TOP BEST EMAIL MARKETING PLATFORMS – SOFTWARE
Find below top best email marketing platforms for both small and large businesses. From free to paid options available.
HOW TO CHOOSE AN EMAIL MARKETING VENDOR
Below are the top 13 most common factors professional marketers use to evaluate when choosing their best email marketing platform.
Behavioral targeting and event-triggered messaging are some of the most powerful marketing techniques a great email marketing software should offer you. It is now crucial to check whether your email marketing platform offers tracking features for behavioral targeting to make it fast and easy to start using it to increase revenue. Platforms such as Active Campaign or MailChimp allows you to:
- Set up an abandoned cart email asking contacts if there was a problem during checkout
- Send an email to customers who have repeatedly viewed your pricing page asking if they need any help so you can begin a sales-oriented conversation
- Apply a tag to contacts who repeatedly view certain products so you can send them a special offer, motivating them to make the purchase.
- Tag your contacts with their product category or topical interests to begin a targeted follow-up sequence delivering related content.
Can email subscribers be organised by…
- Date of entry: latest subscribers, oldest subscribers, specific date periods.
- Email addresses: hotmail, yahoo, gmail.
- Age, gender, or any other field subscription form might have.
- Bounce subscribers total, bounce subscribers by e-newsletter.
- Opt out emails (suppression list).
- How quickly is the above process? Would you need to download or have any specific software in our computers?
- Data Exporting: Can the above data be exported? If so, what format? How long does it take?
- How quickly and easy is for e-newsletter sent reporting to be available and exportable in what formats: (excel, pdf, word).
- Can key success events and/or metrics you have available. Some common ones include: total subscribers, new subscribers, total un-subscribers, new un-subscribers, total delivers, open rates, click through rates, forwards.
- Can you organise data by ascending or descending order. For example: I like to see how has open the most my e-newsletters and that gives me an indication of who is really interested in the topics shared and notify my sales team to prioritise and follow up.
- Can you compare metrics with past e-newsletters in an easy (graphic) way and be exported to a nice printable one page report?
- How quickly and easy is for e-newsletter sent reporting to be available and exportable in what formats: (excel, pdf, word).
- How many subject lines can be tested at one time? Any extra cost? Or hidden cost?
- How many A/B testing you can perform before an sent out? Any extra cost? Or hidden cost?
- How many hours of basic training are needed to have the skills to test templates and subject lines? Any cost?
- How many different e-mail subscription from and completed subscription pages can be created so you can target and monitor the amount of new subscribers from different online media channels at one time? Any extra cost?
- Can the new subscribers data be automatically integrated with a specific CRM system? if so, any cost?
- Would they offer you a customised and dedicated email address, static IP address and Self-throttling servers and would there be any guarantee that this will minimise high bounce rates? And if it still is producing high bounce rates what would be the solutions and at what costs?
- Can you create automated drip email sequences? This is a very popular tactic that gets users into the sales pipeline on an automated pilot.
- Would your prospective email management provider extra charge you if more data fields are added in your email subscription page as your provider will be receiving, storing and reporting more data?
NEW VERSIONS AND UPDATES
- Would they offer product enhancements totally free of charge?
- Would they offer training on new product enhancements? What costs? How quickly?
- You would like subscribers to be able to update their profiles.
- Would be any extra cost if you add another entry field that will alter this “subscription centre” page?
- At what level support is free and when does it start charging?
CONTRACT ENDING AND FEES
- How quickly your provider will delivers back all the database and in what format?
- How much notification period is needed to end contract and get all database back?
- What guarantees your provider will offer your database will not be used after contract is finished?
- Does it have a healthy spam record?
- Allows you to customise your template to match your branding guidelines?
- How many emails can you send in one single day? Some providers have a limit. Check that out!
- Can you link the platform to your current CRM Customer Relationship Management Platform? via Zapier or other tool?
- Can you subscribe people to your database via app for both mobile and tablets? in case you need to run an event and subscribe people?
HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU NEED A NEW EMAIL MARKETING PLATFORM
- You are loosing market share and your customers are not buying as frequent as you expect
- Your sales are becoming more dependent on new customers than old ones.
- The cost of sending eDM is taking a big chunk of your digital marketing budget.
- Your eDM delivery rates are lowering for no clear reason.
- People are having issues with the formatting of your eDMs
- You no longer want to send emails to your current and new customers from your personal email address. It is time to dress up!
BEST EMAIL MARKETING SOFTWARE – THE LIST
- Active Campaign ⚡️ eDigital recommended ⚡️ send targeted, personalised email marketing messages that align with your email contacts’ interests. A great email marketing platform to increase loyalty, more repeat orders, and more referrals as your email send outs nurture a strong customer relationship throughout all stages of your customer lifecycle.
- Adobe Business Catalyst
- Autopilot Prices start at $20/month for less than 1000 subscribers.
- Aweber Lowest package is $19/month to up to 500 subscribers. Unlimited sends.
- Benchmark FREE Upload up to 2,000 subscribers and send up to 14,000 emails per month for free. After that you need to buy a package. The lowest package is 11.95/month that allows you to send unlimited emails to a subscriber based of up to 600 contacts.
- Boomerang – A simple but powerful Chrome extension that enables you to schedule e-mails to be sent later and save the ones you want to read. It’s exceptionally useful if you’re afraid you’ll forget to reply or you need to send a message to a person in a different time zone.
- Campaigner Cheapest package is $19/month to send emails to up to 1000 subscribers.
- Campaign Monitor – $9/month allows you to send 2,500 emails to 500 people.
- Constant Contact Lowest package is $17/month to up to 500 subscribers. Prices available for non-for-profits.
- ConvertKit Good for automating sequences and intuitive for automation and course creation. Increase open rate by re-sending emails to un-opens. Offers custom opt-in forms to match your content. No need to duplicate subscribers for different lists – individual subscribers can be tagged and categorised for as many lists, segments, interests, and courses as you’d like. Fewer options for designed and customised emails. No A/B testing. Few third party integrations. Prices start at $29 per month for 1000 subscribers.
- Doppler – Free up to 500 subscribers. Then packages start at $15.
- e-Goi – Send unlimited emails to a database of up to 10k emails for US$63/month. Different pricing options available.
- Email Octopus 👍🏼 Sends emails through Amazon’s Simple Email Service (SES), allowing them to charge you less without sacrificing deliverability. Advanced features also available. EmailOctopus provides unlimited emails on every plan starting at $15. Includes customised reports, drip email sequences, import contacts and integrate with forms via Zapier. Free option available up to 1000 subscribers and stats available only up to 90 days.
- Exact Target (SalesForce)
- Experian (Former Cheetah Mail)
- ExpressPigeon. Prices start at $359 for 70.000 subscribers you can send up to 1.2 millions of emails. Offers responsive emails for any device. You can design your own email marketing template with a sleek drag-and-drop editor. Personalisation and segmentation options are available. Plus, a powerful delivery network reliably gets your messages where they need to go. You can integrate ExpressPigeon to 750+ apps via Zapier.
- Get response Prices start from $15/month for a list less than 1000 subscribers.
- Go Daddy Packages start at AU$9.95 in which you can have a database of up to 500 subscribers and send up to 5000 emails per month. Other packages for more subscribers and more sent outs are available.
- Goodbits – This chrome extension enables you and your team members to collect content you find and use it to build instant emails for your subscribers. Also, the extension features analytics that enable you to see the effectiveness of the content you send.
- Gorgias – If you have a bunch of e-mails of the same type that you’re sending on a daily basis, you can reduce your workload by saving them as templates. Gorgias enables you to create personalised text templates which can be inserted quickly via keyboards shortcuts. As a bonus, you can share the templates you have with team members.
- Just Not Sorry – When sending an important email, it’s crucial to show yourself as a confident and persuasive person. However, common words like “just”, “sorry” and “I think” can reduce your impact. This chrome extension highlights “weak” words in your gmail emails and allows you to edit them before sending.
- MailChimp FREE ⚡️ eDigital recommended ⚡️ Up to 2,000 subscribers and up to 12,000 emails sends per month for free. After that packages start at $10/month.
- MailMunch Allows you to create easy opt-in forms that can be integrated with MailChimp.
- MailRoom (Netregistry) $79 set up fee plus min package at $19/month to send only up to 500 emails.
- Revue – If you’re curating weekly email digests, you would like to give it a try to this tool. Revue enables you to grab content from social media and other resources and add it to your newsletter emails in a single click. This chrome extension features formatting options, making it really easy to adapt the content you want to share.
- Salmat (Former Returnity)
- Sendinblue FREE Up to 9k emails sent a month to a unlimited subscriber base. After that packages start from $7.37 which allows you to send up to 40.000 emails to an unlimited subscriber base.
- Sendlane Prices start at $9/month for less than 500 subscribers.
- Traction Digital ( Former Campaign Master)
- Vero Automated workflows, real time event tracking and data segmentation. Cheapest package starts at $99/month you can have up to 12.500 subscribers and send up to 25.000 emails per month.
- Vertical response FREE up to 300 subscribers and 4000 emails per month. After that you need to buy a package. Cheapest one starts at $22/month.
- Vistaprint FREE up to 100 subscribers and unlimited sending. Powered by Constant Contact.
- Vision6. Starter package is $9/month which allows you to send up to 2500 emails to up to 500 subscribers.
- WiseStamp – This chrome extension helps you create good-looking, personalised email signatures, with the ability to add photos, social media buttons and share live updates (for example, the latest blog post or tweet), etc. You can also create multiple signatures if you use multiple email addresses for different aims.
FINAL TIP IN RELATION TO YOUR EMAIL SUBSCRIBER BASE
Whether or not you have the most amazing email marketing platform; keep the same attention on your email subscribers as they are people who have actively chosen to hear from you and usually consist of your current clients, prospective clients and your brand advocates. Pay close attention to the number of people who open your emails and click the links inside — this is a good indicator of what kind of results you’re driving with your email marketing. If your subscribers aren’t buying, you may want to consider offering them a special offer or discount for their ongoing loyalty.
eDigital email marketing consultants and specialists can help you map out the best e-mail marketing strategy. Contact us and get a quote today.
ABOUT OUR EMAIL MARKETING SPECIALIST & TRAINER
Mauricio Escobar is the Founder & Global Head of Digital Marketing Strategy at eDigital. Empowering best digital marketing capability over 18 years via Strategy Workshops, Campaign Management & Training Sessions; Mauricio’s has generated traffic growth and sales for a great variety of Australian brands. Mauricio now consults and trains Agencies, Government & Marketing teams. His articles, strategy frameworks & templates are read by thousands of marketers subscribed to his e-newsletter. Mauricio enjoys nature trekking around the world, conceptual photography & teaching Digital Marketing at Private Colleges & Unis. Certified Facebook/Adwords Marketer – Social Media Specialist – Sydney SEO Consultant – Corporate Trainer – StartUp Investor – International Speaker.
Contact Mauricio today!
TOP EDIGITAL CONTENT
Creative Photography Brief Template
Digital Marketing Plan Template
Freelance Contract Template
Mobile App Development Brief Template
Social Media Marketing Plan Template
Social Media Policy Template
Strategic Marketing Plan Template
Video Monetisation Brief Template
Website Development Brief Template
App Builders Makers Tools
Digital Marketing Tools
Google Analytics Tools
Marketing Reporting Dashboards Tools
Online Quiz Maker Software
Online Survey Tools
Social Media Tools
Best Digital Marketing Agencies in Sydney
Best Marketing Consultants in Sydney
Best Online Affiliate Networks
Google Analytics Audit
Google Analytics Training
How to Get Instagram Followers Fast & Free
SEO Company Sydney
SEO Services Sydney
Social Media Courses in Sydney
Content Marketing Courses
Digital Marketing Courses
Facebook Marketing Courses
Google Adwords Courses
Google Analytics Courses
Google Plus Marketing Courses
Growth Hacking Marketing Courses
Instagram Marketing Courses
Internet Marketing Courses
Linkedin Marketing Courses
MailChimp Marketing Courses
Mobile Marketing Courses
Online Marketing Courses
Social Media Courses
Viral Marketing Courses
Web Marketing Courses
Youtube Marketing Courses
NOW YOUR TURN!
Share your opinion or your best tip below 😀 ⇓