WHAT IS THE GOOGLE DISPLAY NETWORK
In order to understand what the Google Display network is, you need to understand what the Google Network is.
THE GOOGLE NETWORK
The Google Network can connect you with customers at the exact moment they’re engaged in an online activity connected to what you offer, like searching for your product, reading a blog about your industry, or watching a related video on YouTube. Below are the three big buckets of places where your can show ads to your potential and current customers:
- Google Search Network (Text ads that appear above Google Search results). Google Search ads can also can appear on Google Maps results, Google Shopping results, Google Play.
- Google Search Partners Network: Your ads (both text and image ads) can show on other non-Google search websites that are the Google Search network.
- Youtube Advertising (via Pre, middle and Post roll ads)
- Google Display Network of publisher sites ( they are thousands! – including this eDigital website – that’s why you see ads on this page). It far more attention grabbing visuals (image/video ads) than the Search Network to match your ads to related websites. The Google Display networks lets you target your ads to specific websites (called placements), specific topics, or specific audiences. The Google Display ads can also appear on Google sites such as: Blogger, Youtube and Gmail.
The meaning and importance of the Google Display Network for any size of business is crucial as they do not only depend on a sales team or foot traffic but also allows them to reach potential customers on the web.
TOP BENEFITS OF USING THE GOOGLE DISPLAY NETWORK
- Connect with Prospective Customers when it matters. The Google Display Network has an innovative targeting system that helps your business show your ads to the right audience, in the right place, at the right time. Your business can use keywords, location, demographics, and more to target your prospective clients.
- You control and decide your daily budget. You have complete control over your Google Display network budget. You choose how much you spend per month, per day, and per ad. There’s no minimum.
- Free and great tools to improve performance. You have real time access to data showing how many people see your business ads, what percentage of them click to visit your website, and even how many click to call you. With the Google Display Network tracking tools and reports, you can even see the actual sales your website is generating as a direct result of your Adwords ads. If you want to change your strategy, you can tweak your ads, delete or try new keywords, or pause your campaign and re-start it whenever you’d like.
ABOUT GOOGLE AD FORMATS
Choosing the correct ad format for your campaign can ensure your ad is the most relevant and actionable for a particular customer at that moment. Some of the Adwords ad format options include:
- Text ads: The most common kind of Search ad includes a descriptive headline, website URL, and descriptive text like a call-to-action. Text ads show on the Google Search Network and Google Display Network.
- Ads with extensions: Ad extensions provide additional information to your text ad such as your business’s address or phone number. Ads with extensions can show on the Google Search Network and the Google Display Network (depending on the extension).
- Video Ads: They can be a standalone video ad or a video ad that runs inside another streaming video. Video ads can show on the Google Search Partners Network (not the Google Search Network) and Google Display Network.
- App promotion ads: App promotion ads send your users to an app store to download your app, or include a deep link directly into your app. App promotion ads show on the Google Search Network and Google Display Network.
- Shopping ads: Shopping ads contain an image, text with product and pricing information. They’re ideal if you’re managing a large inventory of products. Shopping ads do NOT show on the Google Display Network, they only show on the Google Search Network.
- Call only ads: Call-only ads allow your customers to call your business directly by clicking on your ad. They’re useful for driving phone calls to your business from devices that can make calls. Call only ads do NOT show on the Google Display Network; they show only on the Google Search Network.
- Image ads: Image ads capture people’s attention as they browse websites. Image ads show in the Google Display Network and Google Search Partners Network (not the Google Search Network).
- Rich Media ads: Rich media ads are engaging ad formats that often include animation or other types of motion. Rich Media ads show on the Google Display Network.
- Find out about our Adwords Management and Optimisation services.
- What is Adwords
- About the Google Search Network
- About the Google Display Network
POPULAR EDIGITAL CONTENT
MOST POPULAR TEMPLATES
- Digital Marketing Plan Template
- Free Mobile App Development Brief Template
- Strategic Marketing Plan Template
- Creative Photography Brief Template
- Social Media Marketing Plan Template
- Social Media Policy Template
- Video Monetisation Brief Template
- Website Development Brief Template
TOP VISITED PAGES
- App Builders / Makers Tools – The List
- Best Marketing Consultants in Sydney
- Best Social Media Influencer Platforms
- Digital Marketing Tools
- Google Analytics Audit
- Best Google Analytics Tools
- Google Analytics Training
- How to get Instagram followers fast and free
- Best Instagram Tools
- Top Pinterest Tools
- SEO Company Sydney
- SEO Services Sydney
- Social Media Courses in Sydney – The list
- Best Social Media Tools
- Top Digital Marketing Tools
- Top Best SEO tools
COURSES PEOPLE ARE ENJOYING
- Blogging Courses
- Content Marketing Courses
- Digital Marketing Courses
- Facebook Marketing Courses
- Google Adwords Courses
- Google Analytics & other Web Analytics Courses
- Google Plus Marketing Courses
- Growth Hacking Marketing Courses
- Instagram Marketing Courses
- Internet Marketing Courses
- Linkedin Marketing Courses
- MailChimp Marketing Courses
- Mobile Marketing Courses
- Online Marketing Courses
- Social Media Courses
- Twitter Courses
- Viral Marketing Courses
- Web Marketing Courses
- Youtube Marketing Courses
- Follow eDigital on Linkedin, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+
- eDigital also brings the world’s best photographers to top brands. Follow @eDigitalPhotos on Instagram
NOW YOUR TURN
Share your thoughts on the Facebook box below ⇓