As a Marketer you will be personally liable (up to $340,000) and your company could be fined up to $1.7 million if you do not comply with the new Australian Privacy Principles APP.
Australia will be following suit with Europe and Asia, where fines and increased enforcement are now the norm. Fab presented to us practical ways marketers can comply with the new APP which also happen to follow best practises.
Keynote Speaker: Fab Capodicasa.
KEY TAKE AWAYS FROM PRESENTATION
- Be more transparent with what you do with personal information.
- Important to allow users to access and edit their information allowing for great user control over their personal information.
- When using overseas providers, it is important to notify users that their information is hold on the respective countries and if they do not agree they can always delete their records.
- Consumer/Client personal data should be tighten. Create data handling processes within your organisation and train your staff about them.
- Check out latest updates to the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Follow me on Facebook, Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn.
Fab Capodicasa – How to comply to new Australia Privacy laws 2014