THE BEST 30 TIPS ON HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE IN 2023
Learn how to promote a brand’s Facebook page in 2023. Grow free likes & increase followers organically with these best tips for Facebook business pages. Curated by Mau, Social Media Trainer and Consultant at eDigital – Australia
THE BEST 30 TIPS ON HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE
- Use some of the best Social Media tools. With multiple social media channels, your business might need a single platform to manage, monitor and amplify social media messages. Suggested social media tools include Awario, Sendible or SocialBu. If you do not have the time you can employ eDigital as your Sydney social media services company or check out our list of top social media tools.
- Start your Email Marketing: We can help you choose the right email marketing platform such as Hubspot. We can help you build newsletter templates, launch a/b testing campaigns and build your database of emails.
- Promote Social Media contests/competitions/offers. You can run your next competition/contest using ShortStack, NorthSocial, Woobox and Easypromos. We can help you define objectives, find prizes, set terms and conditions and launch and monitor your social media competition.
THE TOP FACEBOOK POSTS IDEAS
- Review and refresh your affiliate OR re-seller offers and promote them via Facebook Posts.
- Create and publish a tripwire (irresistible desirable offer) to get your Facebook fans to visit your website and subscribe or buy from you. When creating a tripwire or offer, ensure it has some of the essential elements: scarce, relevant, in high demand and exclusive. Example: “Subscribe to our blog alerts and we will send you a 20% off voucher for the first 200 people. Offer finishes on…
A great example of a tripwire is generally products that are so cheap that you cannot resist the impulse of buying them.
Below is a “tripwire” offer example from Mike Buontempo, a marketer who teaches people how to become better at promoting their business with paid Facebook ads. Below is a screenshot of his Facebook Ad promoting his Audiobook for $1.99. This “tripwire” ad has thousands of views and hundreds of comments. Tripwires offers are also called “viral bait” offers, and every business should at least test this technique to see how many customers the offer brings. The objective of tripwires is simple: get people’s details so you can later remarket them with great content or other offers and hopefully they will buy more premium products/services from you.
- If you are or sell to retailers located in Shopping Malls. You can work with Centre Management to promote your business via their Shopping Mall Facebook.
- Promote your latest awards or your selection to win an award. Prospective clients like to know that you are winning or being nominated to win awards. This shows you are a leader in your industry.
- Complementary Services. Promote posts that talk about the great complimentary services related to your offering.
- Publish Product demonstration videos. Idea: Show people (through video or image gallery how your product functions and solve your prospective customer’s pain point.
Product demos are one of the best sales pitches. One of the first jobs of Netflix founder and CEO, Reed Hastings was vacuum cleaners’ door-to-door sell vacuum cleaners selling. He said: “As a sales pitch, I cleaned the carpet with the vacuum the customer had and then cleaned it with the Rainbow” confirming the product demo was a total success.
- Showcase your team stories and bios – Extremely important! The more humanistic you can be seen the more people will relate to you not as a business but more at a personal level.
- Thought leader Positioning. Be seen as you are on top of what’s happening in your local area. Share and promote industry events happening in Sydney and the issues affecting and improving the local industry.
- Incentivise customers’ reviews. Take a photo of the good customers’ reviews and share them on social media. Invite current clients to review your service for the chance to win a prize or receive an invitation to an exclusive event.
- Facebook event pages. When your industry association, council, union or federation runs an event you are participating in, check if they have created a Facebook event page. If not, you have the opportunity to create a Facebook page event and invite your current and prospective clients to come and see you to that specific industry event or conference.
- Get Influencers to talk on behalf of you. Find top influencers on Twitter and key media outlets (top writers and editors) and invite them to product demonstrations or media nights in order to start building relationships and increasing the likelihood of them talking about your brand on their popular social media channels. Use Followermonk to find key influencers on Twitter.
- Anniversaries. Show how you celebrate your anniversaries and how your customers can be part of it.
- Behind the Scenes. Promote your new and special services or products and how you create them.
- Give away free unique tips for your prospective customers when thinking about the products and services you offer.
- People love celebrities! When working with a celebrity or a well-known industry business profile; ensure a photo gets published on your social media and tag the celebrity and the companies that are associated with the celebrity.
- Charity Support. Promote your support to any local charity event to humanise your business. People want to know you are not only profiting but also helping your local community.
- Show off what inspires your brand: people, places and stories that have inspired the owners/ top managers.
- Publish Interesting information/ not well-known facts about the products and services you offer. Explain why you have chosen them.
- Publish timely Promotions for both new visitors and repeat customers.
- Refresh your images frequently when posting about the same topic. People will become blind to the same image. Promoting the same creative will become repetitive and boring in your followers’ eyes.
- Amplify media mentions about your brand. When the media talks about your new products and services, take photos of the free media coverage and promote those mentions on social media channels. Ensure you tag the media outlets and any person that it is on the photo.
- Talk about your preferred suppliers. Promote stories about the cool facts re your suppliers how you use them and why follow your suppliers’ social media assets and share their content as part of your content curation strategy.
- Break down product information into digestible pieces people will be eager to read/watch. If you want to talk about a product that has 20 important features, you might want to talk about the top 3 features first and have scheduled posts for the other features.
- Ask for feedback – not just about your current products but also about your new ideas or plans.
- Quotes and Product Demos. Tell people how easy it is to get a quote or a product demo. Remind them how easy it is.
- Content related to national holidays or national events can bring higher than average engagement rates as people want to relate to topics. Publishing specific promotions or content related to a specific national event will give you an extra kick in your engagement rates. Posting the right content becomes particularly important for promotions you sent out on key dates such as Valentine’s Day, Bicycle Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Black Friday, End of the Year campaigns, Boxing Day, January sales, Earth Day, Refugee Day, Boxing Day, etc
- Run Consumer Competitions. Offer deals and competitions in exchange for email addresses. Use some of the best social media competition tools to run your social media competitions.
- Promote video content from Youtube that is unique to your service. Great for: a) SEO b) guiding your website users to understand complex or visual concepts – “how to’s” – driving conversions quicker as the easier your prospective customers understand the benefits of hiring/buying from you, the quicker they will convert.
- Own a content niche. your followers will start remembering you as a leader or influencer when you choose a content niche. Example: A sports restaurant will offer updates about games happening and interesting info about upcoming games, players, etc.
- Encourage Facebook and FourSquare check-ins. Great for user-generated promotion. While people wait at your reception or meeting room, or any physical business location you might have. they check in via Facebook and let their network know they are doing business with you. Give them a special gift for checking in: a nice little bar of chocolate. Who does not like a little sweet treatment?
- Use physical event activations to collect emails and retarget them via Facebook ads ( if they are giving you personal email addresses), Google AdWords or Twitter ads.
BuzzSumo one of the world’s leaders in content/SEO marketing insights to quickly identify what content is working well also share the below insights for successful Facebook posting. Insights are based on research that analysed more than 1 billion Facebook posts.
- The post formats that get the most engagement are questions and images.
- Short-form text posts of less than 50 characters get the most interaction. It seems Facebook is not a place for reading but for finding content and engaging with it.
- Videos that are directly embedded get over six times the engagement of embedded YouTube videos.
- Surprisingly posts without hashtags get more interaction than posts with hashtags.
- Posts published between 10 PM and Midnight of your audience’s local time get the most engagement. It seems to publish when there are fewer posts being published, and vying for attention, increasing engagement. Thus you should zig when others zag.
- Posts published on Sunday get more engagement on average. Again this seems due to less competition from other posts.
- Posts that link to longer-form articles over 1,000 words get the most engagement.
? Join 5k+ subscribers receiving the best marketing tips.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully uncover what your marketing sucks at and show you how to build a marketing engine with channels and assets you fully own. The training will stir up lots of thinking and bring new ideas to activate new paths to conversion and boost CLTV effectively.
THE BEST TIPS ON HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE
Mau helps some of Australia’s ASX 200 companies lower customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media. Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants offering strategy sessions & workshops. Mau‘s premium Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates are used by thousands of marketers