HOW TO DELETE A TAG IN GOOGLE TAG MANAGER
How to delete a tag on Google Tag Manager. How to remove a tag on Google Tag Manager steps and instructions.
Brought to you by Mau, a Google Tag Manager Specialist at eDigital
DELETING A TAG IN GOOGLE TAG MANAGER – STEPS
- Login to Google Tag Manager.
- Ensure the tag you want to delete is in the list of tags of that specific Google Tag Manager account.
- Browse to the “Tags” section.
- Click open the Tag you want to delete.
- In the top right corner of that specific “tag” page is a menu with three vertical dots (top right corner)
- Click those three vertical dots
- Choose “Delete” from that menu.
- Viola! Your tag is now deleted.
Need Google Tag Manager implementation or support? Contact us
Deleting old tags on Google Tag Manager is important for improving performance, simplifying digital marketing tag management and reducing the risk of data errors on Google Analytics.
By maintaining a clean and organised Google Tag Manager container, digital marketers can optimise their tag management practices and maximise the effectiveness of their digital marketing campaigns.
eDigital can help you conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise successful digital marketing campaigns that generate leads and sales for your brand.
Our digital marketing services include:
- Strategic planning for social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Online advertising management and optimisation (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing).
- Marketing training: social media training and digital marketing training.
- SEO strategy and execution. Including content development (articles, stories, eye-catching and SEO-optimised visuals).
- Celebrity and influencer marketing campaign strategy.
- Brand development. Logo creation, brand personality development and design of marketing materials.
- Consumer contests/competitions/giveaways.
- Email marketing. Dip sequence design and deployment.
- Conversion rate optimisation. It is also called “path to purchase” optimisation.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing, help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you own, stir your team’s thinking, bring new ideas for new conversion paths and boost customer lifetime value.
DELETING A TAG IN GOOGLE TAG MANAGER – INSTRUCTIONS
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants offering the best marketing strategy training and the best social media training. Top marketers use Mau’s popular Digital Marketing Plan and Social Media Plan templates.