Investigating the Future of Social Media Congress 2015 Sydney Australia Presentations
I had the opportunity to be invited as a keynote speaker and also as a workshop facilitator for a high level attendees group including:
Some of the Social Media Practitioners, Social Media Managers and Community Managers who attended included:
- Australian Taxation Office
- Bank of Queensland
- Coles Financial Services
- Department of Housing – Western Australia
- Lush Australia
- Queensland College of Teachers
- Queensland Police
- Rural Fire Services Queensland
- TAFE South Australia Marketing Courses
- Urban Utilities Queensland
SOME OF THE SPEAKERS’ PRESENTATIONS
- Brie Stewart – Ogilvy
- Craig Mack – Redballoon
- Chris Gross – Fox Sports
- Daniel Young – Bright Point Digital
- Jenny Devine – BOQ
- Marshall Maher – Twitter
- Mauricio Escobar – eDigital
- Tiffany Junee – Social Media Researcher
TIPS FROM TWITTER PRESENTATION by Marshall Maher
- Your brand must earn the right to be having conversations about a specific topic or event.
— Seagram’s Gin (@SeagramsGinUSA) November 8, 2013
- Your brand should make customers feel clever.
- Demonstrate you are a fan of an event, sports, program, activity, social cause.
— NSW RFS (@NSWRFS) May 24, 2015
- Brand permission + Consumer connection+ Amazing clever creative content = Success
KEY COMMON LEARNINGS AND CHALLENGES
- Learn more about web analytics – need to make meaning to data
- Be better at engaging consumers owning the social spaces and show brands are also fans
- Do not be afraid of new testing new channels
- Periscope from twitter resonated as the next channel to try. No-one was using it already
- Find out best tools to listen and monitor conversations – Radian6 and others were suggested
- Legal and regulatory rules can detract some brands to show more personality social media – not sure how to deal with this.
- There is a need to be more agile in respect to content creation and publishing allowing better engagement.
- Wanna learn more about social media? Check out the best list of Social Media Courses available in Sydney or join one of our eDigital Social Media classes in today!
- Make your own success on social media by having the best training. Contact us today.
- Check out the our social media tools list.
- Drafting a Social Media Policy template? Check out our Social Media Policy Template tips and advice!