BEST SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST APPS IN 2019 – THE LIST
This is the most up-to-date list of the best social media contests apps, tools, software and platforms to create and run your social media campaigns. Most of the listed tools offer good social media contest examples, ideas and case studies so you can learn more about them. Some of these tools even go the extra mile to help you with your social media contest naming, contest optimisation, prize selection, winner picker method, contest type selection (quiz contest, photo contest, etc) disclaimer whether you are a restaurant or an event promoter or simply running a contest for your employees.
Having a look at some of their cool social media contest ideas will help you understand their powerful features for specific competition types or when creating contests for special events such as mother’s day, christmas or for specific clients: restaurant, museum, event
Doing a social media contest should not be difficult when using one of the below tools. Have fun creating and running your next social media contest and do not be afraid to brainstorm with your provider for a great social media contest idea.
Every social media contest tool listed offer a unique way to create, run and conduct, promote, pick a winner and report (statistics and users data collection) on your social media contest. Before you pay for a long term social media contest plan make sure you choose a social media contest app that is the most effective and also easy to use. Check with your lawyer there are no legal issues and that your contest adhere to current local laws.
Note: some of the below social media contest platforms offer a free trial which is great. If you still need a good social media contest idea, or not sure how to set up your contest rules; please send us an email we are happy to help out.
We use social media contests apps to turn social media followers into subscribers, Once they have become subscribers we can engage with them in a more personal way” Mark Trentino, Social Media Manager.
BEFORE YOU SELECT A SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST APP / PLATFORM
- Define what’s the purpose of your social media contest.
- Double check with your team that you all are clear on the top key benefits the contest will bring to your business.
- Is there any educational material or case studies you have read to put in practise the top social media contests best practises?
BEST SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST APPS IN 2019 – THE LIST
Please note that Adobe Social bought Efficient Frontier in 2011 who also bought Context Optional in 2011. Context Optional used to be a social media tool to run competitions.
AgoraPulse is an online consumer competitions and social media posting tool (scheduling and publishing content) in one platform.AgoraPulse offers a variety of apps to run and measure social media promotions. Run free contests —quiz, photo contest, or a sweepstakes— on your Facebook timeline. Facebook apps include instant win, personality test, fan vote, coupon app, and more. Allows you to avoid multiple entries from the same person, just one competition entry per user. Great nice visual reports Price: Plans start at $29 per month, however you can start with their free trial that includes:
- Social Conversations Management at Lightning Speed. Never miss incoming content and get to inbox Zero in minutes.
- Easy Social Media Publishing. Schedule, collaborate and publish across the major social networks from one place.
- Identify New Business Opportunities. See who’s talking about you and find prospects, brand influencers and ambassadors
- Shareable Social Media Analytics. Your social media analytics can be easily exported to powerpoint with awesome graphics.
Binkd is a social promotions platform to run a hashtag sweepstakes, refer-a-friend contest, instant win, coupon app, trivia contest, or enter-to-win sweepstakes. Grow and engage your audience with a contest or sweepstakes on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Run an Instagram contest or a Twitter and Vine promotion to build your list of followers and grow your social reach. Price: Plans start at $29 per month
CISION (Former Vocus, North Social)
Constant contact apart from their popular email service, it is also a social media marketing platform. You can create a sweepstakes, coupons, or downloadable content. Easily create a professional-looking Facebook landing page, then promote it with email and social media. Track your Facebook promotion with easy-to-read reporting and stats. Price: $45 per month.
Some of the consumer competitions and contest you can run with easy promos are:
- Sweepstakes: Create a sweepstakes among the users who comment on a post on your Instagram profile. You can ask as a requirement that they follow your brand and filter the finalists based on number of friends tagged. Includes tool to pick winners randomly, automatically and transparently.
- Instagram Photo Competitions: Organise a photo contest among your followers on Instagram. Publish the photo competition on Instagram and on any website. Photography contests are great to create engagement, visibility and UGC. Manage and moderate the entries and pick a winner.
- Your first competition is FREE on Easy Promos!
Gleam’s app offers free and paid plans. This social media contest tool allows to offer bonus points for entrants who follow social media accounts of the competition organiser. Run by only a half dozen Australians, powers more than 5,000 paying customers and is a simple, clean social media contest provider. Being as small as they are, the self service aspect of their app is a big part of it, as there’s not huge resources to help you get set up. Key features:
- 1-Click entry
- Mobile optimization
- 20+ languages supported
- Bonus entry and �viral sharing� popups
- Integrations with email and CRM platforms
HELLO WORLD (former ePrize, Bulbstorm)
Hootsuite offers you a variety of promotional tools, including social media contest tools for Twitter, Instagram, Vine, and Pinterest. You can create and run a photo, video, or essay contest with Hootsuite. Some of the most popular contest using this tool include: quiz, poll, sweepstakes, caption contest, commenting sweepstakes, or voting gallery. Price: Premium plans start at $9.99 per month.
HEYO (former Lujure)
Heyo is a smart contest tool that caters to small businesses and agencies/consultants. They offer attractive contest templates, a simple, intuitive user interface, and great support.
A distinguishing feature of Heyo is that all of their contest apps are mobile responsive so you won’t miss out on any mobile leads.
Publishing Options: Facebook, Mobile, Website (Web version can also be embedded into your website)
Social Media Integrations: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn
Campaign Options: Sweepstakes, Photo Contest, Refer-a-Friend, Group Deal, Video Contest, Free Download.
Pricing: Heyo offers a 7 day free trial. After that you can choose from several paid plans that start at $30/month.
- Heyo also offers a drag-and-drop contest builder so you can build your own contest app from scratch
- Heyo offers white labeling and high volume plans for agencies and large brands
- Heyo run regular webinars for customers to teach them how to be successful with contests
- Compatible Platforms. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Campaign Types. Photo contests
- Pricing. Monthly plans (starting at $69/month) and yearly plans (starting at $500/year) are available.
- Customer Case Studies. Open and Closed contests available for viewing.
- This app is Instagram focused, but there are options to participate via Facebook, Twitter, and direct photo upload.
- Engagement is made easy with the ability to like and comment on entries within the platform.
- You can easily embed your contest landing page or just the photo gallery on any website.
Facebook Incentivised referral platform.
- Compatible Platforms: Facebook, Website
- Campaign Types: Photo Contest, Video Contest, Deals, Quiz, Caption Contest, Tug of War and more for Acquisition, Engagement and Conversion
- Pricing: Pay per campaign or subscription options are available.
- Customer Case Studies: SoulCycle, McCormick, and more.
- Our Notes: All apps are fully optimized for Apple iOS and Google Android devices. Geo-targeting for multiple countries and regions, plus translate campaigns with one click (supports 17 languages).
Pagemodo is a platform for promoting on Facebook. Pagemodo features photo contests, video and essay contests, trivia questions, and games. Run a sweepstakes or giveaway with winners chosen at random or manually. Easily track your performance. Promote your contests and sweepstakes on Twitter and LinkedIn. Price: Basic is $6.25 per month. Pro is $13.25 per month
Great tool to create viral consumer giveaways and contests. Competition entrants win bonus points every time they refer or share the contest to their friends or in social media. The downside of Queue is:
- Contest entrants can only select up to 29 gmail contacts at the same time, the system is not designed to enter in whole contact list at the same time. Limiting the amount of people the entrants can refer the contest to.
- The Instagram follow does not work as part of winning extra bonus points. It is there as an option but it does not get counted as bonus points.
GROWTH MARKETING CONFERENCE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION CONFIRMATION
GROWTH MARKETING CONFERENCE – REFERRAL EMAIL
to be used forTwitter photo contests and Vine video contests
Rafflecopter is a quick and easy social media contest software solution to host a contests and giveaway across Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. You can select your prize, choose your entry methods, and start collecting entries. When your giveaway is over, the tools helps you select and announce your winners quite easy. You can customise one of their contest template to match your brand. Price: Free plan for standard entries. Basic plan is $13 per month.
- Compatible Platforms: Facebook, Website/Blog, Instagram, Twitter
- Campaign Types: Photo Polls or Contests, Quiz, Instant Win, Promotion, Slideshow, Downloads, Reviews, and more.
- Pricing: FREE plan for basic apps. Monthly plans and yearly pricing is available if you want reporting, support, or other additional services.
- Customer Case Studies. Washington Redskins and more.
- Visual examples provided for each app offered.
- There is a free do-it-yourself option.
- Special rates for non-profit organizations.
- Compatible Platforms: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Website, Email
- Campaign Types: Photo contests, Video Contests, Caption Contests, Sweepstakes, Offers & Coupons, Polls & Surveys, Trivia
- Pricing: Pricing starts at $1,650/month billed annually.
- Customer Case Studies: avaialble on website.
- Other content apps include Interactive Infographics and Galleries.
- Over 40 fully customizable engagement types available.
- Customizable dashboard to measure ROI.
A great tool not only to create and run contests but also it helps you get explicit permission to use that content via their Rights Management tool. Shortstack lets you run Facebook contests with voting restrictions and fraud prevention. Host an Instagram contest; promote on Twitter. Embed campaigns on your website, or publish to the web. Run giveaways and video contests. Access real-time data, including views, traffic sources, number of entries, shares, and more.Price: Free plan for up to 5,000 campaign visits per 30 days. Paid plans start at $29 per month. Key feature:
- ShortStack leaves the poster a comment asking for their consent. When they reply yes, ShortStack detects the reply and notifies you that you’re free to use the content. For example it can comment: “We love your photo! We’d like to share it on our website and social channels. To give us permission, please reply with “#yesyoucan.” It’s actually possible to ask for any permission because the message that is sent from ShortStack can be fully customised.
- ShortStack can also hold voting competitions or offer discounts.
- This platform also offers you a competition embedding code so you can add the code on any page on your website.
- They also offer autoresponders which are a great way to stay connected with your visitors after a contest or other promotion. And you can customise the email to include anything you want, including unique referral URLs, coupons and deals, featured products and links to your social profiles.
- ShortStack for WordPress plugin lets you quickly embed your ShortStack contests, giveaways, lead-gen forms and promotions on your WordPress site using a simple shortcode. Their data shows that campaigns embedded to a website or blog get 83 percent more views and 3x more entries than campaigns published to Facebook alone.
Helps you run Instagram contests.
Strutta is a social promotion platform to easily launch a sweepstakes or contest across multiple social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Use custom templates and mobile themes. Access the do-it-yourself builder to customize your design, or get professional design assistance. Price: Starts at $249 per promotion
(You can create Instagram and Pinterest competitions linked to your Facebook page).
Votigo is a social marketing platform with do-it-yourself or full-service solutions. Run sweepstakes, photo and video contests, hashtag campaigns, polls, quizzes, coupons, and more. Schedule and track campaigns and posts. Track and moderate entries. Leverage social Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, mobile, and web. Plans start at $29 per month
Double Click bought Wildfire which was also a popular tool to create and publish social media competitions.
Wishpond is a lead generation platform to create landing pages and contests, track leads, automate email campaigns, and more. Run Facebook sweepstakes, photo contests, Instagram hashtag contests, and more. Quickly build, publish, and split-test landing pages. Price: Plans start at $44 per month
Woobox is a popular social media contest app to run consumer contests and competitions. With Woobox you can create, run and deploy different types of social media contest inncluding sweepstakes, photo contests, quizzes, video contests, instant win, pin to win, pick a winner, leaderboard, prize claim, and more. Woobox even has a brackets app to pit choices against each other and have users predict the matchups, score them, and show leaderboards. Access to all apps is $30 per month.
BEST SOCIAL MEDIA CONTESTS APPS
was brought to you by…
Award Winner Digital Marketer, top Linkedin Influencer, Certified Facebook / Adwords Professional, Certified SEO Consultant, StartUp Investor, Writer, Speaker. 15+ years optimising some of Australia’s top brands. MAU.trains marketers via Strategy Workshops & Training Sessions inc his popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates. MAU. enjoys football, latin music & hiking while teaching Digital Marketing or completing creative photography briefs and conceptual photography assignments. Subscribe to MAU.’s e-newsletter connect on LinkedIn Instagram Facebook
eDigital – Australia’s “Digital Marketing” Destination
Share your opinion below 😀 ⇓