ROYALTY FREE STOCK IMAGES & PHOTOS – THE LIST
- FancyCrave Releases two new eye-catching images from professional photographers everyday.
- Foter Free but requires attribution – you need mention the photographer and link back. There is a wordpress plugin.
- Free Refe Due to their clarity, quality, and diverse subject matter. Real life photos and images are anything but boring. The free photos here are a must-bookmark resource.
- Gratisography: photographer Ryan McGuire. Royalty-free, Categories of animals, nature, objects, people, urban, and whimsical, there are new photos added weekly, which are also shared through McGuire’s Twitter and Facebook.
- IM Free royalty free collections include templates, icons, button makers, along with classic free stock images organized by themes such as technology, education, nature, and many more.
- ISO Republic English designer and photographer Tom Eversley. High-quality images to be used by designers, developers, bloggers, marketers and social media teams. Photos include: architecture, nature, people, textures, urban, and everyone’s favorite, “various”.
- Jay Mantri free stock photos
- Kaboompics – eDigital Recommended – KaboomPics offers a ton of great quality royalty free stock images that are available for use by personal users as well as commercial purposes. The thousands of free images are searchable by keyword, category, tags, or can be browsed.
- Libreshot – eDigital Recommended – great selection of royalty free images by Martin Vorel.
- Life of Pix Free high-resolution stock images donated to the public domain by the Leeroy Advertising Agency in Montreal. With no copyright restrictions, the beautiful photos are free for personal and commercial use. Moving variety images are also accesible at Life of Vids royalty-free videos, clips.
- Lock and Stock Photos Lock and Stock Photos was started by AJ Montpetit. All of his photos are released under the Creative Commons Zero license, so no attribution is required (but is of course always appreciated).
- Morguefile Offers photographs available free for the use in creative projects. The website does ask that photographers or artists are credited when using their free stock images as they aren’t in the public domain. As they emphasize altering their images when using them, this is a great resource for free social media images.
- Moveast Free images from the eastern world.
- Negative Space Negative Space adds new free stock images every week, and all are listed under the Creative Commons Zero license. These free images are sortable by category, copy space, position, and color.
- New Old Stock hundreds of vintage photos from the public archives. The photos are fascinating and would be a compelling addition to any social media campaign. Offering hundreds of royalty free stock photos, New Old Stock’s collection showcases a wide variety of situations and subjects.
- Pexels – eDigital Recommended – Free stock photos website. The free stock images on Pexels are curated from sites such as Gratisography, Unsplash, and Little Visuals, in the attempt to simplify the image searching process. All of the photos on the site are licensed under the Creative Commons Zero, making it easy to know that you can use any of the photos for personal or commercial use.
- Picjumbo Over 600 high resolution photos for free, or download a pack that includes all images as well as three Photoshop mockups, in exchange for a donation of $10 or more.
- Pixabay – eDigital Recommended – Pixabay offers over 490,000 free images for both your personal and commercial use. These are great to use as social media images, because Pixabay’s collection includes not only photos, but illustrations and vector images. As all images on the site are royalty free and covered under Creative Commons CC0, they may be modified and used commercially and in printed format.
- Splitshire Stunning, easy to browse, free stock images. The images are sorted into helpful categories such as “Abstract,” “Still Life,” and “Technology,” which allows for a pleasant browsing experience. Nanescu’s photos which previously lived “ on a hard drive gathering dust” are now, for good reason, being used on websites like The Huffington Post, CNN, as well as numerous books and magazine covers.
- Startup Stock Photos Startup Stock Photos has a concept that is pretty self-explanatory, with free stock images for “startups, bloggers, publishers, websites, designers, developers, creators.”
- StockSnap – eDigital Recommended – The free images can be sorted by date added, trending, number of views, number of downloads, as well as through keyword searches.
- Stockvault Royalty-free images, graphics, and designs from photographers, designers, and students around the world. As long as you stay on the “Free Stock Photos” rather than the “Premium Stock Photos” tab, you have access to a library of photos to use.
- Unsplash – eDigital Recommended – Free (do whatever you want) high resolution photos. Unsplash offers ten new photos every ten days via an email subscription as well as simply on their website. All photos are licensed under Creative Commons Zero, “which means you can copy, modify, distribute and use the photos for free, including commercial purposes, without asking permission from or providing attribution to the photographer.
The search for perfect free IMAGES can seem daunting at first, but with these free resources hopefully the task has been made as painless as possible. Share your fav sites for free stock photos by contacting us.
Last tip: Canva also published this great article (Feb 2015) listing more than 75 websites where you can find free stock photography.
Hasta pronto! Mauricio
- Are you ready to promote your business via Instagram and get more followers and leads? Check out this great “Sharing Photos with Instagram” course.
- Contact us today for Social Media training or social media Strategy workshops. We offer sessions in any main city in Australia inc: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Gold Coast, Byron Bay, Hobart, Cairns, NewCastle, Wollongong and others.
- Check out our top social media tools list.
- Find out about our next social media classes.
- We are happy to connect with you via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram