BEST DIGITAL MARKETING TOOLS – 2017 LIST
This Top Best Digital Marketing tools 2017 list is a very useful resource for marketers and business owners who are looking for better ways to design, plan, execute, report and measure their Digital and Social Media Marketing strategies. If you know about a great tool, please let us know is the facebook comments box at the end of this article. Do not forget to pin or bookmark this list so you can find it easily in the future.
BEST DIGITAL MARKETING TOOLS
With over eighteen hundred marketing tools, platforms and tech vendors available, it is not easy to know which exact tools can help you get the most of your digital marketing dollars. Below are some of our prefer Digital Marketing tools. Any feedback or suggestions are welcome! 🙂
If you want to compare any of the below tools, use Trust Radius for software comparison, it will give you an indicative of what real users think about those tools, platforms and software.
WHAT IS AN “ENTERPRISE READY” DIGITAL MARKETING TOOL?
If you’ve spent any time reviewing or shopping for marketing technology, it’s a safe bet you’ve encountered an “enterprise” version of almost every platform or tool on the market. For marketers, looking to add new capabilities to their tech stack, “enterprise” has a very real meaning. Its synonymous with robustness, continual innovation and improvement and – importantly – security, flexibility and scalability. Unfortunately, many platforms out there see “enterprise” as merely a positioning tactic. Slapping “enterprise” in front of your brand name is a cheap way to leverage the attention of marketers with real challenges. For those digital marketing tools “enterprise” often just means “expensive” and nothing more.
WHAT TO LOOK ON AN “ENTERPRISE READY” DIGITAL MARKETING TOOL
Security – Safeguarding your company’s data should be a top priority for every organisation. Most large organisations will already have data management and privacy policies in place. To comply with these policies, enterprises often need their digital marketing tools to have access management controls and authentication systems.
Scalability – The larger the organisation and customer base, the greater the demands on their systems. Enterprise marketing teams need to know that any technology they’re adopting can handle current and future system demands with minimal maintenance and administrative oversight. Is it easy to expand usage to new users or regional divisions? Will it be agile enough to seamlessly integrate with our other digital marketing tool stack?
Flexibility – Enterprise challenges are constantly evolving and new technologies are emerging to solve these problems, so it’s critical to build a digital marketing stack that will be able to accommodate and play nicely with any new system you may need to integrate in the future. Different digital marketing tools that can easily connect and communicate with one another can optimise workflows to increase productivity and data visibility and insights.
THE TOP BEST DIGITAL MARKETING TOOLS – 2017 LIST
ANIMATED IMAGES (GIFS)
- Giphy for Chrome – With this extension you can search GIF images and add them to your posts on social media and emails by dragging and dropping or right clicking.
APPS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA VIDEOS
- ANCHOR VIDEOS Anchor Video is a new pretty slick tool that magically transforms audio files to video, transcribing content into easy-to-follow (highly shareable) text you can listen to (on mute). You will like it because most major social platforms aren’t built for audio-consumption. Sharing a URL to an hour-long podcast on Facebook will rarely convert to direct listeners in the moment. On the other hand, auto playing videos with mute-friendly captions are #trending and an effective way to grab peoples’ attention. Anchor’s new tool lets you trim audio clips so you can share a minute from an insightful podcast, transcribed with captions. Here’s an example.
APP INTEGRATION SOFTWARE
APP STORE OPTIMISATION
- App Store Analytics SensorTower – This extension shows detailed app store analytics, including information about category rankings, competitors, review summaries, and downloads. In addition, you can also track and optimise your keywords rankings.
- Play Store Reviews – This tool that enables you to export your app’s reviews on Google Play into one JSON file. The extension gathers information about the number of stars, version of the application, comment’s author, date, time, title and text for any given review.
- Rakuten Marketing: Check out Feb 16 Webinar presentation about attribution (pdf document)
- Learn how other e-commerce businesses use marketing automation to build their brand, sell more stuff, and stay connected with their customers with MailChimp’s free marketing automation features give you the power to stay connected with customers while removing manual tasks from your to-do list. To help you get started or ramp up your efforts, MailChimp has developed a series of educational resources that cover every aspect of automation. They’ll explain how it works, how you can combine different automations types, and everything in between.
BANNER ADS TOOLS
- Moat Search for the latest brands banners ads if you need some banner layout or design inspiration
BRANDING & DESIGN
- Ae tuts
- Design Taxi
- Fuck Yeah, Book Arts
- 50 Free, Professional Branding Kits to Use Now
- Free Icons: 50 Best Sites To Find Free Icons
- 100 Brilliant Color Combinations: And How to Apply Them
- Design Skills for Non-Designers: Free Tutorial Series
B2B SALES PROSPECTING TOOLS
- Iganta: £99/monthAccess to 3.5M+ companies database. Basic search using name or number. Access to 3.5M+ companies database. Build lists of companies based on a variety of criteria, including financial information, legal charges, sector & location. 250 full company profiles including phone numbers and email addresses added to exportable lists/month per team member. No contract
CALL TRACKING TOOLS
- Fone Dynamics offers a call tracking product that allows you to record and track calls in Google Analytics and AdWords the exact same way as you would track regular traffic. Simple installation, it offers a no-cost white-label portal, wholesale options.
- Ruler Analytics this is a Multi-touch Call tracking and Marketing Attribution tool for your forms, phone Calls, live Chat & eCommerce integrated with your CRM. Pricing starts at 99 euros per month.
CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORKS
- The Creative Process for Programmatic. A guide for marketers by Double Click. PDF Infographic.
CART ABANDONMENT SOLUTION
- Ghostmonitor: collects email addresses once users get to your shopping cart and if they do not complete transaction, the tool sends automated email reminders for users to complete purchase. $10/month by Feb 2016.
CLASSES & APPOINTMENTS BOOKING SOFTWARE
- Mindbody Software is a studio management software for yoga, pilates, personal training, dance, martial arts, spas and salons. Use this tool to acquire, manage your customer appointment schedules and payments. Contact us to show you a demo.
CHROME EXTENSIONS TOOLS
- Extensity Do you have to many extensions installed on your chrome browser?. Don’t want to overload your chrome browser and easily gather and manage all your chrome extensions with Extensity.
CONTENT DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
Type a keyword and Content Ideator Headline Generator tool will present relevant titles within seconds.
Coschedule Headline Analyser will help you write headlines that drive traffic, shares and search results
is free tool will analyse your headline to determine the Emotional Marketing Value (EMV) score. Reaching your customers in an deep and emotional way is a key to successful copywriting, and your headline is unquestionably the most important piece of copy you use to reach prospects. Your headline will be analysed and scored based on the total number of EMV words it has in relation to the total number of words it contains. This will determine the EMV score of your headline. In addition to the EMV score, You will find out which emotion inside your customer’s your headline most impacts. Emotions will be grouped as:
- Intellectual: Words which are especially effective when offering products and services that require reasoning or careful evaluation.
- Empathetic: Words which resonate in with Empathetic impact often bring out profound and strong positive emotional reactions in people.
- Spiritual: Words which have the strongest potential for influence and often appeal to people at a very deep emotional level.
Grammarly is a great tool to check inadvertent writing errors which can go unnoticed by human proofreaders. With Grammarly, you write professionally and with confidence. It will also saves you from possible embarrassment which arises due to typo or punctuation errors.
Hemingway Editor is a very useful content development tool that can help you get rid of poor writing. Hemingway will suggests words that can be avoided and the sentences which can be made shorter. The tool will also suggests synonyms which will make the content more readable and persuasive. Your quality of writing will improve significantly and subsequently, the time taken to write great content pieces will decrease.
Yieldify tracks your visitors’ behaviour and serves personalised content on-site to give them a reason to stay and convert.
Conversion rate optimisation software that swoops in to recover abandoning visitors and turn them into customers. Exit-intent technology tracks your visitors’ mouse movements, serving up offers when they stray from your critical path. Customisable design templates let you optimise your offers on the fly, no development needed. Your most valuable customer segments are shown through real-time data about visits, impressions, and conversions, giving you insights of the offers that makes your take action.
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT TOOLS
This is a tool that can help you protect your content and monitor for infringing works. Copyscape offers a free plagiarism checker to search for stolen content. It helps you double-check that no one has stolen your content. Just plug in a URL for the content that you believe has been copied and Copyscape will let you know if any copies have popped up.
You can ask google to remove copyright material from their web search results. Fill in this Google Infringement Notification, if Google accepts the request, they’ll remove the content from their search results. Not only will this affect the particular page of stolen content, but it can also impact the entire site’s SEO potential.
CREATIVE AGENCIES AUSTRALIA
creative professionals and designers who can do small tasks for just $5.
One of the award winning creative agencies in Australia
Crowd sourced creative ideas and videos.
database of best advertising and marketing ideas and strategies from successful brands.
CONTENT MARKETING PROVIDERS
you can hire journalist for very specific article assignments.
promote your blog posts, articles, infographics, videos, slideshows, podcasts, press coverage, third party reviews and other earned media in other highly relevant websites and news portals. Outbrain does not accept home pages, self promotional content, adult content or content with misleading advertising techniques. Targeting options include: target audiences by country, by platform (mobile, tablet, desktop), publisher blocking and KPI optimisation.
CUSTOMER SERVICE PLATFORMS
- Dream Support Outsource your customer service to Dream Support. Smooth training and on-boarding. An experienced support guru and a tech geek will supervise your new team player and back him up. Convenient integration: the support process is integrated into your help desk. Regular reports based on customer support success metrics. Multilingual speakers: English, Chinese, German, Russian and other languages your customer might need.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT COMMUNICATION – BEST PRACTICES
DATA VISUALISATION TOOLS
DIGITAL CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENT
- DYNAMIC PRICING STRATEGIES. eDigital is offering free consultation sessions to online retailers on how to implement dynamic pricing and alert online visitors when products they are interested in drop in price or are restocked. The end goal is to have the shopper complete the purchase as a result of these type of notifications/alerts. These alerts make it possible for retailers to re-market to their customers to improve the likelihood of checkout. Abandoned carts are a major problem for online retailers. Approximately 72% of online shoppers are likely to abandon their carts and only 8% will return to make the purchase. Reduce cart abandonment rates and set up dynamic pricing and alerts today, contact us!
DIGITAL MARKETING TEMPLATES
- Creative Photography brief template – Word
- Digital Marketing Plan Template – Word
- Event Planning Template
- Free Mobile App Development Brief Template- Word
- Free Strategic Marketing Plan Template – Word
- Influencer Brief Template – Word
- PR Campaign Briefing template – Word
- Social Media Marketing Plan Template
- Social Media Policy Template – Word
- Video Monetisation brief Template – Word
- Website development brief template – Word
E-LEARNING PLATFORMS PROVIDERS
- Olive Media ( 2014 awarded for Noodle Box e-learning Franchise tool)
EMAIL ENRICHED DATA
- AmpleMarket Midas. Easily enriched contact information for your lists of emails. Upload a CSV with emails and get a fully enriched lead list in your inbox.
EVENT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
- Eventbrite allows you to promote, manage the registration and selling of your tickets in a very efficient manner, while giving your customers, multiple options to buy your tickets from both desktops and mobile phones. Find out more.
- Wunderlist – Great app for managing multiple work projects, including events.
- Evil Brain Extractor Sometimes you have a massive email list that you need to add commas to it, then this is the tool! 🙂 This tool was very useful when I wanted to send Airbnb invitations to all my contact list (over 10.000 emails). The problem was that when copying all the email addresses into the Airbnb “invite” box, it could read each email address as it did not have a “comma” between them. This tool helped me to easily add a comma between each email address and then being able to send successfully all my airbnb invites. I did it in clusters of two thousands – just in case – . So far sending the Airbnb invites to all my contacts have worked pretty good as it has given me more than $2k in travel credit :). Remember that Airbnb credit will be burn only for reservations value at more than AU$75, meaning if you book accomodation less than AU$75 you will not burn your travel credit. PD: i got over 4k Gmail contacts, Airbnb says it is too many to invite. so needed to export them out from gmail to excel, then add the commas and do the same exercise explained below again.
EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING TOOLS
FORECASTING SALES TOOLS
- Google Keyword Tool (Inside Adwords)
- Google Trends
- Jungle Scout find profitable Amazon product ideas, get sales data & estimates, and more. Make more money online. Free trial.
- Salehoo. The SaleHoo Market Research Lab lets you research products and see if they’ll make you money before you buy any stock. Using a wide range of data the tool can show you sales trends, competition stats and ideas for hot new niches. You’ll be able to make your business decisions based on real data, not guessing.
- TeraPeak Find the best selling items on eBay and Amazon.
- Paperform Helps you create styled forms. You can upload pictures and brand the form with your media, colors and fonts. Monthly packages start at $15/month. See the amazing online forms you can create with Paperform on this video 🙂
- Sleeknote a lead generation tool, that let digital marketers create personalised slide-ins and pop-ups.
- Wufoo create contact forms, online surveys and invitations and collect the data, registrations and payments.
GIFS – ANIMATED IMAGES
- Giphy for Chrome – With this extension you can search GIF images and add them to your posts on social media and emails by dragging and dropping or right clicking.
- Yesware – One of the most popular extensions for gmail. The free version enables you to see who’s opened your gmail emails and provides a history of all activities. The paid version features Mail Merge which can help create campaigns, add follow-up letters, test different templates and track your results.
- Just Not Sorry – When sending an important email, it’s crucial to show yourself as a confident and persuasive person. However, common words like “just”, “sorry” and “I think” can reduce your impact. This chrome extension highlights “weak” words in your gmail emails and allows you to edit them before sending.
- How to invite people to add a review on your Google My business profile: You first need to find your Google CID number to be able to make a Google Review link you can share with your customers.
- Google Places (Phone Support)
HOSTING PROVIDERS AUSTRALIA
- RackSpace (Best for high data transfer ie online video, ecommerce sites – international support)
- Webcentral (Australia’s most popular hosting)
- Expeed (not premium but good value)
- CrazyDomains (Budget Australian hosting provider for low traffic websites)
HOSTING PROVIDERS – FREE
IMAGE FILE CONVERSION
- Online Covert: free tool to convert your image to png, gif, bmp, hdr/exr, eps, ico, jpg, svg, tga, tiff, wbmp, webp
- LunaPic: make an image background transparent. it will save it as gif. If you need it png, then you can use “Online Convert” above to make it png.
INFOGRAPHIC DESIGN TOOLS
Infographics are an essential element of any social media marketing strategy. They not only boost engagement and increase the social share, but also help in getting more backlinks. Although marketers understand the importance of infographics, many use only a few infographics a month. This is mainly due to a perceived high investment required to create perfect infographics. Below are some of the best infographics tools which can be used to create professional infographics quickly. Some of these tools have an option to create free accounts with limited usage.
INTERACTIVE CALCULATORS AND QUIZZES
- Outgrow Plans start at $45 a month for freelancers. Great way to increase leads.
INTERNET CONNECTION SPEED TEST TOOLS
- Broadband reports
- Speakeasy Speed Test
- Bandwidthplace Speed Test
- McAfee Internet Connection Speedometer
- CNET Bandwidth Meter
INTERNET TRENDS (GLOBAL)
ISP’s AND IP
- Spyber: Need to find where a ISP/IP is located?
- ADSL2Exchanges: Need to find where Australian Exchanges are located?
JAVA SCRIP DEVELOPMENT
LEAD GENERATION TOOLS
- Cold email Write your cold email, and get advices on how to improve it.
- Socedo: Socedo monthly subscriptions are priced based on how many leads you wish to engage with and how many activities you plan to use in your marketing automation and CRM software, for list building, lead scoring, and sales alerts. Subscriptions typically start at $1,000 per month.
- UpViral: Get your visitors to bring you even more visitors by enticing them with a cool giveaway or reward if they invite their friends!
LIVE CHAT TOOLS
- Pronto chat Pronto chat is a live chat platform for your website 24/7 that helps you generate more more leads and conversions by proactively engaging your website visitors. Pronto chat agents use customised chat scripts when talking to each visitor and capture visitors contact details and the exact service that they are interested in. At the end of each live chat session, the transcript will be sent via email.
LOGO DESIGN TOOLS
- Logo Maker Shop App. Free text and graphic design creator on itunes.
MARKET RESEARCH (Digital)
- Australian Catalogue Industry Report 2013 (PDF) – How Catalogues compare with Digital Promotions in Australia
- Google – TNS Infratest Consumer Barometer – Connected Consumer Survey
- IAB Interactive Advertising Bureau (Australia). Check out latest Research Documents and White papers.
- Latitude Research
- Nielsen. Check out the latest Australian Online Landscape Review or the IAB/Nielsen mobile Panel Insights July 2014
- Social Bakers (data and insights for most popular Facebook pages and users by country.
- Think with Google- Insights
MOBILE AD NETWORKS
MOBILE ANALYTICS SOFTWARE
MOBILE WEBSITE DEVELOPERS
MULTIPLE SHOPPING ENGINE COMPARISON MANAGEMENT TOOL
- Cresco Data Cresco Data removes the pain and complexity of managing multiple shopping comparison engines (SCE), shopping portals, market places and Product Listing Ads (PLA). Cresco Data will ensure your product inventory is displayed across the widest range of digital channels and localised for each market. The Cresco Data platform will create and manage master product feeds ready to synchronise across multiple marketplaces.
NIELSEN REPORTS AND EDUCATIONAL CONTENT FOR DIGITAL MARKETERS
- Perspectives on retail technology – the effect of digital on retail – July 2017
- Re-thinking ASEAN. Dispelling 8 myths about consumer markets – July 2017
OPTIN FORMS – SOME VIA EXIT INTENT POP – UPS
- Lead Outcome
- Ninja Pop-Ups
- OptiMonk OptiMonk is the most powerful Onsite Retargeting platform, that helps you increase the conversion rate of your site, and get more leads by engaging with visitors who are just about to exit your website.
- OptinMonster Helps you create and A/B test lead capture forms without a developer. Convert abandoning visitors into subscribers with exit intent and other marketing tools.
- PopupAlly Pro
PAYMENT GATEAWAYS AND MERCHANT PROCESSORS
- BrainTree – Affordable option (owned by Paypal)
- Partpay Customers for your online products in 4 equal instalments. Customers pay no fees and no interest ever (unless they miss a payment).
- PolyPayments (Owned by Australia Post) Allows onlie merchants one of the cheapest fees per transaction at 1%.
- Stripe (2.9% + $30c per transaction – for american express 1.75% + $30c )
Difference with Paypal is that the checkout forms are in your website, users are NOT redirected to an external payment gateway. Benefit: track conversions easier!.
- WorldPay WorldPay processed 13.1 billion transactions in 2015 with transaction value of £401.9 billion ($518.9 billion) Clients include: ASOS, Expedia, Cathay Pacific Airlines, Digital World International and Freelancer already use Worldpay for payment processing with a great range of alternative payment methods such as eWallets and bank transfers.
PHYSICAL MARKETING MAIL PROVIDERS
- Click2Mail makes it easy to for your brand to send physical mail at the right time in one click. From marketing letters to invoices, follow-up postcards or product announcement letters. Click2Mail will handle the sorting, labeling, applying postage and transporting your mail for a cost just above the price of postage alone. You can create postcards or letters based on Triggers in your other apps. For example, you can automatically send a physical invoice when a specific type of email is received. Or send postcards when new data is created in your database. You can even automatically send postcards based on new social media posts. Click2Mail now integrates with over hundreds of other apps so you can send mail on autopilot. Things you can do: Mail postcards to new Typeform entry submitters, send postcards to new Google Forms submitters, Mail out Click2Mail postcards to new wufoo entry submitters, mail a letter from newly labeled Gmail emails, mail personalised letters out from Click2Mail when new rows are added on Google Sheets, Send out postcards for new Google Sheet rows
- Easy data transfer to popular tools. Use the SuperTag and DataCollector to send website and mobile app event data straight into Google BigQuery or log file analysis platforms such as Splunk
- Copyright essentials by Getty Images
- JPEG Reducer
- Mauricio Mar ( Sydney Photographer)
- Tiny PNG (Plugin for Photoshop)
PRESS RELEASES DISTRIBUTION
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS
PR AGENCIES – PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCIES
PUBLISHING (DIGITAL TOOLS)
- Create Space: self publishing, indi publishing run by Amazon.
REAL TIME GROUP DECISION MAKING TOOLS
- Unanimous. I was blown away by their paper: “Swarm Intelligence and the morality of the Hive Mind“. It will be very interested to see how this tool can be applied for marketing decisions, real time group customer experience and satisfaction.
REPORTING / DASHBOARDS TOOLS
For digital agencies – can be white labelled:
- Feefo: a consumer ratings and reviews platform. Allows to to invite customers to review your products and services, getting only genuine, verified reviews. Feefo partners with Google, Bing and Yahoo to provide reviews within SEO and Adwords campaigns. They can support photo and video reviews.
- Yopto: allows you to ask for reviews once users buy from your website via email (review form on the email which is even easier). Also Yotpo can create facebook ads with Facebook reviews which get 4x higher click-through rates.
SEM TOOLS (SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING) – PPC TOOLS
- Bing Ads Insights
- Bing Ads Intelligence (Former Microsoft Ad Intelligence – and even before it was called: adCenter) Add-in for Excel
- Found Co UK: PPC Concatenation tool – Allows to build a list of different keywords.
- Kenshoo: It is a software that offers cloud-based digital marketing solutions and predictive media optimisation technology.
- KeywordSpy: Free SEO & PPC Keyword Research software tool, that unveil your competitors’ most profitable Ad copies & keywords.
Market Samurai: Allows you to discover high-traffic, high-profit, low-competition Google Adwords keywords.
- Marin Software: Manage your Paid Search, Display Advertising, Social Media and Mobile Advertising in one easy to use bid management platform.
- SEMRush: SEMrush collects SERP data for more than 106 million keywords and 71 million domains, including: AdWords ad copies and positions, organic positions for domains and landing URLs, search volumes, CPC, competition, number of results.
Spyfu: SpyFu exposes the search marketing secret formula of your most successful competitors. Search for any domain and see every place they’ve shown up on Google.
SMS MARKETING TOOLS
- Infobip: allows you to automate the process of sending SMS, push notifications, email, phone and chat to your custmers; ensuring you’re reaching out to customers at the perfect time by setting up Zaps to auto-send Infobip messages based on new customer data in your favorite apps. Examples of things you can do: Get SMS messages from Infobip for new successful sales on PayPal, get or send SMS messages through Infobip for new WooCommerce orders, Send information about new rows on Google Sheets with Infobip SMS.
- Voodoo SMS offers bulk SMS messaging in the UK to companies interested to keep top of mind via sms marketing. Voodoo is a cloud-based platform that is used to easily send text messages to your customers. It allows you to tag your messages and access delivery reports that can be used to optimise future messages. It can be integrated with other tools via Zapier.
SOCIAL PROOF TOOLS
- Fomo ⚡️ eDigital recommended ⚡️ Fomo publicly displays what other website visitors are doing or completing on your website to help you increase sales and conversions. By using Fomo, your web visitors will be curious about what others are doing, completing or purchasing while instantly establishing trust and credibility by showing off the interactions the moment they happen. F.O.M.O. (fear of missing out) means people will want to interact and buy as they see other people also interacting and buying from your website. You can also use Fomo to display activities in more than 750+ apps you might be already using via Zapier integrations. This means you can broadcast and display your actions from internal tools or promote your customer engagement so everyone knows how much people love your site.
TEMPLATES FOR MARKETERS
- Creative Photography Brief Template
- Digital Marketing Plan Template
- Freelance Contract Template
- Influencer Brief Template
- Mobile App Development Brief Template
- Public Relations Campaign Brief Template
- Social Media Marketing Plan Template
- Social Media Policy Template
- Strategic Marketing Plan Template
- Video Monetisation Brief Template
- Website Development Brief Template
TOOLS FOR REMOTE DIGITAL MARKETING NOMADS
- Remotestash lists some very interesting tools for digital marketing nomads who do remote work. The list is organised by Jobs, Travel, Learning and tools.
USER EXPERIENCE TOOLS
- RageGrade by FullStory. Have you ever wondered just how good (or bad) the customer experience is on your website or app? Now you can find out. Rage Grade has a letter grade from A to C- that tells you exactly how your customer frustration compares to other sites like yours. Rage Grade is the next step in your quest to proactively detect and bring key moments of customer distress to your attention. In addition to a letter grade, you’ll also see the top 10 most frustrated customer sessions, letting you jump directly to the exact moments of rage in the session replays. Wondering how your grade is calculated? Rage Grade uses machine learning to analyse all the frustration signals generated by your users—things like Error Clicks, Rage Clicks, mouse thrashing, and form abandonment. RageGrade will tally up all these signals and benchmark your performance against your industry, so you know how you’re doing relative to the competition. Get your Rage Grade free during your 14 day Pro trial and see how you stack up!
USER PERSONA CREATOR TOOLS
- Xtensio An interactive toolbox for startups, consultancies and marketing agencies. Create user personas, lean canvases, one pagers.
- Geotribes Online type a specific post code and will give you an indication of the type of people living in that postcode. we tested it but gave us an error message.
USER TESTING TOOLS & AD TESTING TOOLS
- Affectiva: Facial expression video testing tool.
- ClickTale: Provide heatmaps showing which elements of product pages users were interacting with the most.
- Google Content Experiments
- Looktracker Eye tracking tool that conducts usability tests on web pages to produce heat maps. Great for User testing for improving conversions and website UX.
- Optimizely (Sample size calculator)
- Qualaroo Analytics tell you what people are doing, Qualaroo website surveys tell you why. Uncover customer insights that lead to better business results. They offer a free trial.
- Unbouce Build, publish and A/B test landing pages. Very useful for business idea validation.
- Usability hub
- Visual Website Optimiser (vwo.com) tool for a/b testing of landing pages.
- Whatusersdo: Online usability testing and User Experience Research Tool
- Advrtas: offers 360 ads and virtual reality ad video player for publishers.
- Australia’s marketers Guide to Creating un-skippable video advertising.
- Celtra: video ad creator.
VIDEO EDITING TOOLS
VIDEO CONTENT SCALABLE AND AFFORDABLE. If your product pages do not have videos, you might be missing out on at least 14% on revenue. Read how New York City based Allurez (fine jewelry and diamond retailer) is using Treepodia, one of the leading automated video software for online retailers. Allurez also gained more than 23 times ROI based on the increase in sales. Contact eDigital to learn more about automated video content for your product pages.
- Ann Street Studio Specialised on cinemagraphs start at $20k per image and this rate includes creative, shooting and post production. Usage is brand social and brand website for 1 year. Not included in the rate are production expenses such as travel, model, stylist, equipment, etc. which would be incremental based on the creative. Often times, they can tag a Cinemagraphs shoot onto an existing photoshoot the brand may be having, so there are several ways to approach.
- Shootsta Mix of in-house and outsourced video production. Ideal for corporations, SMEs and agencies. 24 hours turnaround time. Packages start at $2k per month for two videos. Clients incude: Adobe, Qantas, KiwiBank, Sanofi
- SpeechPad: Video Transcription Services.
VIDEO PROMOTION AMPLIFICATION PROVIDERS
- BraveBison (former Rightster): helps Video Owners, Publishers & Brands get the Right Video to the Right Audience, on the Right Platform, at the Right Time.
- Viocorp. Enterprise level streaming/ live video platform. Clients include QBE, David Jones, Australian Government, Tedx Sydney, Virgin, Optus, HotelClub, Bupa, Amazon, Cebit Australia and others.
- Youtube blog: (Learn video content best practices)
- Youtube creator blog
VIRTUAL REALITY TOOLS
- Whitin app that allows you to create content and stories for virtual reality handsets. Try it 🙂
VISUAL SEARCH TOOLS
Have you found an image to want to promote on your Instagram account but not sure what the element inside the image is called? then you need to use an image recognition tool or visual search tool. Great tool to find the name of birds, trees, flowers, dog types, etc.
- CAMFIND CamFind is a visual search and image recognition mobile app developed by Image Searcher, Inc. in 2013. Powered by their api, CloudSight, it allows users to identify any item just by taking a picture with their smartphone, providing a range of information including related images, local shopping results, price comparisons and web results
WEB ANALYTICS COURSES & TRAINERS
- eDigital Agency (Basic and intermediate training)
- Loves Data (Sydney- Australia)
WEB SCRAPING TOOLS FOR MARKETERS
- EmailHunter – find email addresses of your leads from either a Linkedin page or a company’s website. EmailHunter shows not only an email address but also a % of confidence in the sources available from the website. If you want to make sure the email address is valid, try to use it in tandem with Rapportive.
- Rapportive – An easy as heck extension that validates emails you’re adding to the recipient line when writing a letter in Gmail and associates them with Linkedin and other social profiles. By checking and validating addresses, you can automatically reduce your e-mail bounce rate.
- Scraper – A web scraping tool to extract and export information from a page to a CSV file. The extension works with Google, Facebook, Linkedin, Ebay, Amazon, Yahoo, Twitter and other platforms.
- Web Scraper – If the information you neеd is scattered across different pages, use Web Scraper. It takes some time to define the right path, create a sitemap and then browse and export information, but after that, you get the information you’re after.
- BuiltWith This chrome extension shows information about widgets, analytics, frameworks, publishing, advertising, standards and other technologies that were used to build any web page.
- Form Filler – This Chrome extension tool helps you fill all form inputs on any page with random data. You can test your own forms quickly, but you also may find it advantageous if you need to sign up for services that don’t have email validation. Also, you can predefine settings and fill out any form with your own data in a click.
WIFI INTERNET CONNECTION LIMITS
- Learn how to create a new mac address on Windows and IOS so you can use unlimited internet access from time limited wifi hotspots.
WIRE FRAME/PROTOTYPE BUILDING TOOLS
- Balsamiq ( Mock up tool ) Free trial for 7 days. Then license for $79 per user.
- Go Mocking Bird
- Invision (Premium prototyping tool)
- Visio Creates professional diagrams.
“BEST DIGITAL MARKETING TOOLS”
was written by…
Mauricio Escobar is the Global Head of Digital Marketing Strategy at eDigital 🏆 One of Australia’s Top 10 Most Visited Marketing Websites. Mauricio is Sydney based Top Linkedin Australian Marketing Influencer (over 5k connections) who trains marketing and agency teams with Best Digital Marketing Practice via Strategy Workshops, Campaign Management, templates & Training Sessions. Mauricio enjoys photography & teaching Digital Marketing. Certified Facebook/Adwords Digital Marketer – Social Media Specialist – Sydney SEO Consultant – StartUp Investor – International Speaker. Contact Mauricio or follow him on Instagram – Facebook. Subscribed to his e-newsletter
NOW YOUR TURN!
Share your opinion or your best tip below 😀 ⇓