BEST SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING TOOLS
Top social media marketing tools curated by Mauricio Escobar, Social Media Consultant and Trainer at eDigital.
If you want to compare any of the below tools, use Trust Radius for software comparison, it will give you an indicative of what real users think about those tools, platforms and software.
ALERTS TOOLS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
ANALYTICS TOOLS/PLATFORMS/SOFTWARE FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- AppsFlyer Designed to work with paid social posts and other ad media for the purposes of driving mobile app installs, this apps gives you real-time data on a host of important metrics – clicks, organic vs. nonorganic installs, revenue, average revenue per user, even custom in-app metrics to help you track interactions after app installs (booking a hotel room or building a shopping list, for example). 30-day free trial if you’d like to test it before paying. Some clients are HBO, Macy’s, The Wall Street Journal and Samsung. Thanks to the tool’s extensive mobile analytics and attribution-centered focus, you can easily track a full suite of attribution metrics. AppsFlyer works well with all attribution models, this way you can get a more complete understanding of your mobile marketing ROI and present clear results that highlight areas you can improve your social media performance – and ensure you’re investing the most where you’re most likely to profit over time. The tool is fully scalable and boasts 99.99% uptime, making it a reliable choice to help you keep the attribution data flowing at all hours. ClickMeter works well with the attribution model of your choice, including custom models.
- ClickMeter offers more than 100 features to assist marketers with marketing attribution and analytics. The software is fully integrated with social media and is developer friendly, playing nicely with everything from AdWords to SandBox. The maps and reports it creates provide detailed insights on your audience (including click streams – i.e. what people are clicking on while on your site). You can turn any URL into a short tracking link for easy sharing on Twitter and other social channels and to keep an eye on where and how your content spreads on social media and beyond.
- Clk.im-shortened URLs can provide a whole host of metrics on who’s clicking on your social posts, revealing their geographic locations, devices, platforms, browsers, OS, language settings, and more so you can hone in on your audience and build rich personas based on real data. The tool also uses pixels to track conversions, run targeted campaigns with QR codes, and try A/B testing your URLs. Clk.im helps take the headache out of these complex yet powerful social media marketing tasks, so you can track the effectiveness of your strategy and tweak it accordingly.
- Crowdbabble Analytics reports for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Snapchat. Starts at $49/m for five social accounts.
- Lead Ferry Ideal for brands that invest heavily in distributing content via their social channels, this tool will help you track the conversion funnel performance of your content by channel. Find out the number of unique visitors, leads generated, customers generated, and get your content’s engagement score. You can track individual goals or overall performance, and invest your paid content spend on platforms that actually build your customer base. A free plan is available for sites with less than 100,000 monthly visitors. Marketers will enjoy the tool’s UTM tagging features to help with attribution. It pairs particularly well with last-touch attribution models, but it can adapt to other models as well. Because it’s designed for tracking the revenue performance of your content funnel, this tool can give you the data you need to make sure you know what pages to promote on which social channels.
- Segment Great asset for any marketing team that’s starting to think seriously about attribution. The tool has the ability to integrate directly with Attribution, a web app for multi-touch tracking and customer acquisition cost analysis, as well as Convertro and TUNE. Segment work nicely with most attribution dashboards and models. Segment was initially designed to help businesses send data wherever they need it, this is a smart pick for getting started with sophisticated social media marketing attribution. Segment is especially useful to marketers working with multiple types of paid social posts. Compared to display advertising, sponsored social posting is a relatively new media type, and as a result, not overly saturated. Less competition, greater exposure, and excellent ROI are great reasons why today’s marketers are turning to paid social, which only highlights the greater demand for viable attribution solutions.
- Sprout Social
- Simply Measured – Great pdf about how to understand and measure social ROI
- Start A Fire Used by brands including HubSpot, CB Insights and Sequoia Capital. The tool allows you to grow your reach and helps you keep track of how your content spreads across channels. Start A Fire lets you share content assets that your readers will be most likely to love – and keep your brand associated with the content, even if it’s published by someone else. It works by adding a “branded badge” to the pages people see when they click through from your Start A Fire-enabled shares. The URL shortener also offers plenty of rich metrics, so you can track views on your shares, even when they’re re-shared by others. If you were to tweet a link to a New York Times article, for example, and someone retweets it, then your brand does get a certain amount of extra exposure, but that benefit doesn’t last very long, because audience members won’t necessarily associate you with the content. But if you share Start A Fire URLs instead, your badge goes wherever your URL does, and you can track all associated page views, badge views and badge clicks.
- Unified (Former: Page Lever) Great for extra information about your Facebook page users behaviour.
ANIMATED VIDEO TOOLS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
AUTOMATION TOOLS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
CONSUMER COMPETITIONS TOOLS / CONTEST PLATFORMS
- Agora Pulse: Online competitions tool. Can avoid frauds by allowing just one entry per user.
- Cision (Former Vocus, North Social)
- Gleam.io free and paid plans. allows to ofeer bonus points for entrants who follow social media accounts of the competition organiser.
- Hello World (former ePrize, Bulbstorm)
- Heyo (former Lujure)
- Incentibox Facebook Incentivized referral platform.
- Pitch’d to be used forTwitter photo contests and Vine video contests
- ShortStack Run contests, hold voting competitions or offer discounts, you can get more eyes on your Campaigns by embedding them on your website.
- Statigram Helps you run Instagram contests.
- TabSite (You can create Instagram and Pinterest competitions linked to your Facebook page).
- Thru Social
Please note that Adobe Social bought Efficient Frontier in 2011 who also bought Context Optional in 2011. Context Optional used to be a social media tool to run competitions. Double Click bought Wildfire which was also a popular tool to create and publish social media competitions.
FACEBOOK ADVANCED SEARCH TOOLS
In 2013 Facebook introduced Graph Search, giving us custom search for people in our networks. Two years later, Facebook removed the search filters and much of the search interface. The tools below make it easy to find things we put on Facebook.
- Search is Back: Search is Back gives you tons of custom options for Facebook search. You are travelling to a new place/city and want to know how to find friends who live in a specific city? or who have lived in a specific city or who have visited a specific city? This free tool for Facebook advanced search is for you. Build by filmmaker Michael Morgenstern. Note: Facebook is fickle, not everything will work for everyone.
FACEBOOK ANALYTICS TOOLS
- Likealizer ( byMeltwater) quickly shows you ways of improving your Facebook page by analysing engagement data.
FACEBOOK PAGE BUILDER TOOLS/ F-COMMERCE PLATFORMS
SOCIAL MEDIA AD MANAGEMENT PLATFORMS
- Kenshoo Cross Channel and multi devise advertisement platform.
- Nanigans Allows marketing managers run Facebook advertising campaigns in-house with workflow automation, predictive optimisation, roi measurement and attribution technology.
GOOGLE PLUS TOOLS
- Cyfe tool that allows you to search and archive Google Plus hashtag results.
GOOGLE SELLER RATING AND REVIEWS PLATFORMS
- eKomi Automate the process of requesting ratings and reviews to be added into your google seller rating.
HASHTAGS TOOLS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- Hashtagify.me Hashtagify.me has plenty of data you can use to analyze hashtags. Related hashtags and their popularity data. The tool will show you other hashtags to consider and will display visually how popular each hashtag is and how closely it correlates to the original.
- RiteTag RiteTag helps ensure that the tags you use are well-chosen by showing you how good or overused a particular hashtag is.
- Tagboard With Tagboard, you can see how your hashtag is used across multiple networks. The results pages on Tagboard show hashtagged posts from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Vine.
- Twitalyzer Though not an explicitly hashtag tool, Twitalyzer does show hashtags as part of its audit of Twitter accounts. Input the username of someone you want to investigate, and Twitalyzer can tell you what hashtags he or she uses most often. This can be really helpful in finding out how your niche’s influencers tweet.
- Trendsmap Local businesses might find value in Trendsmap, which shows you relevant hashtags that are being used in your geographic area.
IMAGE ATTENTION TESTER
IMAGE PHOTO EDITING TOOLS
- Canva (Free and paid – includes free and paid image bank)
- LunaPic (Free)
- Photoshop (Paid)
IMAGE RESIZE COMPRESSION TOOLS
- Compress Now
- Dynamic Drive: Image Conversion – Optimisation tool
- Image Optimizer
- SocialWarfare This is a paid wordpress plugin. You can specify different images to be used for each social network. Horizontal for Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and then a Vertical image for Pinterest
IMAGE SIZES (MOST OPTIMAL FOR SOCIAL MEDIA ADVERTISING)
- The Ultimate Guide to Social Media Optimal Image Sizes (Facebook, linkedin, Twitter).
INFLUENCERS PLATFORMS / INFLUENCERS BROKERS
AUSTRALIAN INFLUENCERS PLATFORMS/BROKERS
- Collabosaurus: Will help you find influencers and other key opportunities to partner with other highly related brands to grow your social media community and customers.
- Nuffnang (Singapore founded but Sydney based)
- Social Soup
- Visual Amplifiers
- 3w Social Media
GLOBAL INFLUENCERS PLATFORMS/ BROKERS
- Brand Watch (Bought Peer IndeX in 2014) allows you to identify social media influencers by topic. gathers millions of online conversations and provide tools to analyse those conversations.
- Instagramers: One of the most popular Instagram community worldwide with regular meetups, tutorials, and instagram information.
- Scrunch seven day free trial. Results from filters options are not very acurate. We tried to find some influencers in South america for a client and gave us Australian based profiles.
- Shop Sytle Collective (Former ShopSense)
- The Midgame
Tools that will help you search and find Influencers
- BuzzStream Infuencers tool – you type a keyword and BuzzStream will give you top influencers. Most of them seems to be from Twitter though.
- Followerwonk (Search Twitter bios to find who has a great following base – they might be also influencers on other platforms ie facebook, youtube, instagram)
LANDING PAGE TOOLS
- Landerapp: Create and A/B test beautiful landing pages for your online marketing campaigns using an easy step-by-step process. 30-day Free Trial.
- smo.knowem test if your page’s HTML markup code is optimized for Facebook’s Open Graph, Google+ Rich Snippets, LinkedIn, and Twitter’s Summary card.
- Snip.ly: Create call to action banners that appear when sending your traffic to other websites.
- Unbounced: lets marketers build, publish and test landing pages without IT or software. A/B testing and lead gen make it a powerful marketing tool.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT & MONITORING TOOLS / PLATFORMS / SOFTWARE
- Adobe Social (Former Context Optional)
- Agora Pulse Facebook, Twitter and Instagram management tool.
- Ahrefs Content Explorer Tool: similar than Buzzsumo it helps you find popular content/posts resonating in different social media channels including facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc. The content explorer tool is not free and it is part of the $179/month package.
- Brand24 Social Media Brand24 is a social media monitoring and analytics tool. It also combines features in gaining social insights, engaging audiences, and detecting sales opportunities.
- Brand Watch (Bought Peer IndeX in 2014) identify social influencers by topic. Brandwatch is a social intelligence and social media listening and analytics technology platform gathers millions of online conversations every day and provides users with the tools to analyze them.
- Buzzlogix Buzzlogix is a social media suite, with features in social media management, social media monitoring, and social analytics. Users can track brand awareness, social conversations, and improve social intelligence across social media platforms.
- Buzz Numbers
- BuzzSumo Find most shared social media content and key influencers.
- Cision (former ViralHeat) Cision’s Social Media Edition, formerly Viralheat, is a social media management and monitoring tool. Cision gives users a solution for monitoring, engaging, and analyzing social streams to gain insights on a brand’s image and engage a community. Cision also owns a social media monitoring tool called: Visible Intelligence.
- Curalate: Instagram Analytics and Image data.
- Crimson Hexagon Crimson Hexagon is a social media monitoring and analytics solution for businesses. Crimson Hexagon helps businesses use these insights to meet their overall goals and strategies.
- DemandForce (Former Flowtown)
- Digimind Social Digimind Social is a product for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on mentions and other social data from the web. Digimind Social also allows users to act on their social intelligence data by integrating Digimind into third party social media management products.
- Expion Suitable for businesses with multiple social media properties.
- Falcon Social Falcon Social is a social media suite with features for social media management, social media monitoring, and social analytics. Falcon Social allows users to break up their social media marketing into multiple streams to gain insights on their social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Dashish tool – Denmark.
- FollowerWonk (Moz Tool) Allows you to indentify influencers and sort them.
- Geofeedia Geofeedia is a social media monitoring tool. Geofeedia specializes in location-based monitoring, allowing users to track and join social conversations in real-time anywhere in the world.
- Hootsuite (One of our prefer social media management tools. We actually use it to manage all our eDigital social media channels – Highly recommended)
- Infegy Atlas Infegy Atlas is a social media monitoring and analytics solution. Infegy Atlas helps users to understand their customers using insights from social data.
- Klear Klear is a social monitoring and analytics tool. Klear uses social intelligence to support social monitoring, influencer marketing, and competitive intelligence.
- Klout (Free)
- Little Bird allows you to filter the noise and build connections to the most influential people in your target market.
- Meltwater Buzz Meltwater Buzz is a social media monitoring product built on top of Meltwater’s social intelligence platform. Meltwater Buzz helps users to listen, engage, and understand their brand.
- Mention Mention is a social media monitoring solution. Mention is also integrated with the social media management platform Buffer to allow users to manage and publish content within the product.
- Netbase Netbase is a social media suite with features in social media management, social media monitoring, and social media analytics. NetBase integrates with social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and LinkedIn to allow companies to gather social media insights, understand audience habits, engage with users, and publish content.
- Oktopost Oktopost is a B2B-specific social media suite with features in social media management, social media monitoring, and social analytics. Oktopost allows users to manage and monitor their brand on social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn.
- Oracle (Former Vitrue)
- PostPlanner $7 month (by Sep 2015) Helps you find the best content in your industry and Facebook post schedule it.
- Radarly Radarly is a social media monitoring and intelligence tool owned by Linkfluence. Radarly’s features includes solutions for social listening, social measurement, engagement, and real-time management.
- Rignite post, schedule, collaborate, respond, and track social activity.
- SDL/SM2 (Former Alterian)
- Sendible Sendible is a social media suite product with features in social media management, social media monitoring, and social analytics. Users can manage their social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, and blogs from Sendible’s dashboards.
- Signals by Brandwatch Signals analyse your data in real time to automatically alert you via email when there have been significant changes, such as an increase in volume, a trending story or an influencer getting involved in the conversation. Signals doesn’t require you to know what changes you’re looking for in advance – so it’s great for unearthing stories or issues you might otherwise have missed. Signals can be set up to alert multiple people – even those without a Brandwatch login.
- Social bakers (Free)
- Social Flow Used by mashable.com and News Limited and other publishers to manage and optimise social media engagement. Will help you know the best time to publish for optimal reach and engagement.
- Social Mention (Free)
- Social Studio Social Studio is a social media suite product, with features in social media management, social media monitoring, and social analytics and is a component of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Social Studio is a relatively new product, with functionality and features from Buddy Media and Radian6, two discontinued Salesforce.com products for social media management and social media monitoring respectively.
- Sprinklr Sprinklr is an enterprise-level social media suite with features for social media management, social media monitoring, social advertising, and social analytics. Sprinklr can access a variety of social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Instagram. Sprinklr offers users customizable social media components to integrate with many departments within a company.
- Synthesio Synthesio is a social media monitoring product offering features for listening to customer bases and to help businesses make informed decisions from their social insights.
- Sysomos Sysomos is a social media monitoring tool. Sysomos has features in social listening and engagement, and provides two tiers of social intelligence tools: Sysomos MAP and Heartbeat. Toronto based Canada, Canadian tool.
- TailWind Create the optimal pin schedule based on audience engagement, virality, traffic. Schedule multiple pins at once with our Chrome Extension and bulk upload. Schedule repins directly from Pinterest. Shape your Pinterest editorial calendar with simple drag-and-drop control.Track repins, likes, comments, traffic and revenue on scheduled pins over time.
- Talkwalker Talkwalker is a social media monitoring and analytics tool. Talkwalker helps users find and use their social data to access insights on their brand.
- TapInfluence: Find social media influencers via Pinterest and Instagram
- Traackr Discover social media influencers
- Tracx Tracx is a social media suite with features in social media management, social media monitoring, and social analytics. Tracx provides solutions for social listening, leveraging audiences, and analyzing social insights among social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, and more.
- Trap!t: using the power of your employees for social media selling.
- Groupon (bought VenueLabs) Custom made for restaurants, retail and hospitality with multiple stores.
- Visual ly Helps you create Infographics
- True Social Metrics: Allows you to track all your social media metrics in one dashboard and also compare your performance with your competitors.
MOCK UP TOOLS
PHOTOGRAPHY FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
- Copyright essentials by Getty Images
- JPEG Reducer
- Mauricio Mar ( Sydney Photographer)
- Tiny PNG (Plugin for Photoshop)
QUOTES MAKER TOOLS
RESEARCH AND TRENDS TOOLS
- Latitude Research
- Social Bakers (data and insights for most popular Facebook pages and users by country.
- Think with Google- Insights
SCREEN SHOT TOOLS
SOCIAL AGGREGATION PLATFORMS
- Olapic. Leading retailers use this tool to increase conversion rates from visual digital campaigns by collecting and amplifying Visual User Generated Content on social media associated to their products and brands. They have a great webinar on how to collect and amplify Visual UGC worth checking it out…
- Postano Targets companies that run live events
- Story Stream
- Tagboard With Tagboard, you can embed hashtags from multiple networks inc Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Vine.
SOCIAL SHARING BUTTONS
- Hashtagify tracks trending hashtags and shows “related” hashtags for any base terms you provide.
- SocialBro: helps you automate the process of creating twitter lists.
- Topsy: allows you to search by time & place, set alerts, and analyze sentiment for every tweet ever made.
- TwChat lets you discover, participate in, and easily host Twitter chats. It’s also a useful tool for monitoring and archiving any hashtag streams.
VIDEO PRODUCTION PROVIDERS
- Shootsta Mix of in-house and outsourced video production. Ideal for corporations, SMEs and agencies. 24 hours turnaround time. Packages start at $2k per month for two videos. Clients incude: Adobe, Qantas, KiwiBank, Sanofi
- SpeechPad: Video Transcription Services.
VIDEO PROMOTION AMPLIFICATION PROVIDERS
- BraveBison (former Rightster): helps Video Owners, Publishers & Brands get the Right Video to the Right Audience, on the Right Platform, at the Right Time.
- Viocorp. Enterprise level streaming/ live video platform. Clients include QBE, David Jones, Australian Government, Tedx Sydney, Virgin, Optus, HotelClub, Bupa, Amazon, Cebit Australia and others.
- Youtube blog: (Learn video content best practices)
- Youtube creator blog
- Socialblade ( top 100 and 500 youtube channels by country – most subscribers inc australia )
- Youtube Playbook for brands (PDF) Best Youtube marketing practices curated by Youtube employees.