WALMART’S SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES
Find below the new Walmart’s social media guidelines. The latest Walmart’s social media policies
Brought to you by Mau, a Senior Social Media Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
WALMART SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES
We engage with our customers and stakeholders beyond the walls of our stores: you can find us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn and Medium. This page will give you a better idea of how to engage with us on social media, what you can expect from us, and where to find more information.
Walmart’s Twitter Engagement Guidelines
Twitter asks a very basic question of its users: “What’s happening?” And we know the answer to that question – we’re working every day to help people save money so they can live better.
Through our Twitter account, we aim to provide you with information on Walmart’s major activities and initiatives – from sustainability to diversity, from healthier foods to charitable giving. We welcome your thoughts on any and all of those topics.
We are happy to help our customers and associates through Twitter and look forward to hearing from you.
Here are a couple of things you should know about our Twitter engagement:
- We are committed to having a dialogue with our followers. We count on you to use @ messages in a way that contributes to the dialogue. Please support any claims with links to information sources whenever possible. We love opinions; we love them, even more, when you back them up with facts.
- We strive to respond to as many relevant questions and comments as possible, but we reserve the right to use our judgment in selecting the messages we respond to.
- Following a Twitter account or including an account in a Twitter list does not constitute an endorsement; the same applies to re-tweeting messages posted on accounts that Walmart does not own, or marking them as “favourites.”
Walmart’s Facebook and Instagram Engagement Guidelines
We’re excited that you’ve joined us on our Facebook or Instagram page, and we know you’ve got plenty to say. At Walmart, our mission is our purpose: we save people money so they can live better.
While you’re with us, we hope you’ll take a moment to read the following guidelines we ask you to follow when contributing to our Facebook or Instagram page:
- Don’t do anything that breaks the law.
- Be polite and courteous, even if you disagree. Excessive name-calling, profanity, fighting words, discriminatory epithets, sexual harassment, bullying, gruesome language or the like, will not be tolerated.
- Stay on topic. Keep the conversation relevant to the community and contribute to the dialogue. We reserve the right to remove content that is off-topic, out of context, spam, promotional or links to third-party sites.
- Keep it real. All posts should come from a real person and a real Facebook or Instagram profile. Postings from fake or anonymous profiles will be deleted when discovered.
- We are happy to help our customers and associates through Facebook or Instagram and look forward to hearing from you.
- We reserve the right to remove content posted to Facebook or Instagram that violates these guidelines.
If you are a Walmart associate, please follow these additional guidelines:
- Know the rules. Before engaging on Facebook or Instagram, or on any other social media property, make sure you read and understand Walmart’s Social Media Policy and Walmart Information Policy. In any and all interactions, make sure that you don’t share confidential or private information about the Company’s business operations, products, services, or customers; respect financial disclosure laws and do not say you speak for the Company without express written authorization from the Company to do so.
- Remember that we have a dedicated team tasked with responding to customer inquiries or criticism. Our official Walmart social team is responsible for engaging customers through our page. To avoid confusion, we ask that you not attempt to respond to customer inquiries or comments directed specifically to the Company or ask for an official Company response on this site.
- Consider using company-established channels for job-specific issues. While we encourage associates to join our Facebook and Instagram communities and participate in conversations with our customers and other users, we encourage you to direct your complaints or concerns about your job or working environment to your store management team using the established Open Door Process or WalmartOne.com.
For Walmart managers: If you are a manager, please make sure you are familiar with our Social Media Management Guidelines, available on Walmart Wire.
Source: Walmart’s website
Walmart, the popular American retailer company has successfully launched its social media policies and guidelines which will help them manage their social media presence and interactions and avoid brand reputation issues. But, every company is different and may face different social media marketing challenges. In order to write your own social media policies, we suggest you speak to one of our social media specialists. Contact us today.
Need training on how best to promote your brand on social media? Contact us today!
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital’s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing campaigns and help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you fully own. The training will stir up your team’s thinking and bring new ideas to activate new conversion paths and effectively boost customer lifetime value.
WALMART’S SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants helping marketers like you lower customer acquisition costs and paid media dependency through custom training and strategy sessions. Mau‘s popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates are used by thousands of marketers.