BEST SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING TOOLS
Top social media marketing tools curated by Mauricio Escobar, Social Media Consultant and Trainer at eDigital.
If you want to compare any of the below tools, use Trust Radius for provider comparison, it will give you an indicative of what real users think about these tools, platforms and software.
AD MANAGEMENT PLATFORMS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
- Kenshoo Cross Channel and multi devise advertisement platform.
- Nanigans Allows marketing managers run Facebook advertising campaigns in-house with workflow automation, predictive optimisation, roi measurement and attribution technology.
AGGREGATION PLATFORMS FOR AMPLIFYING USER GENERATED SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT
- Olapic. Leading retailers use this tool to increase conversion rates from visual digital campaigns by collecting and amplifying Visual User Generated Content on social media associated to their products and brands. They have a great webinar on how to collect and amplify Visual UGC worth checking it out…
- Postano Targets companies that run live events.
- Stackla is one of the most complete content aggregation and marketing platforms for serious marketers. Stackla allows you to discover the best user generated content from more than 25 of the worlds most popular social media platforms, blogs, RSS and any custom content source. You can discover content by specific #hashtags, keywords and/or brand mentions. Stackla technology helps you access user generated content from a specific geo-location, ensuring you get the content from the exact places that matter. You can also use Stackla campaign services to run multi-network social media competitions. Top key features include:
- Have the exact UGC content you are interested in ready. Filter content by source, media type, sentiment, location and more. Create custom moderation views, workflows and approval processes. You can also tag and categorise UGC content into your own library. Link content to your product SKUs and create custom CTAs and clickthroughs.
- Quick curation process. Reduce moderation time by automating with smart rules. Schedule content publication ahead of time.
- Rights Management tool included. Reach out directly to content creators to request explicit permission to use their content. Content creators can approve with a single hashtag reply, or direct them to complete a form to accept your legal T&C’s and provide their contact data.
- Dynamic Visualisations. Bring content to life with customisable Widgets, big screen displays, interactive maps and real-time data visualisations.
- Identify your top brand advocates. know the exact contributors that creating the most engagement with your audience. Rank your content contributors by volume, interaction, sentiment, conversions and more.
- Story Stream
- Tagboard Tagboard allows you to engage live audiences by quickly search, capture consent and visually your favourite social media posts and show results live across all screen types including big format impactful display screens at your live broadcast events, corporate campus and – of course – through web and mobile properties. You can curate content in a different diversity of feeds: multiple hashtags or user feeds. You can filter your results by text only, rich photos, videos and location (geo-filters are in beta testing by April 2017). Tagboard offers a Chrome extension. When running a campaign with tagboard you also get a PDF with campaign stats such as cross-network volume and reach. You can also run social media contest with this tool. Prices start at $500 per campaign.
ANALYTICS TOOLS/PLATFORMS/SOFTWARE FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- AppsFlyer Designed to work with paid social posts and other ad media for the purposes of driving mobile app installs, this apps gives you real-time data on a host of important metrics – clicks, organic vs. nonorganic installs, revenue, average revenue per user, even custom in-app metrics to help you track interactions after app installs (booking a hotel room or building a shopping list, for example). 30-day free trial if you’d like to test it before paying. Some clients are HBO, Macy’s, The Wall Street Journal and Samsung. Thanks to the tool’s extensive mobile analytics and attribution-centered focus, you can easily track a full suite of attribution metrics. AppsFlyer works well with all attribution models, this way you can get a more complete understanding of your mobile marketing ROI and present clear results that highlight areas you can improve your social media performance – and ensure you’re investing the most where you’re most likely to profit over time. The tool is fully scalable and boasts 99.99% uptime, making it a reliable choice to help you keep the attribution data flowing at all hours. ClickMeter works well with the attribution model of your choice, including custom models.
- ClickMeter offers more than 100 features to assist marketers with marketing attribution and analytics. The software is fully integrated with social media and is developer friendly, playing nicely with everything from AdWords to SandBox. The maps and reports it creates provide detailed insights on your audience (including click streams – i.e. what people are clicking on while on your site). You can turn any URL into a short tracking link for easy sharing on Twitter and other social channels and to keep an eye on where and how your content spreads on social media and beyond.
- Clk.im – shortened URLs can provide a whole host of metrics on who’s clicking on your social posts, revealing their geographic locations, devices, platforms, browsers, OS, language settings, and more so you can hone in on your audience and build rich personas based on real data. The tool also uses pixels to track conversions, run targeted campaigns with QR codes, and try A/B testing your URLs. Clk.im helps take the headache out of these complex yet powerful social media marketing tasks, so you can track the effectiveness of your strategy and tweak it accordingly.
- Crowdbabble Analytics reports for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Snapchat. Starts at $49/m for five social accounts.
- Lead Ferry Ideal for brands that invest heavily in distributing content via their social channels, this tool will help you track the conversion funnel performance of your content by channel. Find out the number of unique visitors, leads generated, customers generated, and get your content’s engagement score. You can track individual goals or overall performance, and invest your paid content spend on platforms that actually build your customer base. A free plan is available for sites with less than 100,000 monthly visitors. Marketers will enjoy the tool’s UTM tagging features to help with attribution. It pairs particularly well with last-touch attribution models, but it can adapt to other models as well. Because it’s designed for tracking the revenue performance of your content funnel, this tool can give you the data you need to make sure you know what pages to promote on which social channels.
- Segment Great asset for any marketing team that’s starting to think seriously about attribution. The tool has the ability to integrate directly with Attribution, a web app for multi-touch tracking and customer acquisition cost analysis, as well as Convertro and TUNE. Segment work nicely with most attribution dashboards and models. Segment was initially designed to help businesses send data wherever they need it, this is a smart pick for getting started with sophisticated social media marketing attribution. Segment is especially useful to marketers working with multiple types of paid social posts. Compared to display advertising, sponsored social posting is a relatively new media type, and as a result, not overly saturated. Less competition, greater exposure, and excellent ROI are great reasons why today’s marketers are turning to paid social, which only highlights the greater demand for viable attribution solutions.
- Sprout Social
- Simply Measured – Great pdf about how to understand and measure social ROI
- Start A Fire Used by brands including HubSpot, CB Insights and Sequoia Capital. The tool allows you to grow your reach and helps you keep track of how your content spreads across channels. Start A Fire lets you share content assets that your readers will be most likely to love – and keep your brand associated with the content, even if it’s published by someone else. It works by adding a “branded badge” to the pages people see when they click through from your Start A Fire-enabled shares. The URL shortener also offers plenty of rich metrics, so you can track views on your shares, even when they’re re-shared by others. If you were to tweet a link to a New York Times article, for example, and someone retweets it, then your brand does get a certain amount of extra exposure, but that benefit doesn’t last very long, because audience members won’t necessarily associate you with the content. But if you share Start A Fire URLs instead, your badge goes wherever your URL does, and you can track all associated page views, badge views and badge clicks.
- Unified (Former: Page Lever) Great for extra information about your Facebook page users behaviour.
ANIMATED IMAGES (GIFS)
- Giphy for Chrome – With this extension you can search GIF images and add them to your posts on social media and emails by dragging and dropping or right clicking.
ANIMATED VIDEO TOOLS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
APPS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA VIDEOS
- ANCHOR VIDEOS Anchor Video is a new pretty slick tool that magically transforms audio files to video, transcribing content into easy-to-follow (highly shareable) text you can listen to (on mute). You will like it because most major social platforms aren’t built for audio-consumption. Sharing a URL to an hour-long podcast on Facebook will rarely convert to direct listeners in the moment. On the other hand, auto playing videos with mute-friendly captions are #trending and an effective way to grab peoples’ attention. Anchor’s new tool lets you trim audio clips so you can share a minute from an insightful podcast, transcribed with captions. Here’s an example.
AUTOMATION TOOLS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
CHROME EXTENSIONS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
- DrumUp – DrumUp discovers relevant content from all around the web and provides it to you in a smart news feed. You can also share web pages to your social media networks via the app.
- Followr – This extension enables you to find Twitter users by the topics they’re interested in and follow them. The extension also tracks the content you post to Twitter.
- Sniply – Just like Startafire, this extension enables you to embed your messages and calls to action on every page you share with your followers on social media.
- Startafire – This extension allows you to add your badge to any link you share. When someone clicks a link shared by you, they’ll see a small pop-up window that provides information about your website: it can be “Shared by” info, smart CTA or a list of your recent articles.
- Twitter Follower – Unlike Followr, this extension is a pure automation. Find a profile which relates to your target audience is and launch the extension: it will start following everyone they follow. You can also use it to unfollow multiple accounts at once.
CONSUMER COMPETITIONS TOOLS / CONTEST PLATFORMS
Online consumer competitions and social media posting tool (scheduling and publishing content) in one platform. Allows you to avoid multiple entries from the same person, just one competition entry per user. Great nice visual reports. Agora Pulse offers a free trail that includes:
- Social Conversations Management at Lightning Speed. Never miss incoming content and get to inbox Zero in minutes.
- Easy Social Media Publishing. Schedule, collaborate and publish across the major social networks from one place.
- Identify New Business Opportunities. See who’s talking about you and find prospects, brand influencers and ambassadors
- Shareable Social Media Analytics. Your social media analytics can be easily exported to powerpoint with awesome graphics.
CISION (Former Vocus, North Social)
free and paid plans. allows to ofeer bonus points for entrants who follow social media accounts of the competition organiser.
HELLO WORLD (former ePrize, Bulbstorm)
HEYO (former Lujure)
Facebook Incentivised referral platform.
to be used forTwitter photo contests and Vine video contests
A great tool not only to create and run contests but also it helps you get explicit permission to use that content via their Rights Management tool. ShortStack leaves the poster a comment asking for their consent. When they reply yes, ShortStack detects the reply and notifies you that you’re free to use the content. For example it can comment: “We love your photo! We’d like to share it on our website and social channels. To give us permission, please reply with “#yesyoucan.” It’s actually possible to ask for any permission because the message that is sent from ShortStack can be fully customised. ShortStack can also hold voting competitions or offer discounts. This platform also offers you a competition embedding code so you can add the code on any page on your website. Packages start at USD$29 month or USD$159 a year. They also offer autoresponders which are a great way to stay connected with your visitors after a contest or other promotion. And you can customise the email to include anything you want, including unique referral URLs, coupons and deals, featured products and links to your social profiles. ShortStack for WordPress plugin lets you quickly embed your ShortStack contests, giveaways, lead-gen forms and promotions on your WordPress site using a simple shortcode. Their data shows that campaigns embedded to a website or blog get 83 percent more views and 3x more entries than campaigns published to Facebook alone.
Helps you run Instagram contests.
(You can create Instagram and Pinterest competitions linked to your Facebook page).
Please note that Adobe Social bought Efficient Frontier in 2011 who also bought Context Optional in 2011. Context Optional used to be a social media tool to run competitions. Double Click bought Wildfire which was also a popular tool to create and publish social media competitions.
GOOGLE PLUS TOOLS
- Cyfe tool that allows you to search and archive Google Plus hashtag results.
GOOGLE SELLER RATING AND REVIEWS PLATFORMS
- eKomi Automate the process of requesting ratings and reviews to be added into your google seller rating.
HASHTAGS TOOLS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- Hashtagify.me Hashtagify.me has plenty of data you can use to analyze hashtags. Related hashtags and their popularity data. The tool will show you other hashtags to consider and will display visually how popular each hashtag is and how closely it correlates to the original.
- RiteTag RiteTag helps ensure that the tags you use are well-chosen by showing you how good or overused a particular hashtag is. It also provides you with comprehensive statistics about hashtags before you use them.
- Twitalyzer Though not an explicitly hashtag tool, Twitalyzer does show hashtags as part of its audit of Twitter accounts. Input the username of someone you want to investigate, and Twitalyzer can tell you what hashtags he or she uses most often. This can be really helpful in finding out how your niche’s influencers tweet.
- Trendsmap Local businesses might find value in Trendsmap, which shows you relevant hashtags that are being used in your geographic area.
IMAGE ATTENTION TESTER
IMAGE RESIZE COMPRESSION TOOLS
- Compress Now
- Dynamic Drive: Image Conversion – Optimisation tool
- Image Optimizer
- SocialWarfare This is a paid wordpress plugin. You can specify different images to be used for each social network. Horizontal for Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and then a Vertical image for Pinterest
IMAGE SIZES (MOST OPTIMAL FOR SOCIAL MEDIA ADVERTISING)
- The Ultimate Guide to Social Media Optimal Image Sizes (Facebook, linkedin, Twitter).
LANDING PAGE TOOLS
- Landerapp: Create and A/B test beautiful landing pages for your online marketing campaigns using an easy step-by-step process. 30-day Free Trial.
- smo.knowem test if your page’s HTML markup code is optimized for Facebook’s Open Graph, Google+ Rich Snippets, LinkedIn, and Twitter’s Summary card.
- Snip.ly: Create call to action banners that appear when sending your traffic to other websites.
- Unbounced: lets marketers build, publish and test landing pages without IT or software. A/B testing and lead gen make it a powerful marketing tool.
MOCK UP TOOLS
PHOTOGRAPHY FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
- Copyright essentials by Getty Images
- JPEG Reducer
- Mauricio Mar ( Sydney Photographer)
- Tiny PNG (Plugin for Photoshop)
QUOTES MAKER TOOLS
RESEARCH AND TRENDS TOOLS
- Latitude Research
- Social Bakers (data and insights for most popular Facebook pages and users by country.
- Think with Google- Insights
We still manually post for few reasons:
- Every social platform requires a different optimal image size dimensions
- We like to create our own trackable landing urls and not some automated urls created by scheduling tools.
- Use native emoticons as possible so the render nicely on each social media channel.
- Utilise different amount of hashtags per social media platform.
The manual work takes far more time but our clients like the amount of curation added. We play more with the quality of content posted than the quantity following two key principles: Would that post worth a paid boost? would it people really share it? answering those two questions keeping us only posting our clients most optimal campaign content 🙂
If you really want to use an scheduling tool, these can help…
- BlueStacks Post photos from a desktop. Instructions here.
- IconoSquare: Manage Instagram performance and find world’s most popular instagram accounts.
- Later (Former Latergramme): allows you to schedule Instagram posts at a later date. By May 2017 you still need to publish manually as Instagram API does not allow for future publishing. It offers Instagram Analytics too. Get 20% off with this later promo code. Later will send you a notifications for you to publish your Instagram post. Key features are: Media Library: store photos and videos for multiple Instagram accounts in one place. Bulk upload and schedule photos and videos. Add labels to your uploaded media and easily search for them. Schedule the same photo or video multiple times.
- Meet Edgar
- Postify: Speed up, automate and schedule posts to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and VK.com (Russian Social Media network with over 100k users) Easily share any page you are reading, post to multiple social profiles, import bulk posts from file and more.
- Promo Republic ⚡️ eDigital recommended ⚡️ PromoRepublic helps you create amazing social media posts based on holidays, trends, events and more. Create professional marketing content in just a few clicks! Free trail for 15 days. The best package is $37/month including scheduling content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
SCREEN SHOT TOOLS
SOCIAL SHARING BUTTONS
VIDEO PRODUCTION FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
- Shootsta Mix of in-house and outsourced video production. Ideal for corporations, SMEs and agencies. 24 hours turnaround time. Packages start at $2k per month for two videos. Clients incude: Adobe, Qantas, KiwiBank, Sanofi
- SpeechPad: Video Transcription Services.
VIDEO PROMOTION AMPLIFICATION
- BraveBison (former Rightster): helps Video Owners, Publishers & Brands get the Right Video to the Right Audience, on the Right Platform, at the Right Time.
- Viocorp. Enterprise level streaming/ live video platform. Clients include QBE, David Jones, Australian Government, Tedx Sydney, Virgin, Optus, HotelClub, Bupa, Amazon, Cebit Australia and others.
- Youtube blog: (Learn video content best practices)
- Youtube creator blog
“BEST SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLS”
WAS WRITTEN BY…
Mauricio Escobar is the Founder & Global Head of Digital Marketing Strategy at eDigital. Empowering best digital marketing capability over 18 years via Strategy Workshops, Campaign Management & Training Sessions; Mauricio’s has generated traffic growth and sales for a great variety of Australian brands. Mauricio now consults and trains Agencies, Government & Marketing teams. His articles, strategy frameworks & templates are read by thousands of marketers subscribed to his e-newsletter. Mauricio enjoys nature trekking around the world, conceptual photography & teaching Digital Marketing at Private Colleges & Unis. Certified Facebook/Adwords Marketer – Social Media Specialist – Sydney SEO Consultant – Corporate Trainer – StartUp Investor – International Speaker.
Contact Mauricio today!
TOP EDIGITAL CONTENT
BEST TEMPLATES & GUIDES
Business Plan Template
Copyright Infringement Template
Copywriting Briefing Template
Creative Photography Brief Template
Digital Marketing Plan Template
Freelance Contract Template
Influencer Brief Template
LinkedIn Profile Tips Guide
Mobile App Development Brief Template
Public Relations Campaign Brief Template
Social Media Marketing Plan Template
Social Media Policy Template
Social Media Strategy Template
Strategic Marketing Plan Template
Video Monetisation Brief Template
Website Development Brief Template
App Builders Makers Tools
Digital Marketing Tools
Facebook Marketing Tools
Google Analytics Tools
Image File Size Reducer Tools
Influencer Marketing Tools
Instagram Marketing Tools
Marketing Dashboards Tools
Photo Editors Tools
Pinterest Marketing Tools
Online Quiz Maker Software
Online Survey Tools
Social Media Tools
Twitter Marketing Tools
Youtube Marketing Tools
MOST VISITED PAGES
Best Digital Marketing Agencies in Sydney
Best Free Online Photo Editors
Best Linkedin Profile Tips for Marketers
Best Marketing Consultants in Sydney
Best Online Affiliate Networks
Best Photography Courses in Sydney
Best Public Speaking Tips for Marketers
Best Royalty Free Image Banks
Buy Real Instagram Followers
Google Analytics Audit
Google Analytics Training
How to Get Instagram Followers Fast & Free
Photography (360 Inside View) Services for Google Maps
SEO Company Sydney
SEO Services Sydney
Snapchat Geofilters Design Services
Social Media Courses in Sydney
What is a tripwire offer?
Content Marketing Courses
Digital Marketing Courses
Facebook Marketing Courses
Google Adwords Courses
Google Analytics Courses
Google BigQuery Courses
Google Plus Marketing Courses
Growth Hacking Marketing Courses
Instagram Marketing Courses
Internet Marketing Courses
Linkedin Marketing Courses
MailChimp Marketing Courses
Mobile Marketing Courses
Online Marketing Courses
Social Media Courses
Viral Marketing Courses
Web Marketing Courses
Youtube Marketing Courses
BEST IMAGE SIZES
Airtasker optimal profile image sizes
Facebook ad best image sizes
Facebook best optimal image for post updates
Facebook most optimal cover image size
LinkedIn optimal image size for post updates
Twitter optimal image size for post updates
NOW YOUR TURN!
Share your opinion or your best tip below 😀 ⇓