The benefits of social listening for marketers go way beyond the reach of their owned social media accounts. Identifying consumer needs, tracking conversation around competitors, optimising ads and launches and then keeping abreast of changing opinions and needs post-launch are all key areas where social listening can help bring the customer voice into important decisions. The fact that it’s all in real-time and immediately accessible means social data is perfectly suited to a fast-moving, volatile market where hours and perhaps even minutes can count.
Awario acquired Buzzbundle in 2017.
Adobe Experience Manager is the former Adobe Social. It is the leading digital experience management solution for marketers and IT to design, anticipate and deliver quickly adaptable experiences across the web, mobile, in-store and any end-point in the customer journey. Adobe bought Context Optional back in May 2011.
Similar to Buzzsumo it helps you find popular content/posts resonating in different social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. The content explorer tool is not free and it is part of their $179/month package.
Learn from customer behaviour and stay ahead of trends. Improve your shopping experience (and your products) with real-time problem tracking, custom alerts on review activity, and comprehensive reporting on everything from category and product performance to offline conversion impact. Bazaarvoice acquired Curalate in July 2020. Clients: Coles, Repco, Warehouse Group, Officeworks, Johnson & Johnson.
Brand24 is a social media monitoring and analytics tool. It also combines features in gaining social insights, engaging audiences, and detecting sales opportunities. Best features include:
Buffer logo png social media scheduling app tool platform
Many people think it is a social media listening tool but it is not, it is a social media content distribution tool, it allows you to post content to all your relevant social media channels all at once.
buzzsumo logo png
Find most shared social media content and key influencers.
conversocial logo png
Brands itself as a “customer engagement solution as advanced as your customer.” It is a lesser-known social listening tool, but many top brands depend on it, including Google, Hyatt, Hertz and Tesco. Conversocial allows you to collect data on customers from multiple platforms on both mobile and desktop devices. The tool is designed to bring marketers into discussions with their customers and help them be more proactive with their responses.
cision logo png
Cision is a social media management and monitoring tool. Cision gives users a solution for monitoring, engaging, and analyzing social streams to gain insights into a brand’s image and engage a community. Cision acquired ViralHeat in March 2015 and social media and PR monitoring platform Trendkite in Jan 2019. Cision also used to own a social media monitoring tool called: Visible Intelligence. Cision currently owns BrandWatch and Falcon.io
brandwatch logo png
Brandwatch was bought by peer index in 2014 you can identify social influencers by topic. Brandwatch is a social intelligence and social media listening and analytics technology platform that gathers millions of online conversations every day and provides users with the tools to analyse them. In June 2017, Brandwatch launched “Image insights” their new image detection and analysis tool to help marketers discover and analyse how, when, and where people are sharing content with your logo. With image insights, marketers can discover how people are using your products even if they are not typing the exact words on their content allowing them to see all types of content: the good, the bad before it goes viral. In October 2018, Crimson Hexagon merged into the BrandWatch umbrella.
- Signals. Signals is part of the BrandWatch offering allowing companies to analyse media mentions in real-time and automatically alert you via email when there have been significant changes, such as an increase in volume, a trending story or an influencer getting involved in the conversation. The “Signals” tool doesn’t require you to know what changes you’re looking for in advance – so it’s great for unearthing stories or issues you might otherwise have missed. Signals can be set up to alert multiple people – even those without a Brandwatch login.
🐱 Want to refresh your Linkedin cover photo? > The best Linkedin profile cover image ideas, examples and styles
demandforce logo png
DemandForce (Formerly known as Flowtown) is a social media monitoring software that offers:
- List management so the tool feeds your most up-to-date business information to popular consumer destinations, ensuring you have complete and accurate info on sites including Google, Bing, Citysearch, Yellowpages.com and more.
- Marketing automation makes it possible to reach out to clients when they’re due for routine and recommended services.
- Online reviews management. Expand your online presence by sending your customer reviews to sites like Yelp, Facebook, WebMD, Vitals and more.
- Appointment reminders and confirmations. (via email or text) reducing no-shows.
- Call tracking.
digimind logo png
Digimind is a social media listening software that helps you find the conversations people are having about your brand. You will see the conversations that matter most, in real-time, across millions of online sources, in order to gain valuable insights to drive and improve your marketing strategy. It also offers:
- a Social Command Centre which is a big screen that showcases your brand pulse – in real-time – on social media.
- Monitor, analyse and report mentions and other social data.
- An app is available for Hootsuite integration.
Followerwonk is a software tool to optimise your Twitter marketing, part of the Moz suite of tools. Followerwonk helps you explore and grow your Twitter followers. Followerwonk offers Twitter analytics to find Twitter influencers, analyse, and optimize your Twitter marketing campaigns. It integrates with Buffer so you know what times are the best to tweet your marketing content.
Popular today > Social media training for government employees
google alerts logo png
Google Alerts is a free service you can use to set up an alert with keywords you want to track via Google Alerts, this might include mentions of your brand, your category, your competitors’ names or specific industry leaders’ names or industry news you want to keep an eye on.
✅ Marketers are using > The best bots and apps for free real Instagram followers
Isentia logo png
iSentia (formerly called Buzznumbers) offers Social media monitoring. You can easily monitor brands, competitors, products and more on social media with iSentia media monitoring technology. You can monitor, report on, analyse and track everything in one place.
Ever since Keyhole extended its hashtag research to cover Instagram, it’s been one of the most complete hashtag analysis tools on the market. They give you a lot of information about each specific hashtag, including how many users added it to their posts, the reach of the hashtag, and the impressions it receives. You can also see how many unique posts featured the hashtag, to evaluate popularity against the competition.
Back in March 2019, Spredfast and Lithium joined Forces as “Khoros” to offer one of the best Industry’s Social Media listening platforms. With Khoros, you can identify audiences and understand the social forces at play to inform campaigns. Social data is only as valuable as it is usable. Khoros Intelligence provides your brand on-demand access to multi-channel social listening data that are accessible to anyone on your team. Khoros Intelligence is as intuitive as it is unlimited: you’re never charged by a search. Use Khoros Intelligence to find new audiences you might’ve otherwise missed, keep an eye on your brand’s top competitors so you’re never surprised, and manage your brand in times of crisis.
MEDIA TOOL KIT
Monitor online mentions of your brand in real-time. Whether a PR pro or a marketer, Mediatoolkit will let you know about every article, hashtag or comment mentioning your business.
meltwater logo png
Meltwater helps PR, social and marketing teams go beyond media monitoring. Meltwater platform helps clients build influence, connect with their audience and measure success on the go. Meltwater has done a number of acquisitions in the social media space including Sysomos (April 2018), Klear (April 2021), Owler (June 2021), DeepReason.ai (Nov 2021). Top clients include Google, Kellogs, Puma, H&M, World Wildlife Fund, Mailchimp, Air France, W Hotels, Fox Sports, The Economist.
📷 Briefing a professional photographer? > The best creative photography brief template
Mention is a social media monitoring solution. Mention is also integrated with the social media management platform Buffer to allow users to manage and publish content within the product.
Oktopost is a B2B-specific social media suite with features in social media management, social media monitoring, and social analytics. Oktopost allows users to manage and monitor their brand on social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn.
ORACLE SX MARKETING
oracle social cloud logo
Oracle SX (Formerly called Vitrue) is a social media monitoring tool to discover, analyse and respond across paid, owned and earned social channels to measure the impact of data-driven campaigns. Even savvy modern marketers struggle to measure social ROI. With unified listening, analytics and engagement, The Oracle SX Marketing software helps data-driven marketers derive actionable social insights, measure social success, and connect social analytics with business KPIs to save time and maximize resources. Unique three-tiered social listening transforms online conversations into insight-ready qualitative and quantitative data points. Configurable social reports drive smarter business decisions, and a response engine helps marketers join the social conversation to resolve customer service issues and drive advocacy. Oracle SX Marketing helps modern marketers deliver relevant experiences that drive brand loyalty and impact the bottom line. Oracle SX Marketing includes the following social solutions:
- Social media monitoring: Uncover actionable insights from social or unstructured 1st party data through proprietary 3-tiered listening technology. Latent semantic analysis delivers easy refinement and auto-theming while natural language processing drives sentiment and top terms for business users.
- Social analytics: Oracle SX Marketing intuitive analytics tools empower marketers to unify analytics from various social channels. Customisable dashboards empower marketers to discover, analyze and report to measure campaign impact across paid, owned and earned social data.
- Social engagement: Read, route and respond to social messages across owned and earned channels in one customizable engagement console.
- Social cloud platform: The Social Cloud platform offers an API layer to deliver social data and functionality into existing technology stacks including Oracle Customer Experience, Oracle Marketing and third parties. Customers and partners leverage the social platform to bring the power of social into their existing technology investments.
$7 month (by Sep 2015) Helps you find the best content in your industry and schedule it on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
PR NEWSWIRE FOR JOURNALIST
you can create email alerts for a specific topic. For example, you can create an alert when the media publishes an article related to “Best Social Media Listening tools”. The downside is that it is extremely hard to unsubscribe.
You can use Quora to monitor the questions and key discussions happening in your industry. For example, you can track what it is been discussed about social media listening >> right now! <<
🎯 Is your social media working? > Write the best social media strategy plan with this premium template
Linkfluence is a social media monitoring and intelligence tool. Linkfluence features include solutions for social listening, social measurement, engagement, and real-time management.
SALESFORCE SOCIAL STUDIO
With acquisitions of Radian6 and Exact Target, SalesForce Social Studio offers a robust and one of the best Social Media Listening tools. You can a
Sendible is a social media suite product with features in social media management, social media monitoring, and social analytics. Users can manage their social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, and blogs from Sendible’s dashboards.
SentiOne is a newer social listening tool that is used by over 2,000 brands in nearly three dozen countries. There are three different service tiers, so you will need to decide which one is best for your business. The most basic plan allows you to track keywords, users, mentions and recent updates in real-time. You can also track historical data for up to six months. If you want to track data for over a year, offer access to more than one user, or follow more than one market, then you will need to choose one of the other plans. You can get your feet wet with their 14-day trial. Here are some of the main features:
- Data can be collected from Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, news aggregators, opinion websites, and blogs.
- You can measure the reach of your messages on any given day.
- You can see results in 24 languages.
- You can monitor campaigns at different levels, including category, competition, consumers and communication.
- Advanced consumer and workflow management filters can be used.
The Emplifi solution enables continuous social media monitoring without over-complicating analysis by automatically cutting out the noise and irrelevant data. With customisable query-based searches, uncover the right social media insights at all stages of the customer journey. From awareness and interest to purchase and retention, translate the relevant data into immediately actionable social media intelligence. You can spot and address problems across the entire customer journey before they escalate into a crisis. Whether it’s problematic campaign messaging or product errors and react fast.
Used by mashable.com and News Limited and other publishers to manage and optimise social media engagement. Will help you know the best time to publish for optimal reach and engagement.
Monitors over 100 sources and you can easily track and measure what people are saying about you, your company, a new product, or any topic across the social media landscape in real-time.
Sprinklr is an enterprise-level social media suite with features for social media management, social media monitoring, social advertising, and social analytics. Sprinklr can access a variety of social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Instagram. Sprinklr offers users customizable social media components to integrate with many departments within a company.
😯 Find out > The most expensive art ever sold
talkwalker logo png social media intelligence
Talkwalker is a social media monitoring and analytics tool. Talkwalker helps users find and use their social data to access insights on their brand.
😎 You will also like > The best video editing software, apps and tools
unamo logo png
Unamo helps you monitor your brand, manage your reputation, keep track of your competitors and gain new clients. Key features:
- Real-time results. Unamo will populate your feed with mentions as they occur naturally so you can respond quickly and effectively.
- Actionable Analytics. Measure the success and potential of your marketing campaigns with built-in social media KPIs like reach, interactions, popularity, and sentiment
- Market Insights. Use industry-specific keywords to monitor trends within your niche to stay a step ahead of your market competition