WHAT TIME ZONE DOES GOOGLE ANALYTICS USE IN 2024?
Find below the time zone Google Analytics uses in 2024!
Written by Mau, a Senior Google Analytics Specialist at eDigital.
Find below the exact time zone Google Analytics uses when presenting the most popular times your users are visiting your website or app. Marketers and business owners use Google Analytics time zone insights to ensure they are promoting their business when people are most likely to visit their website or app. Find out below the time zone Google Analytics uses to provide you with your users’ most popular times they are in.
Marketers are also reading > The best Google Analytics tools
THE CORRECT TIME ZONE GOOGLE ANALYTICS USES IS…
Google Analytics uses the time zone you set on your Google Analytics view.
If you did not set up your preferred time zone, Google Analytics will pick up your computer time zone when you set up your Google Analytics account.
HOW TO CHECK OR CHANGE YOUR GOOGLE ANALYTICS TIME ZONE – STEPS
- Log in to your Google Analytics account
- Make sure you are in the right Google Analytics view you want to check or change the time zone
- Click on the “Admin” tab. Tip: How to find the Google Analytics “Admin” tab
- Now 3 columns will be presented: Account, Property and View.
- Click on the “View settings” under the View column.
- A new column will appear.
- Scroll down to “Time zone country or territory”
- You can now change your country and time zone as you wish.
- Click the “Save” button at the bottom of the column.
- Viola! You have successfully checked, changed or updated your Google Analytics time zone
Popular this week > Most common reasons for a sudden increase in bounce rate
You will also like > What time zone does Instagram Insights use?
With the new Google Analytics 4 (GA4), if you choose a time zone that honours Daylight Savings Time, GA4 automatically adjusts for time changes. You can use Greenwich Mean Time if you don’t want to adjust for Daylight Savings Time. Changing the time zone only affects data going forward. If you change the time zone for an existing property, you may see a flat spot or a spike in your data, caused by the time shift forwards or backwards, respectively. Report data may refer to the old time zone for a short period after you update your settings until Analytics servers have processed the change.
We recommend that you change the time zone for a GA4 property no more than once per day so Analytics can process the change.
eDigital can help you conceptualise, plan, develop, run and optimise successful marketing campaigns that generate leads and sales for your brand.
The services we offer include:
- Strategic planning for social media and other digital marketing channels.
- Online advertising management and optimisation (Search, Display, social media ads and re-marketing).
- Marketing training: social media training and digital marketing training.
- SEO strategy and execution. Including content development (articles, stories, eye-catching and SEO-optimised visuals).
- Celebrity and influencer marketing campaign strategy.
- Brand development. Logo creation, brand personality development and design of marketing materials.
- Consumer contests/competitions/giveaways.
- Email marketing. Dip sequence design and deployment.
- Conversion rate optimisation. Also called “path to purchase” optimisation.
Contact us today and start boosting your leads and sales.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital‘s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing campaigns and help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you fully own. The training will stir your team’s thinking and bring new ideas to activate new conversion paths and boost customer lifetime value.
WHAT TIME ZONE DOES GOOGLE ANALYTICS USE IN 2024
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants and facilitator of eDigital‘s best marketing strategy training and best social media training. Mau‘s popular Digital Marketing Plan and Social Media Plan templates are used by top marketers.