THE MOST COMMON REASONS FOR A SUDDEN INCREASE IN BOUNCE RATE – GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Find below the most common reason for a sudden increase on your website bounce rate. Written by MAU. Senior Digital Marketing Specialist at eDigital.
THE MOST COMMON REASONS FOR A SUDDEN INCREASE IN BOUNCE RATE
The most common reasons for a sudden increase in the bounce rate are:
- Multiple Google Analytics tags firing on one site.
- Some changes to your website user experience that is affecting browsing
- A decrease in high-quality content. People are not finding what they were looking for.
- Changes on URL structure and not having 301 redirects.
HOW TO FIX IT
- If you are using Google Tag Manager, check the tags section, otherwise look in your code.
- maybe if you are using a CMS such as WordPress, you have multiple analytics plugins active, keep only one plugin, or even better implement Google Tag Manager on your site and then all codes are added as tags on GTM but not on your website.
- A great tool to help you track these issues down is the Google Tag Assistant.
- Simply install it, enable it on the site, refresh and it will tell you about common Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager Issues or errors making for a sudden increase in bounce rate.
COMMON BOUNCE RATE QUESTION
“Can I fix the wrong sudden increase in bounce rate data on Google Analytics?”
Answer: Not as far as we know. What you can do is to add a note using “Annotation” and explain the reason for the sudden bounce rate so other people accessing Google Analytics reports understand the sudden increase in bounce rate data.
- WHAT IS BOUNCE RATE?
- WHAT IS A GOOD BOUNCE RATE?
- HOW TO IMPLEMENT GOOGLE TAG MANAGER IN AVADA THEME
- HOW TO DELETE A TAG IN GOOGLE TAG MANAGER
- HOW TO DEFINE A DESTINATION URL GOAL IN GOOGLE ANALYTICS
- HOW TO SET UP GOOGLE ANALYTICS GOALS
- HOW TO FIND THE ADMIN TAB ON GOOGLE ANALYTICS
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS PREMIUM VS STANDARD – COMPARISON
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS SERVICES
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS AUDIT
- HOW TO USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS – GETTING STARTED
- HOW TO TRACK & MEASURE SOCIAL MEDIA ON GOOGLE ANALYTIC
- HOW TO EXCLUDE INTERNAL TRAFFIC FROM GOOGLE ANALYTICS
REASONS FOR A SUDDEN INCREASE IN BOUNCE RATES
was brought to you by…
Award Winner Digital Marketer, top Linkedin Influencer, Certified Facebook / Adwords Professional, Certified SEO Consultant, StartUp Investor, Writer, Speaker. 15+ years optimising some of Australia’s top brands. MAU.trains marketers via Strategy Workshops & Training Sessions inc his popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates. MAU. enjoys football, latin music & hiking while teaching Digital Marketing or completing creative photography briefs and conceptual photography assignments. Subscribe to MAU.’s e-newsletter connect on LinkedIn Instagram Facebook
eDigital – Australia’s “Digital Marketing” Destination
Share your opinion below 😀 ⇓