With Amplitude, you can understand user behaviour to grow your product. Build better products by turning user data into meaningful insights. Master product retention and customer analysis. There is a useful demo you can watch to learn more about this web analytics tool. Key features include:
- Next-level behavioural cohorting. Group users are defined by their actions within a specific time period and segment with unprecedented flexibility
- See where users drop off and convert. Track funnel conversions, user flows, and event volumes to uncover what users are doing in your product.
- Monitor who uses what, and how often. Breakdown growth of any interaction, feature, or product by new, current, resurrected, and dormant users.
- Find, and build for the most optimal conversion path. See the top common paths users can take to convert and complete workflows.
- Grow retention. Identify actions, features, and products that correlate with higher retention and repeat purchases
Popular today > The top 10 social media marketing trends
17. ADOBE ANALYTICS (FORMER OMNITURE)
Adobe Analytics (Former Omniture) has been one of the leaders’ web analytics tools in The Forrester Wave™: Web Analytics Report. Using AI, machine learning, and other advanced technology, your marketing team can go beyond visits, page views, and bounce rates to find customer insights that really drive improvements to user experience and conversion rates.
✅ Marketers are using > The best bots and apps for free real Instagram followers
15. BONTEUS (former LunaMetrics)
Standard analytics packages can reveal trends, but do not provide the sophisticated feature set that can help uncover new insights. Enterprise solutions like Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics 360 go beyond the basics, making your data more meaningful and giving you an insights-driven competitive advantage. Bonteous works with you to determine if Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics 360 is the right solution, implement it, and empower you to use its full range of features. Some services include:
- Integrated Data & Marketing Analysis
- Campaign Attribution
- Cross-Platform Integration
- Google Tag Manager
- Adobe Launch (DTM) Configuration
- Over-The-Top Mobile App Implementation
- BigQuery Analysis
- Data-Driven Attribution Modeling
- Content & Channel Attribution
- DV360 Integration Support
- Customer Data Platforms
Is your social media working? > Write the best social media strategy plan with this premium template
14. CHECK MY ANALYTICS
Check My Analytics is a great tool that will check your web analytics implementations. Key areas this tool will check are:
- Google Analytics code
- Site search, funnels and goals implementation
- Adword implementation and custom campaign tracking
- Internal visit filters including duplicated filters check
- Behaviour tests
The tests are completed in seconds, utilising Google’s official Analytics API.
You will also like > The best video editing software, apps and tools
CleverTap is an omnichannel customer engagement and user retention platform that helps brands create experiences and drive user engagement. Some of its behavioural analytics software benefits include:
- Find Patterns with Funnels, Cohorts, and Trends. Understand how users navigate your app and behave over time.
- View Uninstall Trends. Track uninstalls to understand churn and create effective win-back campaigns.
- Rich User Profiles. Get a centralized, real-time view of any user that includes data from all sources and an activity log.
- Insights. With this add-on, discover patterns with customizable analytics to better understand your users.
- Real Impact. Tie marketing dollars spent to dollars earned and align marketing efforts to larger business goals.
Marketers are reading > The top 10 graphic design trends right now
Glassbox offers customer experience analytics solutions for websites and mobile apps. Find out what customers do while visiting your app or website and why. Glassbox will give you the data and insights you need to optimise your users’ experiences.
Marketers are reading > What time zone does Google Analytics use?
11. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Google Analytics is one of the oldest and free web analytics tools available. It is a great tool to get familiar with Web Analytics when new marketers and business owners want to find out more about website and app performance. You can contact one of our Google Analytics specialists for support installing this tool and setting up the right reports that will bring you the best insights for your business.
Page Analytics – Chrome plugin
Once this extension is launched, a bar on the top of your website’s pages will appear highlighting data about how visitors interact with your website. It’ll show what your visitors click and what they don’t, total and unique page views, bounce rate, time on a page, etc.
Google URL Builder
This tool allows you to easily add campaign parameters to URLs so you can track Custom Campaigns in Google Analytics.
⚡️ Trending today > The best Instagram analytics apps and tools
10. GOOGLE DATA STUDIO
Google Data Studio can help you generate clear, colourful reports and dashboards you can use to get the insights you need. Google Data Studio integrates data from sources like Google Analytics and Google AdWords and turns it all into beautiful custom reports that are easy to read and share. Use it to:
- Visualize the numbers with Data Studio templates
- Put all your data to work in one shareable space with Google Drive
- Empower your team with access to the numbers as they need them
- Work together from anywhere as you collaborate on reports
✔︎ Don’t miss > The best Google Analytics tools
The GoSquared Customer Data Hub automatically brings together all the information on your contacts, users, and customers. Some of its key features:
- Track users in real-time. Find the actions people are taking in your app. Track every event triggered by every user, in real-time.
- Segment users easily. Easily build and save groups such as “latest signups”, “new customers”, or “users likely to churn”.
- View a live profile for each contact. View a unified profile, combining activity across all devices, and information from external tools.
Find out > How to delete a Google Analytics user
Heap builds analytics infrastructure that powers decisions for over 6,000 online businesses. While other analytics tools require you to define events upfront and manually instrument code, Heap automatically captures everything: clicks, submissions, and taps — which lets users analyse data instantly and retroactively without writing code. It works for both websites and mobile apps.
You will also like > How to check Google Analytics tracking code is working correctly
Hitsteps Analytics is a powerful real-time website visitor manager, it allows you to view and interact with your visitors in real-time. Key features include:
- Visitor Hostname and Organization
- Live Chat
- Page speed metre
- Heat map
Popular read > How to track and measure social media on Google Analytics
Mixpanel is a behavioural analytics tool for mobile apps and websites. Key features include:
- Build visualizations to answer questions like “How do this year’s logins compare to last year’s?” and break it down by week, browser, device, or any other segment. Marketers love it as they can dig deeper.
- Measure the success of new feature launches. See whether your features impact user behaviour. Go beyond just adoption numbers and correlations with causal models that account for external factors
- Learn about your users’ behaviour. Zoom in on a single user’s profile and activity feed to understand who they are, and where they’re hitting roadblocks in your product.
- Visualise your user experience goals. Pick a goal action, such as “Purchase” or “Watch Video,” and see what paths users take to get there, and what they do afterwards. With these insights, you will be able to better guide your website visitors. You can also compare user flows for free users vs paid users and see how you can get more users to upgrade or buy more, more premium or more frequent.
⚡️ Trending today > How to use Google Analytics guide
5. PALANTIR FOUNDRY
More than a web analytics tool, organisations use Palantir Foundry to make data-driven sales departments. With Foundry, you can:
- Identify new sales opportunities. With access to all data about how a customer has interacted with the company, your sales team has brand-new targets they couldn’t surface before.
- Engage in data – and context-driven – sales conversations. With all the data about a given customer, your competitors, and the products, you can communicate true value-add, instead of simply negotiating on price.
- Driving large efficiency gains. By integrating all relevant data sources into a common ontology layer, you can answer both basic and complex questions about your customers in minutes, not weeks.
- Testing hypotheses with real data. Foundry allows you to iterate on complex hypotheses with real historical data before leadership deploys new sales tactics in practice.
- Aligning the organisation from top to bottom. By building and constantly iterating on KPIs within the flexible ontology, your entire organisation – from the CEO to the sales executive – has a singular and measurable definition of success.
- Aligning the organization across functions. With Foundry, your entire data community enriches a single ontology.
Segment is a customer data platform (CDP) that helps you collect, clean and control your customer data. Enable the best product analytics, A/B testing, and data warehouse tools with the flip of a switch.
Not sure what to sell? The top fastest-growing industries list
SessionCam app can record each customer journey made on your website, including performed activities, tracking conversions, and creating heat maps. Sessioncam also provides the ability to replay new sessions and see recordings right in Google Analytics.
Sessioncam Heatmaps replay usability conversion
Don’t miss > The best Attribution modelling tools
2. TRIPLE WHALE
Triple Whale provides an analytics platform for Shopify websites. The platform combines data visualisation and attribution in a dashboard that presents and illustrates marketing and eCommerce KPIs in an actionable way, offering great insights.
In the early days of Web Analytics (1998-2005) Webtrends was one of the key competitors to Omniture and Google Analytics. They have pivoted and now they focus on offering Analytics services for Microsoft Sharepoint Websites. Webtrends Analytics for SharePoint has now been designed specifically for the intricacies and nuances of SharePoint and is used by hundreds of companies using Sharepoint. To get the most out of Microsoft SharePoint, you need a detailed, visitor-level view of your site’s activity and usage delivered by Webtrends.
Some of the above best Web analytics tools provide valuable data and insights about website and online marketing performance.
These top web analytics tools empower marketers to collect, analyse, and leverage data to improve website performance, enhance user experiences, optimise marketing campaigns, make informed decisions and ultimately achieve better results.
Need training on how to boost your leads and sales online and increase conversions? Contact us today!
Hundreds of marketers have supported us with their generous donations. Donate today! or join 5k+ marketers receiving our e-newsletter.
Final note: Want to reduce customer acquisition costs and dependency on paid media? eDigital’s marketing strategy training will unmercifully review your marketing campaigns and help you build a marketing engine with channels and assets you fully own. The training will stir up your team’s thinking and bring new ideas to activate new conversion paths and effectively boost customer lifetime value.
THE BEST WEB ANALYTICS TOOLS IN 2024
was brought to you by Mau
Mau is one of the most popular marketing consultants helping marketers like you lower customer acquisition costs and paid media dependency through custom training and strategy sessions. Mau‘s popular Digital Marketing Plan & Social Media Plan templates are used by thousands of marketers.
Book Mau for your next training day or join 5k+ marketers receiving Mau’s e-newsletter