THE BEST MARKETING STRATEGY PLAN TEMPLATE IN 2020 – WORD DOCUMENT
Would you like to create a successful, efficient and standardised process for managing marketing campaigns? the key ingredient for a well-executed marketing strategy is a Strategic marketing plan template!
A Strategic marketing plan template can surely improve your marketing campaigns and make marketing teams more effective and efficient in the process of reaching your marketing goals.
In this article, we’ll show you how to create a Strategic Marketing Plan and introduce you to our Strategic Marketing Plan template that will streamline the whole process for you and your marketing team.
You can get this Premium Marketing Strategy Plan Template (Microsoft Word document) you won’t find anywhere else. This useful template will help you plan and develop successful marketing campaigns from simple and basic strategies to advance executions. The eDigital team have benchmarked different strategic marketing templates from top business consulting and marketing companies to create this Premium Master Template for you.
WHAT IS A STRATEGIC MARKETING PLAN TEMPLATE?
A Strategic Marketing Plan Template is a clear and detailed roadmap of all your marketing goals, tasks, and deadlines.
Ideally, an effective Strategic Marketing Plan template will outline repeatable steps, tasks, and documentation required to launch, monitor, track and report your marketing campaigns.
KEY BENEFITS OF WRITING A STRATEGIC MARKETING PLAN TEMPLATE
✔︎ A Strategic Marketing Plan template is a great way to transform your “big-picture” goals from a concept to an actionable plan. A Strategic Marketing Plan should be updated regularly to match your marketing recurring projects.
✔︎ Marketers using a Strategic Marketing Plan template to work smarter benefit from saved time, effort, and resources. A Strategic Marketing Plan template is the most useful tool to help marketers build a solid foundation. Your Strategic Marketing Plan template will help you define priorities and create a clear roadmap for how and when marketing tasks should be carried out. This helps marketing teams of any size get on the same page.
✔︎ A Strategic Marketing Plan template also provides a consistent and systematic approach you can monitor, assess, and tweak over time. Your new marketing team members can reference your Strategic Marketing Plan template and get up to speed faster.
✔︎ This Premium Template will help you identify your customers and competitors and develop a strategy to make your business stand out, increase customer awareness of your product and services, increase preference, persuade trial, drive people to buy more premium product, more frequent, more quantity and ultimately build customer loyalty towards your brand.
✔︎ Save time with this template as you will not need to start from scratch. This strategic marketing plan template developed by professional marketers has been designed to help you succeed with your key Strategic marketing objectives, strategies and tactical executions.
Get this best Marketing Strategy Plan template today (Word Document)
GETTING THIS TEMPLATE IS FAST, SECURE AND EASY!
- Go to this Paypal checkout page and pay. It’s fast, secure and easy!
- Once payment is completed, Paypal will automatically redirect you to our confirmation page where you can download this template
- You can always contact us if you have any questions or issues.
When purchasing your Premium Strategic Marketing Plan Template, you will also receive the below guideline:
+ “Brand Voice Guidelines“. Keep all your content creators on the same page with well-documented brand voice guidelines.
WHY YOU NEED A STRATEGIC MARKETING PLAN TEMPLATE
- If you have established or purchased a business, it’s fundamental that your business has a sound strategic marketing plan. A great marketing plan helps you understand the market you’re targeting, design products and services with the right appeal, communicate and engage your audience in the most effective way.
- This strategic marketing plan will help you answer key business questions about how to promote your business, build and retain loyal customers. This way, your marketing plan template will be your reference point to guide your marketing strategy and tactical executions.
- This marketing template will also offer you a structure to deliver products and services in the market place that people not only need but also want.
- A well crafted Strategic Marketing Plan template will allow your company directors and other stakeholders to understand so you get buy-in and budget approval.
- A written Strategic Marketing Plan will help you monitor your all marketing activities, progress and success in one single master template.
WHAT TO CONSIDER AND HAVE READY BEFORE YOU USE THIS STRATEGIC MARKETING PLAN TEMPLATE
- When completing this marketing plan template, you will be asked to write your key marketing objectives and how you are going to achieve your objectives. This marketing plan template will help you set realistic and measurable objectives, includes budgets and action plans, and allocate responsibilities.
- Involve all stakeholders who deal with your branding, marketing and sales efforts. This may include inviting your Sales Manager, Customer Service Manager, Buyer Manager, Designers, National buyers, etc. If a set of meetings are required to define your Strategic Marketing plan with different stakeholders; ensure you have a structured agenda and expected outcomes so the plan is agreed /approved. The below goal-outcome matrix will help you have an effective meeting.
WHAT IT IS INCLUDED ON THIS STRATEGIC MARKETING PLAN TEMPLATE
This marketing plan template identifies key areas including:
Most professionally-written Strategic Marketing Plans for large corporations start with an “Acknowledgement Section”. This is where you add the names of key individuals and companies that provided input into the development of your Strategic Marketing Plan.
Within the Disclaimer section of your Strategic Marketing Plan, you should mention how the data, information and insights have been provided to you. In some cases, the information may have been provided both verbally and in writing by different team members, partners, research providers and/or industry experts; You can also mention that you had discussions with key stakeholders. It is important to say that no representations or guarantees are made or implied.
“EXECUTIVE SUMMARY” SECTION
The executive summary of your marketing plan is presented at the very beginning of your plan but should be done last and should be an overview of your plan to other readers.
VISION AND MISSION STATEMENTS SECTION
A vision statement describes where your business aspires to be upon achieving its mission. This statement reveals the “where” of a business – but not just where the company seeks to be. Rather, a vision statement describes where the company wants a community, or the world, to be as a result of the company’s services.
A mission statement is an action-oriented vision statement, declaring the purpose your business serves to its clients. That often includes a general description of your business, its function, and its objectives. Ultimately, a mission statement is intended to clarify the “what,” the “who,” and the “why” of a company. It’s the roadmap for your vision statement.
Find out what your top competitors are doing. See how you rank against them in search engine results, social media reach and engagement, and other KPIs.
OBJECTIVES AND SUCCESS MEASURES SECTION
Generally, the objectives and success measures section is a table with two columns.
|Objective:||We have succeeded when:|
|Here you list your top 5 most important strategic marketing objectives||Here you define the actions or results to define you have successfully completed your objective.|
CUSTOMER SEGMENTATION SECTION
Who your business target customers are. Here you will define your “most profitable” customer segment demographics (e.g., age, gender), psychographics (e.g., their interests) and their wants and needs as they relate to the products and/or services you offer. Clearly knowing your “most profitable” customer segment will help you focus your advertising and be better at “speak the language” of those “most profitable” customers. This will ensure you are increasing your Customers’ Life Time Value (LTV) and your marketing Return on Investment (ROI).
“UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITION” SECTION
You will define a unique selling proposition (USP) as it will distinguish your company from other competitors. USP is the big idea that best positions your brand according to what your customers care about and what your competitors aren’t.
“PRICING AND POSITIONING STRATEGY” SECTION
Pricing and positioning strategies go hand in hand. Premium brands – brands perceived as luxury/expensive – will set a premium price to align with their positioning strategy. On this section of your marketing plan template, you should define your ideal positioning and align a pricing structure that supports that positioning.
“COMMUNICATION STRATEGY” SECTION
You will define here the specific type of media your “most profitable” customers consume, why and how often they consume specific media channels and the preferred time and locations to reach them. You set your channels strategy aligned to your customers’ media consumption insights. You will define your brand personality, voice and tone that will help you connect with your desired segment. Key promotions, special deals and offers and the marketing materials needed will be added here. Timely offers will help your customer base to grow quicker and incentivise past customers to buy again from you. Offers can include free trials, money-back guarantees, packages (e.g., combining different products and/or services) and discount offers.
If you – for example – sell food or a grocery product in Australia you may be aware that Australia is the most promotional food and grocery market in the world, according to Nielsen, with an average of 35% of products sold at a discount between 2009-2019 with an average discount of 27%. It is important that you have the right mix of promotions planned in your marketing strategy.
“DIGITAL MARKETING & CONVERSION OPTIMISATION STRATEGY” SECTION
It is likely your customers are spending time on the internet, search engines and social media learning about your category and brands. There are five areas you need to consider when developing your online marketing and conversion optimisation strategy:
- Keyword Strategy: identify your “low hanging fruit” keywords you would like to optimise your website and online content for.
- Search Engine Optimisation Strategy: write down changes and/or additions to your website to increase rankings on top search engines: Google.
- Paid Online Advertising Strategy: online advertising programs your business will be reviewing and executing to reach target customers.
- Social Media Strategy: define which social media channels your brand will focus on and how you will use social media websites and apps to attract new customers and engage with existing ones.
- Online Affiliates Strategy. Which online affiliate network you will be using and what commission/payment structure you will be offering. Define technicalities and challenges in relation to tracking and monitoring.
- Conversion Optimisation Strategy. Define tools and optimisation methodology to ensure you are consistently reducing the gap between enquiries/visits and successful transactions. Here you might define that you want to optimise key landing pages on a specific time frame and use a/b testing methodology in favour on multi-variable testing.
“DISTRIBUTION STRATEGY” SECTION
Here you have to define how customers will buy from you. You will define here whether customers will buy from you via the online shop or physical shop or via a set of distributors, resellers, partners, retailers and other distribution methods.
“RETENTION STRATEGY” SECTION
This is likely to be the most important section of your whole and entire marketing plan! Yes, most marketers spend too much time and energy trying to secure new customers versus investing in getting existing customers to buy more often, more premium product, more quantities, more new products over time. In this section, you will note and tick off your top Retention strategies. This might include VIP programs, extra services to frequent buyers, money cant buy activities, monthly e-newsletter, free training, customer loyalty programs, etc.
“REFERRAL STRATEGY ” SECTION
It is fundamentally important for any business to define strategies (growth hacking) to incentivise existing customers to bring extra new customers to your business. Here you will list what a “referral program” will look like and schedule activities to increase referrals from customers. Imagine every new customer refers on average of two customers a day. You will have here a “growth hacking” machine! To do this, you have to have a formalised referral strategy. In this section, you will determine when your brand will ask customers for referrals, and what reward you will be offering.
“JOINT VENTURES/PARTNERSHIPS” SECTION
In this section, you will write down any agreements, partnerships or joint ventures you have or you are planning to help reach new customers or better monetise existing customers. You might find complementary brands – services or products – that could be quite lucrative to partner with as they might have an established customer base that you could tap into at very affordable prices. Think about what customers buy before, during and/or after they buy from your company. The companies who sell these products and/or services could be great partners. Document such companies in this section of your marketing plan and then reach out to try to secure them.
“MARKETING BUDGET” SECTION
On this section you will list all the expenses you will incur and provide an indication of your expected results will be in terms of new customers, sales. The idea of a financial projection is to define which promotional expenses and other marketing executions you expect will give your organisation the highest Life Time Value (LTV) and your marketing Return on Investment (ROI). This section should also set you on the task of writing down your set of goals (e.g., your goals for your referral program) for which your company should strive.
UPDATING YOUR STRATEGIC MARKETING PLAN TEMPLATE
You will update this marketing plan as you bring learnings and insights from your business metrics, sales data, marketing data, employees stories and customers feedback, competitor review and observation and evaluation of your industry environment.
ASSIGNING RESPONSIBILITIES TO YOUR MARKETING PLAN TEMPLATE
Your marketing team should be actively involved in the production and tracking of all the elements committed in your marketing plan. Assigning responsibilities in advance will clear up any questions to make sure everyone is on the same page.
MEASURING PROGRESS AND SUCCESS
The last phase during the execution of your marketing plan is to ensure you are measuring progress, tweak template accordingly and have your success metrics ready to be compared with your initial baseline.
HOW TO EMBRACE THE ART & SCIENCE OF STRATEGIC MARKETING
Companies who embrace the science of Strategic Marketing generally begin with a three-part journey:
- Be clear on customers’ preferences for buying. This starts with a look at the customer. Customer preferences for buying should shape the investments your marketing team makes, yet many marketers fly blind. In our experience, most companies tend to underinvest in the marketing capabilities that actually matter most to their customers.
- Plan for at least one year. Successful marketing teams adopt a long- term view, taking a minimum 12-month view in their marketing plans. This means that marketing teams can invest in the right capabilities based on a specific (though flexible) roadmap.
- Get quick wins. Winning marketing teams are using test-and-learn strategies to become more nimble. Some set up a marketing war-room model to launch new digital campaigns and messages. Others adopt an agile test-fail-learn-adapt operating model to rapidly ideate and refine marketing tactics. Through these quick-win approaches, marketing teams are seeing dramatic results, some with up to 300 per cent growth in digital sales within the first 30 days of action.
Driving market leadership with Strategic Marketing takes the undivided focus from the CEO and his/her top team, and a significant investment of time and resources. However, marketing teams that have achieved proficiency across the above 3-part journey are already outpacing their competitors and driving disproportionate growth, profitability, and shareholder value.
- Not sure whether your Strategic Marketing Plan is ready to be presented to your team? eDigital can help you draft and review your strategic marketing plan for your company. Contact eDigital today!
- eDigital can also run workshops and training sessions for your team to ensure you have a sound marketing plan.
- Check out this great Strategic Marketing Planning webinar (1-hour watch video) by Foxtail Marketing based in Utah, NYC, Los Angeles. The webinar includes strategic planning & upcoming trends, how to plan budget allocation, appropriate channel distribution, automation tactics.
BEST MARKETING STRATEGY PLAN TEMPLATE – WORD DOCUMENT
was brought to you by…
Award Winner Digital Marketer, top Linkedin Influencer, Certified Facebook / Adwords Professional, Certified SEO Consultant, StartUp Investor, Writer, Speaker. 15+ years optimising some of Australia’s top brands. MAU.trains marketers via Strategy Workshops & Training Sessions inc his popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates. MAU. enjoys football, Latin music & hiking while teaching Digital Marketing or completing creative photography briefs and conceptual photography assignments. Subscribe to MAU.’s e-newsletter connect on LinkedIn Instagram Facebook
eDigital – Australia’s “Digital Marketing” Destination
Share your opinion below 😀 ⇓