KEYWORD RESEARCH FOR THE NEW SEO RULES – CONFERENCE – SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
MAU. from eDigital was invited to present and facilitate discussion and training in relation to latest SEO Keyword Research tactics and strategies on December 2014 at Fishburners co-working space for entrepreneurs and Startups located in Ultimo Sydney.
Keyword Research Presentation topics/content included:
- How to define your top keywords to target – advice and examples
- Tips when using synonyms and misspells.
- Training on how to decide for Singulars or Plurals
- How to find out keyword search volumes
- How to take advantage of competition traffic search terms
- How to use Google keyword planner, Google webmaster tools, Google analytics for keyword research
- Keyword research latest changes and trends for 2015.
- Keyword Research AND topic modelling for website development, architecture and metadata optimisation.
- Keyword Research to help your linking strategy
- Keyword Research to improve your current Google Adwords strategy.
- Advice on how to spot industry trends and find keyword gaps in the market
- Explanation of latest Google user intent algorythym and semantics and what that means for businesses doing keyword research.
- Customer lifetime value and keyword research – Reverse Engineering approach to keyword research.
- Branded terms vs Generic Terms – What to look for.
- How to spot potential national or local “celebrities” search terms and turn them into traffic to your website.
- SEO Newsjacking content creation – is it worth the effort or better focus on steady keywords?
- Keyword research is one of the most important, valuable and high return activities in Digital Marketing
- By learning your keyword demand – phrases to target – you also learn about your potential customers as a whole.
- It is important to identify and target the set of keywords that convert.
SOME OF THE KEY STEPS IN SEO KEYWORD RESEARCH
- Make a list of your top 500 keywords to research. List all possible variations: top key product names, services generic names, product types, product material names, colours, styles, geo, price: cheap, cheapest; quality: best, top, optimal; new and used variations, rental/hire, brand terms you sell.
- Find ideas from Google Autocomplete, Bing autocomplete, Pinterest autocomplete, Google Trends
- Find out what top search terms are driving traffic to your competitors sites. Tool: semrush
- Brainstorm the most popular issues, problems your service or product resolves that people might be searching for solutions in google, commenting on forums or at conferences.
- Predict up-coming products, services or trends no-one is talking about yet. you can build landing pages now so they get indexed in Google before they become popular.
- Brainstorm top educational/informational searches: guides, how to’s, steps, templates, DIY, tips, updates, results, forecast.
- Review comparison searchers: this vs that, year 2018 vs 2019, etc.
- Check out other search terms tools such as ubersuggest, keyword tool or Dominator tool.
Need help with your keyword research? Contact eDigital today!