THE TOTAL NUMBER OF TIKTOK USERS IN 2024 WORLDWIDE
Find below the total number of TikTok users in 2024 worldwide. The TikTok user global count/stat every business owner and marketer should know.
Written by Mau, a Senior TikTok Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
Trending > The best time to post on TikTok
TIKTOK USER COUNT WORLDWIDE IN 2024
What is the global total number of TikTok users in 2024?
Back in Sep 2021 TikTok officially announced its global user count was 1 billion.
eDigital‘s virtual assistants researched different sources and the estimate of TikTok users for 2024 is 1.1 billion users.
THE TOTAL NUMBER OF TIKTOK USERS WORLDWIDE IS 1.1 BILLION IN 2024
THE TOP 7 TIKTOK’S STATS
Currently valued at $75 billion by Pitchbook, TikTok has recently surpassed Uber as the world’s highest-valued startup. Some of its key benefits for marketers are:
- Higher usage: Of Instagram’s 1 billion monthly users, 63% of those continue to log in at least once a day (Hootsuite). With TikTok, although still significantly smaller with 500 million active users, over 90% of its total users access the app every single day (orberlo). Additionally, of that 90%, the average time each user is spending on the app is 52 minutes per day. In comparison, Instagram’s average consumption from daily users is 28 mins (Hootsuite).
- Better content production options: Tiktok is made for creators via its user-friendly in-app features, such as interactive gesture filters and built-in music capabilities. This encourages experimentation with content – which fuels hyper-publishing from younger demographics who love to express themselves on Tiktok. It is less about perfection and more about creating easy-to-produce fun videos that entertain. According to the Influencer Marketing Hub, over 53% of users uploaded a video in the past month.
- Gen Z loves Tiktok. 42% of all TikTok users are between 16-24. TikTok currently connects with a younger generation in a way that its competitors haven’t. Focusing on comedy and fun, it offers a creative outlet and an escape from the seriousness of life challenges. The swipe feature on the homepage acts as a hybrid of Instagram’s ‘explore’, constantly adapting to your interests and serving you an endless stream of content that is undeniably addictive. Outside of the gaming market,
- Popular. TikTok is the only app in the Top 5 downloads that is not part of the Facebook group. It is currently sitting third behind WhatsApp and Messenger. Currently, TikTok has reached over 1.5 billion global downloads. Reached 1 billion in February 2019, then took just 8 months to gain half a billion more (SensorTower).
- Adults start using Tiktok. in the US, TikTok’s adult audience is accelerating. In less than 18 months, the number of adult users has grown by 5.5% (oberlo). The significant growth is down to multiple factors – a significant one being Jimmy Fallon’s partnership with the platform. Fallon’s ‘TikTok’ challenge, which was born out of organic interest before evolving into a partnership, was centred around the #TumbleWeedChallenge and took place in late 2018. According to Tubefilter, his on-air endorsement of the platform generated over 8,000 submissions and 10.5 million impressions. At the time, it was the app’s largest spike since it was launched in 2016 and bumped TikTok’s overall number of downloads up to almost 80 million in the U.S.
- Great partners. Since November 2018, TikTok has announced key partnerships in the States, including the recent deal with the NFL. The deal, centred around more ‘challenges’ was described by CNBC as “The NFL hoping TikTok will help it score with young viewers.”
- Huge opportunity. For all the American interest, the majority of marketers have remained relatively sceptical of the platform. According to Digiday, only 4% of US marketers admit to TikTok being part of their campaign strategy. In the same study, Facebook remained in the plans of 89% of strategies. Either the rapid rise of TikTok or the possibility of engaging with an audience that lacks spending power may be factors marketers are facing when incorporating TikTok. Whilst up-and-coming creators may be more focused on rattling out content than securing brand deals, from a marketing perspective, it remains early days. However, few could deny the cultural relevance that TikTok has gathered. The sheer volume of users, regardless of age, simply cannot be ignored. To close out, the Top 52 Creators on the platform have more followers than the combined population of Mexico, Canada, the UK, Australia and the US. Although many users will be repeat followers, it hardly diminishes the representation of the growing influence of TikTok.
You will also like > The most followed Australians on TikTok
A quick question: Is your TikTok marketing bringing sales and profit for your business?
You can start a successful social media strategy with clear and defined objectives that will make you grow your business.
A well-crafted marketing strategy will:
✔︎ Free up valuable time for you
✔︎ Make you produce far less but better quality marketing content
✔︎ It will increase sales, profit and brand equity
If you believe you have a creative, passionate and curious mind and you are seriously ready to grow your business, I invite you to craft a successful social media strategy today!
I guarantee you will never go back to the same old way you were doing TikTok marketing.
Do you require Marketing training for you or your team? Contact us today.
Most views today > The World’s most popular Tiktok influencers
HOW MANY PEOPLE USE TIKTOK IN AUSTRALIA?
According to an internal contact at TikTok’s Australian office, we can exclusively reveal that 9+ million users based in Australia are active on TikTok every month.
HOW MANY BUSINESSES USE TIKTOK IN AUSTRALIA?
350,000 Australian businesses use TikTok as a marketing tool to reach new and existing audiences.
TikTok adoption provides marketers with a unique opportunity to connect with a vast and engaged audience, showcase their creativity, leverage influencer partnerships, participate in trend culture, drive e-commerce sales, reach a global audience, and gain valuable insights into audience behaviour.
TikTok is known for its viral challenges, funny videos, dancing, trends, and memes. Marketers can participate in or even start their trends to capitalise on the platform’s trend-driven culture and stay relevant.
eDigital can help you conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise successful marketing campaigns that generate leads and sales for your brand.
Our digital marketing services include:
- Strategic planning for social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Online advertising management and optimisation (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing).
- Marketing training: social media training and digital marketing training.
- SEO strategy and execution. Including content development (articles, stories, eye-catching and SEO-optimised visuals).
- Celebrity and influencer marketing campaign strategy.
- Brand development. Logo creation, brand personality development and design of marketing materials.
- Consumer contests/competitions/giveaways.
- Email marketing. Dip sequence design and deployment.
- Conversion rate optimisation. It is also called “path to purchase” optimisation.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing, help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you own, stir your team’s thinking, bring new ideas for new conversion paths and boost customer lifetime value.
THE TOTAL NUMBER OF TIKTOK USERS WORLDWIDE IN 2024
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants offering the best marketing strategy training and the best social media training. Top marketers use Mau’s popular Digital Marketing Plan and Social Media Plan templates.