THE BEST 60 INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR MARKETING MANAGERS OR ASSISTANTS
Find below our list of the best 60 Interview questions for marketing managers assistants. Defined by MAU. Senior Digital Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
Related > THE BEST STAR METHOD INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
THE BEST 60 INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR MARKETING MANAGERS OR ASSISTANTS
There’s a big difference between guessing a marketing candidate is a good fit for a marketing role, and knowing she/he steps in and thrive from day one. That’s why we talked to many recruiters and hiring managers to find out the best interview questions they use to screen for high potential marketing candidates.
So if you’re looking for a way to identify if a marketing candidate has the hard-to-assess skills needed for your marketing role, look no further than our ” The best interview questions for marketing managers and assistants” List below.
With the below interview questions, you’ll be able to:
- Select the traits most important for your marketing role
- Identify the top questions to screen for each trait
- Create a customised, printable guide to bring to your next interview
OK, now you will start hiring the right marketing candidates by asking the right questions!
BEST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS TO ASK FOR ADAPTABILITY SKILLS
Flexible; able to incorporate different views
- Tell me about a time when you were tasked to do something you had never done before. How did you react? What did you learn?
- Describe a situation in which you embraced a new system, process, technology, or idea at work that was a major departure from the old way of doing things.
- Recall a time when you were assigned a task outside of your job description. How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?
- Tell me about the biggest change that you had to deal with. How did you adapt to that change?
- Tell me about a time when you had to adjust to a colleague’s working style in order to complete a project or achieve your objectives.
- Can you tell me about a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone at work?
BEST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS TO ASK FOR CULTURE ADD
Brings a new voice to the team
- What are the three things that are most important to you in a job?
- Tell me about a time in the last week when you’ve been satisfied, energised, and productive at work. What were you doing?
- What’s the most interesting thing about you that’s not on your resume?
- What would make you choose our company over others?
- What’s the biggest misconception your coworkers have about you and why do they think that?
- What are 3 words your manager would use to describe you? Your best friend? Your parents?
BEST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS TO ASK FOR COLLABORATION SKILLS
Open-minded, affable, and organised
- Give me an example of when you had to work with someone who was difficult to get along with. How did you handle interactions with that person?
- Tell me about a time when you were communicating with someone and they did not understand you. What did you do?
- Tell me about one of your favourite experiences working with a team. What was your contribution?
- Can you share an experience where a project dramatically shifted directions at the last minute? What did you do?
- Describe the best partner or supervisor with whom you’ve worked. What part of their managing style appealed to you?
BEST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS TO ASK FOR LEADERSHIP SKILLS
Influential, supportive, and guides change
- Tell me about the last time something significant didn’t go according to plan at work. What was your role? What was the outcome?
- Tell me about a time when you needed to make a firm decision without firm data to back up the decision. How did you handle it?
- Describe a situation where you needed to persuade someone to see things your way. What steps did you take? What were the results?
- Give me an example of a time when you felt you led by example. What did you do and how did others react?
- Tell me about the toughest decision you had to make in the last six months.
- Can you give an example of an idea you had at work that you were able to bring to life?
BEST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS TO ASK FOR GROWTH MINDSET
Open to feedback and new ways of thinking
- Recall a time when your manager was unavailable when a problem arose. How did you handle the situation? With whom did you consult?
- Describe a time when you volunteered to expand your knowledge at work, as opposed to being directed to do so.
- What would motivate you to make a move from your current role?
- Tell me about a time when your manager or a team member gave you critical or constructive feedback. How did you address the feedback? How did you react?
- What’s the biggest career goal you’ve ever achieved?
Related > HIRE A MARKETING STUDENT
BEST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS TO ASK FOR TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Organised and can prioritise well
- Tell me about a time when you had to juggle several projects at once. How did you organise your time? What was the result?
- Tell me about a project you planned. How did you organise and schedule the tasks?
- Describe a time when you felt stressed or overwhelmed. How did you handle it?
- Give an example of a time when you delegated an important task successfully.
- How do you determine what amount of time is reasonable for a task?
- There is a phrase that says, “Let’s not let perfect kill good.” What does this statement mean to you? Do you have an example of when you applied this principle in the past?
- Tell me about a time when you simplified a process or streamlined operations at work?
BEST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS TO ASK FOR COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Articulate and a great listener
- Tell me about a time when you had to communicate an uncomfortable message to your manager or your client. How do you handle it?
- Have you ever had to “sell” an idea to your coworkers or group? How did you do it? What were the results?
- How have you been effective at explaining complicated technical challenges with someone who doesn’t have a technical background?
- Tell me about a time when your active listening skills really paid off.
- Describe a situation where you felt you had not communicated well. How did you correct the situation?
- Tell me about a recent experience presenting a new project, preparing a speech, or pitching an idea. How did you prepare? What obstacles did you face? How did you handle them?
BEST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS TO ASK FOR PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS
Synthesizes information to find solutions
- Tell me about a customer or stakeholder who made unreasonable demands of you or your team. How did you resolve it?
- Tell me about the toughest work problem you had a hand in solving. How did you do it? What was the proposed solution?
- Have you ever had anyone who worked with you do or say something that was inaccurate or misleading? How did you handle it?
- Tell me about a time when you anticipated a challenge and what did you do to prevent it.
- Tell me about a time when you had a negative experience with a coworker, client or customer who complained about you. How did you fix the issue to improve the relationship and resolve the situation?
BEST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS TO ASK FOR CREATIVE THINKING SKILLS
Innovative risk-taker; thinks outside the box
- Tell me about a time in a professional setting where you took a big chance to achieve your goals.
- Can you tell me about a time when you needed to break organisational boundaries to help your team win? Tell me about the situation.
- Can you give an example of a new process or product you have implemented at work recently?
- Tell me about an innovation that you weren’t involved in at your company that you were impressed with recently.
- What is the most innovative project, program, etc. that you’ve been a part of? What was your role, the impact, etc.?
- If you had $100,000 to promote/sell/create a new business of your choice, what would it be? How would you do it?
BEST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS TO ASK FOR RESULTS DRIVEN SKILLS
Focused on success; uses data to optimize
- Tell me about a time when you implemented a project from strategy to execution. What were the results?
- Describe a situation where you had to lean on data to inform a decision.
- What have you contributed to your company that led to increased revenues, reduced costs or time savings?
- Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond a specific project ask/scope.
- How would you define “success” for someone in your chosen career?
- Tell me about an important goal that you set in the past. How did you achieve it? Why did you choose this goal?
BEST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS TO CHECK CANDIDATE ENTHUSIASM
- What makes you excited to work at our company?
- Any particular projects at our company that you are excited about?
Related > HOW TO HIRE YOUR FIRST VIRTUAL ASSISTANT
BEST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR MARKETING MANAGERS OR ASSISTANTS
was brought to you by…
Award Winner Digital Marketer, top Linkedin Influencer, Certified Facebook / Adwords Professional, Certified SEO Consultant, StartUp Investor, Writer, Speaker. 15+ years optimising some of Australia’s top brands. MAU.trains marketers via Strategy Workshops & Training Sessions inc his popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates. MAU. enjoys football, Latin music & hiking while teaching Digital Marketing or completing creative photography briefs and conceptual photography assignments. Subscribe to MAU.’s e-newsletter connect on LinkedIn Instagram Facebook
eDigital – Australia’s “Digital Marketing” Destination
Share your opinion below 😀 ⇓