BEST SEO TOOLS – THE LIST – INC KEYWORD RESEARCH & BACK LINKS TOOLS
We list here some of eDigital favourite entry-level, professional and enterprise SEO tools. These are some of the best SEO tools we have regularly used that we can recommend for buying or purchasing – Some are free browser extensions, cloud-based online seo tools and paid desktop seo software tools.
The best SEO tools will save you valuable time, bring great insights and can quickly help you explore search engine ranking challenges and opportunities. With some of this seo tools you will need some degree of experience to get the very most out of them.
Your competition is likely to be using these tools and others like them, so you should think about reviewing them too.
Sydney SEO Expert Mauricio Escobar, one of the SEO Consultants from Sydney based SEO agency: eDigital; has aggregated some of these great white hat seo tools for you…
- Ahrefs (Site explorer): One of the best SEO tools has a Huge index of links, rich data analysis have made Site Explorer one of the most popular tools for checking links. The tool can show links (including new and internal), linking domain, anchor text, and best pages, most shared, most linked content of a website. Ahrefs Site Explorer is a popular tool, with a free trial, for investigating links to and from your site.
- BackLink Watch: Free tool that allows you to get a list of backlinks pointing to a specific website and the the total of links found on backlink given web page.
- Bing Webmaster tools: Helps you improve your SEO site’s performance in search. Get access to free reports, web crawling tools and indexing resources. Specially important to SEO optimise for bing if your website targets Americans where Bing has bigger share than in Australia.
- Brandamos and Flair Interactive Services both offer free, basic SEO site analysis tools that grade sites on how well they’re optimized for target keyword phrases.
- Bright Edge: Enterprise SEO platform.
- BrightLocal: offers local SEO tools and local search engine marketing services for local business, agencies and consultants.
- BuzzStream: BuzzStream SEO tool is web-based software and automated tools for researching link prospects and building and managing influencers. Helping you to get the right back links to your site and creating buzz around key influencers. Buzz Stream also has a meta tag extrator tool where you can extract any url meta title, meta description, meta keywords.
- Copyscape is duplicate-content-detection software and a plagiarism checker, and it’s another favourite of SEO experts. A free version is available. Copyscape Premium will analyze a site’s entire content for 5 cents a page. “Within minutes you’ll have a plethora of data about which pages on your website contain duplicate content, the exact content highlighted for you, and a full list of other Web pages that your content was also discovered on.
- Crazy Egg shows you a “heat map” of where your site’s visitors tend to click most frequently. Plans start at $9 a month. The tool helps you discover which pages are most important to your visitors, according to Dave Davies, CEO, Beanstalk SEO.
- CognitiveSEO: Find your competitors top high quality links and domain trustworthiness pointing to your competitors sites.
- DIY SEO Site Audit – Learn how to perform your own DIY SEO website audit.
- eDigital Sydney SEO Agency and Services: Best SEO Consultants and Top SEO trainers in Sydney, Australia.
- Google Insights for Search tool compare search volume patters across specific regions, categories, time frames and properties.
- Google Trends- Keywords is a great FREE SEO tool that allows you to compare keyword trends, hot topics and hot searches.
- Google Trends – websites This top tool helps you find out trends for websites, geo audiences, related visited websites, related searches.
- Google Adwords – Keyword Planner tool allows you to analyse traffic volumes by country and keyword competition.
- Google.com.au How many of your website pages Google Australia has indexed?: Just type: “site:yoursitename.com….”
- Google Keyword traffic estimator Your boss is telling you SEO spend is a waste…Find out keyword market value and tell them how much of the organic traffic your site is getting or not getting currently cost.
- EminentSEO Enter a URL to check the status of all offsite links found on a page. The output will display status codes for each offsite link the tool can follow, including 404s and 410s, so you can find any broken links on the page.
- FollowerWonk (a Moz app): This top SEO tool offers Twitter analytics, follower segmentation, social graph tracking. Followerwonk helps you explore and grow your social graph. Give your power graphics on who your twitter followers are, where they are located, when they tweet.
- Image Raider: This SEO tool automatically finds who is using your web images so you can ask for links back.
- Internet Archive (Way Back Machine): It is a digital library offering free access to more than 400 billion archived web pages. you can see old versions of any website at some point in time.
- Integrity: Free website link Checker. Links on a web page very quickly become broken (link rot) because they get moved, deleted or changed, and other people that we link to do the same. Using a link checker regularly will improve your website’s user experience (UX) and search engine optimisation (SEO). Integrity is the free link checker for Mac. It’s OSX native, it is a very fast and accurate seo tool.
- Link Detective: You also need an account with Open Site Explorer from SEOmoz for Link Detective to function. Link Detective is one of the best SEO tools to find out how your competitors rank. Link Detective rifles through a backlink profile using semantic markup and URL naming conventions to group links by type. This makes it SUPER easy to see which of your competitors’ links you can swipe for yourself.
- Linkdetox: After latest Google Penguin updates, bad links can severely hurt your website rankings. Linkdetox can help you clean up your Link profile. Analyze your profile for toxic links! Now. Identify links that have highest likelihood of hurting your website.
- LinkProspector: The Link Prospector tool uncover the links that will improve your rankings. Their Link Target Score algorithm ensures the best opportunities are available for your SEO strategy.
- LinkRisk: LinkRisk is an SEO tool that calculates risk by analysing back links. A tool to audit your website’s link profile. The LinkRisk algo calculates a score for every link pointing at your site and provides easy tools to investigate, clean up and manage your link profile.
- Linkthief helps you find your competitiors most valuable back links.
- Who is Look Up (Australia): This tool allows you to find out the website owner of an Australian website.
- MajesticSEO : One of the best SEO tools to check Back links and inbound links counter. You can compare up to 5 domains simultaneously and see who is getting more link growth. MajesticSEO offers a basic free plan as well as paid plans, and it “evaluates all links and helps separate high-quality links from low-quality links. The site also breaks down anchor text in a pie chart and is a great tool to see if your link anchor text is over-optimized. That is, whether Google would deem your anchor text wording an out-of-compliance attempt to spam or game the search engines. (Anchor text is the text within a hyperlinked phrase).
SEND US YOUR TOP TWO KEYWORDS AND MAURICIO WILL TELL YOU HOW DIFFICULT WILL BE TO IMPROVE YOUR RANKINGS!
- Merchantwords explore keywords people are searching for on amazon.com
- Monitorbacklinks.com. Allows you to check your backlinks. You can also get send alerts when your competitors get a new backlink. Competitor keyword ranking checker is also available.
- Moz SEO tools: One of the most complete and best SEO tools in the market, Moz tools offer a all the SEO tool set you need to ensure you get the best rankings on search engines including Google. These tools to help you optimise your local business listings, track your social media performance, conduct link research, access SEO metrics for any page, and more.
- Open Site Explorer : Open Site Explorer SEO tool is Moz’s Search Engine for Links. You can perform competitive link research, explore backlinks, anchor text, and more for free.
- Page Rank Checker: this website allows you to check any website page rank, domain authority, page authority, alexa rank external backlinks count (inbound links count) referring domains and more.
- Plagiarism Check for duplicate content on the web.
- QuickSprout offers free website analysis tools in graphical format and provides recommendations for fixing problems.
- Rank Tracker ⚡️ eDigital recommended⚡️ Rank Tracker is one the most advanced and powerful SEO tool for keyword tracking, keyword research and PPC analysis.
- Raven Link Manager tool This top SEO Tool allows you to organise and entire link building campaign, view key SEO metrics about links, get updates about link status changes, it includes link screenshots for visually nicer reports and also can research link opportunities. Raven’s free 30-day trial provides an in-depth audit using its Site Auditor tool. “This will give you another tool to check your metadata, alt tags, headings, keyword usage, as well as a few additional data points. The report arrives in PDF format, and you can use it to measure progress as you fix site problems.
- Screaming Frog: This SEO Spider tool is a small desktop program which spiders websites’ links, images, CSS, script and apps from an SEO perspective. The tool fetches key onsite elements for SEO, presents them in tabs by type and allows you to filter for common SEO issues, or slice and dice the data how you see fit by exporting into Excel. You can view, analyse and filter the crawl data. Simply enter your site’s URL and click ‘Start.’ clicking through each tab and using the built-in filters can give you a great idea of what might need to be fixed on your site. You can check your competitors most popular and influential pages.
- Search Metrics: Enterprise SEO platform for Search Engine Optimisation.
- Scientific Seller: tool for keyword optimisation for Amazon listings.
- Scribe Content: Scribe reveals other profitable keywords and phrases, tells you how gently tweak your content for search engines, helps you crosslink your content for usability and increase time on site and identify websites for link building.
- Seobook : Check keyword density for any given page.
- SeoChat: tool that gives you keyword ideas.
- SEOQuake free browser extension that allows users to perform a variety of SEO analysis and parameters, such as Alexa rank, SEMrush links, Google Index, Webarchive age, compare urls/domains, diagnosis reports, backlinks details, no follow links and many more for any webpage.
- Seoreviewtools.com – you cna check your page authority and domain authority of any given page or domain name.
- SEMrush: SEMrush SEO tool collects SERP data for more than 106 million keywords and 71 million domains, including: AdWords ad copies and positions, organic positions for domains and landing URLs, search volumes, CPC, competition, number of results and more. They also provide customised data for a special project. Great tool to know the semantic grouping and user intent keywords giving organic traffic to competitors websites. SEMrush tool starts at $69/month as per March 2015.
- SERP Turkey Allows you to change SERPS on a dummy search engine results and send the page to testers so you can have an indicative of how specific changes to positions and copy might affect CTR.
- SheerSEO: This SEO Tool allows you to gather all of your SEO information in one place. SERPs, PageRank, Pages in main and supplemental index, back links, Twitter and Facebook mentions, social bookmarking, on page analysis and more. The tools also saves you time by automating your SEO activities including directory submission and communicating with relevant bloggers. You can also watch your SEO details from any platform including Windows, Mac or Cell/mobile phone (iphone). Track your positions in search engines over time and see what works and what doesn’t.
- SimilarWeb obtain the most important traffic data for any industry in many countries; it also shows the traffic per sources, most popular sites per channel, and trends.
- Smo.knowem.com Find out if your website and social media properties are properly mark up or not.
- Sistrix: you can compare keywords up to three competitors, and it will show which keywords you’re still not targeting for which these competitors are already ranking and the level of traffic opportunity and competition. By July 2015 this tools supports websites located in: USA, UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain and Poland.
- Siteliner is a free utility designed to help find duplicate content, broken links and other site issues that can negatively impact SEO.
- Social Crawlytics: This fantastic SEO tool but also Social media tool allows you to identify your competitor’s most shared content. The tool offers social metrics, most shared authors, scheduled monitoring as main features.
- SpeechPad Allows you to create transcriptions from video to text. Great when optimising video content (seo for video tool) for search engines.
- Spyfu you can search for any domain and see every place they’ve shown up on Google: every keyword they’ve bought on Adwords, every organic rank, and every ad variation in the last 6 years.
- STAT Rank tracking and SERP analytics platform for SEO professionals. Pricing starts at $500 a month for first 5.000 keywords. Quoted at March 2016. You can track keywords by city, state, postal code, language and mobile.
- Structure data testing tool – Rich snippets – Authorship verification
- Tag Assistant by Google – Tag Assistant helps to troubleshoot installation of various Google tags including Google Analytics, Adwords Conversion Tracking, Google Tag Manager and more. Tag Assistant helps you verify that you have installed various Google tags correctly on your page. Just navigate to any page and Tag Assistant will tell you which tags are present, find any errors and suggest tagging improvements for your website. Use Google Tag Assistant Recording to record a typical user flow to and through your website and instantly validate, diagnose, and troubleshoot issues with your Google Tags.
- Title Builder – Helps you find the most searched keywords on eBay per country.
- Tools.pingdom.com Check out any page speed issues and how to solve them.
- Truesocialmetrics. Find out where your competitors are getting social shared from.
- Ubersuggest.org Help you find search term combinations.
- Virtual Private Networks: These tools will allow you to safely browse internet from public locations. it provides annonymus IP address so your network and location is unknown. For SEO research it allows to choose from different cities around the world to see what Google localised results are.
- WooRank: WooRank SEO tool is a popular Website Review and SEO Tool. You can run a free review. You can also create an advanced Review to track and optimise your website.
- Web CEO: This is one of the top SEO tools that allows you to pick the most profitable keywords for your site. This tools will help you pinpoint high demand/low competition keywords and exploit them. You can also use this tool to spy on your competitors and analyse their SEO strategies. With this tool you will optimise your pages for high search engine rankings.
- Website Auditor Site errors are not good signals for Google Rankings — if your site has signs of poor quality, why would Google give you high rankings? Most SEOs do know this, but only very few are skilled to identify and fix all site errors. Website Auditor helps you avoid any on-page problems and ensure stable, effective and best SEO. Website Auditor can find all technical issues that are lowering your search engine rankings, it will show you how to fix them. You will be able to see how your competitors are handling on-page seo and you can also get keyword usage advice for each of your pages. Find and fix all your website seo issues — and make your site rank higher in search engines!
- Yoast’s WordPress SEO Plugin (free) is for sites that use the open-source WordPress.org CMS, and it can automatically fix and streamline many technical errors a site might have without too much technical knowledge needed. You can also use it to enter your HTML title tags and meta descriptions.
- Youtube custom playlist tool CSV Spreadsheet (by Distilled): This great SEO tool for Youtube video and spreadsheet will help you to easily create a custom Youtube Play list. Saving you a great amount of time.
- Zencache: a great wordpress plugin that tells a visitor or robot that has recently visited your website that they don’t necessarily need to waste time reloading site images or brand new content. Caching is a great way of keeping site content closer to the user to enable a faster load time.
ABOUT OUR BEST SEO TOOLS EXPERT
Mauricio Escobar is the Founder & Global Head of Digital Marketing Strategy at eDigital. Empowering best digital marketing capability over 18 years via Strategy Workshops, Campaign Management & Training Sessions; Mauricio’s has generated traffic growth and sales for a great variety of Australian brands. Mauricio now consults and trains Agencies, Government & Marketing teams. His articles, strategy frameworks & templates are read by thousands of marketers subscribed to his e-newsletter. Mauricio enjoys nature trekking around the world, conceptual photography & teaching Digital Marketing at Private Colleges & Unis. Certified Facebook/Adwords Marketer – Social Media Specialist – Sydney SEO Consultant – Corporate Trainer – StartUp Investor – International Speaker.
Contact Mauricio today!
TOP EDIGITAL CONTENT
Creative Photography Brief Template
Digital Marketing Plan Template
Freelance Contract Template
Mobile App Development Brief Template
Social Media Marketing Plan Template
Social Media Policy Template
Strategic Marketing Plan Template
Video Monetisation Brief Template
Website Development Brief Template
App Builders Makers Tools
Digital Marketing Tools
Google Analytics Tools
Marketing Reporting Dashboards Tools
Online Quiz Maker Software
Online Survey Tools
Social Media Tools
MOST VISITED PAGES
Content Marketing Courses
Digital Marketing Courses
Facebook Marketing Courses
Google Adwords Courses
Google Analytics Courses
Google Plus Marketing Courses
Growth Hacking Marketing Courses
Instagram Marketing Courses
Internet Marketing Courses
Linkedin Marketing Courses
MailChimp Marketing Courses
Mobile Marketing Courses
Online Marketing Courses
Social Media Courses
Viral Marketing Courses
Web Marketing Courses
Youtube Marketing Courses
NOW YOUR TURN!
Share your opinion or your best tip below 😀 ⇓