WHAT IS BOUNCE RATE?
Find below the definition and meaning of bounce rate and how it translate in web analytics or google analytics. Brought to you by MAU. Digital Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
BOUNCE RATE DEFINITION
In Google Analytics or any other web analytics tool a bounce rate means the percentage of people who only visited one page during their session. In Google Analytics it is specifically calculated as one session with only one page view. The user only open one page in their browser and then user leaves without visiting another page on the same website.
HOW IS BOUNCE RATE CALCULATED?
The bounce rate percentage is calculated by dividing all website sessions that visited only one page by all website sessions. To put it simply, it is the percentage of all sessions that visited only one page.
BOUNCE RATE PREVENTS CALCULATING PAGE DURATION
It is important to know that one page sessions have a duration of zero seconds. This is because the users do not visit a second page, Google Analytics cannot calculate the first page visit duration. They way Google Analytics code can track the duration of that first page is by knowing the exact time the second page starts.
First page duration = Second page start time (less) first page start time.
First page start time: 11:12am
Second page start time: 11:15am
First page duration: 11:15am – 11:12am = 3 minutes.
- WHAT IS A GOOD BOUNCE RATE?
- MOST COMMON REASONS SUDDEN INCREASE IN BOUNCE RATE
- HOW TO IMPLEMENT GOOGLE TAG MANAGER IN AVADA THEME
- HOW TO DELETE A TAG IN GOOGLE TAG MANAGER
- HOW TO DEFINE A DESTINATION URL GOAL IN GOOGLE ANALYTICS
- HOW TO SET UP GOOGLE ANALYTICS GOALS
- HOW TO FIND THE ADMIN TAB ON GOOGLE ANALYTICS
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS PREMIUM VS STANDARD – COMPARISON
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS SERVICES
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS AUDIT
- HOW TO USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS – GETTING STARTED
- HOW TO TRACK & MEASURE SOCIAL MEDIA ON GOOGLE ANALYTIC
- HOW TO EXCLUDE INTERNAL TRAFFIC FROM GOOGLE ANALYTICS
WHAT IS A BOUNCE RATE
was brought to you by…
Award Winner Digital Marketer, top Linkedin Influencer, Certified Facebook / Adwords Professional, Certified SEO Consultant, StartUp Investor, Writer, Speaker. 15+ years optimising some of Australia’s top brands. MAU.trains marketers via Strategy Workshops & Training Sessions inc his popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates. MAU. enjoys football, latin music & hiking while teaching Digital Marketing or completing creative photography briefs and conceptual photography assignments. Subscribe to MAU.’s e-newsletter connect on LinkedIn Instagram Facebook
eDigital – Australia’s “Digital Marketing” Destination
Share your opinion below 😀 ⇓