CONVERSATION PRISM 5.0 – GRAPH SOCIAL MEDIA
Find below and download for free the Conversation Prism 5.0 by Brian Solis.
Brought to you by Mau, a Senior Digital Marketing Specialist and social media training facilitator at eDigital.
CONVERSATION PRISM 5.0 – GRAPH SOCIAL MEDIA
Click on the Conversation Prism 5.0 image below to see the full size and download it.
Popular today > Download the Conversation Prism high-resolution
It comes down to “experience” architecture. People need to design new ways of doing or seeing things so the outcomes become wonderful experiences that people didn’t know were possible. This field is for anybody who wants to re-create themselves as a relevant strategist or expert in the future.
Before you dive into the prism, let me tell you something you have probably been ignoring:
SOCIAL MEDIA IS NOT HELPING MARKETERS
- Organic posts are reaching an average of 1% of your followers. Crazy!
- Marketers keep trying so hard to build audiences on social media platforms they do not even own.
- Marketers cannot transfer their hard-earned followers to their own CRM or another platform.
- Customer acquisition costs from social media ads are through the roof.
I offer exclusive marketing strategy training that will show you how to:
- Lower customer acquisition costs.
- Minimise dependency on paid media.
- Build a marketing engine with marketing assets and channels you fully own.
- Craft the best digital marketing plan and social media strategy that boosts sales and customer lifetime value.
CONVERSATION PRISM CATEGORIES – LIST
Some of the companies listed on the conversation prism no longer work. The Conversation Prism 5.0 includes 28 categories:
1. Connecting IRL
2. Social Networks
4. Expert Q &A
6. Social Commerce
7. Social Streams
9. Niche working
10. Enterprise messaging
12. Discussion & Forums
13. Business networking
14. Service networking
15. Review & Ratings
16. Social curation
Please note that break.com, liveleak and Vine no longer work.
Check out this list to find the top current and most popular online video platforms.
18. Content networking
23. Social bookmark
25. Quantify self
28. Travel and hospitality
Trending > The Best Social Media Strategy template
WHAT IS THE CONVERSATION PRISM 5.0?
Social media continues to shape marketing communications to this day. The latest social media platforms, tools and trends have changed how we share, discover, and connect with other people and brands.
Furthermore, it’s still evolving, spreading, and becoming increasingly invasive in people’s lives.
To capture the state of the social landscape, Brian Solis partnered up with JESS3 in 2008. Then, they created the Conversation Prism.
The Conversation Prism is a graphic chart of conversations between people on online networks.
Every few years, Solis and JESS3 update the Prism as new entrants become popular in the social media landscape.
The Conversation Prism 5.0 which was created in 2017 was the first update in four years. The 4.0 version was established in 2013. 5.0 is available as a free download.
Take your marketing career to the next level > The best market research ideas for a PhD
Are marketers still interested in the Social Media Conversation Prism?
The answer is an overwhelming YES!
The History of Conversation Prism
In 2008, Solis and JESS3 published the first iteration of the Conversation Prism. It was the same year when social media was exploding and would change everything about how we communicate with people, with brands and with the government.
Version 1.0 was a visual map of relevant networks. The first version of the prism was a vital exploration of digital ethnography. Then, they documented all the established and emerging social networks.
Version 2 was organised according to how people used each one of them in everyday life. Fast forward to 2017, and we have Conversation Prism 5.0.
Breaking Down the “Prism”
The Conversation Prism is a visualisation of a cycle of renewal. Comprised of four concentric circles (halos), each one of them builds upon the other.
The Prism is designed to help marketers understand and appreciate the state of social media and how it’s evolving.
The prism helps marketers understand how some of the new and latest social media platforms and trends play a defining and productive role in shaping how people, educational organisations, businesses, and governments build mutually beneficial communities and engage.
Marketers are watching > The best “generation names and years” chart
The centre of the prism
First, the centre of the Conversation Prism is the user, or “You” It reminds us that people and their online experiences are at the centre of the social landscape. We are the ones who shape our online lessons as well as the experiences of others. Social media is more than just a series of online networks.
- Halo 1. The first halo shows how to add value to social networks and the online experiences of other people. We do this by listening, learning, engaging, and co-creating.
- Halo 2. The second ring helps us understand how to think about the impact of meaningful engagement. It’s measured by the Reach, Relevance, and Resonance (the 3Rs). It also includes Social Capital, Popularity, and Influence.
- Halo 3. The third halo is the manifestation of your engagement. How you engage and what others take away becomes your persona, brand, and the basis for your community.
About the Conversation Prism
The Conversation Prism is one of the first social media infographics that was created and went viral.
It represents an ongoing study in digital ethnography that keeps track of social media history and promising social networks.
There are significant changes between versions 4.0 and 5.0. The creators removed 84 companies and added 141 apps and networks. Also, they added four new categories – Messaging, Crowdfunding, Travel and Hospitality, and Connecting IRL.
The most significant addition is the Messaging functionality. It’s now a behaviour that permeated through generations.
Younger generations see TikTok, Instagram and Snapchat as their top social network. As for the older generations, they still define Facebook as their primary network.
The Conversation Prism has been featured in thousands of presentations, books, and classrooms.
Also, it’s been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times.
How to use the Conversation Prism
The halos are designed to work together. It can help marketers improve their social media strategy and achieve their business goals, all to develop:
- The way you work.
- How you build relationships.
- Your ability to create better products and services.
Also, you can use it:
- To brainstorm new ways to benefit from social media.
- For creating online conversations.
- To study the social media landscape and trends when planning your social media strategies.
- As a tool for content creation.
It can also help you answer who the decision-makers in our new economy are and what they are doing or how this new social media tech stack actively participates in online conversations.
The new Conversation Prism is a visual map of the social media platforms landscape.
The latest Conversation Prism graph is an ongoing study in digital ethnography that tracks dominant and promising social networks and organises them by how they’re used in everyday life.
eDigital can help you conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise successful marketing campaigns that generate leads and sales for your brand.
The services we offer include:
- Strategic planning for social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Online advertising management and optimisation (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing).
- Marketing training: social media training and digital marketing training.
- SEO strategy and execution. Including content development (articles, stories, eye-catching and SEO-optimised visuals).
- Celebrity and influencer marketing campaign strategy.
- Brand development. Logo creation, brand personality development and design of marketing materials.
- Consumer contests/competitions/giveaways.
- Email marketing. Dip sequence design and deployment.
- Conversion rate optimisation. Also called “path to purchase” optimisation.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing campaigns and help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you fully own. The training will stir your team’s thinking and bring new ideas to activate new conversion paths and boost customer lifetime value.
CONVERSATION PRISM 5.0
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants and facilitator of eDigital‘s best marketing strategy training and best social media training. Mau‘s popular Digital Marketing Plan and Social Media Plan templates are used by top marketers.