THE BEST 10 BLACK FRIDAY ONLINE DEALS & SALES IN AUSTRALIA IN 2023
Find below the best 10 Black Friday online sales and deals in Australia in 2023. Enjoy and take advantage of these top 10 Black Friday online deals and sales in Australia in 2023.
Brought to you Mau, a Senior Digital Marketing Strategist at eDigital.
When are Black Friday Sales in Australia?
Black Friday Sales are celebrated in Australia on Friday the 24th of November 2023.
Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping days of the year in Australia and around the world offering consumers a massive chance to save money on products at different retail stores.
The 2023 Black Friday Sale signals the start of the Christmas shopping season.
How did Black Friday Sales originate?
The Black Friday Sales are celebrated on the last Friday in November, the day after the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States. The day was coined “Black Friday” in the 1960s due to traffic disruptions and violence stemming from large crowds rushing to the shops to bag a bargain. Others believe it was named “Black Friday” due to US retailers turning significant profits – using black ink rather than red.
How long does Black Friday Sales last in Australia?
The Black Friday Sale started as just one day, but it has quickly morphed into something much bigger than that. Spurred on by Cyber Monday, the Black Friday Sale usually lasts five days, through to Tuesday.
Is Afterpay available for Black Friday offers in Australia?
Yes, you can purchase any David Jones Black Friday sale items up to the value of $3000.
Can Black Friday Sale products be returned in Australia?
Depending on the item purchased, you may be eligible to exchange or return any Black Friday sale product in Australia. Further information on sales and returns can be found via the retailer’s “Returns and Exchange” policies.
THE BEST 10 BLACK FRIDAY ONLINE SALES AND DEALS IN AUSTRALIA IN 2023
Whether you’re buying a gift for a special someone or buying something for someone just a little bit more special (you!), the below best 10 Black Friday online sales and deals in Australia have you covered.
10. JB HI-FI
You can save money at JB Hi-Fi Black Friday Sales, including on items such as Apple gear including iPhones, TVs, Dyson vacuums, headphones, speakers and audio, tablets, laptops, gaming consoles and connected home products.
Australian department stores brand: Myer is well known for its Black Friday online sales offering discounts on a variety of products including shoes, handbags, perfumes and fragrances, appliances (Dyson products) and beauty products.
Subscribe to their e-newsletter or become a Myer one member (loyalty program) and get a Myer promo code or discount code and get some of Myer’s Black Friday specials.
Trending today > The best 10 Walmart Black Friday discounts and deals.
Why do marketers like Black Friday?
For some businesses “Black Friday” is a massive sales boost it is a no-brainer to have it listed on their Marketing Plan. It is just embedded in the business DNA (i.e. retail shops, department stores, jewellery shops, etc.)
8. AMAZON AUSTRALIA
Amazon Australia Black Friday Sale offers some of the best online deals and sales on electronics, fashion, toys, books, pantry food & drinks, beauty, skincare & more.
Australian consumers’ mindset during Black Friday
Understand why Aussies want to buy during Black Friday so you can nail down your key message themes that appeal to Australian deal seekers during this Black Friday Sale.
In most cases, Australians want to spend cash $$ on Black Friday because:
- They want to get an amazing deal.
- They do not want to wait until Christmas
- They fear the item’s price will go up during Christmas
- They want to secure a gift before the Christmas rush
Knowing the above them you can craft your marketing messages accordingly.
7. eBAY AUSTRALIA
For a limited time only, the exclusive Black Friday sales and deals at eBay Australia offer unmissable online sales & deals across an incredible range of products at unbelievable prices including appliances, electronics, gaming consoles, computers, laptops, kitchen and dining, tablets, phones, home entertainment systems, furniture, toys, fashion & clothes (shoes, hats, jeans, jackets), shoes, latest tech and more.
You’ll definitely want to check out what’s on offer at eBay’s Black Friday sale with exceptional deals on a broad range of different products.
Choose from deals from Razer, Xiaomi and Apple, all the way to Nintendo and Boozebud.
For those looking to jazz up the home, look no further than our deals from Peter’s of Kensington, Matchbox and Dyson.
And for those looking to jazz themselves up, browse deals from L’Oreal and Cotton On.
eBay also has offers and deals for coffee lovers: Lavazza will be curing your caffeine cravings.
The best marketing channels for Black Friday
When it comes to marketing “Black Friday”, you’ve got many options:
- Your website
- Your affiliates (if you have an affiliate program already established)
- An exclusive “Black Friday” EDM (electronic direct mail)
- Organic “Black Friday” posts on Social Media
- Paid ads on Social Media
- Display banner advertising on key sites.
- SMS Marketing
- Online directories.
- Outdoor advertising.
- Special event on Black Friday.
- Google My Business listing (update your listing if you have extended opening hours on Black Friday)
- Centre management marketing (if you are in a shopping centre you want to collaborate with your centre management marketing team)
- Lastly, use your e-newsletter to communicate your Black Friday doorbuster promotions, offers, discounts and activities to people who already know about your business.
The more time you have to plan, the better your “Black Friday” execution and the better the results. But as we all know, not everyone has time to put a full-blown “Black Friday” marketing plan into effect months—or even weeks—ahead of Black Friday day, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find success at the last minute.
Below are the top 10 Black Friday online deals and sales you can use as examples when crafting your own brand’s Black Friday online deal or sale.
If your hero “Black Friday” item is food or a grocery item, it is important to know that Australia is the most promotional food and grocery market in the world, according to Nielsen, with an average of 35% of products sold at a discount between 2009-2019 with an average discount of 27%.
6. DAVID JONES
David Jones will be celebrating Black Friday 2023 with sales and special offers across all categories including womenswear, menswear, kids, designer, accessories, homewares, electrical, beauty and more.
To find the best Black Friday deals be sure to research ahead of time, add any David Jones items you have your eye on to your wishlist, and stay up to date with sale times and offers
For the latest news on Black Friday offers and Black Friday sale updates, join the David Jones newsletter and become a David Jones Rewards Member.
A WAKE-UP CALL FOR MARKETERS
Before you start crafting your Black Friday sales and deals, let me tell you something you have probably been turning a blind eye to…
Social Media is not helping your business
- If you are lucky, your organic social media posts are reaching just 2% of your followers. That’s crazy! This is a massive issue affecting thousands of marketers.
- You have been trying hard to build audiences on social media that you do not even own.
- You cannot transfer your hard-earned social media followers to your own CRM or another platform.
- Your customer acquisition costs from social media ads are through the roof.
Book eDigital‘s marketing strategy training that will help you:
- Lower customer acquisition costs.
- Minimise dependency on paid media.
- Build a marketing engine with marketing assets and channels you fully own.
- Craft the best digital marketing plan and social media strategy that boosts sales and customer lifetime value.
5. THE ICONIC
The Iconic website is gearing up for one of the biggest shopping events of the year: Black Friday Sales.
You can save big with amazing deals on a range of clothing, footwear, beauty, homewares, sportswear and accessories.
Start curating your shopping wishlist on the Iconic website. Upgrade your wardrobe for a fraction of the price and start pre-saving coveted clothing from your favourite brands. From shirts and shorts to dresses and jackets, The Iconic has a broad range of discounted fashion apparel to choose from. You can also get the best deals for dinner date outfits with bargain cocktail dresses, strappy heels and handbags. Find your ideal office attire, with chinos, boots, watches and blazers on sale.
Buy from an offering of discounted beauty products on The Iconic website with hair tools, shampoo & conditioner and hair gel that’ll get you ready for the busy silly season. Shake up the contents of your makeup bag with hot offers on foundation, lipstick, eyeshadow and makeup brushes. Revamp your skincare regime with big savings on cleansers, moisturisers and serums. Loading up on wellness essentials shouldn’t have to burn a hole in your pocket, so bag bargains on supplements, diffusers, teas and tonics.
Home is where the hot prices are. Sleep easy with fresh bed sheets, quilt covers and silk pillows on sale. Host delightful dinner parties with The Iconic’s kitchen & dining range, which includes a selection of barware, table linen and serving accessories.
Kickstart your Christmas gifting with some amazing deals. What better timing to begin your Christmas gift shopping than with The Iconic’s Black Friday sale? Shop gifts for your loved ones with gift sets, candles, and tech accessories that will spark joy on Christmas Day. Why not buy a yoga mat and headphones to kickstart your loved one’s New Year’s resolution? Purchase a selection of beach towels, sunglasses, swimwear and more for incoming summer family days spent coast-side.
Learn from last year’s Black Friday marketing campaigns
You can analyse last year’s Black Friday online sales performance and look for insights and trends that may help you with this year’s Black Friday offers.
- What sold well? Did any products outperform your Black Friday expectations last year? Be sure to stock up this year. And since there’s limited time until the big day, stock up soon! And if you are left with other products sitting on your shelves well into the end of November, you can still sell them as part of your Christmas deals.
- What was the average spend per purchase? Are there ways you can increase it? Retailers may want to consider setting up a small impulse-buy section with things most deal seekers are looking for perfumes, jewellery, clothes, handbags, umbrellas, hats and sunglasses. Restaurateurs could set up a display with sampler trays of best-selling appetizers and desserts that can be pre-packaged and recommended to customers who come in to grab nice “Black Friday” deals.
- What times were the busiest? Be sure you’re staffed up and well-stocked during those times during Black Friday day. For other times with low traffic, consider holding a special event and sales to draw in even more traffic and keep your customers browsing longer.
Tip: Make sure you talk to your team, they may offer great input and “Black Friday” deal ideas. With all of this info in hand, you now have a good idea of the Black Friday day-specific items you should focus on this year. From here, you can begin putting together your Black Friday promotion plan by working backwards from the Black Friday date.
Black Friday is coming up at deals website: Catch.com.au and it’s time to start getting ready. Catch has some seriously great Black Friday online deals and sales with a massive range of products on offer across all categories, you’re bound to find a sale on everything you’re looking for this Black Friday.
Black Friday online sales and deal – Marketing planning
Decide what you will promote, when, and where—and be sure to think about all of the Black Friday marketing channels that are available to you, such as email marketing, direct mail, social media, and in-store signage.
Nail down all of the content you need—including headlines, calls-to-action, and social posts—before your Black Friday business starts to pick up. Once you’re happy with it, schedule your campaigns in your email marketing and social media dashboard tools of choice. There’s still time to get at least 1-to 2 Black Friday marketing campaigns out the door.
3. VODAFONE AUSTRALIA
Vodafone Australia is shaking up the market for this year’s Black Friday sales by offering customers huge discounts across its Postpaid and Prepaid mobile handsets (both 4G and 5G) across leading brands like Apple and Samsung and one of the most competitive Home Internet deals ever.
Popular this month > The best 10 Walmart Black Friday discounts and deals.
Black Friday deals online and sales – Execution
As soon as possible, plot out your Black Friday campaigns and have your products ready! Australian customers will be looking for Black Friday offers in early November, so it’s important that you’re ready for them when they start to come to your shop or visit your website.
Craft a nice “Black Friday” decoration on your physical store and/or a nice theme on your website’s home page.
By now you already know the key messages are:
- Massive discounts
- Unique promotions not offered at Christmas
- It is a lifetime deal.
- Do not wait for Christma’s crowds.
This can mean some paper streamers and garlands that you can easily string across your ceiling or displays.
Keep in mind that some marketing tactics take a little more time to execute than others. You may be able to create and deploy Black Friday social media posts up to the last minute, but it might be a little late to plan on rolling out a direct mail campaign. Unless you’re ready to roll this out in the coming days, you may need to rethink your Black Friday marketing strategy to incorporate ideas that can be executed quickly.
If you’ve deployed any Black Friday marketing campaigns already, or plan to in the coming days, be sure to keep an eye on your email and social campaigns to ensure everything you already have scheduled rolls out as planned.
Talk to your team to make sure they’re prepared to handle the Black Friday rush that might ensue, and that they’re prepped with everything they need, especially if you have doorbuster specials and promotions that will bring crowds to wait outside your store even before you open.
2. DELL COMPUTERS
With the Dell Black Friday online sale and deals, you can shop the hottest deals on the latest laptops, desktops, monitors, electronics, alienware, gaming PCs & accessories during one of the biggest sales of the year in Australia.
Track your Black Friday marketing campaign results
If you’ve been preparing for Black Friday since the middle of the year, you’ll have plenty of time to monitor your promotional efforts and tweak anything that doesn’t seem to be working—or double down on what is. If you are already a bit late, there are still a few quick tips you can follow to capitalise on this last-minute Black Friday deal seekers audience:
- Depending on in-store sales, move “Black Friday” related hot-selling items to a more prominent display or introduce new promotions to juice up slow sales.
- For last-minute Black Friday shoppers, there is an opportunity to provide personalised service to help customers find the perfect Black Friday deal and upsell them on additional purchases.
- Run a campaign with Groupon or another Daily deal website! Black Friday sales are now popular in Australian retailing and are becoming of the busiest times of the year for these daily deals websites and draw tons of customers to these sites looking for the best deal!
- Try a “Black Friday” referral marketing campaign with PartnerStack or Tapfiliate. Referral marketing dramatically increases existing customer engagement and new customer acquisition while spreading brand awareness about your Black Friday deals and Black Friday doorbuster promotions.
- Keep your eye on the numbers—and don’t be afraid to adjust your plans as needed—right up through the Black Friday date. Once Black Friday marketing plans are in full swing, you can breathe a sigh of relief, and start thinking about your Christmas campaigns.
It’s Black Friday at Bose! It’s a great time to get the perfect gifts. Enjoy Black Friday online deals on earbuds, headphones and speakers. Limited quantities are available so don’t miss them.
BLACK FRIDAY MARKETING CAMPAIGNS MUST BE CREATIVE
What should a brand do during the Black Friday promotional period?
- Make a parody: with so much going on a parody surely will take people’s attention.
- Think about all types of “Black Friday” deal seekers. Single mothers, families with low incomes, teenagers looking for the best deal, etc.
- Invite your customers to be part of Black Friday via a contest or competition that will bring lots of user-generated content.
WHAT ABOUT BLACK FRIDAY EMAIL CAMPAIGNS?
Did you know you can create email marketing sequences with tools such as Active Campaign for Black Friday? An example can be sending a variety of emails to your last year’s “Black Friday” customers with your best “Black Friday” offers, doorbuster promotions and great content on how to enjoy the day.
Don’t have a Black Friday email template yet? Check out Benchmark templates for Black Friday.
HONOURABLE BLACK FRIDAY MENTIONS
- Adore Beauty
- Country Road
- iPhone 15 black friday discounts and iPhone 14 deals
- Marks and Spencer
- Play Station 5
- Rebel Sports
- The Good Guys
- The Oodie
Need Black Friday marketing support or training? Contact us
Black Friday Sales serve as a kickoff to the end-of-the-year holiday season. Successful marketing during this time can set a positive tone for the rest of the season, leading up to other key shopping days like Cyber Monday and the weeks leading to Christmas sales.
Need training on how to boost your leads and sales online and increase conversions? Contact us today!
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital’s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing campaigns and help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you fully own. The training will stir up your team’s thinking and bring new ideas to activate new conversion paths and effectively boost customer lifetime value.
THE BEST 10 BLACK FRIDAY ONLINE DEALS & SALES IN AUSTRALIA
was brought to you by Mau
Mau helps some of Australia’s ASX 200 companies lower customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media. Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants offering strategy sessions & workshops. Mau‘s premium Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates are used by thousands of marketers