GOOGLE ADWORDS NEW FEATURES APRIL 2014
Google Adwords New Features – April 2014.
Also you can read the whole Adwords blog post explanation here.
Key new features and Innovations:
BETTER AdWords for App promotion and Usage.
People are living their lives online, looking for the content that’s most useful for them — sometimes this content is on websites, sometimes in mobile apps. For many years, Google offered popular formats through Google search ads and our AdMob network to help you promote your app. This April 2014, Google announced the next generation of these features across Google search ads, their Display Network and YouTube. Learn more.
- Better discovery: For businesses looking to promote app installs on the AdMob network, Google enable you to reach people who are your most likely customers, based on the apps they use, the frequency of use and the types of in-app purchases they make. For example, if you exercise regularly and use an app to measure how far you run, you might see an ad for an app that helps you measure the foods you eat and calories consumed. On YouTube, Google is enabling app installs as an enhancement to the current TrueView offering.
- Easier re-engagement: Over 80% of downloaded apps are used only once and then deleted.* Lots of businesses are able to get their apps onto a device, but might never see their customer again. A new app re-engagement campaign type in AdWords for both search and display so that consumers can be taken directly into already-installed apps. For example, if someone has the HotelTonight app installed on their phone and searches for “hotels in San Francisco” on Google.com, they can go directly to the specific page in HotelTonight about SF hotels, instead of being taken to the app’s main landing page.
- Enhanced measurement: In AdWords advertisers soon be able to measure conversions across the entire lifecycle of the app – from install to re-engagement to in-app purchases.
- Better measurement = better campaigns: Last year, Google introduced Estimated Total Conversions to help advertisers measure the full value of their campaigns, including phone calls and conversions that occur across devices. As people search more online for local businesses and then go into the store to make purchases, Google is testing ways to measure the effectiveness of search ads at driving in-store sales, using anonymised purchase data from retail partners.
For businesses looking for new customers, the increase in constant connectivity means that the scale of campaigns is growing. Google is now bringing enterprise-class workflow, reporting, and optimization tools to AdWords.
- More bulk actions: With new bulk capabilities for extensions and settings, Adwords advertisers are now able to easily set up campaign settings like location targeting and ad rotation across all campaigns (even if they have thousands of them!). This should be particularly useful for big seasonal promotions, when advertisers might want to update all of their campaigns at once.
- Automated bidding: Google Adwords is adding the ability to maximise the number of conversions or the total value of conversions. For example, if you’re a car maker, you’ll be able to set up your campaign to allocate your budget in a way that maximises the number of people who visit your site to design a custom vehicle.
- Advanced reporting: New multi-dimensional data analysis and visualisation tools so you can perform most, if not all of your data analysis, right here inside AdWords. Google is also making it easy to turn your data into tables, graphs and charts.
- Your own lab: Advertisers will be able to prepare ideas for their campaigns, see what they’ll look like, and then run tests with live traffic as an experimental trial. Advertisers now can experiment with almost anything in their campaign, including bid changes, new keywords, different campaign settings, special bids for times and locations, different kinds of ad formats, and more.
- Find more about Google adwords pricing, how cost are calculated and how much will your click cost.
- Follow eDigital on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, BlogSpot.
- Connect with Mauricio Escobar on LinkedIn.
GOOGLE ADWORDS NEW FEATURES APRIL 2014
WAS WRITTEN BY
Mauricio Escobar is the Global Head of Digital Marketing Strategy at eDigital 🏆 One of Australia’s Top 10 Most Visited Marketing Websites. Mauricio is Sydney based Top Linkedin Australian Marketing Influencer (over 5k connections) who trains marketing and agency teams with Best Digital Marketing Practice via Strategy Workshops, Campaign Management, templates & Training Sessions. Mauricio enjoys photography & teaching Digital Marketing. Certified Facebook/Adwords Digital Marketer – Social Media Specialist – Sydney SEO Consultant – StartUp Investor – International Speaker. Contact Mauricio or follow him on Instagram – Facebook. Subscribed to his e-newsletter
NOW YOUR TURN!
Share your opinion or your best tip below 😀 ⇓