BEST INSTAGRAM TOOLS
eDigital reveals the best Instagram Tools most people do not know about! These tools allows to better manage, market and include hacks and tricks used by professional Instagram marketers to fast increase and get thousands of new Instagram followers for free! – Your Instagram account will be like a bee reaching thousands of Instagram users per day!
You can now register to our “Instagram Marketing Strategy: How to get Instagram followers fast and free” Course! where you will have access to few of the the top best Instagram tools that will help you maximise your time and increase followers!
Instagram has positioned itself as one key marketing channels, specially if your brand targets Gen Y and Z global audience. With over 500 million users (Aug 2016) and being of the highest social media platforms in terms of engagement rates (likes, comments per post) with an estimated ad revenue of 2.8 billion for 2016 (Source eMarketer); marketers need to ensure they are using the right tools to promote, engage and measure Instagram success!
Following our popular “how to get Instagram followers fast and free” article and to learn how to market successfully via Instagram, Global Head of Digital Marketing Strategy and Social Media Trainer, Mauricio Escobar from eDigital, lists some of the most popular and effective tools used by professional marketing practitioners below…
Note: From July 2016, Instagram Business profiles with analytics features are now also available. Just go to settings on your Instagram account and switch to Business profile – You will need to have a Facebook business page that you can link to your new Instagram business account. Instagram business account shows great insights including:
- Total weekly posts impressions
- Impressions of each post posted in the last three months.
- The days of the week when your followers are the most/least active
- Average time your followers are on Instagram each day of the week.
- Top countries your followers are located.
- Top cities your followers are located.
- The gender and age distribution of your followers.
- Number of followers
NOVEMBER 2016 UPDATE – INSTAGRAM TOOLS
- You can now use Boomerang App inside Instagram Stories, creating cool image loops with no need of leaving the Stories section of Instagram.
- You can now tag your Instagram friends on your Instagram stories by adding the @ symbol.
- You can now add a hyperlink into your Instagram stories, sending users to your website.
ANALYTICS TOOLS FOR INSTAGRAM
- Deep.Social is an Audience Data and Analytics Platform providing insights into Demographics, Psychographics and Performance of 27,563,608 Instagram Influencers and their audience. It took them 2 years and $2M investment to mine this audience data and now it is based on real-time analysis of: – 8,158,849,959 posts on 702,427,212 social accounts. Offers a good analysis of influencers active audience in Instagram via API, WEB or PDF for agencies, marketing platforms and brands.
- IconoSquare –⚡️ eDigital recommended ⚡️ Founded in 2011 in France, Iconosquare is on of the top leading Instagram tools. Allows you to analyse, manage and run competitions for one or multiple Instagram accounts. There is a free version only for seven days. Paid plans include: Plus $49/year (does not include competitor or hashtag tracking) – Elite $149/year (includes competitors tracking up to 5 competitors and hashtag tracking up to 3 hashtags) – Corporate $499/year. You will enjoy using Iconosquare Index List to find top popular brands (Find out that actress and singer Selena Gomez is the most followed Instagram Account) or find out the most engaging Instagram Accounts. The Iconosquare Influence List is also a handy tool find top influencers by country.
- InsTrack: Instrack can be one of your favourite Apps you will use to check your Instagram progress on the go. It not free, you gotta pay around $2.95 per feature. There are around 4 main features you pay to get the whole offering, so it will cost you approx $12 dollars. The app will help you manage Instagram performance, see the people who have blocked you, your most popular photos, your least popular photo, ghost likers (people who like your photos but do not follow you), rank your best friends (the ones liking and commenting the most), etc.
- Later ⚡️ eDigital recommended ⚡️ Later helps you plan and schedule Instagram posts. It offers Instagram analytics too.Get 20% off with this later promo code
- Magi Metrics: Top three things you can do with this tool. 1. Discover your most popular Instagram posts and turn them into ads. 2. Analytics: Export anyone’s Instagram account, the followers, posts, comments or likes for any Instagram account. Export an Instagram hashtag. Get the data as a spreadsheet file, so you can do your own analysis. 3. Influencers: Search for Instagram influencers by keyword and filter by number of followers, engagement and location.
Great tool if you need to download a full list of Instagram followers or a full list of people who have liked all your Instagram posts or have commented on all your Instagram post. Also this tool is useful when you have thousands of followers but cannot search for a specific one natively on Instagram as there is no search bar. The free option on Magi Metrics will give you up to 100 followers or post per export. The paid version starting at $100/month will give you up to 1 million followers/posts per export.
Deep.Social is an Audience Data and Analytics Platform providing insights into Demographics, Psychographics and Performance of 27,563,608 Instagram Influencers and their audience. It took us 2 years and $2M investment to mine this Audience data and now it is based on real-time analysis of: – 8,158,849,959 posts on – 702,427,212 social accounts.
- Simply Measured:Enterprise tool (not cheap). Packages Starts at $500/month. However, they offer a free Instagram report on how your account is performing and what images are working for you.
- Socialblade allows you to find Instagram stats of top 10, 50, 100 by number of followers – worldwide
- Websta Find hot/popular instagram tags.
AUTO LIKES BOTS AUTO FOLLOW COMMENTING BOTS TOOLS
April 2017 Update: Instagram forced Instagress to shut down in April 2017. There might be other Instagram bots like this to be affected in the near future. We suggest hire one of our eDigital best Instagram Virtual Assistants.
You might want to use them to only automate the process of liking photos with specific hashtags or locations. I would not recommend to use these tools to automate the process of “following” as it might not pick up the right followers who would also like to follow you back and engage (like, comment) with your Instagram photos.
With any of the below tools ensure you set time zone is set ( if the tool allows) for your real location time zone AND server location for your real location as well as. This is important as Instagram can detect someone in another location is trying to sign up to your account sending strage signals to Instagram.
- #likes – ⚡️ eDigital recommended ⚡️, $29.99 (120 days). Free 5 day trial period. The tool will like and follow specific hashtags or locations. Allows to exclude following “private” users. It allow us to build a new account from no followers to 3200 followers in 3 months.
- Archie packages start at $27/month, $39/month, $59/month
- Autogrambot packages starts at $9/month (2 accounts), $19/month (5 accounts), 39/month (10 accounts).
- FastFollowerz can offer you 1.000 Instagram followers for $199. Offers location targeting and blacklist keywords.
- Followliker $97.99 One time payment. unlimited accounts. Automate the process of follow users, unfollow users, share photos, like photos, unlike photos, post comments, send direct messages, user search, photo search.
- Instagress Instagram forced them to shut down in April 2017. Price was: $79.99 a year. Allowed you to automate your account likes and comments on other Instagram profiles.
- Instamacro (also called Instaliker) Same as other auto like, auto follower tools. Packages start at $2.99 for one day. If you pay for 30 days you can get the package for $59.99
- Likestagram: bot that will automate “liking” for you specific hashtags.
- MyInstapal: 7 day free trial. Then packages start at $14.99
- River ⚡️ eDigital recommended ⚡️ $49 and $99 packages per month. Can add relevant comments based on Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning. We tested this tool and helped un increased our following base from 3200 to 5870 by the tool liking and commenting on specific hashtags we set. To achieve this result, the tool had to follow the max of 7500 people Instagram allow to follow. We are now in the process of bulk un-following to find out the net gain. We will update the final results soon.
- Socedo premium tool for large enterprises
- SocialGear three day free trial. US$4/day. expect around 500 new followers a week.
- SocialRunner.net packages start at $9.95 (3 days), $79 (one month), $199 (3 months). Use promo code “15OFFSALE” or “XMAS15” to get 15% off.
Takin the risk of being banned by Instagram is not for all brand. We suggest you chose a real human one of our best Instagram Virtual Assistants (IVA).
BULK UN-FOLLOW APPS
Apps that allow you to mass unfollow on Instagram saving you manual time unfollowing hundreds and even thousand users your account is following…
- Unfollowers for Instagram (Google Play)
- Cleaner for Instagram (Apple Store)
- InstaClean for Instagram (Apple Store)
EDUCATION RESOURCES FOR INSTAGRAM
- Introduction to Instagram – Blueprint (The official Instagram Free online course)
- Instagram Official Business Blog
- Instagram Official Inspiration site
- Instagram for Business Strategy Guide ( Downloadable PDF)
FREELANCERS SUPPORT FOR YOUR INSTAGRAM MARKETING
- Fiverr: Creative crowdsourcing in case you want to buy unique imagery.
- Tongal: Creative crowdsourcing in case you want to buy unique imagery.
- eDigital Agency: we can source the right images for your account and research the right colour palette to build visual consistency across yoru entire Instagram presence.
INSTAGRAM COMPETITIONS / CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT AND LANDING PAGES TOOLS
- ShortStack Makes it easy to set up and update Instagram campaigns, contest with a simple Instagram bio url that leads to a campaign competition landing page that you can edit easily via ShortStack. A great tool not only to create and run contests but also it helps you get explicit permission to use that content via their Rights Management tool. ShortStack leaves the poster a comment asking for their consent. When they reply yes, ShortStack detects the reply and notifies you that you’re free to use the content. For example it can comment: “We love your photo! We’d like to share it on our website and social channels. To give us permission, please reply with “#yesyoucan.” ShortStack can also hold voting competitions or offer discounts. This platform also offers you a competition embedding code so you can add the code on any page on your website. Packages start at USD$29 month or USD$159 a year. Great blog with case studies and tips.
INSTAGRAM OFFICIAL REPORTS AND STUDIES
HACKING THE 24 HOUR INSTAGRAM STORY UPLOAD LIMIT
Back in August 2016 Instagram launched: Instagram Stories. Pretty much a copy-cat of Snapchat, allows brands to upload photos and video type content tha appears on top of Instagram users’ feed. However there are limitations that make planning Instagram stories challenging as you can only post photos or videos taken within a 24-hour time period. Below are some easy hacks other marketers have kindly shared with us:
- Screenshot an old photo so it comes back into the 24 hour period on your phone.
- Change photo date with Pixelgarde app. It is free and you can pay $1.99 to remove their watermark.
- Change the date of your video with iMovie App for iphones or VideoShow for Android phones.
- Upload a photo or video to Instagram while on Airplane mode. Make sure you tap “Share.” Your photo or video will not post – cause you are on airplane mode – however Instagram will save a new copy of the edited photo or video to your Camera Roll. Then disable “airplane mode” and go to the image selector in Instagram Stories where the edited photo or video should appear. The make it live 🙂
Instagram announced in Feb 2017 that the hashtag search functionality was not working properly and was causing some post not to be shown for a hashtag feed even if it was added on a specific post.
What this mean for your business? Focus less on adding hashtags, and focus more on a) Having a distinct visual presence b) Be a story teller and c) Have well crafted creative that stands out.
MONETISATION PLATFORMS FOR YOUR INSTAGRAM PHOTOS
- Clashot A popular stock photos website. You to upload your photos for buyers to review. You can sell your photos for between $0.50 and $80, and you will earn commission for every piece that is purchased.
- Foap This app helps mobile photographers make cash from their photos. You can upload your photos and making them available for purchase as stock images. For every photo sold, you make $5, and you can sell the same photo an unlimited amount of times.
- Snapcape Snapcape asks you to sell your photos within certain categories, such as restaurants, hotels, pets and laptops. You will upload 10 photos and they will review the quality of your work to whether list you or not.
- Snapwire allow users to sell their mobile photography for money. You can submit your photos for cash approx $100 per photo. As photographers build more credibility on the site over time, they can potentially receive more briefs from buyers.
- Stockimo Part of Alamy, a large stock photo agency. Stockimo has paid $140M out to photographers. You upload your photos and once it’s approved, it goes up for sale. You receive commission for every photo sold, and you are permitted to retain the copyright to your work.
- Tribe: Australian based influencer platform will pay you for your Instagram photos.
- Twenty20: ⚡️ eDigital recommended⚡️ Twenty20 is the world’s largest mobile photography marketplace and a community of the world’s top mobile photographers. Twenty20 is where creatives, marketers and business owners go to share and find inspiring, authentic stock photos. If you are a photographer, you can gain exposure, connect with other photographers, and sell your photos to anyone around the world. If you are a marketer or business owner, you can find real-world authentic, original imagery from everyday experiences that you can use under a simple, royalty-free license. Get this $40 credit for your first transactions. They have an in-house legal team with a quality review service to ensure buyers are legally protected with the same legal assurances they receive when buying stock photography on Getty or Shutterstock, but getting more authentic, less-staged stock photos and supporting amateur photographers 🙂
PHOTOGRAPHY/IMAGE BANKS FOR INSTAGRAM
- FlashStock: you can submit photo assignments for very low cost and photographers around the world will submit their photos. By Feb 2016, photographers tend to be paid $10 per photo submitted. Advertiser will have full copyrights of the photos.
- Twenty20: Creative photography from Instagram users.
- Check our Royalty Free Stock Images Websites list
POSTER DESIGNS FOR INSTAGRAM
- Canva top 20 posters designs you can use for Instagram or any other social media
PRINTING INSTAGRAM PHOTOS
- Social Print Studio (San Francisco, USA)
SCHEDULING TOOLS – INSTAGRAM MANAGEMENT TOOLS
Instagram API does not allow for direct scheduling yet so all Instagram Scheduling tools will be sending you a notification reminder when for you to push your image live.
- BlueStacks Post photos from a desktop. Instructions here.
- IconoSquare: Manage Instagram performance and find world’s most popular instagram accounts.
- Later (Former Latergramme): allows you to schedule Instagram posts at a later date. By May 2017 you still need to publish manually as Instagram API does not allow for future publishing. It offers Instagram Analytics too. Get 20% off with this later promo code. Later will send you a notifications for you to publish your Instagram post. Key features are: Media Library: store photos and videos for multiple Instagram accounts in one place. Bulk upload and schedule photos and videos. Add labels to your uploaded media and easily search for them. Schedule the same photo or video multiple times.
- Schedugr.am $20/month
- Tailwind Currently on beta. You can subscribe to beta here.
SHOPPABLE INSTAGRAM PLATFORMS
Prices by Sep 2015 – Comparison is important so compare today and save future headaches.
- BazaarVoice Contact them to request price.
- Candid $199, $399 per month.
- Chute: Need to contact them to request pricing.
- Curalate (aka Like2buy) Premium enterprise tool. Approx $2.000/month
- FourSixty $50, $100, $300 per month packages.
- Linkedin.Bio (from Later) ⚡️ eDigital recommended ⚡️ starts at $16/month for two instagram accounts, plus the ability to schedule Instagram Posts.
- Liketoknow.it by RewardStyle
- OlaPic gotta contact them to get pricing.
- Piqora (Former Pinfluencer) Send them an email to request pricing.
- Pixlee Send them an email to request pricing.
- Soldsie (Former have2haveit) $49, $99, $199 per month packages.
- Stakla enterprise premium provider. Australian founded. Contact them to find out pricing.
- StoryBox Need to contact them to request price.
- StoryStream Need to contact them to request pricing.
SEARCH TOOLS FOR INSTAGRAM
- HastagPirate – Do NOT use it. it is spam and will not be able to close your window once you go to their website.
- MulPix.com: allows you to search for multiple Instagram hashtags #
TOOLS FOR INSTAGRAM STORIES
- Meta Trixter App that allows you to change the date of a photo stored in your iphone. This is useful when using photos for your instagram stories that are dated 24 hours more as Instagram stories do not allow to use photos that were taken before 24 hours time frame.
- Storied for Instagram This paid app (0.99 euros) will display any photo/video from your Camera Roll onto your Instagram Story! Even if it wasn’t taken in the last 24 hours, this app will make it available. How? It makes a copy of the photos you want to display on your camera roll so you are ready with fresh photos to be used for your new Instagram Story.
VISUAL SEARCH TOOLS
Have you found an image to want to promote on your Instagram account but not sure what the element inside the image is called? then you need to use an image recognition tool or visual search tool. Great tool to find the name of birds, trees, flowers, dog types, etc.
- CamFind is a visual search and image recognition mobile app developed by Image Searcher, Inc. in 2013. Powered by their api, CloudSight, it allows users to identify any item just by taking a picture with their smartphone, providing a range of information including related images, local shopping results, price comparisons and web results
WEB GALLERIES – BRING INSTAGRAM CONTENT TO YOUR WEBSITE
- Content Plum Instagram Widget – You can create Instagram image galleries by Instagram username or hashtag. Display Instagram photos right below your product in e-commerce store. Display it as separate Instagram gallery. Create Contests using Instagram hashtags and display it on website. Curate, moderate and visualise Instagram photos. Completely control which posts are being displayed on the widget. Customise look and feel to match your website.
- Enjoy Instagram: for wordpress websites – with the premium version allows you to create widgets, sidebars with carousel or gird view that you can moderate (select the exact images you want).
- Intagme: Embed your instagram feed into your website either.
- Websta: Allows you to create embed Instagram galleries. Each image will link to websta website.
- Learn how to get Instagram followers fast and free
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mauricio Escobar is the Founder & Global Head of Digital Marketing Strategy at eDigital. Empowering best digital marketing capability over 18 years via Strategy Workshops, Campaign Management & Training Sessions; Mauricio’s has generated traffic growth and sales for a great variety of Australian brands. Mauricio now consults and trains Agencies, Government & Marketing teams. His articles, strategy frameworks & templates are read by thousands of marketers subscribed to his e-newsletter. Mauricio enjoys nature trekking around the world, conceptual photography & teaching Digital Marketing at Private Colleges & Unis. Certified Facebook/Adwords Marketer – Social Media Specialist – Sydney SEO Consultant – Corporate Trainer – StartUp Investor – International Speaker.
Contact Mauricio today!
TOP EDIGITAL CONTENT
Creative Photography Brief Template
Digital Marketing Plan Template
Freelance Contract Template
Mobile App Development Brief Template
Social Media Marketing Plan Template
Social Media Policy Template
Strategic Marketing Plan Template
Video Monetisation Brief Template
Website Development Brief Template
App Builders Makers Tools
Digital Marketing Tools
Google Analytics Tools
Marketing Reporting Dashboards Tools
Online Quiz Maker Software
Online Survey Tools
Social Media Tools
MOST VISITED PAGES
Best Digital Marketing Agencies in Sydney
Best Marketing Consultants in Sydney
Google Analytics Audit
Google Analytics Training
How to Get Instagram Followers Fast & Free
SEO Company Sydney
SEO Services Sydney
Social Media Courses in Sydney
Content Marketing Courses
Digital Marketing Courses
Facebook Marketing Courses
Google Adwords Courses
Google Analytics Courses
Google Plus Marketing Courses
Growth Hacking Marketing Courses
Instagram Marketing Courses
Internet Marketing Courses
Linkedin Marketing Courses
MailChimp Marketing Courses
Mobile Marketing Courses
Online Marketing Courses
Social Media Courses
Viral Marketing Courses
Web Marketing Courses
Youtube Marketing Courses
NOW YOUR TURN!
Share your opinion or your best tip below 😀 ⇓