GEN ALPHA YEARS
Find below gen alpha years. Learn Generation Alpha’s age range and top most important implications and opportunities for marketers.
Brought to you by Mau, a Senior Digital Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
GEN ALPHA YEARS
Gen Alpha was born from about 2011 until 2025.
Generation Alpha is the first full digital native generation who is growing up with smartphones, tablets, augmented reality and virtual reality devices.
Quickly approaching adulthood, Gen Alphas are much different than Gen Z and old Millenials.
By 2030, the oldest members of Generation Alpha will reach purchasing age.
Marketers and interested in Gen Alpha to better understand their behaviours and feelings so brands can start preparing (and looking in that rearview mirror, the timeline is quickly approaching).
Trending > The best generations’ years and names chart
GENERATION ALPHA YEAR RANGE
Gen alpha year rage: 2011 to 2025
Gen Alpha are people who were born between the years 2011 and 2025.
GEN ALPHA CHARACTERISTICS
Some of the most popular characteristics of Generation Alpha are:
- Generation Alpha are the children of millennials.
- Gen Alpha is the first generation born entirely within the 21st century.
- Gen Alphas have birth dates starting in 2011, so the majority of this generational cohort are still sporting diapers, teething or have not even made it to the womb yet.
- Gen Alpha was born just a few years after Instagram and the iPad were launched, they are digital savvy in large part out of necessity due to online learning during the pandemic.
- Gen Alpha will reach a total of 2 billion people worldwide by the time the youngest people are born in 2025.
- Gen Alpha will be prone to impatience when things don’t satisfy their needs quickly. Already-plummeting attention spans have reached a new low with Alphas.
- Alphas are obsessed with learning, always memorising content: ie educational songs online or repeating complex facts they have learnt from their iPads.
- Alphas see gaming as an opportunity for creation. They believe it’s a time to express themselves in ways like building unique new worlds and leveraging the games to foster their imagination. It’s not a method of escape but a method of making dreams come to life in a virtual setting.
- Gen Alpha are going to take that baton and keep running even farther from Gen Z on openness and conversations about important issues like mental health and social change. Brand authenticity will be of the utmost importance to Alphas.
- Alphas demand a level of personalisation that few brands are ready to deliver today.
Note: Gen Alpha could become a bunch of tech addicts, only interacting via friends’ approval on social media, or they could push back and rebel against the internet’s influence in every aspect of their lives and look back at how much time they spend online with real confusion.
Hot read > The top 10 Gen Z characteristics
HOW TO MARKET TO GEN ALPHA
Some of the most important implications for marketers about this new generation alpha are:
- Gen Alpha will expect the same interactive, responsive experiences from every brand.
- If Gen Alpha consumers are using AR to choose their products, then they will expect the same experience in all verticals.
- Higher pull for multiculturalism and even further disintegration of gender norms.
- 81 per cent of these Millenial parents said the habits of their children (Alphas) influenced their last purchase. Source: “Understanding Generation Alpha” Study by OnePoll.
- Gen Alphas are also expected to be the longest-living generation as well as the wealthiest, according to Grant Thornton.
THE TOP 5 BRANDS LOVED BY GEN ALPHA
According to a new survey, the top 5 brands loved by Gen Alpha are:
THE TOP 5 GEN ALPHA SLANG WORDS
Gen Alpha (The children of millennials) have started a generational rite of passage – using their slang terms and memes, and bamboozling their elders in the process.
Some of the top 5 Gen Alpha slang words include:
- Gyat: big butt
- Rizzler: a good person
- Skibidi: toliet or blow job. Became a viral term after Dafuq!?Boom! creepy and sickening video, you probably do not want your Alpha kids to watch it.
- Fanum tax: must share food with your friends. Refers to Fanum, a popular Twitch streamer who regularly appears online with Mr Cenat. Fanum’s friends have to share their food with him. That’s the Fanum tax.
- Sigma: A leader or a dominant person.
Hopefully, millennials do not start saying them, otherwise, Alphas will be like:
“We’re done with these now”
Generation Alpha presents a great business opportunity for marketers to engage with a digitally fluent and socially conscious generation.
By understanding Gen Alpha’s years, preferences, behaviours and values, marketers can design their marketing strategies to create impactful and long-lasting campaigns.
eDigital can help you conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise successful Gen Alpha marketing campaigns that generate leads and sales for your brand.
Our digital marketing services include:
- Strategic planning for social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Online advertising management and optimisation (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing).
- Marketing training: social media training and digital marketing training.
- SEO strategy and execution. Including content development (articles, stories, eye-catching and SEO-optimised visuals).
- Celebrity and influencer marketing campaign strategy.
- Brand development. Logo creation, brand personality development and design of marketing materials.
- Consumer contests/competitions/giveaways.
- Email marketing. Dip sequence design and deployment.
- Conversion rate optimisation. It is also called “path to purchase” optimisation.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing, help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you own, stir your team’s thinking, bring new ideas for new conversion paths and boost customer lifetime value.
GENERATION ALPHA YEARS
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants and facilitator of eDigital‘s best marketing strategy training and best social media training. Top marketers use Mau’s popular Digital Marketing Plan and Social Media Plan templates.