
Tailwind’s SmartSchedule can help you easily choose the optimal time to post each day so you can reach as many followers as possible and makes personalised recommendations about when to post for your Instagram account.
Marketers are reading > The top 10 social media marketing trends
A Forbes article argues that the frequency of posts doesn’t matter as much as the quality of the post and the consistency with which you post. Whether you post every hour or just once per week, a consistent posting cadence will keep your audience engaged. Accounts that abruptly decrease post frequency lose followers quickly.
These general trends may not align with when your audience is engaged with your brand on Instagram. When you collect social data, start by aligning your posts with these general guidelines and adjust your schedule accordingly, based on the level of engagement generated during various times of the day. The general consensus seems to be that there really isn’t a true best day and time to post on Instagram, the argument being that Instagram engagement depends on many factors, including industry, the type of content shared, or posting frequency.
Just in > The best apps for Instagram stories
Did all the above options confuse you?
I hear you.
Below are my top conclusions and best tips you should do to find the best days and times to post on Instagram to reach the right audience:
- Check out Instagram insights to find out the most popular days and times your followers are using Instagram.
- To have access to Instagram Insights data for your account, you will have to have a Business Instagram account (different than an individual account), then click on the graph symbol at the top, then scroll down to the “Followers” section, then click on “See more”, then scroll down to the graph where you can see the average times and days that your followers are most active on Instagram.
- Check your Google Analytics and find the days and times people visit your website. This will give you an indication and some testing ground to find the best time to post on Instagram.
- Did you notice any correlation between Google Analytics data and Instagram Insights data? is there any day and time that hits website visitation and Instagram activity? You might want to test it! 🙂
- For example, if your main Instagram audience is based in Australia, test different key times during the day when people are generally free. 8 am (while they commute to work), 12:15 pm (lunch break) and 5:30 pm (returning home)
- Sunday nights are a good time to remind people about your upcoming week’s offers, promotions or discounts. Test sending a post around Sunday 8:00 to 9:00 pm when people are generally relaxing and getting ready and planning their week ahead.
- Consider the times your customer service phone lines are available as potential customers might call you or send you an email after watching a post published on your social media channels.
⚡️ Most read today > The best time to post on TikTok
Need training on how to boost your leads and sales online and increase conversions? Contact us today!
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital’s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing campaigns and help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you fully own. The training will stir up your team’s thinking and bring new ideas to activate new conversion paths and effectively boost customer lifetime value.
THE BEST DAYS AND TIMES TO POST ON INSTAGRAM IN 2024
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants helping marketers like you lower customer acquisition costs and paid media dependency through custom training and strategy sessions. Mau‘s popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates are used by thousands of marketers.