THE BEST 68 SEO TOOLS IN 2024
The best 68 SEO tools and software in 2024. Optimise Google search engine rankings with the best SEO tools for beginners and small businesses for WordPress, Shopify or YouTube.
Written by Sydney SEO Expert Mau, one of the top SEO Consultants at SEO agency: eDigital
THE BEST 68 SEO TOOLS IN 2024 – LIST
Find below some of the best SEO tools, including SEO keyword research and backlink tools in 2024. Some are free browser extensions, cloud-based online SEO tools or paid desktop SEO software tools.
THE BEST 68 SEO TOOLS LIST IN 2024
The best SEO tools will save you valuable time, bring great insights and can quickly help you explore search engine ranking challenges and opportunities. With some of these top SEO tools, you will need some degree of SEO experience to get the most out of them.
Your competitors are likely to be using these great SEO tools and others, so you should think about reviewing some of the below SEO tools and choose just the finest SEO tools to get better organic rankings on search engines rapidly.
ahrefs is one of the best SEO tools and has a huge index of links, and rich data analysis has made Site Explorer one of the most popular tools for checking links. The tool can show links (including new and internal), linking domain, anchor text, and best pages, most shared, most linked content of a website. Ahrefs Site Explorer is a popular tool, with a free trial, for checking links to and from your site. Anchor text training and latest updates: ahrefs and Search Engine Journal.
AlsoAsked will take your search term and show you what other questions “people also ask”. This SEO tool will visually show you how each level of question is typically grouped with the next.
AUTHORITAS (Formerly AnalyticsSEO)
Authoritas is an SEO software and content strategy automation platform for eCommerce businesses, agencies and enterprises. The Authoritas SEO platform helps you increase your organic search performance and increase revenues.
BING WEBMASTER TOOLS
Bing Webmaster Tools helps you improve your SEO site’s performance in Bing search results. Get access to free reports, web crawling tools and indexing resources. If your website targets American users, this tool is a great SEO tool as Bing has a bigger market share in America compared to other countries.
Botify is an SEO Analytics tool for large enterprise websites. Some key features include:
- Crawling optimisation. Combine crawl, performance and Googlebot log data to see the complete SEO picture. Identify pages that are crawled too little or too much for their business value.
- Improve site architecture and internal linking. Review and visualize internal link data at scale. Find orphan pages, concentrate authority to your most valuable pages, and quickly spot page depth issues.
- Audit and track structured data at scale. Automatically collect structured data types and properties for all your pages. Ensure rich results are maintained, and spot new opportunities to enhance search snippets.
Enterprise SEO platform. BrightEdge is the leading SEO and content performance marketing platform, helping more than 1300 customers generate more organic traffic. BrightEdge is based in San Mateo, CA with offices in New York, Seattle, Chicago, Cleveland, Tokyo, Sydney, and London
Brightlocal offers local SEO tools and local search engine marketing services for local businesses, agencies and consultants.
BuzzStream SEO tool is web-based software and automated tools for researching link prospects and building and managing influencers. Helping you to get the right backlinks to your site and creating buzz around key influencers. Buzz Stream also has a meta tag extractor tool where you can extract any URL meta title, meta descriptions and meta keywords.
CHECK MY LINKS
Check My Links is a Chrome extension that lets you check a page for active and inactive links (broken links). One way to build high-grade backlinks without creating new content is broken link building. No one likes a 404 page sitting on their pages so if they can find something that’s better, they’d replace it immediately. But most marketers and content producers don’t even know they’ve got broken links on their pages, but you can let them know.
Find your competitors’ top high-quality links and domain trustworthiness pointing to your competitors’ sites. Cognitive SEO offers a great Content Assistant and keyword tool that is like the Google keyword tool but so much better. The tool is like low-hanging fruit for any content marketer or SEO consultant, it allows you to save a lot of time and effort while your website starts to increase search traffic and improve rankings in the search engines, offering a good user experience all at once. You’ll be able to create quality content by offering valuable organic search results to the user. They offer a free trial for 14 days then you got to pay $99/month.
A great WordPress plugin that tells a visitor or robot that has recently visited your website that they don’t necessarily need to waste time reloading site images or brand new content. Caching is a great way of keeping site content closer to the user to enable a faster load time.
CopyScape is duplicate-content-detection software and a plagiarism checker, and it’s another favourite of SEO experts. A free version is available. Copyscape Premium will analySe a site’s entire content for 5 cents a page. “Within minutes you’ll have a plethora of data about which pages on your website contain duplicate content, the exact content highlighted for you, and a full list of other Web pages that your content was also discovered on. All links in SEO revolve around content. That’s why there’s a lot of talk about generating content ideas. And all search engines hate copied content. It’s called duplicate content in the industry, and the Google Penguin update goes after sites that have duplicate content on them. But you don’t need to wait for that to happen, you can use Copyscape to stay clean. The free version of Copyscape allows you to scan content on a particular link for its duplicates on the web.
Crazy shows you a “heat map” of where your site’s visitors tend to click most frequently. Plans start at $9 a month. The tool helps you discover which pages are most important to your visitors.
Learn how to perform your own DIY SEO website audit.
Post any SEO questions you may have and SEO Specialist may be able to answer your question.
Best SEO Consultants and Top SEO trainers in Sydney, Australia.
GOOGLE ADS KEYWORD PLANNER TOOL
Log into your Google Ads account and find the keyword planning tool there. allows you to analyse traffic volumes by country and keyword competition.
GOOGLE ADS – TRAFFIC ESTIMATOR Your boss is telling you SEO spending is a waste, you can find out keyword market value and tell her the value of your organic traffic.
GOOGLE MOBILE-FRIENDLY TEST
Check your analytics dashboard for the percentage of visitors your site is getting through mobile search, and you’d see why your site should be optimised for those mobile visitors. If you’re not sure if it is, enter your site into the Google mobile-friendly test page.
GOOGLE TRENDS – KEYWORD SEARCH
Google Trends is a great FREE SEO tool that allows you to compare keyword trends, hot topics and hot searches. Formerly known as “Google Insights for Search” before it was absorbed by Google Trends in Aug 2012.
GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE TOOLS
- Free Google Data Studio template for a more actionable Google Search Console Dashboard.
While it’s clear page speed is a ranking signal, you shouldn’t be checking and boosting your site load time just for the search bots. Do it for your visitors also. There is a small number of people who would wait for a slow site to load. GTmetrix loads your site from different test server locations around the world. It displays your exact load time and grades your site based on a number of factors.
Enter a URL to check the status of all offsite links found on a page. The output will display status codes for each offsite link the tool can follow, including 404s and 410s, so you can find any broken links on the page.
Featured Snippet+ ( by internetmarketingninjas.com) is an SEO tool that helps you identify and optimise for various featured snippet opportunities.
You can also research “People Also Ask” boxes and “Search Related to” results (to possibly include those in your copy). See all the images and videos that show up in Google search for your important queries (and come up with ideas on creating your own).
Google featured snippets are prime real estate in the SERPs and marketers and SEO Managers want to win this traffic for their website, this tool presents the featured snippet data for your target keyword phrases to make it easier for you to SEO optimise your site for Google Snippets.
This top SEO tool offers Twitter analytics, follower segmentation and social graph tracking. Followerwonk helps you explore and grow your social graph. Give your power graphics on who your Twitter followers are, and where they are located when they tweet.
Related > How to do SEO keyword research
Integrity link checker SEO tool
Integrity Link Checker is a free website link checker. Any link on a website is at risk of becoming broken (link rot) because it gets moved, deleted or changed. Using a link checker regularly will improve your website’s user experience (UX) and search engine optimisation (SEO). Integrity is the free link checker for Mac. It’s OSX native, it is a rapid and accurate SEO tool.
With I Search From you can simulate using Google Search from a different location or device, or perform a search with custom search settings. It’s useful for searching Google as if you were somewhere else, as well as for SEO & SEA testing.
SEO rankings, on-page, backlinks, and reports — all in one easy-to-use toolkit. Hundreds of link opportunities. You can choose your research technique from the 10 most effective prospecting mechanisms (guest posting, directories, reviews – you name it), or create your own research method with any search operators of your choice. In seconds, LinkAssistant will find hundreds of the most relevant prospects for you. This is a huge time-saver for any SEO professional. Some top features include:
- High-quality link prospects. Gather all kinds of stats and insights with one click to check the value of potential links. You’ll see the value of the prospect by looking at its quality factors, such as Page/Domain Authority, Domain age, Alexa, social media metrics, etc. LinkAssistant makes sure you avoid all potentially harmful links.
Easy outreach right from the app. Gather all contact emails automatically and contact link prospects straight away, right from the app. Use handy email templates for different outreach types and/or objectives. This great SEO tool allows you to make your emails feel personal, or create your templates. Easily track sents and replies and flag important emails so you don’t forget to reply or follow up. Stay in touch without any effort and get the links you are after or delete the links you don’t approve of.
One-click link verification. Run regular link checks to make sure your acquired links don’t get taken down, switched to no-follow, or have the wrong anchors. Contact partners right away if a link fails verification!
Customised link-building reports. LinkAssistant’s reports are customizable, white-label, and designed for all devices. You can easily share them with clients by uploading your report to the cloud and receiving a shareable link. Looking for a way to automate reporting completely? Set up a scheduled task, and LinkAssistant will build reports on autopilot and deliver them to clients on your schedule, as a direct link or attachment, in a plain text or custom HTML email.
After the latest Google SEO updates, bad links can severely hurt your website rankings. Linkdetox can help you clean up your Link profile. Analyze your profile for toxic links! Now. Identify links that have the highest likelihood of hurting your website. Visit > smart.linkresearchtools.com/new/link-detox
LINK PROSPECTOR by Citation Labs
The Link Prospector tool uncovers the links that will improve your rankings. Their Link Target Score algorithm ensures the best opportunities are available for your SEO strategy.
Related > The best SEO consultants in Sydney
One of the best SEO tools to check the backlinks and inbound links counter. You can compare up to 5 domains simultaneously and see who is getting more link growth. MajesticSEO offers a basic free plan as well as paid plans, and it “evaluates all links and helps separate high-quality links from low-quality links. The site also breaks down anchor text in a pie chart and is a great tool to see if your link anchor text is over-optimized. That is, whether Google would deem your anchor text wording an out-of-compliance attempt to spam or game the search engines. (Anchor text is the text within a hyperlinked phrase).
This is an SEO content creator for marketers who need ideas on what topics to write about. With MarketMuse’s content intelligence and strategy platform, you’ll be able to have more in-depth content that goes well with what your demographic is looking for.
Allows you to check your backlinks. You can also receive alerts when your competitors get a new backlink. A competitor keyword ranking checker is also available.
Morningscore is a new SEO tool with great UI and powerful metrics. ⭐ Get your full SEO overview with our in-depth data.
Moz tools offer all the SEO toolset you need to ensure you get the best rankings on search engines including Google. These tools help you optimise your local business listings, track your social media performance, conduct link research, access SEO metrics for any page, and more.
Related > The best SEO services in Sydney
MOZ LINK EXPLORER (Former: Open site explorer)
With Moz Link Explorer you can perform competitive link research, explore backlinks, anchor text, and more for free. Visit > moz.com/link-explorer/
“Take your SEO keyword research to the next level with our proven best SEO keyword research template we have successfully used for our clients”
Mau – Senior SEO Specialist & Consultant at eDigital
PAGE RANK CHECKER
this website allows you to check any website page rank, domain authority, page authority, Alexa rank external backlinks count (inbound links count) referring domains and more. Visit > checkpagerank.net/check-page-rank.php
Marketers are reading > How to do SEO Keyword Research
Plagium helps you find other sites using your content.
offers free website analysis tools in graphical format and provides recommendations for fixing problems. Visit tools.quicksprout.com
Rank Tracker is one the most advanced and powerful SEO tools for keyword tracking, keyword research and PPC analysis.
RankWatch is an effective SEO Management Platform that allows marketers to gain a “bird’s eye” view of all their digital marketing campaigns and provides them with actionable data to work on. Key features:
- Great Insights on the Dashboard. The success of business decisions depends on the quality of information available. The CEO Dashboard allows these decisions to be taken more swiftly and with complete confidence as it helps top management get one single consolidated view of the complete business organisation. Through the dashboard, marketers can understand the drivers of profitability and perform forecasting on various scenarios. Lastly, it will ensure that your business performance is measured and monitored using the correct checkpoints.
- Advanced Reporting. One of RankWatch’s strongest areas is its reporting structure, which can be accessed from almost every page on the tool and can be exported in multiple formats such as basic Excel, CSV and PDF that can be customised completely to match your requirements. These reports can also be scheduled to be delivered at a certain date and time in the future depending on your choice and can be scheduled for delivery on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- City-Specific Tracking. Get your rankings as precise as possible with location-based tracking and see what SERPs your customers are exposed to when using search engines to find your products and services. sees. Choose the search engine along with the specific city on which you want to monitor your keyword rankings. Geo-Specific Results. Thousands of Cities can be added.
- Email Alerts. Don’t waste time searching for position fluctuations of your keywords. Get automated E-mail notifications of any change in your rankings by setting specific conditions on when you want to be notified of such changes through RankWatch Email Triggers. Instant notification of rank fluctuations, unlimited email addresses of recipients and notifications as soon as your keyword enters or leaves the top 1/10/100 ranks.
- SEO Competitors Analysis. is all about going above your competitors’ websites. RankWatch will assist you in doing just that by keeping a close eye on their online activities, organic or paid and report to you on a timely basis. We find out who your toughest competitor is, what ads they are running and how many keywords of yours they are ranking on. On top of that, we will give you a trend of what their online presence has been like and suggest keywords that will give you an edge over them. Organic Competition, Paid Competition, Ad Copies, Keyword by Keyword comparison.
- Google Analytics Integration. RankWatch is fully integrated with Google Analytics, with the sole purpose of providing our users with inbound marketing data to make better strategically sound and informed decisions to improve their online performance.
- Website Analyser. Get your website audited and evaluated by RankWatch with a comprehensive in-depth analysis of what you are doing right and wrong with your website. RankWatch has just introduced its new version of Website Analyser, a module that focuses on conducting research into what makes a website stand out or makes it unnoticeable. It neatly informs and tests a website on extensive parameters ranging from Technology, Social Media and Mobile which are essential to score to get ranked and become more visible to users.
- Backlinks. On RankWatch, backlinks are calculated in seconds and are displayed according to different parameters such as newly added backlinks, most frequently used links and the top linking domains. Deep-link ratio, site-wide vs. non-site-wide, do-follow vs no-follow, image vs text, TLD Distribution, strongest page.
- “Low Hanging Fruit” Keywords. identify hidden opportunities i.e. it will suggest those keywords, which you are not optimising. These will show along with their broad-match search volume, their trend over 6 months and their respective CPCs.
This top SEO Tool allows you to organise an entire link-building campaign, view key SEO metrics about links and get updates about link status changes, it includes link screenshots for visually nicer reports and also can research link opportunities. Raven’s free 30-day trial provides an in-depth audit using its Site Auditor tool. “This will give you another tool to check your metadata, alt tags, headings, and keyword usage, as well as a few additional data points. The report arrives in PDF format, and you can use it to measure progress as you fix site problems.
Screaming Frog is one of the best SEO tools – logo
This SEO Spider tool is a small desktop program that spiders websites’ links, images, CSS, scripts and apps from an SEO perspective. The tool fetches key onsite elements for SEO, presents them in tabs by type and allows you to filter for common SEO issues, or slice and dice the data how you see fit by exporting it to Excel. You can view, analyse and filter the crawl data. Simply enter your site’s URL and click ‘Start.’ clicking through each tab and using the built-in filters can give you a great idea of what might need to be fixed on your site. You can check your competitors’ most popular and influential pages.
Searchmetrics’ comprehensive suite of software and services delivers the data and insights that enable marketers to reach all of their search engine optimisation and content marketing goals. Key features:
- SEO competitive insights. Reveal the search landscape with global, regional, and local competitive market analyses. Understand how your search and content strategy impacts your online presence – and shapes your business.
- Content optimisation. Find content gaps, uncover customer insights, and build winning SEO strategies to attract your audience. With prioritised opportunities, you can focus on what’s important and accelerate your search engine optimisation process.
With SEO Book you can check keyword density for any given page.
Make better, faster SEO decisions based on the highest quality and most reliable ranking data with SEO clarity software.
SEO Minion helps you analyse your On-Page SEO, check broken links, check URL redirects, improve CTR by previewing and editing your website’s title/description in real-time, and check the rank of your website in Google across multiple locations/languages (without personalisation). It combines the power of many tools into one easy-to-use Chrome extension.
No more spending hours manually checking your site’s positions in search engines. Just sit back and let SEO PowerSuite do the job for you:
- 329 search engines
- 10 competitors to compare
- Unlimited number of keywords
- Images, Videos and other vertical search rankings
- Geo-specific rankings
- Graphs, showing progress over time
- Scheduled rank checks on autopilot
SEO PowerSuite is one of the most useful SEO software with unique analytic insight, letting you pick only the most profitable SEO tactics for your website. It can run lots of SEO tasks on autopilot, without your presence required.
You can also find profitable, traffic-generating keywords to focus your SEO efforts on.
- 19 different keyword suggestion tools
- Competition, traffic, KEI and other keyword quality factors
- In-built PPC analysis
- Traffic stats and Bounce rate data for each keyword
SEO Quake is a free SEO tool that helps you perform a variety of SEO actions and parameters, such as Alexa rank, Google Index, Webarchive age, compare URLs/domains, diagnosis reports, backlinks details, no-follow links and many more for any webpage.
SEOReviewtools helps you check your page authority and domain authority of any given page or domain name.
With SEO SPYGLASS you can find, monitor, analyse and compare backlinks — dig all the data you need for safe and effective SEO link building.
SE Ranking is a solid SEO suit offering one of the best keyword rank trackers. The tool gives you a detailed view of your actual rankings (and recent movements) and saves a snapshot of each SERP for each recorded query and date.
When creating and posting your new piece of content, it’s time to start tracking your rankings on Google. SERPROBOT produces the search positions for your keywords. You can add up to five different keywords and filter by region.
Serpstat offers you keyword suggestions. It also offers its own “Keyword difficulty” so you can discover queries with lower search competition.
Allows you to change SERPS on “dummy” search engine results and send the page to testers so you can have an indicator of how specific changes to positions and copy might affect CTR.
This SEO Tool allows you to gather all of your SEO information in one place. SERPs, PageRank, Pages in the main and supplemental index, backlinks, Twitter and Facebook mentions, social bookmarking, on-page analysis and more. The tools also save you time by automating your SEO activities including directory submission and communicating with relevant bloggers. You can also watch your SEO details from any platform including Windows, Mac or Cell/mobile phone (iPhone). Track your positions in search engines over time and see what works and what doesn’t.
With Similarweb you can get the most important traffic data for any industry in many countries; it also shows the traffic per source, most popular sites per channel and trends.
Find out if your website and social media properties are properly marked up or not.
Marketers are reading > The most searched food recipes in Google Australia
Siteliner is a free utility designed to help find duplicate content, broken links and other site issues that can negatively impact SEO. Results include average page size, average page load time, number of words per page, text-to-HTML ratio, duplicate content, common content, internal links per page, external links per page, total links per page and inbound links per page.
Allows you to create transcriptions from video to text. Great when optimising video content (SEO for video tool) for search engines.
GETSTAT.COM (Part of Moz)
Rank tracking and SERP analytics platform for SEO professionals. You can track keywords by city, state, postal code, language and mobile. Clients: Pinterest, Trivago, Cars.com.
STRUCTURE DATA TESTING TOOL by Google
Rich snippets – Authorship verification included.
TAG ASSISTANT by Google
Tag Assistant helps to troubleshoot the installation of various Google tags including Google Analytics, Google Ads Conversion Tracking, Google Tag Manager and more. Tag Assistant helps you verify that you have installed various Google tags correctly on your page. Just navigate to any page and Tag Assistant will tell you which tags are present, find any errors and suggest tagging improvements for your website. Use Google Tag Assistant Recording to record a typical user flow to and through your website and instantly validate, diagnose, and troubleshoot issues with your Google Tags.
Text Optimizer is a semantic analysis SEO tool that takes your target search query and runs a search for it in Google or Bing, then takes the search snippets that your chosen search engine generates for that query and applies “semantic” analysis to identify related and underlying concepts that you may want to include in your content.
Pingdom helps you find page speed issues and shows you how to solve them.
Help you find search term combinations. This tool suggests tons of related keywords for you by adding modifiers to your seed keyword. Enter a keyword, hit suggest and wait for the results.
URL CHARACTERS FOR SEO
Visit > perishablepress.com/stop-using-unsafe-characters-in-urls/
A powerful tool for SEOs to quickly audit links, content & social data. it can be configured to retrieve thousands of links, content and social data for almost any task. Great if you want to make a list of the number of backlinks for each URL of your website and do some “SEO content pruning” and de-index pages with little SEO value.
Site errors are not good signals for Google Rankings — if your site has signs of poor quality, why would Google give you high rankings? With Website Auditor, SEO specialists are skilled in identifying site errors and fixing them. Avoid any on-page problems and ensure stable, effective and best SEO. You can find all the technical issues that are lowering your search engine rankings and will show you how to fix them. You will be able to see how your competitors are handling on-page SEO and you can also get keyword usage advice for each of your pages. Find and fix all your website SEO issues — and make your site rank higher in search engines!
Join 5k+ subscribers and receive the best digital marketing tips!
WooRank SEO tool is a popular Website Review and SEO Tool. You can run a free review. You can also create an Advanced Review to track and optimise your website.
Need SEO support? Find out about eDigital’s SEO services in Sydney
YOAST WORDPRESS PLUGIN
(free) is for sites that use the open-source WordPress.org CMS, and it can automatically fix and streamline many technical errors a site might have without too much technical knowledge. You can also use it to enter your HTML title tags and meta descriptions.
CSV Spreadsheet (by Distilled). This great SEO tool for YouTube videos and spreadsheets will help you easily create a custom YouTube playlist. Saving you a great amount of time.
Some of the best SEO tools are important for improving search engine ranking positions by providing actionable insights, automating tasks, and optimising various aspects of a website’s SEO performance.
By leveraging these top SEO tools effectively, marketers can attract more organic traffic and ultimately achieve their digital marketing objectives.
eDigital can help you conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise successful SEO campaigns that generate leads and sales for your brand.
Our digital marketing services include:
- Strategic planning for social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Online advertising management and optimisation (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing).
- Marketing training: social media training and digital marketing training.
- SEO strategy and execution. Including content development (articles, stories, eye-catching and SEO-optimised visuals).
- Celebrity and influencer marketing campaign strategy.
- Brand development. Logo creation, brand personality development and design of marketing materials.
- Consumer contests/competitions/giveaways.
- Email marketing. Dip sequence design and deployment.
- Conversion rate optimisation. It is also called “path to purchase” optimisation.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing, help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you own, stir your team’s thinking, bring new ideas for new conversion paths and boost customer lifetime value.
THE BEST SEO TOOLS LIST IN 2024
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants offering the best marketing strategy training and the best social media training. Top marketers use Mau’s popular Digital Marketing Plan and Social Media Plan templates.