INSTRUCTIONS FOR WEB DEVELOPER TO ADD YOU AS A GOOGLE ANALYTICS ADMINISTRATOR
WHAT YOUR WEB DEVELOPER SHOULD DO TO GET YOU AS GOOGLE ANALYTICS ADMIN – STEPS
- Web developer to Login to her Google Analytics where she has all her different clients Google Analytics accounts including yours.
- Web developer to select your account by clicking on the ‘Account button” with an arrow located top right corner of Google Analytics – right next to the Google Analytics logo.
- Click on “Properties and Apps” and select your property
- Click on “Views” and select your views
- Your web developer should by now be on your property!
- Now web developer to click on the “Admin” tab located on the left hand side down corner
- Web developer to click on “User management” under the middle column called “Property”
- Web developer to type the email address of the person that needs to be an admin
- Web developer to click on the arrow next to “Read and Analyse”
- Web developer to tick “Manage users” option.
- Web developer to click on “Add”
- Viola! You should be an Admin of your Google Analytics account!
If – for some reason – the above instructions do not work out, it is likely that your web developer has not followed best practices about creating new separate accounts for clients.
Create a new Google Analytics account and then pass the Google Analytics tracking code to your web developer so he can paste it on the header tag of your website. This way you truly own and manage your own Google Analytics account and do not have anyone (not even your developer) having access to it.
If you are aiming to run re-marketing campaign using acquisition channels such as Facebook ads, Twitter ads, Adroll advertising, and many others I suggest you should implement a Google Tag Manager Account from the very beginning and have your Google Analytics code within Google Tag Manager. This is a bit more advanced, still not complex and worth it.
Not sure how to do this? Let our Google Analytics implementation experts do this for you! Contact eDigital today 🙂
HOW TO ASK YOUR WEB DEVELOPER TO ADD YOU AS A GOOGLE ANALYTICS ADMINISTRATOR
was brought to you by…
Award Winner Digital Marketer, top Linkedin Influencer, Certified Facebook / Adwords Professional, Certified SEO Consultant, StartUp Investor, Writer, Speaker. 15+ years optimising some of Australia’s top brands. MAU.trains marketers via Strategy Workshops & Training Sessions inc his popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates. MAU. enjoys football, latin music & hiking while teaching Digital Marketing or completing creative photography briefs and conceptual photography assignments. Subscribe to MAU.’s e-newsletter connect on LinkedIn Instagram Facebook
eDigital – Australia’s “Digital Marketing” Destination
Share your opinion below 😀 ⇓