TOP 70 BEST SUPPLY-SIDE PLATFORMS (SSP) – 2018 LIST
Are you a publisher who wants to monetise your website or app via display ads? Optimising publisher revenues is harder than ever – SSPs, DSPs, Display, Mobile, Video, etc. Publishers are overwhelmed by the amount of technologies and providers they must work with and optimise against, in order to maximize revenues in today’s programmatic environment. Using a simple but effective supply side platform will connects you to the entire programmatic eco system, so you don’t need to. Your SSP platform should optimise your billions of impressions for publishers with the best yield.
The below is a list of the best Supply Side Platforms that can help you set up, manage and monetise your visits via Display ads. You do not need more than one, you need only one. if you are new start small with a test or trail before engaging on a long term contract.
Your initial goal should be to have a feeling on how a new SSP works and their service, before devoting your time to fully think only on monetisation. Some of the users header bidding which is an advanced programmatic solution for sellers and mobile app developers that increases yield by making premium inventory available to multiple ad exchange buyers, at the same time.
TOP 70 BEST SSP PLATFORMS – 2018 LIST
ONE by AOL Publisher is a simple, unified programmatic solution designed to help publishers maximize monetization across every format and channel. ONE by AOL: Ad Server provides publishers with advanced ad management and serving capabilities that span the entire workflow of the digital marketing landscape. Seamlessly integrate display, video, mobile and rich media ads, with sales management and business analytics. ONE by AOL: Display MP is a supply-side platform and exchange. It is integrated with ONE by AOL and the industry’s leading demand side platform. Monetise audiences by managing and boosting demand across programmatic channels. Maximize the value of every impression with AOL Header Bidding Solution, including both a container solution and supercharged bidder.
Advark allows website owners to fully monetize their video and website traffic and helps advertisers to access their target audience across hundreds of websites. Advertising across desktop and mobile, domestic and international traffic, using a variety of in-player and near-player video advertising formats.
Adblade provides unique advertising and monetization services, for both advertisers and publishers. Adblade is a publisher’s first choice for monetization solutions. Adblade technology provides strong sales controls, robust reporting and drives revenue. Adblade network integrates with any design to offer your audience a high quality user experience. Start earning industry leading CPMs.
The leading mobile video advertising platform trusted by top grossing mobile app developers and Fortune 500 brands. You can create from stunning Instant-Play™ HD video with dynamic end cards to engaging rich media units for your app or video game.
ADDAPTIVE (Former Audience 360)
Increase B2B revenue and brand visibility with AdDaptive’s advertising automation software and IP targeting software.
For premium publishers, Adequant offers free of charge access to demand sources (advertisers, DSPs, agencies, and ad networks). You have the opportunity to sell omni-channel inventory (display, video, mobile web, mobile video, mobile in-app) using the same ad exchange. It minimizes integration time, resources, and loss of inventory through pass-back procedure. Simple and complete self-serve user and reporting interface.
Whether you are a display network, video network or both, the AdForge Edge platform has you covered, including:Publisher and advertiser logins, True domain reporting – so you know where your tags are running, Integrated ad analytics by MOAT – so you can see what your demand partners see about your inventory – all built right in.
There is a world full of brands lining up to pay top prices for what you have to sell. Adform Supply Side Platform (SSP) uses real-time bidding to ensure you (the publisher) have a long line of quality advertisers cued and eager to purchase your inventory. They can integrate their platform directly into your ad server so that you can enter high-quality deals with premium buyers. Through their full-stack solution they deliver a seamless integration with the Adform DSP in addition to a wide selection of the world’s largest DSPs and Exchanges. This combination means that this Supply Side Platform supports all programmatic selling models, including open marketplace, private marketplace and guaranteed deals. Key features:
- Deal management. Adform platform lets you control the terms of the deal, so that you never have to worry about brand safety, channel conflict or selling inventory for less than you want. Sales controls, price floors, whitelists and blacklists enable you to control who has access to your inventory, which segments they can purchase, and protects your revenue stream.
- Hands on Support. Use the Adform Supply Side Platform to get the best prices possible for your desktop, mobile, in-app, and video inventory. With Adform you can integrate your inventory across multiple devices and formats making sure it gets the visibility it deserves, all through a seamless experience that leaves you in control while making your life more straight forward and efficient. Adform will bring a supply of targeted advertisers and agencies to you through the adform interface.
- Private Marketplace. As a fully integrated component of their full-stack solution, it offers additional levels of control and safety. Within the Private Marketplace you enjoy all of the benefits of the Adform Virtue suite; a collection of tools dedicated to preventing click fraud, improving your overall peace of mind, and halting all malicious behavior in its tracks. You can also create exclusive and first-look deals as well as the opportunity to monetise your audience data via seamless integration with its Data Management Platform. Through the Private Marketplace, you will also benefit from the ability to execute any given format, while embracing emerging market trends such as Guaranteed Viewability. The Adform Private Marketplace lets you get specific and reach a wide audience for great monetisation opportunities.
Get the most out of your website with the help of AdMedia. You’ve already filled your site with interesting content, now it’s time to make money out of it. Admedia will display relevant and targeted ads on your site and you’ll earn revenue every time your visitors click on the ads. Admedia also makes sure that our advertisements will complement the natural look and feel of your website. You’re free to choose what kinds of ads you want and where they’ll appear. Do you want them to be discreet or in plain view? Do you want text ads or rich media? Whatever your preferences are, Admedia can help you. Some of the most popular ad types are: Native Ads, AdMobile, Intextual, Buzz Widget (*New), Contextual, Overlay Ads, Pop Under, Pop New Tab, Thank You Email, Thank You Offers, 404Bucks, DittoDomains, PreRoll, MidRoll, FooterRoll, VideoSense, ExitMonetization, Video Slider, DirectNavTraffic.
(Owned by Google) Mobile app monetisation platform for publishers who want to monetise their apps. Key features:
- Use in-app advertising to show ads from millions of Google advertisers and access programmatic demand, or use AdMob Mediation to earn from 40+ networks.
- AdMob’s native ads preserve user experience, and innovative video ads keep users engaged. Choose from many formats to suit your app.
- Get free, unlimited mobile app analytics with Google Analytics for Firebase. Scale with free house ads and tools to manage deals with advertisers.
- Rewarded video ads: you can create engaging ads experiences by offering your users in-app rewards (e.g. points, currency, avatars, levels). You can change user incentives without updating your code or use rewarded mediation to dynamically show the highest-yielding ad every time.
- Native ads. Simply pick a template, customize to match your app, and implement the code. Make style changes on the fly without re-publishing.
(Own by Google) the emost simple way of display monetisation. might not be the best to optimise yield but the easiest to implement.
SSP for bloggers. Get the highest possible income for each pageview. Adthrive handles the ads so that you can focus on creating content. To keep their network high-quality and earnings as high as possible for everyone, Adthrive looks for websites that fit all of these characteristics:
- Google Analytics installed and running and a minimum of 100,000 monthly pageviews
- Majority of traffic is U.S. based
- No previous advertising infringements and are not blacklisted with Google or other major publishers
- Content is unique, original, amazing for audiences and advertisers
Adthrive services include:
- Ad management, mobile ad optimisation and video monetisation
- Exclusive premium campaigns
- Publisher Dashboard, Learning Tools, opportunities to grow your traffic and expert support and guidance.
(Open source Header wrapper: Prebid) Ad management software. Maximize monetization by selling every impression at top dollar. Leverage the industry’s most trusted, transparent enterprise platform to optimize revenue, maximize yield, and command top dollar. Buyers and sellers choose to work with AppNexus’ platform as one, holistic solution to meet their business needs. If you’re a publisher, our real-time decisioning platform lets you maximize monetization to its fullest potential, so you command top dollar for each impression you sell, and increase your total yield through best-in-class forecasting. Key features:
- Publisher suite: The AppNexus Publisher Suite gives publishers an open alternative to monetize their content and build their digital businesses. Never before has there been an end to end solution that enables cost and operational efficiency with high transparency. The AppNexus Publisher Suite is a one-stop platform that powers planning and forecasting, direct campaign management, diverse marketplace sales, audience extension, and ad serving – all in one seamless technology suite. And unlike its primary full stack competitor, AppNexus doesn’t own or operate any media properties, meaning it has no incentive to favor its own competing businesses over those of its customers.
- Publisher SSP: Whether you’re a publisher or a mobile developer, you can use our SSP to build your business at whatever scale you require. You can manage and allocate inventory across demand partners and set up direct campaigns and orders. You can also apply audience data to extend the audience reach of your campaigns.
- Publisher Ad Server. The AppNexus Publisher Adserver, a single digital ad delivery platform, empowers publishers to realize the value of their ad inventory by managing and optimizing it across all demand channels and screens through one unified and independent platform.
Video advertising platform for publishers. They offer only video ads, not traditional display ads. Beachfront.io platform handles all of the video advertising delivery, yield management, and real-time reporting, saving Publisher time and money.
Brightcom is a Publisher Side Platform – Their ‘compass’ proprietary technology and teams of trusted advisers across the globe turn us into an entry point for all the best the programmatic world has to offer. Their focus on the needs of both publishers and advertisers offering them premium traffic, quality assurance and exclusive media opportunities.
Real time header bidding solution for publishers. Offers guaranteed filled. bRealTime provides publishers with a global, preferred programmatic marketplace where they can achieve the highest yield with 100% visibility into the advertisers filling their inventory. Partnered with some of the top media buyers in the industry to deliver monetisation across display, mobile and video.
Centro Brand Exchange can help you tap into programmatic demand by making your inventory available to buyers across all major platforms. The result is a competitive bidding environment that drives higher CPMs while attracting top-tier marketers. When you choose Centro Brand Exchange, you choose a consultative partner that is primarily focused on building your business by improving your performance and driving revenue. With direct access to publisher specialists and data-driven insights within the platform, you receive recommendations that power smart decisions and allow you to make the most of your ad inventory. Key features:
- Integrated with all major DSP’s. Centro Brand Exchange works with all major DSPs and trading desks, enabling greater access to digital ad spend. This creates a competitive bidding environment, ultimately driving greater revenue for your inventory.
- Private deal capabilities. Increase demand, create higher fill rates and improve CPMs without doing any of the heavy lifting yourself. We can create and facilitate the private deals on your behalf to increase the value of your inventory.
- Insights and Analytics. As a publisher partner, you’ll have access to an interface with robust reporting insights across advertisers and inventory. These insights help empower smarter business decisions and drive your digital revenue growth.
Monetisation platform for mobile games. Maximise revenue and capture new players with video and interstitial ads through the ad network, cross promotion or direct deals.
Offer a variety of ads including: native ads, standard IAB, Sticky footer, native API. Criteo Direct Bidder maximises revenue by directly connecting your premium inventory to our premium demand. That means you retain the full value of every impression Criteo buys — including standard display, native ad units, and select ad-blocked impressions. Key features:
- Take advantage of Criteo standalone integration method, or utilise your existing header bidding wrappers through Prebid or Index.
- Flexibly configure your ad server, defining the best rules to maximize yield from our high-quality demand through 16,000+ global advertisers
- Get the full value of each impression with a unique CPM that’s inserted into your ad server.
- Eliminate third-party fees, hidden costs, and opaque bidding mechanisms for all impressions that Criteo buys directly.
- Connect directly to Criteo programmatic platform, delivering lightning-quick responses to more than 120 billion requests per day.
- Directly match users’ cookies in real time and capture more spend from Criteo, which values impressions based on a shopper’s propensity to convert.
- Recover ad-blocked impressions with our ability to serve Acceptable Ads.
(Owned by Google) Free ad server but no support. You will be swimming on an open sea, no-one really telling you how to do it. Best to implement it via a Partner who offers implementation specialists, traffickers or a Yield Management team.
District M offers Header Integration, also referred to as header bidding or header tags, is an advanced programmatic technique that allows web publishers to offer ad inventory to multiple SSP/ad exchanges simultaneously before making the ad call to their server. Why should publishers use it?
- Increase competition on every single impression
- Average revenue lift of +30%
- Set it and forget it: No management resources required.
Some benefits of District M Header Integration:
- Easy Implementation. Requires less than 30 minutes per site. Be live within 24-48hrs from agreement. Can be removed just as easily.
- High Exposure and yield. Pure incremental revenue. Multiple exchanges through a single source. Access to District M’s unique yield algorithm, BidM.
- No latency. Tag is 100% asynchronous = Loads and submits winning bid independently of page content load. You’re in control, adjust timeout rate to your liking.
- Minimal Resources. No average CPM to update on line items. No passback/default tags to manage. No more fill rate or ad serving fee concerns.
Offers ad server + SSP. One of the oldest ad servers in the world. You can manage advertising sales efficiently with e-planning tools while maximising each impression profit and increasing income. Key features:
SSP that connects to multiple exchanges and DSP’s. Higher profitability and efficiency on real time auctions. Multiple demand sources in order to allow the best offer.
- Multi-platform technology: Ads in the exact place where the user is browsing: Web, Mobile, Video.
- Transparency in advertising sales. Appealing ads for YOUR audience.
- Great reports and planning. Thorough information to analyze your business profitability and better manage clients’ campaigns. Manage sold inventory, availability and sales projections
GAMUT MEDIA (Cox)
Getintent delivers AI-driven adtech solutions for programmatic buying. Get unmatched flexibility, total control & transparency with Getintent Smarter Bidder. Getintent gives publishers the power of Header Bidding with minimal integration hassle. Getintent bidder connects the programmatic demand platform to the supply so that you can set filters for exchanges and avoid SSP fees. Getintent leverages proprietary, advanced algorithms that work hard for higher ad quality ratings. This ensures higher yields for publishers and more valuable impressions for publishers’ advertisers. You will not need to fight against clickbait and extreme content, as their AI is ready to check these for you. This platform comes with detailed performance metrics: viewability, fill rate, and other key stats to adjust your buying or selling strategy.
Monetisation platform for mobile app publishers. Set your monetisation to autopilot with our transparent mediation tools and beautiful mobile ads.
In the world of online advertising, every second counts. HIRO’s technology makes it easy and effective to serve up the right ad, at the right moment, to the right viewer, for rich results. Their programmatic distribution and monetisation facilitates uses prediction-based real-time bidding (RTB), this translates into practically unlimited scale. Combined with latency-based optimization, quick loading-time for video-players, a unique cloud-based architecture, and their real-time big data optimization, HIRO’s technology is an option if you want to maximise ad opportunities.
Video and native monetisation platform for publishers.
Komoona is a dynamic Advertising Yield Optimization platform working across all major RTB exchanges and demand sources, to ensure maximum ad revenue. Komoona uses a combination of machine learning algorithms and big data technologies to complement their understanding of the RTB ecosystem inner-workings, in order to forecast, a/b test and monetize traffic in a way that guarantees each of your impressions always gets the highest bid. Komoona offers a fully automated, hands-off approach with no integration or deep ad-tech knowledge required by publishers. Key features:
- Simple JS tag on your page or within your ad server stack.
- Support of multi formats, sizes and screens.
- Quality control of advertisers and transparency on what’s running
- Full reporting transparency on ad performance, ad requests, ad impressions, CPM, fill rates, etc.
- Flexible ad delivery options (set your floor price, utilize pass-back tags)
- Quick and automatic payment
- No upfront commitments. No restrictive contracts. No exclusivity requirements. No ad serving fees
The Yahoo! Bing Network gives you instantaneous access to one of the world’s largest marketplaces for keyword-targeted advertisers. No matter how broad or niche your website is – we have advertisers appropriate for your content.
Mobile monetisation platform.
(Header wrapper: MonetizeMore Demand) uses DFP and Google Ad exchange. Revenue share offering and free DFP implementation.
Drive More Mobile Ad Revenue. MoPub is a hosted ad serving solution built specifically for mobile publishers. Grow your mobile advertising business with powerful ad management, optimization and reporting capabilities, and earn revenue by connecting to the world’s largest mobile ad exchange.
(Owned by AOL – Formerly called: Adtech AG) They have their own exchange publishers can use. Ad server is supposed to be free and they charge 10% of the sales made via their own exchange.
They work with Publishers who have at least 50 million page views a month. Smaller ones might want to consider Sovrn or Criteo.
Strong in the Latin American market. Offers full service. DFP implementation and takes revenue share 25% of total sales. They can also help you find direct deals, in this case they take 40% commission for direct deals.
(Owned by Microsoft) Monetise your apps with Pubcenter.
PubMatic provides omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and programmatic tools for media buyers. Contact pubmatic to learn how a publisher-focused SSP can work for your online media business. Pubmatic Wrappers collects various services like multiple bid requests, analytics, tracking, and viewability prior to passing them to an ad server. The Pubmatic wrapper make it easier for publishers to manage and alter tags. Without a wrapper, ads ops teams have to manually replace header tags on a page to implement changes. It would be easy to dismiss wrappers as just simple container tags, however, there is much more to consider when deciding on which wrapper technology is right for you.
OPEN SOURCE AD SERVER
With Rocket Fuel’s Programmatic Marketing Platform, publishers can create scalable programs based on proven results. Rocket Fuel is one of the only companies that offers ad sellers, including publishers and networks, an integrated platform and full suite of programmatic services that increase sales and customer satisfaction. Rocket Fuel offers both managed service and self service platform engagements.
Advertising marketplace that connects sellers across trusted, high-quality buyers. Maximize yield for your inventory and audiences across all screens and formats, with all of the benefits that automation provides. Key features of their header bidding technology:
- Sell inventory on a per-impression basis. Get full control of your programmatic demand across all devices and formats.
- Higher yield for impressions. Increase yield using the power of RTB at scale like never before.
- Generate competition at every priority level. Invite multiple demand sources to bid on your inventory before making a call to your ad server.
- Maximum impact from real time bidding. Eliminate the need for passbacks that create discrepancies.
- Allocate exact and intelligent inventory. Give your buyers access to valuable audiences and impressions at all levels of the ad stack.
- Unique Private Marketplace Agreements. Supercharge PMP deals with our world class Orders marketplace.
SALESFORCE DMP (FORMER KRUX LINK)
Salesforce DMP helps companies put data to work to orchestrate breakthrough brand experiences, deepen consumer engagement, and drive business results. Having evolved well beyond its DMP roots, Salesforce DMP now serves as the Intelligent Marketing Hub, a data decision system that helps marketers, media companies, and agencies drive more relevant, more valuable media, content, and commerce experiences. Salesforce DMP is driven by a relentless focus on people: who they are, what they need, what they want, and what they expect. Key features:
- This solution enables businesses to understand individuals and deliver experiences tuned to their needs and preferences.
- Data signals are drawn from all screens and sources and used to improve experiences across all consumer touchpoints.
- Salesforce DMP learns iteratively, continuously responding to new data signals and data sources, to enable smarter interactions, deeper engagement, and improved revenue performance.
- The Salesforce DMP platform captures people data from multiple screens and sources, unifies the data to identify and understand individual preferences and expectations, and activates the data across every channel in ‘right time’ and ‘real time’. This allows Salesforce DMP to help companies create and reinforce consumer relationships through a virtuous cycle of valuable interactions and experiences.
Every month, Salesforce DMP interacts with more than 3 billion browsers and devices, supports more than 200 billion data collection events, processes more than 5 billion CRM records, and orchestrates more than 200 billion personalized consumer experiences.
Mobile-first platform and free ad server for publishers, app developers, agencies, DSPs and ad networks. Monetize your app or get targeted mobile traffic.
(includes Rich Media Ads SSP ie: outstream video) : full stack: SSP + Ad server. Start at $600/month ad server fee plus 20% take on sales when using their SSP. Strong in the Latin American market.
Sonobi is an ad technology company that builds innovative solutions that bring addressability, quality, and scale to the business of advertising. Their JetStream technology is moves away from traditional impression-based advertising, unifying comScore 250 publishers and Fortune 500 advertisers to collaborate, create, and deliver more effective communication plans, upfront and guaranteed, for the people that matter most: consumers. Key features:
- Single Integration. JetStream combines a single integration across all media platforms and properties, with tools to help how you sell advertising against your most value asset — your audience. Get back to what matters, building relationships and creating ad products that deliver real value to advertisers and buyers—by delivering engaging experiences to your most important asset: your audiences.
- Holistic Monetisation. Monetize your audience and inventory across indirect and direct buyers through a client-based adapter protocol and a server-to-server-based cloud protocol.
Sovrn one of the top
publisher’s advertising partners you can find, using advertising technology to help manage audience, optimize programmatic revenue and reach monetisation. Great SSP for publisher that wants more revenue, audience insights and reporting. Key features:
- Tools to help publishers compete.From header bidding to VPAID and VAST video, OnScroll InView ads and cross-platform content distribution.
- More demand for the audience you’ve built. Integrated with major advertising buyers.
- Compare your site in real time. Their dashboard shows if your site earns, performs, and delivers more than similar categories and publishers.
- Analyse your advertising partners. Unified reporting in Meridian so you can gauge all your advertising partners’ performance.
- Understand your audience. See your audience through a buyers’ eyes with insights from Quantcast, global traffic data, and viewability from partners like IAS.
A video advertising platform for publishers (video ssp). Their video monetization platform gives publishers and broadcasters insights and controls needed to achieve comprehensive inventory optimisation. Key features:
- Yield Management. By aggregating and competing all demand sources, across sales channels and devices, in a unified ad decisioning environment, the tool maximises yield, streamline workflow, enhance delivery and return the maximum revenue for every impression.
- Top publishers use this SSP platform to connect to all of their video demand sources – ad networks, DSPs, trading desks and exchanges – creating a single place where buyers compete for your inventory so you achieve the highest revenue possible.
- Cross-screen. You can monetise video inventory across any device using a single tag and a single platform.
- Programmatic. Automate your trading of media and streamline workflow.
Open Video Ad Serving Platform. SpringServe provides a suite of ad serving tools that make digital advertising more efficient. Key features:
- Video Ad server. A real-time video ad server engineered for optimisation.
- Direct Connect. Tagless transactions with other SpringServe partners.
- Actionable Analytics. Automatic integration with the industry’s top third-party verification platforms.
- Header bidding. All demand sources get an equal shot at every impression, increasing competition and revenue without cannibalising direct sales.
Tapjoy is a monetisation platform for mobile app developers and mobile app owners. Mobile App Developers leverage Tapjoy technology and expertise to acquire high-value users and generate more revenue. Tapjoy’s Interplay Videos have been designed and optimized to get the most out of your mobile revenue. These high-performing profit boosters can be easily accessed directly from Tapjoy or via ad exchanges such as: Fyber, HeyZap, Aerserv, iroSsource, Mopub, adincube, tapdaq, admob, appodeal.
Taboola is the world’s leading content discovery platform, serving 360 billion recommendations to over one billion unique visitors each month on the web’s most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune and Fox Sports. Chosen by thousands of the web’s top publishers for monetization, engagement and audience. Keep audiences on your site, deliver deep engagement for your advertisers, and boost revenue with the new Taboola Feed. Beta partner New York Daily News generated 26% more revenue and 40% more mobile engagement – no walled garden necessary. They currently have a minimum requirement of 1,000,000 qualified page views/month. Please note that just meeting this requirement does not mean automatic approval. Key features:
- Empower your editorial team with complete visibility and control over the content recommended on your site.
- Allow your site visitors to choose their own content experience and to filter content they don’t like
(Outstream Video SSP) Teads market themselves as the inventors of outstream video and the number 1 video advertising marketplace in the world. Publishers work with Teads to create brand new video inventory, monetizing it through programmatic buying, their own sales force, or third parties including Teads Managed Services. Teads’ native video advertising solutions encompass a series of formats inserted deep into media content, like the inRead playing inside articles. It is changing the game within the video advertising market by creating unprecedented levels of premium inventory, which did not exist before. Brands and agencies can access this top-tier, premium inventory, available on the web and on mobile, through programmatic or managed services. Through its managed services capabilities, the Teads team execute on their clients behalf using its platform.
(Header wrapper: Smartwrapper) Technorati is a publisher advertising platform that serves as an advertising solution for the thousands of websites in its network. They can solve tough technical challenges so you can deliver great content and advertising experiences at scale with maximum revenue. They remove friction between our buy-side and sell-side partners and provide value to publishers and their consumers. Key features:
- Independent, transparent SSP platform: open, non-opaque technology solutions helping drive monetisation through curated and transparent programmatic marketplaces.
- Quality Content: Their video products provide highly engaging, relevant short-form video content for desktop and mobile screens coupled with monetisation. They can deliver custom styling and quality content tailored to your needs that fit the design of your site and amplifies your own editorial content.
- Innovation-Driven: interactive formats worth checking out.
- Stability: With two decades of experience helping advertisers and publishers use technology to fuel more meaningful consumer connections, Synacor can serve your needs in a manner that only a stable, independent, publicly traded company can do.
One of the SSP leaders in Native programmatic. Key features:
- Getting started is simple. All it takes is one line of lightweight code and you’re ready to go.
- Scalable. Plug into native programmatic demand. TripleLift is integrated into the largest programmatic buying platforms in the world, so brands can access your native inventory with their programmatic buying.
- Work with top brands and enjoy full creative control to provide a seamless, uninterrupted browsing experience that matches the look and feel of your site.
Underdog Media is driven by a team of Digital Media and technology experts. They leverage best in class technology and industry partnerships to create ad placements that drive engagement with analytics that inform and guide intelligent business decisions for our partners.
Monetize your entire player base and reach new audiences with video ads.
UnrulyX is a supply-side platform that allows publishers to unify and report on all outstream video demand in one place. Every impression available in UnrulyX is from our one-on-one publisher relationships and is vetted by Unruly Shield, our awesome suite of brand safety and anti-fraud systems. UnrulyX uses Unruly’s polite, viewability-initiated native In-Feed, In-Article, and Vertical Video formats across desktop and mobile on premium publisher sites, all of which can be viewed on the UnrulyX PartnerPortal. Accessible via all major DSPs and via open marketplace or private marketplaces.
Vertoz is a leading programmatic company that offers engaging and innovative advertising and monetising solutions. Their ad technology and advanced capabilities empower a global roster of top advertisers and publishers all under one roof. They can monetise traffic from all verticals and geographies to earn the best ROI for online publishers. Their high flying traits include premium traffic quality, precise targeting, real-time tracking and detailed analytics. Their AdOps team outstandingly execute and implement advanced monetizing solutions tailored for each client. Founded in 2012, Vertoz has offices worldwide with its global headquarter in New York, U.S.A. Key features:
- Self serve SSP. Maximise your revenue with our algorithmic programmatic platform. With Vertoz you can make the most of every impression and maximize your revenue potential. Get access to our RTB enabled platform, connect to multiple DSPs, ad exchanges and networks through us to get best eCPMs and highest fill rates. Onboard all your inventory across multiple form factors and platforms to create your own dashboards with the help of our easy to use RESTful API & JSON.
- Real time bidding. Maximize your revenue potential through dynamic auction across all demand sources.
- Premium demand mix. Get demand from all the major DSPs, ATDs, exchanges and networks through a single provider.
- High fill rates. Yield optimiser ensures highest fill at industry leading eCPMs.
- Reporting. Reports and analytics of traffic performance and earnings in real time.
- Innovative Ad Formats. Innovatively designed high impact ad formats that boost your audience experience.
their in-app video ads blend into the native user experience and perform better, helping publishers generate more revenue.
WideOrbit’s technology platform creates media transaction value for TV & radio broadcasters, national TV networks, publishers, and advertisers. Their WO Digital Hub is a robust order management system that helps publishers manage the entire ad sales cycle from opportunity and order to invoice and analysis. Their solution is perfect for publishers with multiple ad servers, outlets and properties and who need to track orders, order lines and traffic across multiple systems. With Wide Orbit you can unite sales, ad operations, and finance on a single solution to simplify complex workflows, increase efficiency, and drive revenue growth. Key features:
- Simplified Ad Sales Operations. Manage sales, ad operations, and finance from a single interface. Automate order push, pricing rules, proposal approvals, and reporting.
- Flexible Integrations. Integrate with Google DFP and major ad servers, CRM tools, accounting systems, data warehouses, and programmatic platforms.
- Optimised Yield. Their dashboard will help you uncover the most profitable ways to bundle inventory.
- Cross-Media Campaign Management. Manage print and digital together in the same system.
- Streamlined Billing. Simplify billing and reconciliation with invoices generated and delivered directly from the system.
- Centralise Key Business Information. The tool provides company-wide access to product catalog, inventory avails, approvals, sales and delivery data, and rate cards.
- Performance and Revenue Reporting. Generate revenue forecasts and reports on product and package performance.
- Customisable Dashboards. Access key performance indicators with built-in and fully customizable dashboards.
Yahoo App Publishing provides a flexible ad-serving platform that is easy to set up and use, enabling you to maximise your ad revenue and engage actively with your users. As a Publisher, you can drive revenue by creating banners, interstitials, native and video ads for your app.
(Open source Header wrapper: Pubfood) They welcome mainly websites in health, recipe/couponing, financial services and food/recipe. They also try to stick to a 5MM PV a month minimum, US PVs only per site.
WHERE ARE SSP’s LOCATED WITHIN THE DISPLAY ADVERTISING ECOSYSTEM?
When choosing an SSP, we recommend choosing one that offers Header bidding technology so you can get paid higher per CPM.
Benefits of a Header bidding SSP compared with a Waterfall bidding SSP.
- Increased yield and revenue: Publisher can use real bid prices to make better decisions around ad revenue optimisation
- Reduced discrepancies: Daisy chaining often leads to inconsistencies between the publisher’s system and the advertiser’s system, leading to billing disagreements that require time and resources to resolve. By removing the need for daisy chaining, publishers no longer suffer discrepancies
- Decreased time to get an ad on the page, which increases inventory and performance
What’s Daisy Chaining bidding (Waterfall bidding)?
It’s a relatively simple concept: Different demand was being placed in different buckets, and some buckets were given priority over others. Technology such as sovrn’s aims to pour the content of all individual buckets into one large bucket. Daisy chaining can be inefficient because it does not give a publisher full transparency into the fair market value of the publisher’s inventory, this means publishers often lose revenue by unknowingly offering and then selling a specific ad impression to one advertiser, when another partner lower in the chain would have paid more.
Understanding volatility of CPM demand.
- CPMs rise at the end of months and quarters as agencies try to spend client budgets. They also rise at the beginning of each hour and day as DSPs reset their frequency caps.
- Sophisticated advertisers (Procter & Gamble is an oft-mentioned example) back off from their spend during periods of artificially high demand.
- CPMs climb well before Thanksgiving. Starting Nov. 12, Amnet (a DSP platform) sees a 10% to 25% increase in average CPMs, and a 50% spike above average on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. “The irony is the largest budgets are at the time when it’s most expensive to buy. Because more consumers are in a shopping mindset the last couple of months of the year, campaigns still perform better”said Amnet platforms head Chris Romano.
- On AppNexus’ exchange, people are three times more likely to convert during the fourth quarter, with the average conversion rate going from .1% in Q1 to .3% in Q4. making CPM’s prices higher.
- CPMs drop on Christmas and remain low through January. But people still buy after Christmas.. AppNexus showed conversion rates ranging from .07% to .09% from Dec. 23 to Jan. 2, when CPMs are at their lowest.
- Among other holidays, the Fourth of July and Memorial Day both also bring big traffic dips. According to AppNexus, traffic in the US dipped 25% compared to non-US traffic on July 4. For these warm holidays, consumers aren’t just away from the Internet. They’re not shopping, either. There are holidays like a July 4 or Memorial Day, where the performance is not there unless you have a promotion at that time. For something like a March Madness package, DSP’s negotiate these packages well in advance and offer them to clients.
- During holidays desirable to brands, advertisers will obviously pay more to get near the hot content. MediaMath observed that private marketplace deals rise 20% to 30% around special deal packages for holidays like the Super Bowl and Valentine’s Day.
- Competition becomes fierce to reach the right consumers on Black Friday or Cyber Monday because the sales cycle is very short. That’s when top brands are willing to pay top CPMs for securing those users.
- Daily rhythms factor into how advertisers reach consumers. Traffic dip when people sleep and rising as they wake. Many advertisers like to reach users as they’re logging on first thing in the morning, when traffic volume is rising. The assumption is that advertisers are trying to grab users’ attention first thing, to get that first impression of the day,” CPMs peak at 60% to 80% above the early morning hours (2 a.m to 5 p.m.). That spend tapers off until the evening, when there’s a second peak of people going on the Internet from home, from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Weekends see lower traffic, and a higher percentage of mobile traffic, than weekdays. Some advertisers avoid the weekends because they don’t see as many conversions. Weekends are never great performers for hotels, because people are in the hotels on the weekend.
TOP PROGRAMMATIC CONSULTANTS
- Mauricio Escobar from eDigital, Sydney, Australia
- Prohaska Consulting, New York. USA
- Stephanie Layser, New York USA.
- Not sure what SSP to implement or need a freelance trafficker to manage and optimise your ad server or SSP? Contact our eDigital team today!
OTHER RESOURCES FOR PUBLISHERS
- Display Advertising Trends 2011 Report by Google and Double Click for Publishers
BEST SSP PLATFORMS
WAS WRITTEN BY…
Mauricio Escobar is an award winning Digital Marketing Specialist at eDigital 🏆 One of Australia’s Top 5 Most Visited Digital Marketing Websites. Mauricio is Sydney based Top Linkedin Australian Marketing Influencer (over 5k connections) who trains marketing and agency teams with Best Digital Marketing Practice via Strategy Workshops, Campaign Management, templates & Training Sessions. Mauricio enjoys photography & teaching Digital Marketing. Certified Facebook/Adwords Digital Marketer – Social Media Specialist – Sydney SEO Consultant – StartUp Investor – International Speaker. Contact Mauricio or follow him on Instagram – Facebook. Subscribed to his e-newsletter
NOW YOUR TURN!
Share your opinion or your best tip below 😀 ⇓