BEST CONTENT STRATEGIES TO INCREASE VISITS, LEADS AND SALES – KEYNOTE
Best Content Strategies to Increase visits Leads & Sales” Keynote by Sydney based Digital Marketing Consultant and Trainer Mauricio Escobar from eDigital Australia November 2015 at Fishburners. Presented to the Digital Marketing Connection Meet up Group.
Learn Content Strategies and frameworks to Research, create, publish, amplify, engage and measure your business content plan.
Great presentation for business owners, marketing managers, social media managers and community managers or anyone interested to improve their business content campaigns and activities.
PHOTOS FROM CLASS PARTICIPANTS
ONE OF THE CONTENT FRAMEWORKS EXPLAINED ON THIS CLASS
BEST CONTENT STRATEGIES TO INCREASE VISITS, LEADS AND SALES – KEYNOTE
Mauricio Escobar is the Global Head of Digital Marketing Strategy at eDigital 🏆 One of Australia’s Top 10 Most Visited Marketing Websites. Mauricio is Sydney based Top Linkedin Australian Marketing Influencer (over 5k connections) who trains marketing and agency teams with Best Digital Marketing Practice via Strategy Workshops, Campaign Management, templates & Training Sessions. Mauricio enjoys photography & teaching Digital Marketing. Certified Facebook/Adwords Digital Marketer – Social Media Specialist – Sydney SEO Consultant – StartUp Investor – International Speaker. Contact Mauricio or follow him on Instagram – Facebook. Subscribed to his e-newsletter
NOW YOUR TURN!
Share your opinion or your best tip below 😀 ⇓
- 1. T he The eDigital BEST CONTENT STRATEGIESTO INCREASE VISITS, LEADS & SALES Mauricio Escobar Digital Marketing Consultant / Trainer 18 Nov 2015 #edigitalclass
- 2. AGENDA • What • Why: Role in Purchase funnel • Content frameworks • Recap #edigitalclass
- 3. Win a Content Audit Session #edigitalclass #edigitalclass
- 4. #edigitalclass CHANGE IS THE REAL CONSTANT IN A CONTENT MARKETING STRATEGY Made.com
- 5. #edigitalclass The process of researching, creating, amplifying, measuring and reﬁning stories, topics and conversations that are valuable, cohesive and dynamic in order to acquire & retain customers CONTENT MARKETING DEFINITION
- 6. #edigitalclass WHY? • Explosion of Platforms, Participants, Content • Social Media: learn, seek, discover, decide. • Third Party validation.
- 7. #edigitalclass WHY? • Get customers back • Establish authority • Be top of mind. • Leads, sales, retention.
- 8. TODAY Content Tsunami • Web content doubles every year. • Track Marven Study 78% increase on content 2013-14 60% less engagement. >8k brands >13 million pieces of content #edigitalclass
- 9. TODAY BuzzSumo & Moz Study 1 million posts 50% get 8 or less shares 75% gets zero links. #edigitalclass
- 10. LOW USER ENGAGEMENT Forrester Study 2014 • 3 million user interactions • 2.5k brand posts • 7 platforms Instagram: 4.2% Pinterest: 0.1% Facebook: 0.07% #edigitalclass
- 11. TODAY LindseyVon – US Ski racer – 2014 • FB: 45m fans 20k likes = 0.04% • Insta: 2.2m fans 70k likes = 3% #edigitalclasshttp://sproutsocial.com/insights/5-instagram-stats/
- 12. Awareness of needs Brand consideration Comparison/Research Preference Trial Purchase Usage/Enjoyment Evaluation Recommendation Co-creation Education Disposal Maintenance/upgrades Nurture/Reward Retention & Development Brand awareness Acquisition #edigitalclas Lead Magnets Return Path Tripwires Proﬁt Maximizes Ever-green Content
- 13. #edigitalclass Tripwire examples
- 14. #edigitalclass Co-creation examples • Threadless • Made.com Unbox • ModCloth Be the buyer
- 15. http://totems.co/blog/gender-instagram-infographic/ #edigitalclas STEP 6: PARTICIPATE, AMPLIFY & RESPOND 400k USC uploaded 2009
- 16. 11Extended Role… https://econsultancy.com/blog/61991-83-of-online-shoppers-need-support-to-complete-a-purchase-stats Shopping abandonment Live Person – Connecting with Consumers Report. P=5,700 UK, USA,Australia, France, Germany and Italy #edigitalclass
- 17. TODAY More branded content = beneﬁting less #edigitalclass
- 18. TODAY Content Today BC + UGC + PGC #edigitalclass
- 19. #edigitalclass Step 1 RESEARCH your most proﬁtable customer • Demographics & Psychographics • Acquisition channels. • Site behavior: most visited content, most shared content.
- 20. #edigitalclass Step 1 RESEARCH Your most proﬁtable customer • Spot and understand the popular desires and issues, frustrations. • Brainstorm ideas on how you can be the “best answer” and/or ﬁnd a way to surprise/delight them.
- 21. #edigitalclass “Food Inspiration” to “Vitality”. BRAND ESSENCE To make women feel great about themselves
- 22. #edigitalclass Step 1 RESEARCH Spot Popular topics & why they are resonating. http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house- wa-gnangara-120852849 5.9k fb shares
- 23. #edigitalclass Tools: • Google:Trends, keyword tool, blog search. • BuzzSumo, Sysomos, Radian6 Brandwatch, UberVU • Followerwonk, SEM Rush • Socialbakers • Ikea • Free camping • Car hire • Simone Callahan – Shane Warne • Nike Free Spot Popular topics & why they are resonating www.google.com.au/?tbm=blg www.facebook.com/hashtag/ contentmarketing
- 24. http://www.google.com/trends/topcharts? hl=en#date=2014&geo=AU http://www.bing.com/trends/au/top-searches Spot content Opps/gaps #edigitalclass Category content Product content Branded content Localized content competitor content provider brand content celebrity content
- 25. #edigitalclass Step 3 Create & Publish Being in the right place, with the right content at the right time
- 26. #edigitalclass Content Checklist 1. Customer on center stage. 2. Clear objective: Lead, sale? What method? 3. Call to action: is above the fold and clear? 4. Mobile responsive: text, images, forms, call to actions 5. Quick scanning: Bullet points, key info as quotes? 6. Title Magnet + thumbnail image impossible to resist clicking on it? 7. SEO: top 2 target keywords, optimal meta title tags, meta description, internal linking, Authorship link to Google + 8. Consistent branding: voice, tone, color palette, font type. 9. Form variety: podcast, video, infographic, webinar, checklist, etc. 10. Organic ampliﬁcation: is it easy to tweet, pin, etc.? 11. Paid ampliﬁcation: elements for promoted posts/ pins, etc.? 12. Creative trigger: Questioning a popular issue, participation for a social cause or event? Competition? 13. Virality: Is the piece incentivizing conversation, sharing? 14. Findability:Top 3 hashtags 15. Evergreen content? Can it be used next month, next year? 16. Recycling: User participation can be used as a new piece of content?
- 27. #edigitalclass Step 3 Things to consider • Segment your content by audience, and/or by purchase funnel • What Original content and why people should bother to consume it? • What other content to curate and publish: Local content, UGC?, PGC? • Can/Should be part of a bigger Coms Campaign or content series? FB LIKES 40% Increate Twitter followers: 20% Increase 1.8 million impressions Box Ofﬁce target hit https://vimeo.com/145944271
- 28. #edigitalclass Surprise & Delight
- 29. Scheduling and Prioritizing Content #edigitalclass
- 30. #edigitalclass
- 31. #edigitalclass HERO
- 32. #edigitalclass HUB
- 33. #edigitalclass HYGENE
- 34. #edigitalclass Step 4 AMPLIFY • Are users being rewarded by sharing your content? • What content ampliﬁcation levers you will be using? • Celebrities • Inﬂuencers: BuzzStream. • Partners: ind assoc, councils, bodies, gov –local, national, SME (Subject Matter Experts),Afﬁliates. • Paid Media: Promoted posts, pins. • Publisher networks: tabola, outbrain, Nativo. • Employees (Circulate.it – Hootsuite Amplify) • Email • Video: Oneload • Knowledge based: Slideshare – Quora – Reddit – Listly • PR: PR Newswire, Haro
- 35. • Competitiveness #edigitalclass • Social media pressure • Online narcissism • Low barriers to entry Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis $5.7 Million 1.2m mentions on Facebook Virality
- 36. #edigitalclass
- 37. Most of the 5k posts are from fans. Over 54k USC #thefrankeffect 6 times a day: fb +insta + twitter Now: 4 times a day. #edigitalclass INVOLVE YOUR FANS http://www.thehippocket.com.au/starting-business-frank/
- 38. #edigitalclass Step 5 – Engage Respond, comment, share, thank, connect (follow- like), participate • Surprise & Delight – Best way to engage • Allocate resources. • Close the conversation loop.
- 39. #edigitalclass Step 6 Measure Align your content goals to your business goals Visits/Days to Conversion
- 40. Recap 1. Research 2. Create 3. Amplify 4. Measure Win a content audit session #edigitalclass