KEYWORD RESEARCH FOR THE NEW SEO RULES – CONFERENCE – SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
Mauricio Escobar from eDigital was invited to present and facilitate discussion and training in relation to latest SEO Keyword Research tactics and strategies on December 2014 at Fishburners co-working space for entrepreneurs and Startups located in Ultimo Sydney.
Keyword Research Presentation topics/content included:
- How to define your top keywords to target – advice and examples
- Tips when using synonyms and misspells.
- Training on how to decide for Singulars or Plurals
- How to find out keyword search volumes
- How to take advantage of competition traffic search terms
- How to use Google keyword planner, Google webmaster tools, Google analytics for keyword research
- Keyword research latest changes and trends for 2015.
- Keyword Research AND topic modelling for website development, architecture and metadata optimisation.
- Keyword Research to help your linking strategy
- Keyword Research to improve your current Google Adwords strategy.
- Advice on how to spot industry trends and find keyword gaps in the market
- Explanation of latest Google user intent algorythym and semantics and what that means for businesses doing keyword research.
- Customer lifetime value and keyword research – Reverse Engineering approach to keyword research.
- Branded terms vs Generic Terms – What to look for.
- How to spot potential national or local “celebrities” search terms and turn them into traffic to your website.
- SEO Newsjacking content creation – is it worth the effort or better focus on steady keywords?
- Keyword research is one of the most important, valuable and high return activities in Digital Marketing
- By learning your keyword demand – phrases to target – you also learn about your potential customers as a whole.
- It is important to identify and target the set of keywords that convert.
SOME OF THE KEY STEPS IN SEO KEYWORD RESEARCH
- Make a list of your top 500 keywords to research. List all possible variations: top key product names, services generic names, product types, product material names, colours, styles, geo, price: cheap, cheapest; quality: best, top, optimal; new and used variations, rental/hire, brand terms you sell.
- Find ideas from Google Autocomplete, Bing autocomplete, Pinterest autocomplete, Google Trends
- Find out what top search terms are driving traffic to your competitors sites. Tool: semrush
- Brainstorm the most popular issues, problems your service or product resolves that people might be searching for solutions in google, commenting on forums or at conferences.
- Predict up-coming products, services or trends no-one is talking about yet. you can build landing pages now so they get indexed in Google before they become popular.
- Brainstorm top educational/informational searches: guides, how to’s, steps, templates, DIY, tips, updates, results, forecast.
- Review comparison searchers: this vs that, year 2018 vs 2019, etc.
- Check out other search terms tools such as ubersuggest, keyword tool or Dominator tool.
Need help with your keyword research? Contact eDigital today!